Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air (17754 Views)

Sick A Joke? Charlie Hebdo Mocks Russian Plane Crash In Egypt / Plane Crash In Russia, 50 Feared Dead / Woman Dies After Serving Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Tolexander: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nine skydivers and two pilots survived a mid-air crash at 12,000 feet this weekend after those aboard were able to safely parachute to the ground. Two of those aboard suffered minor injuries. The surreal crash along the Wisconsin-Minnesota border left one plane totally destroyed, forcing its pilot to eject to safety. The other plane was eventually able to land. Both planes were owned by Skydive Superior.

According to a local Fox affiliate, authorities still don't know why the two planes collided, though they were flying close to each other at the time, one following the other. Just before impact, the lead plane carried four people seconds away from jumping in formation, while the trailing plane carried five — two inside, two prepared to leap. It sounds like the crash shook off the prepared skydivers on impact, while the remaining two jumpers managed to get out of the trailing plane shortly after. The lead pilot ejected as his plane caught fire and began to break apart, using an emergency parachute to guide his descent. The other plane was in much better shape.

Every skydiver except for the pilot was equipped with a steerable parachute, letting them land more or less where they were aiming for before the crash, anyway. All of the skydivers involved in the crash were experienced, including several instructors for Skydive Superior. One of them, Mike Robinson, described the debris falling from the destroyed plane as the group descended:

“We’re in free fall, so we’re falling about 120 miles an hour vertically down...But then we open our parachutes, and now all the sudden they’re falling faster than we are. … Fortunately, everybody kept it together so they just avoided (the debris).”

Of all those involved, the pilot in the lead plane that broke apart suffered the most serious injuries: he "was visibly bloodied about his face and shirt and had one hand wrapped in a garment," according to Superior Fire Department Battalion Chief Vern Johnson's comment to CNN. According to Robinson, the pilot may need some stitches, but was not "seriously hurt." "
orisun

1 Like

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Olugbenger(m): 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by abdulslutsky(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
ECLiPSE OF the plane...

SMH

11 Likes

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
I've heard it before. Please kindly copy and paste this to Stella Oduah's Email.
Ermm! Am i meant to say "Thanks" ?
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Tolexander: 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
[size=20pt]1st EVER SKYDIVING
EVENT in #NIGERIA
is here!
[/size]

follow
@9jaSkyDiver on
Twitter for updates
Vote your CITY to Host Hurry!
just TEXT "'SKYDIVE (space)
your City' to 35140. E.g
"Skydive Ibokun" to 35140

1 Like

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by viktuur(m): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2013
[size=18pt]1st EVER SKYDIVING EVENT in #NIGERIA is here! follow @9jaSkyDiver on Twitter for updates, [/size]
[size=14pt]Vote your CITY to Host Hurry! just TEXT "'SKYDIVE (space) your City' to 35140. E.g "Skydive Ibokun" to 35140[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
awesome
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Gbade60: 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
Keke abeg drop me,

Reading.............

Abeg no b here I dey go....

Na next bus stop
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Youngpo413: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
Luck
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by xclusive43(m): 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Olugbenger:

#SHM
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
simply because no be 9ja pilots dey fly the planes
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
WAYO
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Donnest4u(m): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ok. I hear
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Kobojoe: 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
cry Belle dey worry me I dey come
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Donmichaelz(m): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
first to comment?falls down and faint

1 Like

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by sammy329(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
kiss na stella oduah cause am

1 Like

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Divinetouch(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
kk thank God no casualties
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Sijo01(f): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
Air accident!
Yellow fever Traffic Warders should be deployed to the sky to control air traffic in order to avoid future occurrence.
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by gluv01(f): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Thank God for their safety

1 Like

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by RedCard1(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
I'm sure some of them are in critical conditions and might die later. But it's really good that no one had died. We can now have gazillions of Kechi Okwuchi (don't really know the name) the Sosoliso plane crash survivor abi na surviver/survival.
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Gbade60: Keke abeg drop me,

Reading.............

Abeg no b here I dey go....

Na next bus stop
bros, why you dey disgrace me like dis na? ..after 3 children fa grin
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by rozayx5(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
if this happened in Nigeria, hmmmm

the "needful" comments would have filled this thread and it would have hit 10 pages by now grin
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Adex097: 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
something tells me it was pre-planned
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by plusteam: 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
Skydivers? Not all dat strange, just like two football players colliding when trying to win d ball

1 Like

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
As I read this, looks like movie.
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
abdulslutsky: ECLiPSE OF the plane...

SMH

this got me LOLing cheesy
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Plane crash Pple die stella oduah buy 255m armod cars.na hin be say if 2 planes crash for 9ja nobodi die she go buy 2 armod private jets 251trn na as part of celebration
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by smart134: 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
wow
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by oluakadinma: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Stella Odua is the cause said by A.P. Complete for me abeg.
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
Plane crash pple die stella oduah buy 255m 'amod' cars...na hin be say if 2 planes crash nobodi die she go buy 2 'amod' private jets of plenti plenti bilionses as part of celebration na
Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by skyscraperTM(m): 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yes, it's true. My name is skyscraper. I'm a skydiver by profession and i was among the skydivers that survived the air-collision. As usual, our plane took off to the apex of the sky, my esteemed abode. We had started wearing our parachute for take off when i sighted a big fish flying aimlessly towards our direction. Fortunately for my team members they were already done with their parachute and when the pilot made an emergency buzz the whole crew members started jumping with their customized umbrellas, but unfortunately for me i was still busy lacing my shoes not to even talk of wearing a parachute. The whole thing happened so quickly, by this time, everyone was out of the plane except me. Before i knew what was happening an inferno had taken over our plane. I was trying so hard to wear my parachute but i was too late. I literally did not know when i jumped down from the plane without my customized umbrella. I was flying down to earth in 160seconds per minute. I used my hands to cover my face because i though i was going to die. Just then i saw two angels who looked like angel Gabriel and Michael coming to me, they were in plain white robe and broad feathers. They both held my hands each and the velocity with which i was going down drastically reduced, we started going down in swarm motion. My mouth was ajar, i couldn't even utter a word. Few minutes later we finally landed on earth and the taller one admist them spoke, albeit i didn't see his mouth open but i heard a voice saying "God loves you." Before i could say Thank you they both disappeared into thin air. I went to locate my team mates and when they asked me how i managed to survived the fatal incident i just told them 'God took control. What really happened was too big for me to explain it to man's understanding. So join me in thanking God because if not for him i don't know where i would be now. I've thought of quiting my skydiving job but it's too hard for me, it seemed i was born to be a skydiver, little wonder i was nicknamed sky-ridder.

Thanks Nairalanders for Reading my fairytale, now don't be stingy, can i get my likes. grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air by Seequadry(m): 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
Make e no be like say I no talk anything...

Thank god 4 der family cha.. Awon wayrey elerekere skydiving ko land diving ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun / North Korea Leader, Kim Jong-un To Military: Prepare For Possible War In 2024 / Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.