Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,090 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:43 AM

Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues (11275 Views)

I Need This Bluetooth Obdii Scanner / Please Wise Guys I Need Info On OBDII Scanners / More Facts About Obdii Scanning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Lilimax(f): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2013
Are you guys speaking English or what?
I have no idea of what is going on here sad
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2013
Gosh! I don't know how I got in here I'm lost! P0445, P0446... abeg, are those postal codes or something? undecided
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2013
koastar: Gosh! I don't know how I got in here I'm lost! P0445, P0446... abeg, are those postal codes or something? undecided

Nah! These codes aren't postal codes they are error codes which reveals a specified problem or fault in your car when an OBD I or an OBD II (On Board Diagnosis) device is used to scan the car. The reason why its adviceable to scan your car 1st is to detect that specific problem or fault and the parts that are faulty before you fix anything this help eliminate guess work, makes repair easy and straight forward, also some obd devices can clear any pseudo error code or residual code which remains after you have fixed the problematic part correctly.
Comprende?
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2013
Lilimax: Are you guys speaking English or what?
I have no idea of what is going on here sad
We are speaking technical terminologies. smiley
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by viperman: 10:36am On Nov 26, 2013
Lomomike [/b]and [b]Sultaan....always on point smiley
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 26, 2013
lomomike:

Nah! These codes aren't postal codes they are error codes which reveals a specified problem or fault in your car when an OBD I or an OBD II (On Board Diagnosis) device is used to scan the car. The reason why its adviceable to scan your car 1st is to detect that specific problem or fault and the parts that are faulty before you fix anything this help eliminate guess work, makes repair easy and straight forward, also some obd devices can clear any pseudo error code or residual code which remains after you have fixed the problematic part correctly.
Comprende?
Hmm...thanks for that. I'm not into car techincally, I just drive and get my mechanic to fix any ish it might be giving cheesy

1 Like

Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
koastar:
Hmm...thanks for that. I'm not into car techincally, I just drive and get my mechanic to fix any ish it might be giving cheesy

E be like say that clown mechanic never use ur eyes see shege cheesy
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
lomomike:

E be like say that clown mechanic never use ur eyes see shege cheesy
Lai lai!!! I dey always shine my eyes biko cheesy Most times, I go behind him to ask for the prices of any parts I need to change while I ask for his quotations. If the prices are different I let him know outrightly. He knows me for that cheesy
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by pricelessmr: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
sultaan: I posted my original reply last night it thinking straight still right but I think I have the solution be a use I had similar problem once.

Misfire means you need to change all spark plug with new motorcraft plugs(you need to anyway as part of maintenance) and make sure no one crossed the coil wires if you don't fix it you will need a new catalytic converter.

O2 sensor codes probably caused by stripped wire. Solution will be to check the fuse box usually the one in engine bay for a fuse labelled O2 heater.If it's burnt replacing might fix it you will have to make sure you find the problem usually bottom O2 sensor wire is damaged locate and try talk g off

Good job Sultaan . Well done bro!
Please, I have an automatic VR6 VW Sharan, the Mechanics around seem to do guess work and unfortunately, I'm having the auto gearbox changed with no success. I really want to have my own Scanner... which one do you recommend for VW Sharan 1996 model?

I have heard of VAGCOM but don't know how to get it.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by wellheads(m): 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
Quite educative .
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
Peacefullife: Thanks everyone especially @ sultaan and Erico. You have been helpful from inception. The check engine light is still on although the codes have reduced in number. Will post the remaining codes tomorrow.

@spcoded: thanks so much. I usually fill my tank to the brim every two or three days. Just my own style. So probably I could have damaged the EVAP system as you suggested. Can it be removed and cleaned? What is the way forward?

Apologies for the delays in posting the current status.

The codes have reduced significantly. It is remaining P0443 and sensors 1and 2 of bank 2. Now I learnt from the mechanics that the indomie of the front part of the exhaust entering the engine has been removed because it got burnt and is blocking the exit of air from the engine.
My question therefore is that can the removal of indomie trigger the check engine light and these bank sensors issue? Also how do we handle the evap system issue?

Thanks gurus as you respond.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by sultaan(m): 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
On Nov 25 I said just change the spark plug and replace O2 sensor, I also said you can try to tape them or splice if you want to go cheap.

I meant you might need a converter if you don't fix the misfire unfortunately I didn't explain before mechanics started to destroy your car.

Here is how it work,

Code P0304, P0305 mean cylinder 4&5 are not working right, injector sprays petrol in both cylinders but it won't burn because spark plug not firing so petrol get washed into engine oil which makes dipstick/engineoil smell like petrol then some vapors end up in exhaust valve to catalytic converter whose job is actually to fix your no2.When your catalytic converter is burning petrol that is when you see it glow red hot and the petrol turns to carbon that clogs the cat if you continue driving with a misfire there are videos on YouTube on how it can be cleaned, but your mechanic went to gut it out without knowing its part of the emission system.

On P0443 lets do this the easy way first, clear the codes, look at your gas cap make sure it looks good then tighten with 3 clicks.

If it comes back read this, I have changed one in my ford, part was $33
http://www.justanswer.com/ford/58qpz-ford-taurus-gl-best-solution-remedy-p0443.html

I don't know how much yours will cost, I will check to see which other car use the same part maybe you can find one used or try to clean that one out incase its clogged, vacuum leak or wire disconnected.

It should have minimal effect on your car, just one of those things they use to make sure petrol fumes get recycled instead of polluting air.

Everything I said could be wrong so you need to read up, google is your friend. grin
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 9:30am On Dec 01, 2013
@Sultaan: I don't know how many thanks to tell you. You deserve millions.

I probably should try to change the converter then.

But I hope petrol in the engine oil will not knock the engine or do other terrible things to the motor. I currently use 5w40 (total quartz 9000) oil. Does it need to be changed?

Thanks.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by leorayvon2k2: 6:32am On Nov 21, 2014
pls how much can I use to scan a car
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by benefitzte: 7:56am On Nov 21, 2014
leorayvon2k2:
If you were in Ibadan I would ve helped you out.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by erico2k2(m): 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
leorayvon2k2:
Try and buy a scanner, they cost as low as 2K these days, get one.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by DRIZ: 4:53am On Nov 29, 2014
erico2k2:

Try and buy a scanner, they cost as low as 2K these days, get one.

Sir, where can u recommend I buy a scanner in Lagos for 2001 Volkswagen Sharan. Thank you.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by erico2k2(m): 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
DRIZ:

Sir, where can u recommend I buy a scanner in Lagos for 2001 Volkswagen Sharan. Thank you.
Sorry brov, I don't live in lagos but Im sure there are guys on her who sell. or better still buy at amazon.com and get it shipped to you.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by zzeekkee: 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hi, I just saw this thread and I hope I can get some help.
I just scanned my Volvo XC90 and got these error codes
U0073
P0504
P0571
P0863
P0420
Please helpppppppp

(1) (2) (Reply)

End Of An Era? Volkswagen To Stop Production Of Beetle Cars / How To Confirm The Genuineness Of Your Tinted Glass Permit And How To Get One / Why We Need To Change Motor (Engine) Oil Regularly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.