Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nairaland E-cooperative society - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland E-cooperative society (9975 Views)

Covenant Fadama Multipurpose Cooperative Society Of Nigeria-the Sage Continues / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Procedures To Get Approval For Multipurpose Cooperative Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
obasy09: I doubt it that the op has really researched what cooperative means, its mode of operation and legal requirements.If your goal is to raise money from multitude to achieve economic of scale, a better term to use is JV or partnership!
You disclosed that registration of ur cooperative is underway when you claimed to have had only 4 members (you inclusive). How is that possible?. How many meetings have you held? Do you even have cooperative register ready?
I'm not condeming ur laudable idea or forsight, but you don't go about cooperative biz model the way you're doing. If you think I'm talking nonsense, you can challenge me to a debate on cooperative business.
whatever your views are, I respect them but I would not like to debate what name should be given to it. what we are about to do is that we are registering as a group, we will raise money together as a group, invest it over a period of time, get our target and share among ourselves. so you can give it your name
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 12:21am On Nov 10, 2013
obasy09:
@ bolded. How?

when you do your calculations, you get our target, with hard work, some lucrative legitimate business can yield that over a period of time... just keep an eye on us, it just a year issue
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 12:27am On Nov 10, 2013
toluxa1: I cant believe people are this gullible to fall for this. SOmeone tells you he is looking for 500 people to contribute 2k each and bluntly tells you your money will be invested in HYIP, FOOTBALL BETTING, FOREX and any other high risk business, hahaha, those three businesses each have about a 95% chance of failure. Heaven knows what the other high risk businesses are. If you are wise, run with your money now oo. We have been into online biz for too long to we even slightly interested in this.

please dont make this look as bad as you sound... plz read my post again, modify your post and apologize if you have a conscience

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 12:30am On Nov 10, 2013
FunmyKemmy: I have joined the group on Facebook. I hope the purpose will not be abused in the nearest future.

Pls, 2k per individual is good to start with.

Send update to: funmykemmy2009@gmail.com.
http://funmikemmy..com

thanks for joining us... together, success is guaranteed. You are protected. And that is why we are following due processes.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2013
pro_selector:

when you do your calculations, you get our target, with hard work, some lucrative legitimate business can yield that over a period of time ... just keep an eye on us, it just a year issue
Judging from this response, it is clear that you don't have the blue print or feasibility study of the business you intend to invest in. Business don't thrive on baseless assumptions(e.g @ bolded). You need to show people 'the numbers'! You don't look for money first before feasibility study and concrete business plan- that's a recipe for failure. I feel concerned because you are seeking for fund from the masses (majority of whom you don't know). In summary, I have no reason yet to conclude that your idea is a scam but you simply need to show wise investors 'your numbers'!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by kolokolobi(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2013
Obasy09...on point. What are you registering..business name enterprise? What are the salient points in your MOU...are the members virtual members too....board issues...what are the numbers over the next three years...what's the business model. These questions need answers.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Incrizz(f): 2:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Incrizz(f): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
obasy09:
Judging from this response, it is clear that you don't have the blue print or feasibility study of the business you intend to invest in. Business don't thrive on baseless assumptions(e.g @ bolded). You need to show people 'the numbers'! You don't look for money first before feasibility study and concrete business plan- that's a recipe for failure. I feel concerned because you are seeking for fund from the masses (majority of whom you don't know). In summary, I have no reason yet to conclude that your idea is a scam but you simply need to show wise investors 'your numbers'!

Please as much as I try not to be involved in a debate with you, I wish to clarify some issues. I have not asked anyone for money. Why I still do not want to be too open on the business Idea yet is that, I wouldnt love it to be hijacked. So far, I have done feasibiity study on two businesses that could yield that much. and besides since its going to be a cooperative, I cant deside that myself

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
kolokolobi: Obasy09...on point. What are you registering..business name enterprise? What are the salient points in your MOU...are the members virtual members too....board issues...what are the numbers over the next three years...what's the business model. These questions need answers.

that mou was my initial thoughts but since its getting registered we would follow due process
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Incrizz:
Guys..guys..take it easy on him. He's going to work with us, the members in making all necessary decisions wink

I am in pro_selector but I'm not on Facebook so howz that gonna work?

hmm its simple to join facebook. for now thats de only option
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Incrizz(f): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
So I'm out..?
cry
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by vizboy(m): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2013
ok guyz you.

We are all different so everybody has his or her own idea. But we have to work as a team.

And we shouldnt shoot a bird before he even get to fly.

Fact is nobody is paying any money yet. As for the business plan, every member has to do a feasibility study on any business idea of his or her choice.

After that we come together on the best business plan, we dont have to go with those of the op,we are a team and we should try and be one.

I wouldnt lie, I like the ops idea but we just have to thread softly.

As the op said let see if we can register these as a cooperation, then we can start talking about business plan before money even get in.

We have a long way to go.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 10:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
Incrizz: So I'm out..?
cry

not yet
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 10:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
vizboy: ok guyz you.

We are all different so everybody has his or her own idea. But we have to work as a team.

And we shouldnt shoot a bird before he even get to fly.

Fact is nobody is paying any money yet. As for the business plan, every member has to do a feasibility study on any business idea of his or her choice.

After that we come together on the best business plan, we dont have to go with those of the op,we are a team and we should try and be one.

I wouldnt lie, I like the ops idea but we just have to thread softly.

As the op said let see if we can register these as a cooperation, then we can start talking about business plan before money even get in.

We have a long way to go.

thanks.. am happy my little idea is appreciated
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
over 35 members and still counting...
500 entrepreneurs about to emerge...
what are you waiting for...
please join us
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nextworldnx(m): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
@OP, count me in.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by dekins: 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Great things start small.As far due process will be followed(especially registering with CAC and mutual legal agreement) I am fully in.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Kaymus(m): 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
I'm in 08080326327 or 07031282614
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by FunmyKemmy(f): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
Update please.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Aleshyto(m): 10:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
im in 07057878593, i will suggest a biz as times goes on
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Aleshyto(m): 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
im in 07057878593, i will suggest a biz as times goes on.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by agbekoya(m): 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
Anyone has updates about this initiative?
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
I am also interested.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by cyonujemen(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2014
I tried registering but the link did not open. Pls, check.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
updates here.. as the initiator of the programme, i didnt get much cooperations.. also my involvement in political affairs took my time. sincere apologies for that.. hoping to revive it though..
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Great idea Friend. That facebook link doesn't work. 2k is 'Beer' money, we can afford to start with that!! If we work this stuff out properly, we would be setting a blueprint that others can exploit for economic emancipation. Am in on this...! *provide a Facebook link that works asap*
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
proselector: Good evening...
I really took some time thinking of how to begin this thread but anywhere I begin from, I just want to be sure am communicating with you, that is, am able to pass an idea to, almost a replica of what is on my mind.

Over the years, from learning and experience, I have come to fully understand that making money is just by selling goods or services. Any business falls under that, manufacturing, entertainment, whatever. And behind every Business are 3 pillars: Idea, Capital and an Entrepreneur. Before, I used to hear that the greatest hindrance to starting a business is capital, but letter, I learnt that idea, was really the greatest problem. So since then I had alway placed Idea as a priority in my business drive. And I also discoverd that Ideas that made people were Stunning, innovative, exceptional, and most attimes new.
But after my stunning and innovative ideas, I discovered that start-up capital was still a problem. Though not the greatest problem, it is a great problem.

As entrepreneurs, ideas may not be a problem. Capital might. We know we have ways of raising capitals, like loans, savings, investors, cooperatives, etc And at times, we exhaust some of these options without being able to raise money for our business. Personally, I have been an entrepreneur for some few years and I know how difficult, it is raising funds. I have an experience where my business idea was hijacked by my investors.
So I came up with an idea of a cooperative. If I have 500 people who would make a one-time contribution of #2000 each. We could invest and re-invest both the capital and profit for a period of 12 to 18 months. And at the end of the period, the money is shared to the owners. And certainly, it would be possible for each person to raise #72,000 to #80,000 within that period. But as an individual, raising that amount may seem difficult.
And on the businesses to invest on. With so many lucrative business opportunity, finding the right business wouldnt be a problem.The business to invest on will be agreed by the members. The business must be short or medium term like Oil and Gas deal or contract. And it would exclude:
HYIP
FOREX
FOOTBALL BETTING
STOCKS
and any other high risk business
BENEFITS:

-Startup fund for your business
-Exposure to different business opportunity.
-Business connections among members
*Loans (When we have a large capital base)
-Access to business aids and advice
-Business ideas updates
** more are coming
Legal Issues

Every organisation is established on a legal ground. And this is exactly what we are working toward. For a start, we would employ methods of agreement available. We take full responsibility for every fund raised and would guarantee the security of our members. And in a shortwhile we would full launch our full legal package and registration proper.
Facebook group https://www./210229832492438?refid=27
I wish to make this the official thread of this cooperative.
I wish to solicit the support Seun and the mod of this section. I also want to commend them for their effort in seeing that nairaland.com is what it is today.
12 Months is a long time to achieve this and 12 month is a short time to wait coz time flies.
we have started join us better still tell other... questions and comments are welcomed...
Are you watching from the side line?? You are soon to find us at the top...
500 members, 500 businesses in 18 months...
Comment with your number to get our sms updates.
To join us, follow this link and join our facebook group https://m./210229832492438?refid=27

Note: Its online... So you can join from anywhere in Nigeria.
WE ARE STILL ON REGISTRATION PROCESSES. SO FOR NOW, WE DONT ASK FOR MONEY.
0 nicè pls
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
nchewi: Great idea Friend. That facebook link doesn't work. 2k is 'Beer' money, we can afford to start with that!! If we work this stuff out properly, we would be setting a blueprint that others can exploit for economic emancipation. Am in on this...! *provide a Facebook link that works asap*

facebook link now working

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Guardian:oil Price Plummets To Low Not Seen Since October 2017 / Need Urgent Information On Setting Up Cooking Gas Mini-plant / Lekki Airport: White Elephant Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.