Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,003 members, 7,799,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 (154185 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lennylinconlee: When a Nigerian National team scores a goal......Nigerians of all ethnicity and religion will jump up in jubilation and be screaming one word, one language in one voice "GOOAALLL!!!". That moment, we forget our ethnic & tribalistic sentiments wether it was scored by an Hausa, an Igbo or a Yoruba man. We love the feelings, we cherish the moments, we adore the players and we sing with one voice....."Up Super Eagles, Up Flying Eagles, Up Golden Eaglets and Up Green Eagles". When we talk about those games....we talk about "Nigeria" with one voice. We always wish Nigeria the best and support Nigeria with our great man power to go all out for the "Glory", for the interest of "One Nigeria". Nigeria can work, Nigeria can be a better place, Nigeria can move forward if the Hausa man can support the Yoruba man in government, if the Yoruba man can shun every ethnic sentiments and support the administration of the Igbo government. Look at the Golden Eaglets...the Hausa man [YAHAYA] passes the ball to the Igbo man [IHEANACHO] & the Igbo man tries and dribbles his way out of the huddles just to set up the Yoruba man [AWONIYI] to score the goal. That one goal that was fought for by the collective responsibility,hard work and contributions of all the ethnic Nationality for one common goal [interest] that will benefit, elevate and sky rocket this One Nation to a greater hight and achievement(s). We should learn from this... we are one Nigeria, and that one greater Nigeria will only be possible if we eschew this our habit of ethnic sentiments and religious bias. UP GOLDEN EAGLETS, UP UP UPPER #NIGERIA. Against #Mexico, victory is ours!!!
May almighty God from his infinite mercy bless you and ur entire generation with this wonderful post. But i must say that Nigerians of larger population love each other...the so called elites remains the problem..they keep using divide and rule tactic to subject us to perpetual hatred for one another

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by nerodenero: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
Brown Pride: Whatever! You cheaters!! Your players are older than 20 years!
We are not cheats at all. Our boys are within the age bracket and to say your players are not more than 17years, is like telling a blind man that it is raining outside.
Brown Pride: In Mexico, we are register at birth, while in Africa you get registered at 3 or 4 years.
Listen d.ic.k head,we might be a developing country but that doesn't mean we don't know what we are doing. Children are registered at birth here and are given birth certificates.
Brown Pride: So, why so f.... Proud of cheating?
Seems you have not recovered from the 6-1 thrashing you received. We aint cheats but we will show you class when the stage is set tomorrow. Don't come crying foul play after the game might have gone in our favour.
Brown Pride: Even worst will taste your defeat next Friday when much younger players beat you.
Are you parading a different Mexican team?The last time I checked, it was the same team we thrashed thoroughly.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by IAMBREEZY: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
NAIJA GONNA WIN
BELIEVE ME OR NOT.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by nerodenero: 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
Golden Eaglets are like brothers – Alfa
In a thrilling Nigeria team that relentlessly launches attack after incisive attack, the attributes of Abdullahi Alfa can easily go unnoticed. Unlikely to feature prominently in the post-match statistics, his passes are usually those that pave the way for his team-mates further forward to lay on assists.

Take a closer look, however, and the importance of Alfa to a style of play that has yielded 23 goals in six matches becomes evident. In a baggy No8 shirt that seems too big for his slight build, the midfielder efficiently shifts the ball from side to side, dictating the rhythm of play of one of the finalists – and major revelations – of the FIFA U-17 World Cup UAE 2013.

“That’s the way I like to play,” said Alfa, who was born in the Niger delta region. “I need to keep a cool head and pivot in all directions to start our attacks.”

It is a template he has adopted from the player he looks up to as his role model, Andres Iniesta: “I love the way he plays, turning this way and that to receive the ball and to initiate moves.”

Interestingly, Alfa’s eulogising of the Spanish star comes hot on the heels of similar words from his team-mate Musa Yahaya, who plays further forward, who also told FIFA.com of his unconditional admiration of the Barcelona midfielder. The Nigerians share similar tastes, but there is more to it than that. By singling out Iniesta for special praise, Alfa speaks volumes about how his team have played at UAE 2013.

Alfa is supposedly a holding midfielder for Nigeria, playing in a withdrawn position near the central defenders. Why supposedly? Truth be told, in a team that is such an attacking machine, and which likes to pin opponents in their own half, the diminutive midfielder – at 5′ 7” the shortest player on the pitch in the 3-0 victory over Sweden – has not yet had his man-marking skills properly tested.

Usually stationed on the right, he has license to roam, with static positioning contrary to the philosophy of coach Manu Garba. “The coach gives us lots of freedom,” explained Alfa. “He has fostered a great team spirit. We all get along with one another as if we were brothers.”

I love the way he plays, turning this way and that to receive the ball and to initiate moves.
Abdullahi Alfa on Andres Iniesta

Nigeria indeed seem to be a perfectly functioning family. Up front, Kelechi Iheanacho and Taiwo Awoniyi are wreaking havoc, having accumulated nine goals and 12 assists between them. But to get the best out of this duo, they have to receive the service.

That is where Alfa comes in. “The three of us have trained and played together for a long, long time now, which has enabled us to strike up a great understanding on the pitch,” said one of the foot soldiers behind the forwards’ success.

Maradona and Mexico
In the semi-final, Alfa put in an especially eye-catching performance, with none other than Diego Maradona watching from the stands. “I didn’t know he was there, but even if I had it wouldn’t have made me nervous,” he said. “It’s obviously pleasing to know that one of football’s all-time greats was watching me and my friends play.”

Alfa and his team-mates certainly put on a show at the Rashid Stadium. The constant swift-passing moves through midfield were a delight to behold. Perhaps the simplest manner to describe each touch is to accompany it with a yell of “olé!”, as is the wont of Mexican fans when appreciating a long sequence of passes.

In the UAE 2013 final on Friday, in Abu Dhabi, these fans will be in attendance as Nigeria and Mexico square off for a second time in the tournament. The Africans thrashed their Central American opponents 6-1 in their opening group-stage encounter.

“We saw them play before our semi-final, and they looked strong against Argentina,” said the midfielder. “We’re hoping for a repeat performance [of the group match]. In football it’s difficult to make predictions but, God willing, we’ll beat them again. Mexico can make all the changes they want, but it will be the same team we faced in the group stage.”

Alfa is clearly not one for mincing his words. Some may interpret it as overconfidence, but the midfielder simply believes his team are on an unstoppable run of form.

In a jarring contrast to his discreet playing style, Alfa concluded with a bold statement when looking forward to the upcoming decider: “I promise our people back home that we will bring back the trophy. Yes, I can promise that.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/golden-eaglets-like-brothers-alfa/#sthash.UieAUA5S.dpuf

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by MAYOWAAK: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
History has it that, the three times (1985, 1993 and 2007) Nigeria golden eaglet have won the U-17, they were the once that scored. While the three times (1987, 2001 and 2009) they finished as runners up, their opponent scored first.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by MAYOWAAK: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
History has it that Nigeria had never won a rematch, which happened to be a final match at the FIFA U-17 World Cup. In canada'87 Nigeria drew 1-1 with Sovient Union when both sides first met in the opening group game. When they met again in the final, the eaglet lost on penalties 4-2 after playing 1-1 at 120'minutes of duration. 14 years later, at T & T'01 Nigeria beat france 2-1 at the group stage only to lose the final 3-0.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by MAYOWAAK: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
Mexico and Nigeria captains pose with the U-17 trophy earlier today.

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by laplace19(m): 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
I know Nigeria will win.... So I am predicting

NIGERIA 4 - 1 MEXICO
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by laplace19(m): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
MAYOWAAK: History has it that Nigeria had never won a rematch, which happened to be a final match at the FIFA U-17 World Cup. In canada'87 Nigeria drew 1-1 with Sovient Union when both sides first met in the opening group game. When they met again in the final, the eaglet lost on penalties 4-2 after playing 1-1 at 120'minutes of duration. 14 years later, at T & T'01 Nigeria beat france 2-1 at the group stage only to lost the final 3-0.

My guy,that jinx must be broken tomorrow

Can I get a sound "AMEN" from you grin

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by RockMaxi: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
MAYOWAAK: History has it that Nigeria had never won a rematch, which happened to be a final match at the FIFA U-17 World Cup. In canada'87 Nigeria drew 1-1 with Sovient Union when both sides first met in the opening group game. When they met again in the final, the eaglet lost on penalties 4-2 after playing 1-1 at 120'minutes of duration. 14 years later, at T & T'01 Nigeria beat france 2-1 at the group stage only to lost the final 3-0.

If I say you are superstitious you will say no.. undecided Be an Optimist. We can still change history and that is what great Men do.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lennylinconlee: When a Nigerian National team scores a goal......Nigerians of all ethnicity and religion will jump up in jubilation and be screaming one word, one language in one voice "GOOAALLL!!!". That moment, we forget our ethnic & tribalistic sentiments wether it was scored by an Hausa, an Igbo or a Yoruba man. We love the feelings, we cherish the moments, we adore the players and we sing with one voice....."Up Super Eagles, Up Flying Eagles, Up Golden Eaglets and Up Green Eagles". When we talk about those games....we talk about "Nigeria" with one voice. We always wish Nigeria the best and support Nigeria with our great man power to go all out for the "Glory", for the interest of "One Nigeria". Nigeria can work, Nigeria can be a better place, Nigeria can move forward if the Hausa man can support the Yoruba man in government, if the Yoruba man can shun every ethnic sentiments and support the administration of the Igbo government. Look at the Golden Eaglets...the Hausa man [YAHAYA] passes the ball to the Igbo man [IHEANACHO] & the Igbo man tries and dribbles his way out of the huddles just to set up the Yoruba man [AWONIYI] to score the goal. That one goal that was fought for by the collective responsibility,hard work and contributions of all the ethnic Nationality for one common goal [interest] that will benefit, elevate and sky rocket this One Nation to a greater hight and achievement(s). We should learn from this... we are one Nigeria, and that one greater Nigeria will only be possible if we eschew this our habit of ethnic sentiments and religious bias. UP GOLDEN EAGLETS, UP UP UPPER #NIGERIA. Against #Mexico, victory is ours!!!

My brother our shouting of GOAL in unionism and praising of our national team cant make us great as a nation when a microcosmic few who are opportuned to be at the corridors of power continue to loot our collective treasury with impunity and still go scout free, do you think our country will be great when the said corrupt few are above the law? ............ cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Chrisx1x(m): 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Time to teach the silly mexicans a bitter lesson.i can barely wait 4 d goal gallow.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Chrisx1x(m): 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
Emy~Leo:
God save u.. guys for don help u arrange yr dental formular...lol
na so.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Artlove(m): 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
Judek2:

This poster be like...
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha ....can't stop hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha abeg kill am well well haba.

1 Like

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
nerodenero: Golden Eaglets are like brothers – Alfa
In a thrilling Nigeria team that relentlessly launches attack after incisive attack, the attributes of Abdullahi Alfa can easily go unnoticed. Unlikely to feature prominently in the post-match statistics, his passes are usually those that pave the way for his team-mates further forward to lay on assists.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/golden-eaglets-like-brothers-alfa/#sthash.UieAUA5S.dpuf

I'm tired of all this Nigerian newspapers lifting directly from fifa.com
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by ini4brandon(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
homesteady:
hit like if you agree this mexican is older than the nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by Chrisx1x(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
Waladade4luv: Abeg wetin TB Joshua talk abt dis match oh. So dt we go know our faith:p
u nor hear when he say e nor go dey predict footbal match publicly again?if u hear n match when they say he predict na lie .he nor predict am
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by CyyRil: 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
There will be live comments of the final tomorrow on StarAfrica.
Also: can't wait for some more Kelechi Iheanacho brilliance. No wonder Arsenal is scouting him up.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by RockMaxi: 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
CyyRil: There will be live comments of the final tomorrow on StarAfrica.
Also: can't wait for some more Kelechi Iheanacho brilliance. No wonder Arsenal is scouting him up.

Arsenal may be scouting for him but I tell you his play pattern definitely gonna change, he may eventually not be the same Iheanacho 5 years from now. Ask Mikel..
cheesy
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by namdo(m): 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
laplace19:

My guy,that jinx must be broken tomorrow

Can I get a sound "AMEN" from you grin

But Sweden beaten on a re-match already.....abi that one no follow? De jinx don brake nawww.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
I love the dictions on this fifa.com news kiss No wonder Vanguard starts lifting articles from there. angry Check the bold statements. grin

Nigerian fans praise him in song. They join in his celebrations and hold up hand-made signs of adoration for their beloved No10. But Mexico’s defenders have nightmares about the lanky Kelechi Iheanacho. He swirled around them in the opening game, as if attached to wires in the rafters of the Khalifa Bin Zayed Stadium. He was irresistible in the first game of Group F, scoring four times in a 6-1 demolition of the holders that seemed to indicate a title defence was little more than fantasy.

“I’m sure they won’t feel great about that first result,” Iheanacho told FIFA.com after beating Sweden in Dubai in the semi-finals. “They’ll want to put pressure on us and we’ll have to be careful. We’ll respect them, but it’s hard to go against us when we’re playing our good football.”

All of Nigeria’s acclaim and adulation here in UAE is built on foundations of Mexican humiliation. The day after that opening game in Al Ain, a party was thrown by local dignitaries in honour of the four competing Group F nations. Iheanacho and his mates danced freely with Iraq’s young talents at twilight, the polite and blushing Swedes visited the buffet straight away. But Mexico’s players were nowhere to be found. They were exiled to their rooms thinking about that heavy defeat, that crushing loss to Nigeria.

Football is good at offering second chances, but Iheanacho – near the top of the scorer’s charts with five of Nigeria’s 23 goals – has bad news for the revived Mexicans. “We’ve got better since that opener,” he told FIFA.com under the bright lights in the corridor of the Rashid Stadium, press from back home clamouring for a chat with the young prodigy. “We’ve become closer and we’re going to chase them all over the field; we’re going to press them with our attackers and we won’t rest. We’ll go at them for 90 minutes until we’re sure the trophy is ours.”

Iheanacho has big tired eyes, looking always on the verge of slipping off to sleep. He hails from Imo State and his surname means ‘the wanted, or desired, one’ in his native Igbo language, suitable considering the rowdy Nigerian fans in Al Ain for the first game against Mexico were chanting “Call him up” – presumably to the Super Eagles senior team – even before he’d scored his fourth.

“They give us courage,” Iheanacho said of the Nigerian fans who’ve offered the tournament colour and swagger, their trumpets blaring for all of the Eaglets’ matches. “But you can’t play for the gallery, you have to play for your team-mates. But they do give us confidence and they cheer us up so that we can play in the right way,” he went on about the supporters who’ve sparked the venues of this Arab country with flashes of Lagos and Abuja.

Buzz from the terraces
Just as Mexican fans have their traditional taunt of Ole, a remnant of the nation’s bullfighting tradition, Nigerian football fans have their own way of inspiring their side and deflating the opponent. When Iheanacho and co get into their fast passing rhythm in attack, a squeal comes with each pass – aye, aye, aye in a high register, like a chirping bird, until the ball is lost. Then a low ooh of disappointment, almost disapproval.

“It’s a way Nigerians show their love of attacking football, fast, quick passes,” Sunday Oliseh, twice a World Cup participant for and a true legend of Nigerian football, said in a recent interview. “They’ve been doing it long before my time. It’s been there forever.”

The loudest aye comes when Iheanacho gets the ball, because – though it will be poison to Mexican ears – he’s gotten better as the tournament’s gone on. A four-goal opener is clear evidence that the young man knows where the goal is, but he’s since shown his ability as a creator, his seven assists marking him out as one of the best all-around players this junior world showpiece has ever seen.

Are you a playmaker Kelechi, or a scorer? A long pause. “I’m both,” he smiled. Another pause. “But I it’s not important to call yourself one or the other. If I’m in a good position to score then I’m happy to put the ball in the back of the net, but if I’m not, and I see someone in a better position, I’ll give it to him. It doesn’t matter in our team who scores the goals, who finishes top scorer or top player. It’s a collective effort.

“We have to work as a team, play as a team,” he added, knowing full well he and his mates have offered as harmonious a brand of football as any before at this age level. “This is how you win matches.” It is indeed, and with talents like Musa Yahaya, Taiwo Awoniyi and Abdullahi Alfa alongside Iheanacho, rest may not come easy for Mexico’s defenders in the wee hours tonight.

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=2219839/index.html
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by peleo: 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hi, I'm mexican and naturally I expect Mexico will win, but nonetheless I think both teams have equal chances of winning that match. I just hope they don't make it to the penalties, it would be too nerve wrecking!! My forecast: 3-1, Mexico wins grin. Greetings from Guadalajara, Mexico!!
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
peleo: Hi, I'm mexican and naturally I expect Mexico will win, but nonetheless I think both teams have equal chances of winning that match. I just hope they don't make it to the penalties, it would be too nerve wrecking!! My forecast: 3-1, Mexico wins grin. Greetings from Guadalajara, Mexico!!

You're welcome but we don't see the trophy tripping to Mexican side tomorrow.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by chukyjones(m): 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
Judek2: Shey na tomorrow !!

*in Flavour voice "anyi ga-eti mmadu anikaakwu"* grin grin

Nwanne, you are very much on point!. echi ka anyi ga achu n'owere nchi
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
which yeye history? We played a 3-3 draw with Sweden in group stage and won em 3-0 in a RE-MATCH. We have already used history to cook proper Egusi. Tomorrow, history wil have it that Nigeria is the first team to have won U-17 4 times. History will have it that Nigeria has scored the most goals in an U-17 tournament. History will have it, that Mexico suffered the worst loss in an U-17 final game. Men make history my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by infofta(m): 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
@Peleo. You got the scoreline but it will be Nig 3, Mexico 1.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
Saint Ndi: in T&T 2001. We beat france by 2----0 in the first match and was beating by that same france 3----0 in the final.
Why nigerians like negativity ?.Una talk say sweden are tactically stronger dan eaglets.We don flog dem 3-0.Una don change am to mexico.These eaglets resemble 2001 set 4 ur eye ?
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by nerodenero: 7:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Coach Garba Manu has confirmed the availability of Golden Eaglets’ vice captain for the Fifa U17 World Cup clash against El Tri on Friday

Isaac Success has been certified fit for Friday’s U-17 World Cup final against Mexico. The team's top striker in the lead to the World Cup is back to full fitness after getting injured in the second game of the championship.

The Golden Eaglets striker has missed four games in this competition after suffering a hamstring injury in Nigeria’s 3-3 draw against the Blagult of Sweden in the group stages in which he scored a goal. He also scored a goal in the 6-1 demolition of Mexico in their opening game.

Head Coach of the high flying Eaglets however insisted that the BJ Foundation Academy forward who was top scorer at the African Junior Championship in Morocco earlier this year will be starting from the bench in the crunch cracker against the defending world champions.

In his absence, Taiwo Awoniyi has impressed in the Nigeria U17 attack scoring a total number of four goals with five assists.

Isaac Success has two goals to his credit in the competition after finding the back of the net against Mexico and Sweden.
Source: Goal.com
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by nerodenero: 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
safarigirl: which yeye history? We played a 3-3 draw with Sweden in group stage and won em 3-0 in a RE-MATCH. We have already used history to cook proper Egusi. Tomorrow, history wil have it that Nigeria is the first team to have won U-17 4 times. History will have it that Nigeria has scored the most goals in an U-17 tournament. History will have it, that Mexico suffered the worst loss in an U-17 final game. Men make history my brother.
Histories and records are meant to be made and broken.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
What concerns fuckin history with dis ??.Mr historian even in those two "histories",nigeria drew 1-1 in d 1st match of canada 89.In d 1st match of trinidad 2001 nigeria won france only by a goal difference.France were even d better side in dat match,Nigeria was even lucky to win dat match by just a goal difference.Which means in d 1st matches of those two tournaments d game was close(50-50) and nigeria didnt outclass d two opponents.
How can that be compared to a 6-1 white wash ??.We outclassed mexico hands-down in d 1st match of dis tournament,unlike d 1st match of trinidad 2001 were nigeria was even lucky to win france only by a goal difference or d 1st match of 89 were we played a stalemate.
The differences are clear and u cant compare those 2 tournaments with this.
Re: Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 by safarigirl(f): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
So na when tournament don end and Awoniyi don shine finish na im this winch injury leave Isaac Success. I almost feel bad for the guy, finally he got the chance to shine on the biggest stage possible and an injury had to steal that. I hope he's allowed to start tomorrow and makes his impact. He can play 1st half and Awoniyi 2nd half since Awoniyi and Iheanacho have struck up the same magic Success had with Iheanacho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Atletico Madrid In Uyo - 2 - 3 (Full-Time) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 4 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.