Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,444 members, 7,801,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé (18915 Views)

Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? / Governor Rochas Roasting Corn By The Roadside (Picture) / Wrapping Of Prepared Food With Newspapper By Local Food Vendors, How Hygienic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by priscasmart(f): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
we call it bole (as in bolehh) here in d SOUTH Delta state to b precise.
There is No need for any correction, we all know what d op iz talking about.
Btw...If Its really hot then Its acceptably hygenic. Thermophiles are not very common. Another thing u need to know iz dat MICROORGANISMS ARE EVERYWHERE AROUND US, evenn in those fiingers u used in typing this.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by ifechez: 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
just finished consuming my bole with fried fish now. So sweet!!!!!
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by tattesco(m): 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
I like people who dey form like this because dey havnt shit in their entire life, and they haven't fatted since ther are born yeye people. lolzzzzzz
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by mariblizzy(f): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ma_J_Blige: Go to Eko Hotels or Sheraton to buy yours. Or better still Shoprite.
hahahahaha, good answer Miss hygienic
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Pharoh: 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
The only hygienic food is the one you prepared with your own bare hands so stop deceiving yourself with all those packaging, i have seen it all.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Mujah1deen: 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
raqueal: OP, bacteria from roasting is half of it. What is transferred through their dirty hands is the rest. The sellers will handle charcoal with bare hands,touch the plantain, touch their dirty aprons/wrappers and collect money with the same hands. The money part is the most disgusting part, especially here in Abuja where the average northerner blows his nose with bare hands and scratches his crotch on top before giving you change? Nah
what is this one saying? Bigot
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
i just ate it with beans.... grin

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by joelenesleek(f): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Durty them say No dey Kill AFRICAN MAN. Moreover after all dose roasting process, d dirty go don cook wella and ready to be digested. BOLE!! Anytime , anyday, anywhere.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Richydos(m): 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
lekkie073: the only bole I know is the bole international airport in Addis Ababa .... angry

Who b this 1 I swear u go sabi collect beating oooo,,,i won't be surprise if u dey actually study mumulogy or odegraphy....tell aw airport tke relate 2 plantain food.......
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by eluquenson(m): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
I still ate Boli & groundnut with my wife last saturday so lovely cheesy
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Ibime(m): 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bole is good to go!

The heat kills off the bacteria, and besides we need some dirt for our immune system.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by leonard509(m): 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
dat wan no concern me....i go choooooopppp a.m
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Danhumprey: 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
WackyJ1: There's a woman in front of my work place who sells the roasted plantain and surprisingly (to Me ) it's very popular especially eating it with groundnut....... Disgusting.
So much so that whenever any of my coworkers offer it to Me, i simply tell Them that the day they see me eating that thing, just know that christ is coming the next day.

Aren't there any side effects or bacterias that are transferred from the things that the plantain comes in contact with during roasting? Or does the fire really kill them off. Maybe the side effects don't really show immediately.
LMAO@the bolded. grin
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by wrealgems: 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
@ op, you are really hygiene concious and that's good considering the fact that most people don't even think about the condition of what they eat before they have it. But try not to be over-concious, cos even the ones you prepare for yourself aren't 100% germ-free either (some germs are not harmful-the normal flora). Hope you are not reading 1000 ways to die
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by arygreat: 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
[quote
author=WackyJ1] There's a woman in front of my work place who sells the
roasted plantain and surprisingly (to Me ) it's very popular especially
eating it with groundnut . People around buy it many times a day
including from my work place.

But i can't see myself eating one of those things. Whenever i think of
it the first thing that comes to my mind is the fact that the woman's or
anyone elses' hands, in whatever condition they are (un washed, dusty,
dirty) who helps her there will touch the plantain to turn it, something
that i will put in my mouth. And even when i think of that i also
remember the iron mesh that is used un place the plantain over the fire
and how it must be black from soot, something that is used day in and
out. Everything all On the skin of what i'm putting in my mouth.
Disgusting.
So much so that whenever any of my coworkers offer it to Me, i simply
tell Them that the day they see me eating that thing, just know that
christ is coming the next day.

Aren't there any side effects or bacterias that are transferred from the
things that the plantain comes in contact with during roasting? Or does
the fire really kill them off. Maybe the side effects don't really show
immediately.[/quote] That sounds quite superfluous. Are you sure you don't eat it?
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Besto(m): 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
Damojo: Forget hygiene and focus on the therapeutic effect. Have u tried unripe bole and smoked fish? Best known aphrosidiac!!! Ask Bayelsans.
my guy...u no need ask us.. meal tyt die...na jst fresh...i jst dey fresh since i enta b.y
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by WackyJ1(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
astronautog: All of una they mad especially the op!!!na comon bole wey u chop go kill you?if you like don't eat it sometin go still kill you!!rubbish!! una dey form lyk say una no dey shitt
Noise maker, the bolded part shows your insecurity and poor
man mentality

Polio:

Males that hiss ...... SMH! #OutOfOrder
So females should be the only ones with the right to sound like snakes
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by PurestBoy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

I think risky burger is more dangerous. i.e bread and fried egg by mallams

Which one be risky burger? U go lautech?
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by igbonla(m): 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
The issue with booli (boopa) is not even the bacteria alone, please have a rethink and stay away from buying and eating it if the seller is located beside the road. The exhaust of vehicles discharges onto anything beside the road (including your vegetable), contaminants from the exhaust always end up on anything placed beside the road.

Do yourself a favor and buy the local grill and charcoal to start preparing your booli, prepare your own spices/sauces, it takes so short a time to make and you can invite friends and watch the birth of another business, well packaged and far superior to the junks beside the road.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by adeniyikassim: 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
infact that is my favourite lunch food with groundnut.............. grin but it must be wormed
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
When ever travel to ph or yenagoa dat's my meal. Over there they mix it with confirm per boiled palmoil,leaves and roasted fish nd then pieces the bole. U missing a lot if u have not tasted it dis way.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
If u re so neat u cant eat germs,,buy dettol nd carry it about
8-)8-)8-)8-)
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Stylaay(m): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
PurestBoy:

Which one be risky burger? U go lautech?
for bauchi we dey call an saddam burger. If u chop am finish ma toilet o
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by willibounce: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ma_J_Blige: Go to Eko Hotels or Sheraton to buy yours. Or better still Shoprite.

Hahaha! Dem dey sell for KFC too. Na barbecue pLantain.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
Odilafta: If u re so neat u cant eat germs,,buy dettol nd carry it about
8-)8-)8-)8-)

grin Make the Op buy am, then wash am with dettol soap. Then, he's good to eat it..

Booli and epa? I love am like madt..

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by otiigba1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
very unhygienic i remember eating it with Roasted snail also from the Roadside on a trip to naija.. boy! i end up in hospital with stomach trouble
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by LausDeo(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
This tread should be closed before you ruin boli for those that love it. I remember when I was serving, there was a canteen where I ate. I enjoyed the food a lot until someone described to me how dirty the woman preparing the food was. I never noticed. I just go in there and enjoy my meal. But from the moment I heard that horrid description, all I could see was a dirty woman. That guy ruined my love for that canteen. OP and the others, that is exactly what you're doing now. PLEASE dnt ruin boli for me
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by leonshom(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Well,u myt be right 2 a point,buh if datz d case,u can prepare urs @home,its not necessary 2 buy 4rm the roadside if u aint sure if its safe for consumption !
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Fasholu: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Yeah..Actually you're right. But if you want clean boli. You're gonna have to pay more for it( Costs and Benefit)
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by ugochukwu360(m): 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
@ op am not a hypochondriac, btw av u taken a peek into ur so cald hygienic fastfoods nd eateries food preparation environments? No mata hw hygienic dey claim to be we stil hear reports of rats nd cockroaches being found in deir food. Me i no dey joke wit boli, fish head nd chilled coke to hell with bacteria.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by WackyJ1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
LausDeo: This tread should be closed before you ruin boli for those that love it. I remember when I was serving, there was a canteen where I ate. I enjoyed the food a lot until someone described to me how dirty the woman preparing the food was. I never noticed. I just go in there and enjoy my meal. But from the moment I heard that horrid description, all I could see was a dirty woman. That guy ruined my love for that canteen. OP and the others, that is exactly what you're doing now. PLEASE dnt ruin boli for me
Clear case of ignorance is bliss
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by festuzinic(m): 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
BOOLI is the correct yoruba 4 roasted banana not "BOLE". ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Strange Things You Have Found In Your Food / How To Prepare Prawn Soup (opuru Fulou) / Which Of These Is Your Least preferred?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.