Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years (13728 Views)

How To Determine The Age Of A Car Tire (Photos) / How Much Do You Spend On Your Car Monthly On The Average? / What Is The Average Life Span Of A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by eluquenson(m): 8:16am On Nov 06, 2013
Did you know the average lifetime of a tire was 4 years? Every 6months, a wheel alignment is recommended. At 9 months, rotate your tires by swapping the front tires to the back.

To avoid any drama on the road, get into the habit of doing the "morning parade" around your vehicle and inspect your tires.

NOTE: The best way to dispose of a tire is to cut it into pieces and destroy it if you can.

Source: The Nigerian Gazette

6 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by ceysaga: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2013
Informative. Not everyone knows that a car deserves attention just like humans do. They regular checkup to remain at optimum condition. I learnt that when I got my car. The better I treated it, the better it perfoms and never disappoints me

3 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Lovetinz(m): 10:24am On Nov 06, 2013
Cut the the tire up with what?
(tires are not cut-friendly, especially with nylon and steel liners inside them)

Destroy the pieces of cut-up tire, how?

4 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by mcdokwe(m): 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
who get ear make him hear. I think they need to know that the lifespan is the same thing as the expiry date. In other words, that brand new tire you just got might be dead already..

1 Like

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by alons: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
if it like let it stay only one month provided that is not human life#
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ok is it for Tokunboh tires as well.
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
eluquenson: Did you know the average lifetime of a tire was 4 years? Every 6months, a wheel alignment is recommended. At 9 months, rotate your tires by swapping the front tires to the back.

To avoid any drama on the road, get into the habit of doing the "morning parade" around your vehicle and inspect your tires.

NOTE: The best way to dispose of a tire is to cut it into pieces and destroy it.

FOR NAIJA ROAD?

IMPOSSICANT!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Jayses(m): 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
How many of you where privilege to role this type of tyre as kids @ be sincere ooo besides back then I could use it for 10yrs bt it's imporsicant cos I'm a man nw LOL

3 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by suzzyy(f): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
For Naija road it should be 5months and they will still use it for like ten years
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by DAWITLAD: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Good to know
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by uzeba(m): 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
naija road whereby u cant douge pothole, but u choose the one to enter...

4 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Dhurmynick(m): 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
cool fact
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by RockMaxi: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Please how does one calculate the year of a tyre?
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by devigblegble: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Pls nl I need help, I have a Audi A6 2005 model, my wheel is locked and the gear won't move, I've tried all I could do to unlock the wheel, called some mechanics they couldn't make it move too, I need ur help on what to do

Note op I'm sorry for the interruption I'm just pissed off now

1 Like

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Wetin concern me?

I on car. Omo na road I dey be dat. Life 2 short
.. angry angry
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by mamaafrik(m): 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
Op....,haba,dat must be somewhere outside my contwi,4yrs.....fatai ngbo sootoni?

2 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
Do you know that some of the tyres especially second hand ones are usually rethreaded and sold as new ones. Please be careful while buying one and be sure this has not been the case. This is neatly done that it takes a second eye to notice it. NAIJA can do anything for money.

2 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Jayses(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
devigblegble: Pls nl I need help, I have a Audi A6 2005 model, my wheel is locked and the gear won't move, I've tried all I could do to unlock the wheel, called some mechanics they couldn't make it move too, I need ur help on what to do

I think ur vehicle has entered limp mode
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by mcdokwe(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Keneking: Ok is it for Tokunboh tires as well.
tokunbo tires are not adviced, value your life, buy brand new tires
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by victorazy(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
ceysaga: Informative. Not everyone knows that a car deserves attention just like humans do. They regular checkup to remain at optimum condition. I learnt that when I got my car. The better I treated it, the better it perfoms and never disappoints me

Eehh! Car na 2 children o!
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by 4reigningqueen: 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
really! Mine don dey reach like 15 years o.

1 Like

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by garripack: 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
FRONT PAGE DON SUFFER angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by garripack: 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
devigblegble: Pls nl I need help, I have a Audi A6 2005 model, my wheel is locked and the gear won't move, I've tried all I could do to unlock the wheel, called some mechanics they couldn't make it move too, I need ur help on what to do

CALL CUSTOMER CARE ON 080AUDIA62005 grin grin grin grin
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by 9jahubcom(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
nice info
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by anytexy: 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
how do I know the expiring date and how do I destroy it. Op Answer please!
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Jobabori(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
mcdokwe: tokunbo tires are not adviced, value your life, buy brand new tires
Some grade "A" tokunbo tires are better than China made new tyres.

3 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bro, this is not applicable on Nigeria roads.
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by alhajiwada(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
On any tyre there is a set of four digits eg 3412 what this means is that the tyre was manufactured in the 34th week of 2012. This is a universal way to check a tyre's age. In any case please DO NOT BUY ANY TYRE THAT EXCEEDS 4 YEARS FROM YEARS OF MANUFACTURE!! Even if it's brand new and unused. Such tyres have passed their shelf life.

7 Likes

Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by Jobabori(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
How do we detect the date a tyre is manufacture or are you talking of from the date of purchase?
Re: The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years by KA24DETT(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
eluquenson: Did you know the average lifetime of a tire was 4 years? Every 6months, a wheel alignment is recommended. At 9 months, rotate your tires by swapping the front tires to the back.

NOTE: The best way to dispose of a tire is to cut it into pieces and destroy it.

Stop posting wrong information. Is this information based on manufacturer date or based on when u bought it.
In US and canada. All tires are required DOT number which shows the week and year of manufacture e.g ( 35-12). It is advisable not to buy or use tires that are more than 6 years from the date of manufacture. This increases the risk of tire failure and disintegration.
About alignment , Where did you pull the 6 months crap from? .
There is no way you can cut a steel belted tire into pieces. Here in canada, no one cuts their tires. You dispose of it properly. Try cutting a run flat tire.
How did this make front page? The mods should do a better job and stop spreading misinformation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatal Accident On Lagos-ore Road Leaves Many Dead (graphic Pics) / 12 Reasons To Do A Car VIN Check Before You Buy That Car / Have Kids Ever Written Crazy Stuffs On Your Car ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.