Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? (9403 Views)

Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? / Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 11:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
E no open.

But lemme assume u xtians are saying the truth. Is this important to prove Yahweh is God of everything in the universe?

Let's make this thing interesting and stop using dead English men to distort our progress.

I still haven't accepted sha, I didn't see anything
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
macof: E no open.

But lemme assume u xtians are saying the truth. Is this important to prove Yahweh is God of everything in the universe?

Let's make this thing interesting and stop using dead English men to distort our progress.

I still haven't accepted sha, I didn't see anything

I opened the two links and this is what I got.

From the bishop bible.....shake appears at the count of 46 while speare appears at the count of 48.

From the Great bible.....shake appears at the count of 41 while speare appears at the count of 46

From the Kjv.....shake appears at the count of 46 while spear appears at the count of 46. This is what I said. We are dealing about placement and not if the word appear in another version. Nobody is querying about mistranslation but the position and placement with the birthday of shakespear. Why is it 46 all through but others misplaced it or change it spelling? That was all I said.

From other translations, we have quake instead of shake. Now who is dishonest with his claims and who is picking straws?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 12:04am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

From the bishop bible.....shake appears at the count of 46 while speare appears at the count of 48.

From the Great bible.....shake appears at the count of 41 while speare appears at the count of 46

From the Kjv.....shake appears at the count of 46 while spear appears at the count of 46. This is what I said. We are dealing about placement and not if the word appear in another version. Nobody is querying about mistranslation but the position and placement with the birthday of shakespear. Why is it 46 all through but others misplaced it or change it spelling? That was all I said.

From other translations, we have quake instead of shake. Now who is dishonest with his claims and who is picking straws?

Here's another one I found:

Finally, numbers like these 46s, and coincidences of this kind, are a dime a dozen. A person can pull numerical shenanigans all day long. My wife’s name is Bethany, and at this writing, she is 26 years old. In the New King James Version in the twenty-sixth chapter of Matthew in verse 6, the name Bethany appears. It happens to be the sixth word from the beginning of the verse, which is the exact age my wife would have been for the majority of the year 1982, which was the year the New King James Version hit the market. That must mean that she helped translate that particular section of scripture. Or maybe it just means that numbers can be made to say just about anything.

Do you realize what you sound like? A whole bunch of bibles have "shake" at 46 from top. Your claim would make more sense if no bibles before KJV had 46 from the top. I mean come on man, now we're just debating ifs and maybes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 12:43am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Conspiracy of KJ on my mind cool

You know That guy either doesn't know how to translate or He is a crook

"Lucifer" Isaiah 14:12 another debatable matter
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 1:04am On Nov 16, 2013
macof:

So this is what the conversation gas devolved into? Conspiracy. Yes, the KJV has that coincidence but please tell me you guys don't actually believe this. In Coverdale's Bible of 1535, "shake" (word actually used is raged) is 46 from top and "speare" is 47 from bottom. These words were in close proximity to 46 in a score of bibles before KJV.

Rather than just admit that you failed in your attempt to undermine the translation of scripture, you guys are reaching for the air.

Shame.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

Here's another one I found:

Finally, numbers like these 46s, and coincidences of this kind, are a dime a dozen. A person can pull numerical shenanigans all day long. My wife’s name is Bethany, and at this writing, she is 26 years old. In the New King James Version in the twenty-sixth chapter of Matthew in verse 6, the name Bethany appears. It happens to be the sixth word from the beginning of the verse, which is the exact age my wife would have been for the majority of the year 1982, which was the year the New King James Version hit the market. That must mean that she helped translate that particular section of scripture. Or maybe it just means that numbers can be made to say just about anything.

Do you realize what you sound like? A whole bunch of bibles have "shake" at 46 from top. Your claim would make more sense if no bibles before KJV had 46 from the top. I mean come on man, now we're just debating ifs and maybes.

Plagiarising is a great criminal offense (stealing, fraudining, illegal copying and copyright infringement) and display of dishonesty and insincerity. The bold is from this site http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=13&article=925 why are you lying and stealing around to make a point?

What I wrote which you want to refute was completely lost shot. My position is that in kjv, shakespear appear in psalm 46 counting from first verse 46 words produce shake while counting from the last verse 46 words produce spear. This only appears in Kjv bible while other versions misplace the words or change the words into another thing.

From the bible you gave, nobody mention if it appears there or not but the point is that kjv rearrange it words perfectly for a purpose and full intention. Coming here with cheap straws with a plagiarized work is makes you not trustworthy person.

From the Kjv.....shake appears at the count of 46 while spear appears at the count of 46.

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:36am On Nov 16, 2013
macof:

Nativeboy is a dishonest person who looks out for cheap draws. He didn't take his time to do the counting and relate it with my points. He just shoot missing the real target. Even meliyn his puppet who got nothing to offer was praising him without checking out what is what. Those bros missed target.

Kjv placed those words there for a purpose. Why is it that it only appears in kjv well arranged but other translations disorganise it. Why do some translations change the word? The guy went copying trash from another apologetic sites to clean is asz.

Christianity is a religion of lies. See them displaying it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

So this is what the conversation gas devolved into? Conspiracy. Yes, the KJV has that coincidence but please tell me you guys don't actually believe this. In Coverdale's Bible of 1535, "shake" (word actually used is raged) is 46 from top and "speare" is 47 from bottom. These words were in close proximity to 46 in a score of bibles before KJV.

Rather than just admit that you failed in your attempt to undermine the translation of scripture, you guys are reaching for the air.

Shame.

Guy I care not about shake...unless it's milkshake
Ur Lord KJ messed up

So let's move on
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

Shame.

You are so much embarrassing. Is shake same thing as raged? Did I mention 46 and 47 counts? Where did I say I believe....i know what is in it... Why did kjv arrange and place everything in 46 and 46?

Only if you know that a single figure can redirect a project and end it useless then you should know 46 and 47 is a different thang as that 1 do not make it exact. Show us another bible version with exact 46 and 46 counts. Go through your sites and plagiarize them. We know that is what you do.

It you that got no shame. (my point was 46 and 46 counts.....produce that in another version or you keep mute accepting some people are manipulating kjv)
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2013
macof:

Guy I care not about shake...unless it's milkshake
Ur Lord KJ messed up

So let's move on

The guy wants to inform us shakespear is now ragedspeare. And that my points should appear 46 and 46 counts should not be relevant because the 1count difference. Simple math is missing in me.

Christians lies and deceitful coverup through stealing is really embarrassing. I dont know what to call christian version of taqiyya
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Nativeboy is a dishonest person who looks out for cheap draws. He didn't take his time to do the counting and relate it with my points. He just shoot missing the real target. Even meliyn his puppet who got nothing to offer was praising him without checking out what is what. Those bros missed target.

Kjv placed those words there for a purpose. Why is it that it only appears in kjv well arranged but other translations disorganise it. Why do some translations change the word? The guy went copying trash from another apologetic sites to clean is asz.

My friend am on mobile, so its very difficult to know what is what, secondly am on mobile so typing and bringing facts from okoko-ejigbo is also difficult. Anyway, the counting point is a piece of s.hit, you just like jumping around, from spear-speare, now the counting is your problem huh? Show us proof that shakespear was 46 when the 1610 kjv was written?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 8:15am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Plagiarising is a great criminal offense (stealing, fraudining, illegal copying and copyright infringement) and display of dishonesty and insincerity. The bold is from this site http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=13&article=925 why are you lying and stealing around to make a point?

What I wrote which you want to refute was completely lost shot. My position is that in kjv, shakespear appear in psalm 46 counting from first verse 46 words produce shake while counting from the last verse 46 words produce spear. This only appears in Kjv bible while other versions misplace the words or change the words into another thing.

From the bible you gave, nobody mention if it appears there or not but the point is that kjv rearrange it words perfectly for a purpose and full intention. Coming here with cheap straws with a plagiarized work is makes you not trustworthy person.

From the Kjv.....shake appears at the count of 46 while spear appears at the count of 46.

Wow. Now you accuse me of plagiarism. I think you will find that I have been consistent in citing other people's work in by italicizing it. I even said "here is another one I FOUND". This is distasteful bro.

Just because I didn't call you on it. I saw a post you passed off as your own on another site. The nerve you have.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:17am On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: My friend am on mobile, so its very difficult to know what is what, secondly am on mobile so typing and bringing facts from okoko-ejigbo is also difficult. Anyway, the counting point is a piece of s.hit, you just like jumping around, from spear-speare, now the counting is your problem huh? Show us proof that shakespear was 46 when the 1610 kjv was written?

And you think I am on computer? I am using nokia phone. So dont tell us poo here.

I have provided the guildline. 46 and 46 counts in psalm 46 produces shakespear only in kjv. Then refute me or go to apologetic sites for deceitful clues.

Get your bible and do the count abeg
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

Wow. Now you accuse me of plagiarism. I think you will find that I have been consistent in citing other people's work in by italicizing it. I even said "here is another one I FOUND". This is distasteful bro.

Just because I didn't call you on it. I saw a post you passed off as your own on another site. The nerve you have.

bursted. Do the count and lets roll. Raged is not same as shake as shakespear is not ragedspear. Hit me when you got chance.....
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

And you think I am on computer? I am using nokia phone. So dont tell us poo here.

I have provided the guildline. 46 and 46 counts in psalm 46 produces shakespear only in kjv. Then refute me or go to apologetic sites for deceitful clues.

Get your bible and do the count abeg
Folykaze, show us proof that shakespear was 46 when the kjv was written. Forget about the counting now..
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

bursted. Do the count and lets roll. Raged is not same as shake as shakespear is not ragedspear. Hit me when you got chance.....
yea bursted grin grin, lies? Thats the only thing you know how to do, you were accusing and condemning christians who plagiarise, now you have been bursted, you wanna change the subject right? Smh.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 8:27am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The guy wants to inform us shakespear is now ragedspeare. And that my points should appear 46 and 46 counts should not be relevant because the 1count difference. Simple math is missing in me.

Christians lies and deceitful coverup through stealing is really embarrassing. I dont know what to call christian version of taqiyya

Allow me to be as clear as possible. You are stating conspiracy when even it has presented to you that some bibles have either of those words at 46 and the other word within one or two words away. How can you say it was edited when previous bibles already had either of those words at those locations? The only way you could know is if either of those two words were not in close proximity and then in the KJV the words were 46 from the top and bottom.

Just admit that you cannot use this coincidence to undermine the integrity of the translation of the KJV.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: Folykaze, show us proof that shakespear was 46 when the kjv was written. Forget about the counting now..

Good point. No one knows for certain what year Shakespeare was born. It is insinuated from the year of his christening. For FOLYKAZE to try to pass this off as fact, he will have to know for certain the year Shakespeare was born.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: Folykaze, show us proof that shakespear was 46 when the kjv was written. Forget about the counting now..

Proof coming up, but then KJ made that 46 counting purposely
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 8:34am On Nov 16, 2013
macof:

Proof coming up, but then KJ made that 46 counting purposely
You are always here to clean his dirty asss grin grin, Folykaze is a factless human being, he likes assuming things. No wonder on this thread, you have corrected him more than 50times. Folykaze is a liar, a big liar at that.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 8:36am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

In fact, before you accuse me of plagiarism, you should have been able to determine the words were not mine. First the paragraph was italicized. Second, the transition from my words to the highlighted text is highly awkward.

Btw, would you like me to point out where YOU plagiarized?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

Allow me to be as clear as possible. You are stating conspiracy when even it has presented to you that some bibles have either of those words at 46 and the other word within one or two words away. How can you say it was edited when previous bibles already had either of those words at those locations? The only way you could know is if either of those two words were not in close proximity and then in the KJV the words were 46 from the top and bottom.

Just admit that you cannot use this coincidence to undermine the integrity of the translation of the KJV.

46 and 46 counts with the exact word positioned is an evidence of edition
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

Good point. No one knows for certain what year Shakespeare was born. It is insinuated from the year of his christening. For FOLYKAZE to try to pass this off as fact, he will have to know for certain the year Shakespeare was born.

your lies is getting boring. William Shakespeare was born on April 23, 1564, in Stratford-on-Avon. http://www.poets.org/poet.php/prmPID/122
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:49am On Nov 16, 2013

Psalm 46. Pls do the counting here. Abi get your little bro to help if you cant count.

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake *46 with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of theLord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear *46 in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+46&version=KJV

Abeg is 46 and 46 counts not producing shakespear. Pls get yourself into something before barking around.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

In fact, before you accuse me of plagiarism, you should have been able to determine the words were not mine. First the paragraph was italicized. Second, the transition from my words to the highlighted text is highly awkward.

Btw, would you like me to point out where YOU plagiarized?

You said you found this as if you draw it out of your bible. Why didn't you add links?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 8:51am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

your lies is getting boring. William Shakespeare was born on April 23, 1564, in Stratford-on-Avon. http://www.poets.org/poet.php/prmPID/122

Though no birth records exist, church records indicate that a William Shakespeare was baptized at Holy Trinity Church in Stratford-upon-Avon on April 26, 1564. From this, it is believed he was born on or near April 23, 1564, and this is the date scholars acknowledge as William Shakespeare's birthday.

Please pay attention the the italics this time.

http://www.biography.com/people/william-shakespeare-9480323

Would you like me to point out where you plagiarized?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 8:52am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You said you found this as if you draw it out of your bible. Why didn't you add links?

Foolish of me to think you understood what italicizing text means
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2013
MEILYN: You are always here to clean his dirty asss grin grin, Folykaze is a factless human being, he likes assuming things. No wonder on this thread, you have correct him more than 50times. Folykaze is a liar, a big liar at that.

When I am corrected either on this thread or another, I thank macof and welcome for more because Iron sharpen Iron. I am not omniscient.

Now you have been proven that you are a puppet who bark at what you pointed to without verifying and reasoning out your points. Were you not saying you haven't check or do the counting yourself but you can praise him over something you didnt have ground for. Guy you are embarrassing.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:55am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

Foolish of me to think you understood what italicizing text means

You want to make it appear special and direct my attention toward it. You should have add link abeg. No points
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 8:56am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Psalm 46. Pls do the counting here. Abi get your little bro to help if you cant count.

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake *46 with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of theLord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear *46 in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.

http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+46&version=KJV

Abeg is 46 and 46 counts not producing shakespear. Pls get yourself into something before barking around.

You are correct that the KJV has 46 from top and bottom. The point is that you cannot present this as evidence of intentional edit since a bunch of other bibles have had either of the words at position 46 from top or bottom?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MEILYN(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

When I am corrected either on this thread or another, I thank macof and welcome for more because Iron sharpen Iron. I am not omniscient.

Now you have been proven that you are a puppet who bark at what you pointed to without verifying and reasoning out your points. Were you not saying you haven't check or do the counting yourself but you can praise him over something you didnt have ground for. Guy you are embarrassing.
Mr Man go and sit down, u no get yarns. You talk with certainty.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2013
NativeBoy:

You are correct that the KJV has 46 from top and bottom. The point is that you cannot present this as evidence of intentional edit since a bunch of other bibles have had either of the words at position 46 from top or bottom?

I am correct again? Lol correct implies truth. And your flagbearer will call me liar. Chai.

Let take it slow bro.....

There is this thing I come across in the book of revelation which I dont take serious until a friend back it with points. 'saith Amen'. Before I dont take things like that serious because I do think amen mean jesus until my friend informed me it refering to Ramen (egyptian god). That was the first day I heard anything about Ramen but I took a little step ahead to make more findings on his points. Do I know the intention of those translators? Nope but it certain that there are clues on that point.

On this said point. Something suspicious is there. There are many manipulations in kjv which are not in other translations and shows that this fishy thang in psalm 46 could be there manipulation work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In August 2018 / I Heard Rubbing Crude Oil Chases Away Evil Spirits.. Myth Or Fact? / Steps To Embracing The New Thing That God Wants To Do In Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.