Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? (37135 Views)

How Is Divorce Obtained Under Islamic Law / Save My Marriage Today - Is Divorce Your Way Out? / Is Divorce The Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sunglow: 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mujah1deen: do you have a problem with me ?
Did someone say something

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 4:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Whatever
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by troy20(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sunglow: sad
where you held hostage somewhere all these while lol? Abi you just take skunk
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
just watching ....

Guys please dont forget to nominate an orphanage for the annual TEHN charity flight

Check my siggie for the thread
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by mrsoh: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mujah1deen: when and where did he emphasize such? Are you talking about the same Jesus that we all know?
Besides you seem very ignorant, Jesus is recognized in Islam but as a prophet so woman I know a lot about him.

trust me u knw nothing about Jesus Christ since he is recognized as a prophet not as d Son of God. If u do not knw let me have d honor of telling u DT husbands wre asked to love their wives as he loved the church,d same time women were told to b submissive to their own husbands. But I guess u only saw d latter n not d former cos it appeals to a chavinistic prick who wld love to dominate his wife in d name of submission.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
mrs oh:

trust me u knw nothing about Jesus Christ since he is recognized as a prophet not as d Son of God. If u do not knw let me have d honor of telling u DT husbands wre asked to love their wives as he loved the church,d same time women were told to b submissive to their own husbands. But I guess u only saw d latter n not d former cos it appeals to a chavinistic prick who wld love to dominate his wife in d name of submission.
your submission is not conditioned by his love, go and read your bible properly. If a man doesn't love his wife it is his own wahala, if a woman doesn't submit to her husband it is her own sin .this has nothing to do with chauvinism, stop twisting your "holy" book for your own selfish interests.
Submit. period
If you think your husband doesn't love you enough, pray for him ,but don't come here and say I won't b submissive because my husband doesn't love me (something you can't even prove)

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sunglow: 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mujah1deen: your submission is not conditioned by his love, go and read your bible properly. If a man doesn't love his wife it is his own wahala, if a woman doesn't submit to her husband it is her own sin .this has nothing to do with chauvinism, stop twisting your "holy" book for your own selfish interests.
Submit. period
If you think your husband doesn't love you enough, pray for him ,but don't come here and say I won't b submissive because my husband doesn't love me (something you can't even prove)
See this one o! Mr perfect husband.Go and sit down joor it is the likes of you that cant marry a full grown woman that's why you opt for teen girls so as to lord your chauvinist male rotten ego over them all in the name of submission.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
^ please stop quoting me, I'm done with you, you have nothing meaningful to say . Respect yourself and stop making of mockery of yourself
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by mrsoh: 11:23am On Nov 13, 2013
Mujah1deen: your submission is not conditioned by his love, go and read your bible properly. If a man doesn't love his wife it is his own wahala, if a woman doesn't submit to her husband it is her own sin .this has nothing to do with chauvinism, stop twisting your "holy" book for your own selfish interests.
Submit. period

wot is ds buffoon saying? who is twisting holy book here? I neva sed I wont submit cos my hubby supposedly dznt love me. I am only stating d obvious DT men n women are both given instruction for d marital life ahead,n if d man dznt do his part he shld expct anything frm d person omam,d way u think she shld xpct beating if she refuses to sunmit,wot is good for d goose is also good for d gander only a foolish selfish person wld xpct to mistreat smone n get royal treatment in return, anyway stop trying to change d subject.
if a man truly loves his wife as Christ loved d church,he wldnt hit her n not evm to d point of death or did u ever hear DT Christ slapped any of his disciples? one of DM betrayed him,he shld have pounded him new cos he is Christ n his disciples rent allowed to misbehabe arnd him. is DT he to get d respect one thinks he deserves?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2013
mrs oh:

wot is ds buffoon saying?

You can pass across your views and opinion without using abusive words. Please be civil so you don't get banned. Thanks
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ooh so I'm right. grin grin
Submit to your husband .period
If he loves you , he's pleasing Allah , if he doesn't Allah will deal with him when the time comes, it doesn't concern you, just be submissive so that Allah doesn't get angry with you .
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Follow your instructions. That's all
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by chineloSA(f): 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mujah1deen: Ooh so I'm right. grin grin
Submit to your husband .period
If he loves you , he's pleasing Allah , if he doesn't Allah will deal with him when the time comes, it doesn't concern you, just be submissive so that Allah doesn't get angry with you .

I cant let myself be the experiment of whether Allah is there or not. Hell noo cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Polio: 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
Terrible!
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Very
Polio: Terrible!
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
chineloSA:

I cant let myself be the experiment of whether Allah is there or not. Hell noo cheesy cheesy
he's there are you already agnostic? Or Atheist?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by mrsoh: 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Royal Roy:

You can pass across your views and opinion without using abusive words. Please be civil so you don't get banned. Thanks

sorry abt that. I apologise.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
I'm the one you should apologize to
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Polio: 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Very

Is it an option for you?!
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by mrsoh: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mujah1deen: I'm the one you should apologize to

yes I know,but I have decided not to apologise to u lemme see if u will beat to get d by force apology.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
If my life is at stake
Yes it's the only option.
Polio:

Is it an option for you?!
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Sunglow: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mujah1deen: ^ please stop quoting me, I'm done with you, you have nothing meaningful to say . Respect yourself and stop making of mockery of yourself
And what if I quote you,what will you do? kiss undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by onegig(m): 8:00am On Nov 14, 2013
Aggrippa:
you women made the men to be WILD BEASTS. you are the ones who also gave birth to them and also encourage them in their SAVAGE BEHAVIOURS, you are the ones only who also MALTREAT your HOUSEHELPS using all manner torture instruments to TORTURE in the presence of your own children. you are the ones who PROPAGATE VIOLENCE! it is a VICIOUS CIRCLE. unfortunately it is these BEASTS that are always with wealth or DOUGH the reason why most of you end up in the WILD BEASTS ARMS!
Very faulty line of thinking. What about ones that never had house helps and never did maltreat their house helps in front of their sons and the son grew up to be a culprit? You just had to shift the blame and look for someone to blame for a bad behavior. And how is it that ladies propagate violence?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Polio: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2013
lorretta u: If my life is at stake
Yes it's the only option.

Fair enough. smiley
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by troy20(m): 9:56am On Nov 14, 2013
Sunglow: And what if I quote you,what will you do? kiss undecided undecided undecided
very amusing.you realy have it bad for him.have you met him before?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2013
mrs oh:

yes I know,but I have decided not to apologise to u lemme see if u will beat to get d by force apology.
so you don't regret using harsh words?

Anyway why do you sound so angry and bitter? Why are you on the defensive? Does your bf beat you ? Well I'm not that type of man okay? I don't use violence , I despise violence esp with women, so don't worry you can keep your apologies nothing will happen to you .happy?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 14, 2013
That's the basis of this thread in the first place

Run if the marriage is gonna cost you your life
Anything else can be settled
But life?
Aint double.
Polio:

Fair enough. smiley
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 12:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
[author=lorretta u]That's the basis of this thread in the first place

Run if the marriage is gonna cost you your life
Anything else can be settled
But life?
Aint double.[/quote] even if he only slaps you ?
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
How do you know what can cost your life? Loretta divorce is forbidden, you must obey to your God.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Mujah1deen
I'm done with you
Thanks
smiley
Mujah1deen: How do you know what can cost your life? Loretta divorce is forbidden, you must obey to your God.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by Mujah1deen: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
lorretta u: Mujah1deen
I'm done with you
Thanks
smiley
Na wa oo I asked a simple question na? Okay oo ,no wahala.
Re: Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? by pickabeau1: 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
actually im interested in this debate

Say your intended who you know is a gentle guy etc bla bla bla slaps you once , what will you do

lorretta u: Mujah1deen
I'm done with you
Thanks
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ / . / Nonuplets: 27-year-old Halima Cisse Returns To Mali (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.