Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? (20978 Views)

The Secret Behind Storing Yams So It Doesn't Grow Moulds / Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins / Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by MaziOmenuko: 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
C'est moi:

Lmao......#speechless.I'm good and you?

Cool, still waiting for our rendezvous.
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Cestmoi1(f): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Cool, still waiting for our rendezvous.
Ermmmm,*scratches head* hehehehe
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by practicalclass: 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
'Isu igbo-ora' (Igbo-ora yam) as it is called they say can enable you have non-identical twins.
The entrance of the small town has a statue of a woman carrying a baby in front and another at the back.
The market is always filled with yam of different taste and sizes on their market days.
The sound of pestle pounding yam in a mortar is heard in almost all the iya-puts (canteen) and that typical sound of making amala (yam flour).
You can purchase yam in high quantity at a reasonable price (but those market men and women know how to spot a Journey Just Come;jjc and treat him/her as such)
In summary, it's a nice town to visit and consume lots of yam while there. You never know, you may just be on your way to having twins. cool
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Funjosh(m): 6:56am On Nov 08, 2013
Somebody say YAM cool

1 Like

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by drgeorge1(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2013
Lilimax:
You've answered the question.
It's just one ot these superstitious belief undecided
..plz, its not superstition, there had been so many medical & scientific researches done and also alot of documentations on this topic.. n they have all proven supportive of this assertion.. The major factor dat supports this is the discovery of Clomiphene-like substance in yam.. plz google n read its effect on ovulation & pregnancy. Peace!
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by PaulSeun89(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nice one. My would be wife must start eating much yam and with prayers we gonna have twins by God's grace!
@ OPs Thanks what a lovely tread!!!

1 Like

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by isalegan2: 3:01am On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by BCJAY(f): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2014
wasak:
I wish to c them! u have no idea how much I love twins . ... my Mama bleeped up but I'm not gonna Bleep up....
They are my nairaland profile picture they are three years on june 30
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by marketresearch: 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Yam in the US
for Nigerians looking for Yam in the US, you can get your ingredients here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/search?type=product&q=Yam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / Yoruba Cuisines To Try / Peak Milk Launches Peak Milky Pap With 'life Evolves, So Has Pap' Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.