Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,340 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

Giving Source Code To Client - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Giving Source Code To Client (1187 Views)

Here Is How To Get The Source Code From Any APK File / Funny Source Code Comments / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Giving Source Code To Client by josieboy55(m): 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
hello guys,

I have read from a lot of website's about source code ownership and also consulted from lawyers who have an idea of intellectual property
e.g http://www.developerdotstar.com/mag/articles/daniels_softwarecopyright.html .

I have a client who is requesting the source code of a payment gateway i built for him , i told him to pay an extra fee if he needs the source code ( which is my intellectual Property ) an he is threatening to take me to court . I really want to know how u guys have handled such issues in the past . N.B during the development or even before the project we never had an agreement that i was going to give him the source code at all
Re: Giving Source Code To Client by Elixirstud(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
Negotiate with him with wisdom. My best advice dont give him the source until he agrees to pay extra fee. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Giving Source Code To Client by avosoft: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
josieboy55: hello guys,

I have read from a lot of website's about source code ownership and also consulted from lawyers who have an idea of intellectual property
e.g http://www.developerdotstar.com/mag/articles/daniels_softwarecopyright.html .

I have a client who is requesting the source code of a payment gateway i built for him , i told him to pay an extra fee if he needs the source code ( which is my intellectual Property ) an he is threatening to take me to court . I really want to know how u guys have handled such issues in the past . N.B during the development or even before the project we never had an agreement that i was going to give him the source code at all

if there is no agreement between the two of you before the development who owns what, then it should be an open negotiation.
And next time, sign a contract with anyone who will own what after the end of the project

(1) (Reply)

Lets Solve Some Javascript Problems / How To Start Creating Apps As A Web Designer / 강남매직미러《o1o 9742 1199》♬김사랑실장 강남매직미러초이스 선릉매직미러초이스 역삼매직미러초이스 강남풀사롱가격 강남풀살롱견적 강남풀사롱예

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.