Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... (7246 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / Buhari & Amaechi: The Handshake That Got People Talking(photo) / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by edogirl2: 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
I always thought all the APC needed to do was give us Buhari/Fashola, and 2015 was done. Since I don't listen to what most of these discredited 'Christian leaders' say, I am certainly not one Christian that would be misled into believing a Christian must be part of the ticket.

But looking at it again, a Buhari/Amaechi doesn't sound bad. Nothing to do with religion, but I think a lot of people in other regions wouldn't mind this combo. Amaechi has won and continues to win sympathies as a victimised, yet strong personality.

Anything to get rid of the PDP. Anything!

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Ikengawo: 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
for what? The north will even vote GEJ and if he thinks Amaechi will get the igbo OR delta vote they should really take their time with all the rumu port harcourt who don't even support their governor. Buhari is a has been only illiterates and fanatics support him

4 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by edogirl2: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
It's fair to say that Igbos will probably vote overwhelmingly for GEJ again. Most people know and accept that, so, Igbo votes are not part of the calculation in a Buhari/Amaechi combo, nor truth be told, will it be in a Buhari/Fashola paring.

As for Buhari, I agree he has some flaws, but I take comfort from the fact that as an experienced leader, he will know that pushing the country in one extreme direction or the other will imperil unity even further. I also know that when all is said and done, the constitution has a lot of inbult defences against a wantonly autocratic Presidency.

What entices me to Buhari is that he holds out that prospect, that hope, however small, of a Nigerian President who will genuinely fight corruption. For me, that is the most important quality I desire in the next Nigerian leader.

GEJ is painfully incapable, so he is certainly not an option for me. Sorry.

9 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Ikengawo: 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Buhari fought corruption by flogging people and averting the judicial system. did it work?

5 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by edogirl2: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
I understood that there was little corruption during his time. False?

Also, I am not aware that his government used flogging as a tool to punish erring masses. Yes, it may have been used by some quasi-military agencies and the police, but we have the same today.

Don't police flog people now? And the army publicly humiliating civilians? I tell you of a recent (well, a few months ago) event where the army team on the road block between Owo and Akungba apparently forced a 'poorly dressed' lady to bring her t*ts out to be fondled by the Okada guy ferrying her. I understand the Ondo State University (Akungba) girl was dressed for a party on a weekend, and the army thought her dressing was distasteful, and her punishment was that depraved humiliation. We happen to leave in a society with peculiar values. We can't peg everything on Buhari.

NB: Just to confirm that the incident about the army was relayed to me by a relative. I can't vouch that it happened.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Ikengawo: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Jesus! If this story is true i'm truly disgusted at the level of heartlessness in Nigeria
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
edo.girl:

Also, I am not aware that his government used flogging as a tool to punish erring masses. Yes, it may have been used by some quasi-military agencies and the police, but we have the same today.

Don't police flog people now? And the army publicly humiliating civilians? I tell you of a recent (well, a few months ago) event where the army team on the road block between Owo and Akungba apparently forced a 'poorly dressed' lady to bring her t*ts out to be fondled by the Okada guy ferrying her. I understand the Ondo State University (Akungba) girl was dressed for a party on a weekend, and the army thought her dressing was distasteful, and her punishment was that depraved humiliation. We happen to leave in a society with peculiar values. We can't peg everything on Buhari.

NB: Just to confirm that the incident about the army was relayed to me by a relative. I can't vouch that it happened.
i love the way you table your arguments, simply brilliant. I hope you make more contributions here.
@ topic i doubt the number of votes Amechi would bring in as vice president, like it's been said above igbos would most likely vote gej except Apc wins anambra and chooses rochas as it's VP thereby selling the igbo presidency agenda for 2019.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
edo.girl:

To add to that; just yesterday, a man was punished by soldiers for crossing a road and not using the pedestrian crossing. I have seen the pictures.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

To add to that; just yesterday, a man was punished by soldiers for crossing a road and not using the pedestrian crossing. I have seen the pictures.
Gbam
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
@ Edo Girl

I disagree with the choice of Ameachi as VP on the following grounds

1. He doesn't have a large amount of supporters. Most voters in Ameachi's region will vote GEJ anyway; so what leverage does Ameachi have?

2. A more competent administrator should be VP to Buhari. I don't see why Fashola should be overlooked on the basis of religion. June 12, a muslim/muslim ticket won against a Muslim/Xtian ticket.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Desola(f): 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
edo.girl:

Excuse me mam, sorry to interrupt this conversation but I wanted to let you know that I am a long standing admirer of yours.

Thank you.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by nku5: 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
Buhari's too old abeg. I'd rather see fashola/amaechi if he cross carpets to APC or mark/amaechi if he remains in PDP
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
nku5: Buhari's too old abeg. I'd rather see fashola/amaechi if he cross carpets to APC or mark/amaechi if he remains in PDP

How do you get Mark/Ameachi in PDP with a sitting president belonging to PDP?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by edogirl2: 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto: @ Edo Girl

I disagree with the choice of Ameachi as VP on the following grounds

1. He doesn't have a large amount of supporters. Most voters in Ameachi's region will vote GEJ anyway; so what leverage does Ameachi have?

2. A more competent administrator should be VP to Buhari. I don't see why Fashola should be overlooked on the basis of religion. June 12, a muslim/muslim ticket won against a Muslim/Xtian ticket.

No question that Amaechi won't bring as much votes as Fashola, and in my view a Buhari/Fashola ticket remain the most formidable option for APC. I also think Buhari/Amaechi can be a veritable second choice.

A muslim/muslim, particularly one with Fashola on it, is not an issue for most Christians that I know. Right now, people just want a solid leader who will fight corruption.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by edogirl2: 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Desola:

Excuse me mam, sorry to interrupt this conversation but I wanted to let you know that I am a long standing admirer of yours.

Thank you.

cheesy

Aww...nice. At the risk of turning this into a mutual appreciation society, I like you too but I do 'fear' when you threaten to visit folks at night. Honest, it scares me. Lol

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by nku5: 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

How do you get Mark/Ameachi in PDP with a sitting president belonging to PDP?

Tall order I know, just wishful thinking based on the PDP"gentleman's agreement". Moreover GEJ did say he would do just a term.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by edogirl2: 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
i love the way you table your arguments, simply brilliant. I hope you make more contributions here.
@ topic i doubt the number of votes Amechi would bring in as vice president, like it's been said above igbos would most likely vote gej except Apc wins anambra and chooses rochas as it's VP thereby selling the igbo presidency agenda for 2019.

Thanks. I do contribute, but in the past few months people have become so angry and abusive about anything and anybody they disagree with that I prefer to watch from the sidelines most times. It is a very intimidating environment now.

On Okorocha...I agree that if APC wins Anambra, that will be a major breakthrough for the party in the SE, and will increase the likelihood of an Igbo VP. All in all, I think the Buhari/Fashola combination will edge it at the end of the day.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by yoji: 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
How can anybody mention amechi in this equation. Why would south south/south east willingly abandon d gains of presidency which Jona represents for vp?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Olaolufred(m): 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ikengawo: Buhari fought corruption by flogging people and averting the judicial system. did it work?

In case you were born before 1983,
Can you tell me how long he ruled Nigeria?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Buhari appears to have a stance against corruption, but his strong tribal statements have SEALED his political doom in Nigeria. It is impossible for him to win any election. Any party that features him risks political demise.

I disagree that igbos would massively vote for GEJ. The man has consistently proven to be unworthy of the seat, through action and spoken word. He is a failure. Everybody knows this. That is why he has employed Asari and his associates to issue threats to northerners, in anticipation of gaining ethnic sympathy from southerners for 2015; despite his proven ineptitude. Forgetting that those that did so in the past ended up losing. He has been in government for many years, but still doesn't know how/when to talk/respond to situations. People are dying in the north, students are wasting away as ASUU victims, oil theft is at it's peak since discovery, unemployment figures are incalculable. How much longer? The man doesn't seem to care. All he knows is to approve chop-chop projects and set up kangaroo committees. It appears he is setting up a process to disintegrate the country. I just don't know.

GEJ sees Amaechi as his strongest opponent come 2015; that's why he is using all possible means to muscle him out of the scene. An Amaechi/Fashola or Fashola/Amaechi ticket would be a landslide victory. The APC know this, and they are doing everything possible to woo Amaechi to their team. I do not see any other combination that can cause problems for the PDP.

Know that the apc WILL NOT feature Buhari. His involvement in 2015 is not permutable.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Amechi?
Hahahahahaha!

And Buhari?

'''''smiles and shakes head, then leaves thread''''

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
fluid26: Buhari appears to have a stance against corruption, but his strong tribal statements have SEALED his political doom in Nigeria. It is impossible for him to win any election. Any party that features him risks a political demise.

I disagree that igbos would massively vote for GEJ. The man has consistently proven to be unworthy of the seat, through action and spoken word. He is a failure. Everybody knows this. That is why he has employed Asari and his associates to issue threats to northerners, in anticipation of gaining ethnic sympathy from southerners for 2015; despite his proven ineptitude. Forgetting that those that did so in the past ended up losing. He has been in government for many years, but still doesn't know how/when to talk/respond to situations. People are dying in the north, students are wasting away as ASUU victims, oil theft is at it's peak since discovery, unemployment figures are incalculable. How much longer? The man doesn't seem to care. All he knows is to approve chop-chop projects and set up kangaroo committees. It appears he is setting up a process to disintegrate the country. I just don't know.

GEJ sees Amaechi as his strongest opponent come 2015; that's why he is using all possible means to muscle him out of the scene. An Amaechi/Fashola or Fashola/Amaechi ticket would be a landslide victory. The APC know this, and they are doing everything possible to woo Amaechi to their team. I do not see any other combination that can cause problems for the PDP.

Know that the apc WILL NOT feature Buhari. His involvement in 2015 is not permutable.

Nice post but a part was a bit naive.

Why would the APC which is strong in the North give one slot in the President/VP combo to Ameachi or anyone with no following? The way to defeat GEJ is for strong turnout in STRONG APC strongholds. The two most popular candidates in APC areas are Buhari and Fashola. APC will lose if it fields Tinubu, arguably the strongest individual in that party.

I do agree that Buhari has not managed his brand very well and has allowed PDP to re-brand him as an Islamist. By not living above his means, many believe Buhari will continue his anti-corruption stance from 1985. A strong turnout in the North and Southwest will give victory to APC. 150% participation in SE/SS can't save GEJ.

6 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
nku5: Buhari's too old abeg. I'd rather see fashola/amaechi if he cross carpets to APC or mark/amaechi if he remains in PDP

Shimon Peres of Israel is 94, PM of India is 86, Mandela was 73 when he became President, Anenin of PDP is 82, Bamanga Tukur of PDP is 80, so what are you talking about? McCain was 71 when he contested against Obama to become president.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Psylas(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
edo.girl:
I always thought all the APC needed to do was give us Buhari/Fashola, and 2015 was done. Since I don't listen to what most of these discredited 'Christian leaders' say, I am certainly not one Christian that would be misled into believing a Christian must be part of the ticket.

But looking at it again, a Buhari/Amaechi doesn't sound bad. Nothing to do with religion, but I think a lot of people in other regions wouldn't mind this combo. Amaechi has won and continues to win sympathies as a victimised, yet strong personality.

Anything to get rid of the PDP. Anything!
what happens to Rochas that left APGA for APC so no sit for him? Abi him no dey qualifyd, well i pity him
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2013

Shimon Peres of Israel is 94, PM of India is 86, Mandela was 73 when he became President, Anenin of PDP is 82, Bamanga Tukur of PDP is 80, so what are you talking about? McCain was 71 when he contested against Obama to become president.........
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ronald Reagan was 69 and 73 when he was elected and re-elected respectively President of the US.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Psylas: what happens to Rochas that left APGA for APC so no sit for him? Abi him no dey qualifyd, well i pity him

So because he left APGA, he should automatically get a ticket? The only way Rochas can have more influence within APC is for Rochas to work tirelessly for APC to become more popular in the SE. Otherwise, he has no leverage.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by aventura: 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
Buhari can never be the president of Nigeria. On paper Buhari is the most qualified but his biggest undoing would be his tribalistic way of doing things. This is someone who didn't campaign in the south because he felt he didn't need the votes from that region. Buhari placed Shagari ( a northerner) on house arrest and imprisoned his deputy. Ekwueme ( a southerner) in kirikiri maximum prison. As for Amaechi don't be deceived by his recent theatrics, he really has no supporter from his region. But I will like to see Oke from Ondo state or Adeola as a running mate to Ribadu. Time for young progressive and innovative men not these agbada politicians.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by cashkidisback1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
anybody running wit buhari as mate wont win a single vote in d SE/SS especially in d SE.igbos wil vote massively for gej in 2015..evn if buhari runs rochas,igbos wont gv him their votes
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by CyberG: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
edo.girl:

Thanks. I do contribute, but in the past few months people have become so angry and abusive about anything and anybody they disagree with that I prefer to watch from the sidelines most times. It is a very intimidating environment now.

On Okorocha...I agree that if APC wins Anambra, that will be a major breakthrough for the party in the SE, and will increase the likelihood of an Igbo VP. All in all, I think the Buhari/Fashola combination will edge it at the end of the day.

Don't stop contributing and talking and NEVER give in to the dark forces who try to shut down positive contribution and opinions like yours! In fact, when you keep quiet, they find it much easier to accomplish their goals, which they really have! In fact, defend your opinions far more vigorously because the third-party, unbiased reader can see clearly who is right and who is wrong and will be persuaded about the facts you've laid down!

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by CyberG: 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
cashkid_is_back: anybody running wit buhari as mate wont win a single vote in d SE/SS especially in d SE.igbos wil vote massively for gej in 2015..evn if buhari runs rochas,igbos wont gv him their votes

You don't know that! All you have is your own single vote, assuming you are 18 and those of your immediate family and friends who may listen to you! Stop acting as though you speak on behalf of million of people because YOU DON'T and CANNOT!
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by lertee(f): 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
Has pastor tunde Bakare been dropped or why is he not mentioned? Just curious to know.
I thought it was him with buhari at all time mostly to balance the religion equation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Names Of Nigerian Looters Released By World Bank / Economic Diversification: CBN Will Invest To Create Jobs, Wealth — Emefiele / Halliburton Scandal: Aisha Buhari Pays Sahara Reporters For A Faked Us Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.