Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria (2872 Views)

GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria / Why Was Part Time Programe Not Suspended In Polytechnics. / Which Exam Is Relevant To Study Mechanical Eng. In Abroad, Like GRE, GMAT, SAT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Kolping: 6:07am On Nov 07, 2013
I've been informed by First Logic that GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, and other exams such as Cisco, Oracle, Microsoft taken at Prometric testing centers in Nigeria have been suspended. One now has to travel to Ghana to write such exams. No explanation has been given yet.

Does any one have any further details on this new development?
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Lucky31(f): 11:54am On Nov 07, 2013
I heard about this too ohh. And I planned to take an exam next week. DO you have any idea how long the suspension will last
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Kolping: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
No, I don't. I can't seem to find any information on the Prometric website.
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by Kolping: 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
Moderators: , could you put this on the front page so that we can get more feedback from the members of the forum.
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by emmanuelkim: 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
I made a call to Educational Advisory Center and they said they are aware, but they don't know if the United state embassy is aware too.
This is not too good, if they want us not to travel, why not tell us directly instead of doing this rubbish? i hope they find solution soon, but i got info that they will be seating next week to discuss the issue
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by cezeozue: 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hey guys,

This is very unfortunate news. Please sign and share this petition to get a better explanation from ETS and to have them lift the suspension ASAP:

http://chn.ge/1gwukfs
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by adgbadebo1: 10:17am On Nov 10, 2013
My ambitious Naijas, let us understand that Education Testing Services (ETS) only suspended not stopped testing in Nigeria (for the reason given which can obviously be interpreted to bad examination supervision ethics in the two testing centers for GRE and many others for TOEFL or moral bridge in download of the actual tests by the Nigerian exam's administrator in the centers). However, the good news is that Nigerians can still do the test abroad till we put our house in order.

Meanwhile, you can join other Nigerians to sign the petition on http://chn.ge/1gwukfs but pending when our signed petition will be given attention and possible consideration, since deadlines are closed, an alternative measure is to test abroad. So, if you are still interested in Registering and Testing your GRE or TOEFL in Ghana or any other Neighboring countries of Nigeria at affordable registration fee call 07086833330 or 08174724261. They helped me registered mine last year in WAEC office in Accra when an agent in Nigeria messed me up.

My 'Naija-rians' the suspension of testing in Nigeria cannot stop us so let us utilize this available opportunity now as testing spaces are limited and admission deadlines are close. Available testing dates are:

TOEFL AVAILABLE TESTING DATES

Friday, November 22, 2013 08:00 AM
Friday, December 06, 2013 08:00 AM
Saturday, December 07, 2013 08:00 AM
Saturday, December 14, 2013 09:00 AM
Friday, December 20, 2013

GRE AVAILABLE TESTING DATES
NOVEMBER 2013. 19, 20, 25, 26,
DECEMBER 2013 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18

Numbers to call again are: 07086833330 or 08174724261
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by fahdy2k: 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
This might be helpful to some folks, you can also check their website at www.swiftprocurement.com or email them for more information at customerservice@swiftprocurement.com

TOEFL AND GRE CANCELLED IN NIGERIA, WE HAVE A WAY OUT FOR YOU:
TOEFL and GRE Test takers good news for you. Due to the recent cancellation of these two test offerings in Nigeria. Swiftprocurement will be helping students interested in writing the exams pursue their dreams.

HOW IT WORKS:
We will register you for the exam in the neighboring Republic of Benin; Cotonou City. Swiftprocurement have been able to identify the "AMERICAN CULTURE CENTER" as a good location for students registering through us.

Our Registration Fee*: TOEFL: $185, GRE: $215

(Note: Cotonou only has the paper based assessment test and it is available 3 times in a year so you have to schedule on time). For Computer based testing, candidate will have to write exam in Ghana.

Swiftprocurement has also identified two closer Hotels to the Center where student can lodge:
1. iBis Hotel Cotonou
2. Novotel Cotonou

As part of our effort to help students and depending on the number of students registration, we are also working on group travels such that student can save money by travelling together and where possible share accommodation. Also we are working on getting you information about cheaper accommodations around Cotonou city.

For more information please call Femi at: 07059647747 or Julius at 08053195548.

You may also call our USA office directly at +18625207004 (9:00am - 17:00pm EST).
Note that Nigeria is 6 hours ahead of the USA in time difference so consider subtracting 6hours to get the local time in the USA before calling.

You can also visit our Office for more information:
Swiftprocurement
17 Kodesoh Street, By Juli Pharmacy
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by emmanuelkim: 5:05am On Nov 16, 2013
If i may ask, i intend to go to cotonou for the test and now i heard it is paper based and it is run 3 times a year, can one still register there?
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by fahdy2k: 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
@emmanuelkim: Yes you can still register but you have to do so on time as stated by the information i posted earlier. Visit
www.swiftprocurement.com for more information or call those numbers for more info
Re: GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL Etc Testing Suspended In Nigeria by emmanuelkim: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks all, i will be going for IELTS instead of TOEFL

(1) (Reply)

How To Make A High Grade Point (GP) In High Institution. / 'granny', The Oldest Killer Whale In The World Dies / What Google Hides From Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.