Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ (10142 Views)

Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport / Ekiti/osun Airport Not Necessary, Ibadan/akure Airport Already Passenger Starved / Osun Airport: Gateway To The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by geeez: 10:15am On Nov 06, 2013
Aeronautical Engineering and Technical Services, the company handling the construction of MKO International Airport, Ido Osun, in Osun State, has said that the airport will have the longest runway in the country by the time it is completed.

The Project Supervisor of the company, Mr. Abubakar Abuyaro, said this while conducting Governor Rauf Aregbesola round the airport on Tuesday.

He stated that the airport was being built to accommodate Boeing 737 series and other big aircraft.

While assuring the governor that the airport would be ready in May 2014, Abuyaro said the runway would be 3.5 kilometres long.

With 3.5 kilometres runway, the airport under construction beats the Murtala Muhammed International Airport and the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja in terms of the length of the runway.

According to Abuyaro, the length of the runway of an airport determines the aircraft the airport can accommodate.

Abuyaro said, “50 per cent of the earthwork on the runway, which is the most important part of the job, has been achieved. Rainy season is gradually coming to an end.

“As soon as rainfall subsides, work will definitely go at a high speed in the airport, which after completion, is going to be one of the best airports in the country.”

Aregbesola commended the company for its diligence to work and urge the workers not to fail.

The governor had earlier visited the East By-pass Road where he inspected one of the major bridges still under construction in an effort to ensure that contractors handling various projects in the state carry out quality jobs and complete the projects at the stipulated time.

The project being handled by a Turkish company, Slava Yeditepe, is to complete the circle of rings around the state capital and ensure no traffic bottlenecks are created as the state capital witnesses rapid developments.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by geeez: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by geeez: 10:41am On Nov 06, 2013
See beef

The last time I checked (for 2012), Osun had a higher GDP than any state in the SE

The state also has a higher IGR than any state in the SE

Need I say more about where more economic activities lie?

You can develop a HBP on your low GDP but even if you choose to, figures don't lie and mind you, this is an independent computation from an international organization

16 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Peinstein: 10:47am On Nov 06, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: I guess the airport will be used as a venue for 'owambe parties' grin beçause with the level of poverty in that shithol.e, i wonder who would be able to pay for flight tickets, when bus fare is just #1500 to get to Lagos(their one and only destination). gringrin. This one na blue pig project!

Bro, it is not hard to be intelligent these days, afterall the standards have been lowered, all you just had to do to make an intelligent contribution was to read and not bother making a comment. You would have added to the number of those who viewed this thread, but no one would have known your intellectual challenges

Good one. I wouldn't have expected Osun state to construct an airport, I thought a train system would have been better. But who says the state can't achieve both. I like the governor, though radical but with great benefits

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by passion007: 10:49am On Nov 06, 2013
Aregbesola and his Culture of misplaced priorities.
The Airports in Akure and Ibadan are barely functional, so what's going to change this time?
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results = INSANITY.

8 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Nnewi1stSon: 10:59am On Nov 06, 2013
passion007: Aregbesola and his Culture of misplaced priorities.
The Airports in Akure and Ibadan are barely functional, so what's going to change this time?
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results = INSANITY.
Bro u dey mind them? It's just another avenue for him to pay his Tithe to Tinubu grin. And who ws talking about IGR? IGR my diq, does it reflect on the lives of the common massess there who do nothing than molest their relations?

5 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by demelza: 11:13am On Nov 06, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Bro u dey mind them? It's just another avenue for him to pay his Tithe to Tinubu grin. And who ws talking about IGR? IGR my diq, does it reflect on the lives of the common massess there who do nothing than molest their relations?
Your jealousy go kill you one day.
Why the obsession with a project that does not concern you? Even if its a white elephant project, the people arent complaining.
You are just here yapping because none of your governors has the sense to develop your region.
Worry more about the erosion threatening your lands and leave Osun alone.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by talktimi(m): 11:31am On Nov 06, 2013
Let me play the devils advocate here. Longest runway is nice but what happens to the Ibadan, Akure & Ilorin airports which are in such close proximity but grossly under utilized ?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by FreeGlobe(f): 11:38am On Nov 06, 2013
Longest runway in Nigeria with smallest air passengers in the world. I look forward to play soccer in the runway with my yoruba friends if paradventure I visit the state of osun.

8 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Ayekotoo(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2013
FreeGlobe: Longest runway in Nigeria with smallest air passengers in the world. I look forward to play soccer in the runway with my yoruba friends if paradventure I visit the state of osun.
am not surprised, since it came from someone across the Niger

4 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Ayekotoo(m): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2013
talktimi: Let me play the devils advocate here. Longest runway is nice but what happens to the Ibadan, Akure & Ilorin airports which are in such close proximity but grossly under utilized ?
why don't you ask Google?
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Ayekotoo(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2013
demelza: Your jealousy go kill you one day.
Why the obsession with a project that does not concern you? Even if its a white elephant project, the people arent complaining.
You are just here yapping because none of your governors has the sense to develop your region.
it's in their DNA. There is no remedy or therapy for the envy, jealousy and obsession. when you see them, ignore them
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by naiwalam: 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
will the runway be connected to the newly built railway? grin grin grin grin grin

i am a changed man now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: I guess the airport will be used as a venue for 'owambe parties' grin beçause with the level of poverty in that shithol.e, i wonder who would be able to pay for flight tickets, when bus fare is just #1500 to get to Lagos(their one and only destination). gringrin. This one na blue pig project!
if only u weren't a product of the east, who by default are intellectually low, u wld av undstud dt:

1. Even if there is poverty there, the airport will boost economic activities to a considerable level.

2. There is no where in the world where bus fare is higher than the air ticket. So, ur point abt the bus ticket is off point!

3. Lastly, lagos being there only destination is better than an erosion ravaged overhyped country side with high rate of criminal activities!
What sane human lives there anyway?

12 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
Tell us about the borehole your governor built
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by FreeGlobe(f): 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
SLIDE waxie: if only u weren't a product of the east, who by default are intellectually low, u wld av undstud dt:

1. Even if there is poverty there, the airport will boost economic activities to a considerable level.

2. There is no where in the world where bus fare is higher than the air ticket. So, ur point abt the bus ticket is off point!

3. Lastly, lagos being there only destination is better than an erosion ravaged overhyped country side with high rate of criminal activities!
What sane human lives there anyway?
how will a mere presence of airport boost economic activities to a considerable level in a particular location where there are no passengers to make use of the port? see how dumb you are!

15 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by mayorall(m): 12:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
It will surprise you all how the airport will help in the development of the state of Osun.

The airport is not only for passengers but also for CARGO. Instead of Osun indigens to be goingt to lagos to buy goods in Bulk, the goods will be transported directly to Osun. Oyo and Ekiti is also gonna benefit.
My goods that stays 48hours with DHL after custom clearance will be over as the goods will be transported directly by air instead of bringing it by bus to Ibadan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by nedu666: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
every gov is building an airport, just like they were bulding new govt house, of what use is all these airports, imo has one, abia is building one, ngige wants to build one, there is one in enugu, ilorin has one, akure has one, ibadan has one, akwaibom, ph, delta, crossriver, edo all have airport, slyvia even wanted to build one in bayelsa up north kano, kaduna, yola, niger, yobe, kastina, sokoto, jos, benue goddam who the hell is making use of all these airports, which airline will drop a plane in this airports.
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by bloggernaija: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
The virtuous wave lift all boat.
While I am of the school that that airport is unnecessary at this time,
I BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNOR MEANS WELL.
IF HE CONTINUES AT THIS RATE ,DEVELOPMENT WILL EVENTUALLY CATCH UP WITH THE STATE MAKING IT AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY.
THE WORLDWIDE GARMENT INDUSTRY IS ONE THE GOVERNOR MAY WANT TO CONCENTRATE ON.
HE HAS ALREADY LIT THE TORCH WITH THE SCHOOL UNIFORM THING WITHOUT REALISING IT.
THAT ALONE IS WORTH HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS .
SIMPLY TAKING A SMALL BITE OUT OF THAT CAN EASILY MAKE THAT AIRPORT THE BUSIEST CARGO AIRPORT IN NIGERIA .
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by naiwalam: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
the new way to travel by "air" is to board a locomotive train from ikeja to akure then highlight at the new airport runway with your "luggage" grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by solomon111(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
The longest runway in Nigeria is currently in akwa-ibom and i don't see any state beating that for now.
Atleast not a state as poor as osun.
A state governed by an empty vessel.

1 Like

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by adino(m): 2:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
geeez:

See beef

The last time I checked (for 2012), Osun had a higher GDP than any state in the SE

The state also has a higher IGR than any state in the SE

Need I say more about where more economic activities lie?

You can develop a HBP on your low GDP but even if you choose to, figures don't lie and mind you, this is an independent computation from an international organization

Gdp and Igr developed through the anus. I laff in G.D.P
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by IB5(f): 2:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
solomon111: The longest runway in Nigeria is currently in akwa-ibom and i don't see any state beating that for now.
Atleast not a state as poor as osun.
A state governed by an empty vessel.

What makes the governor an empty vessle?
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by adino(m): 2:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
The rascal is comparing the length of runway with the lenght of running mouth.
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by talktimi(m): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Lets get one thing straight, building an airport isnt bad what i usually have a problem with is their proximity to each other eg the proposed int airport for Bayelsa state which is just a few minutes drive from the Ph international in Omagwa Rivers state. It just doesnt make sense at all, what i believe these governors should do is to fight/lobby for railway concessions that can be under the purview of the states through regional integration like the D.A.W.N in the SW. The states should be encouraged to build integrated high speed rail networks even if its regionally at first and especially through private sector initiatives. The railway is such a broad sector to be left to the fg alone. This will also but down drastically the price of goods haulage even by far lower than air fares.

1 Like

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by basilo101: 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
demelza: Your jealousy go kill you one day.
hehehe, u sound lyk pesn wey wan cry
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by basilo101: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
FreeGlobe: Longest runway in Nigeria with smallest air passengers in the world. I look forward to play soccer in the runway with my yoruba friends if paradventure I visit the state of osun.
hahahaha, u bad
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by basilo101: 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
Wats d traffic level in akure and ibadan airports. #jst asking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Commissions Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDA Secretariat / Gov. Ugwuanyi Inspects Multiple Ongoing Projects In Enugu / Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.