Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? (3567 Views)

Lady Looking For A Husband For Her Mother On Twitter / Wife Pours Hot Water On Husband For Denying Her Sex For 3 Weeks (photo) / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2013
As the headline above goes, is it possible for a woman to sue her husband for rape if she is not interested in se.x but her husband practically rapes her to satisfy himself. my friend says she will rather have se.x twice a week but her husband wants it every day.
NB: they are both christians and can't have extramarital affairs.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 07, 2013
Yes!, As long as one partner is unwilling to participate in the activity and is being forced against their will to do so, then it is rape. irrespective of whether it is her husband or not
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2013
steph7: Yes!, As long as one partner is unwilling to participate in the activity and is being forced against their will to do so, then it is rape. irrespective of whether it is her husband or not
But the husband says his wife is not been considerate and that she is deliberately punishing him since she know that he cannot go outside to have it as it is against his faith.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 07, 2013
He is not being considerate too, to the best of my knowledge se.x is best enjoyed when both partcipants are willing.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by GentleMimi: 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Virtually impossible in the Nigerian judiciary system.Our custom is against such....so it ends up being in favour of the man.But its not totally impossible....the woman must have substantial evidence and a reputable doctor as a witness.Hw does the woman get to prove she didn't give her consent?Does she have vag*inal bruises or visible wounds?
Its difficult but not impossible.She must speak to a human rights lawyer for better advice

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
steph7: He is not being considerate too, to the best of my knowledge se.x is best enjoyed when both partcipants are willing.
true, but what should he do when the thing don catch am.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2013
I don't think there's any woman from this part of our world who is willing to sue her husband for rappe. Will she be ready to face what comes out of it? Some women are vulnerable and cannot fight for themselves.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by dasparrow: 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
ona2: As the headline above goes, is it possible for a woman to sue her husband for rape if she is not interested in se.x but her husband practically rapes her to satisfy himself. my friend says she will rather have se.x twice a week but her husband wants it every day.
NB: they are both christians and can't have extramarital affairs.

Your friend made a big mistake marrying a man who is obviously addicted to sex. A man who wants sex 7 days a week is suffering from sex addiction and needs to seek professional help before he begins to molest any young female child in the vicinity should he not have access to his wife's vargina. I feel sorry for this friend of yours because that husband of hers will keep bruising and injuring her vargina for as long as their marriage lasts. If your friend cannot keep up with her husband's extremely high sex drive, then she will have to divorce him or remain in the marriage and keep suffering and smiling. Something the average Nigerian has learnt to do very well.

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
dasparrow:

Your friend made a big mistake marrying a man who is obviously addicted to sex. A man who wants sex 7 days a week is suffering from sex addiction and needs to seek professional help before he begins to molest any young female child in the vicinity should he not have access to his wife's vargina. I feel sorry for this friend of yours because that husband of hers will keep bruising and injuring her vargina for as long as their marriage lasts. If your friend cannot keep up with her husband's extremely high sex drive, then she will have to divorce him or remain in the marriage and keep suffering and smiling. Something the average Nigerian has learnt to do very well.

lol to being addicted to se.x. But, come to think of it, is it wrong to have sex everyday. There are those who would even go three rounds at a go on this same sex matta. divorce is out of the question, and she cannot suffering and smiling any longer.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
berem: I don't think there's any woman from this part of our world who is willing to sue her husband for rappe. Will she be ready to face what comes out of it? Some women are vulnerable and cannot fight for themselves.
you talk true, bro
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
@OP
they should have never got married as they are obviously not se.xually compatible. divorce is the only way as this lady cannot provide for the needs of this man, who is BOUND to get it somewhere else eventually.
that lady must be the FREAK that this man requires in the bedroom, if she isnt, he will go and get his freakiness somewhere else. a man can suppress his needs for so long until he snaps.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
dasparrow:

gbam.you have said it all
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
@Mrbrownjay, you are right. not sexually compatible.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nkeon: 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
Note to self: ensure sexual compatibility with partner before getting married.

Marital rape became recognised in the UK in 1991 with a famous case about an Asian woman that killed her husband after long standing domestic abuse. I'm not sure if it's the case in Nigeria and other parts of the world for that matter. Unfortunately, the view is that once a woman gets married she consents to sex whenever her husband wants it.

I don't see how this woman is punishing her husband just because she doesn't want sex everyday. Oya, who's got energy for that? This man needs to hone his oats. Does he want a sex slave or a wife? You say he won't cheat because he's a Christian but he is okay with causing his wife unhappiness, which the bible also condemns. He should hold on to his faith practices and learn control his urges and take sex to an emotional level, not just a physical one.

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
Nkeon: Note to self: ensure sexual compatibility with partner before getting married.

Marital rape became recognised in the UK in 1991 with a famous case about an Asian woman that killed her husband after long standing domestic abuse. I'm not sure if it's the case in Nigeria and other parts of the world for that matter. Unfortunately, the view is that once a woman gets married she consents to sex whenever her husband wants it.

I don't see how this woman is punishing her husband just because she doesn't want sex everyday. Oya, who's got energy for that? This man needs to hone his oats. Does he want a sex slave or a wife? You say he won't cheat because he's a Christian but he is okay with causing his wife unhappiness, which the bible also condemns. He should hold on to his faith practices and learn control his urges and take sex to an emotional level, not just a physical one.

i have to disagree with you on some few points you made:
- this woman is indeed punishing this man (whether on purpose or not) simply because she knows what he needs from her, and she is not able/willing to give him. thats not entirely her fault but she still has her part to take in this issue.

- some women do have energy for such.......... and if you go back to the threads on NL, you will find a lady that was complaining about her husband not mounting her as often as she wanted it (everyday).

- there is no such thing as a sex slave or a wife. a wife SHOULD be someone who satisfy her husband's every needs (and vice versa), and therefore could/should be able to provide sex 7 days a week, if thats the man she married.

- you speak about the wife unhappiness as if the husband was happy NOT getting his daily sex? haba, the husband is also unhappy and want to BE HAPPY thats why he demands for his drug (aka sex).

- there is NOTHING wrong with having sex everyday.......hell, thats what mostly happens when people first get together. the catch is that , for most, the intensity rubs off, while some like the OP keeps wanting for more. this is why SE:XUAL COMPATIBILITY is very important in marriage. sex should be emotional AND physical, and therefore the two are highly needed. you cant take one away and expect your spouse to be ok with it, just because YOU are.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
Isn't it so funny that while some women complain bitterly about their husbands not satisfying them sexually,some other women are complaining of their husbands being sex addicts. If caution is not taken, the two can lead to divorce. God save us from this thing called marriage. grin grin
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
berem: Isn't it so funny that while some women complain bitterly about their husbands not satisfying them sexually,some other women are complaining of their husbands being sex addicts. If caution is not taken, the two can lead to divorce. God save us from this thing called marriage. grin grin
seriously mr bro, i was dumbfounded when she came with the issue. Men, i just told her she has to learn to cope o as she cannot divorce her husband. But being educated she was telling me about womens rights and how court can restrian the husby. na that one bring me come nairaland. i tire o.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nkeon: 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

i have to disagree with you on some few points you made:
- this woman is indeed punishing this man (whether on purpose or not) simply because she knows what he needs from her, and she is not able/willing to give him. thats not entirely her fault but she still has her part to take in this issue.

- some women do have energy for such.......... and if you go back to the threads on NL, you will find a lady that was complaining about her husband not mounting her as often as she wanted it (everyday).

- there is no such thing as a sex slave or a wife. a wife SHOULD be someone who satisfy her husband's every needs (and vice versa), and therefore could/should be able to provide sex 7 days a week, if thats the man she married.

- you speak about the wife unhappiness as if the husband was happy NOT getting his daily sex? haba, the husband is also unhappy and want to BE HAPPY thats why he demands for his drug (aka sex).

- there is NOTHING wrong with having sex everyday.......hell, thats what mostly happens when people first get together. the catch is that , for most, the intensity rubs off, while some like the OP keeps wanting for more. this is why SE:XUAL COMPATIBILITY is very important in marriage. sex should be emotional AND physical, and therefore the two are highly needed. you cant take one away and expect your spouse to be ok with it, just because YOU are.

Of course there is nothing wrong with having sex everyday. Sex is great but most people do not have energy or are in the mood for it everyday in the long run. Many couples that start off having daily sex gradually decrease frequency over time. That's perfectly normal. But if you are able to go on doing da ting daily then good for you. Bang all night long. But the point here is that she DOESN'T want it everyday and he does. He doesn't need it everyday, he wants it. Key distinction.

You are saying that I have not acknowledged the husband's unhappiness and needs. Well he's getting them because he is raping his wife and yes I find it hard to think about the needs of a man that forces his wife to have unwilling sex. Had rape not been in the picture then my view would be different but it is so this is a different level. If the gender roles were reversed then I my sympathy would shift to the husband.

A wife should be able to satisfy her husband's needs within reason and vice-versa. Sex is not something that should be done without consent so if she doesn't want it daily then no she shouldn't be forced to just because he wants it. A loving husband would talk to his wife and understand her.

As we both have stated this is why sexual compatibility is so important.

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ediemafio(m): 4:52am On Nov 08, 2013
So it it ok for d woman to have it when she wants it,but it becomes ra.pe if the man demands it when he wants it..Women,u c una life.
Anyway,that rubbish will never happen in Nigeria,marriage is a contract between man and woman and the most eminent reason for marriage is grossly dependent on se.x,how then can a man molest his wife.Just as a man cannot shy away from his reponsibilities as the father of the house,women shld learn that being available for their man at all times is their number one role.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by i1: 6:45am On Nov 08, 2013
Unfortunately for the lady She can only make an arrangement with her husband as to Schedules for the lovemaking.
There is no Law in Nigeria that can punish a Husband for having intercourse with his wife whether forcefully or consensual!
Its trite that a husband cannot be found guilty of molesting his wife except the couples have gotten an order for judicial seperation.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Kuic: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
i hav a questn which bothers on sexual compactibility,when wld d couple know they are compactibile?before or after d marriage?sex before marriage na wahala!then d pple marry finish,compactibility con enter,and divorce in dis case is a no go area,dis marriage thing sef na wa!

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 2:32am On Nov 10, 2013
i.:
Unfortunately for the lady She can only make an arrangement with her husband as to Schedules for the lovemaking.
There is no Law in Nigeria that can punish a Husband for having intercourse with his wife whether forcefully or consensual!
Its trite that a husband cannot be found guilty of molesting his wife except the couples have gotten an order for judicial seperation.
dont be too sure. i have heard of a court case in this nigeria, alakuko to be precise where the wife sue her husband to court saying she wanted divorce that his thing was not big enough and she was not satisfied. and the husband, nigerian man, was in court too to defend himself. You can imagine the drama the embarrassment. husband told court that it is his wife that can determine the right size of thing that can satisfy her. after all there are differnet men with different sizes. infact, i cant laugh.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 10, 2013
Op, let me ask this;
Can a husband sue wife for rrape?
Abi u ve not heard of wives rraping their husbands?
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by EfemenaXY: 6:30am On Nov 10, 2013
Oh, I don't know... this thread get as e be jare.

If a man wants sex and the wife doesn't, he can force her to get what he wants if he's that desperate (not ideal - it's wrong).

On the other hand, if the woman wants sex and the husband doesn't, she can't force herself on him though, can she?

What an unfair world!

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 10, 2013
Efe, that is exactly why I asked @op that question.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by EfemenaXY: 6:42am On Nov 10, 2013
^^ Yeah, but a woman can't r ape her husband though, can she?

It's his choice to get that thing standing to attention or not.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by ona2: 6:52am On Nov 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Op, let me ask this;
Can a husband sue wife for rrape?
Abi u ve not heard of wives rraping their husbands?
you cant find a husband sueing his wife for rape. men are more prone to being aggressive and it is only when a woman wants to deal with a man do you find cases of rape. usually, the man is not always her husband.
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 10, 2013
dasparrow:

Some don't only have everyday, they go up to 3 to 4 rounds per night. grin
They other time someone was complaining on why his partner don't like giving him 3 rounds per night.
Chai

Orishirishi
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by EfemenaXY: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2013
ona2: you cant find a wife sueing her husband for rape. men are more prone to being aggressive and it is only when a woman wants to deal with a man do you find cases of rape. usually, the man is not always her husband.

Your response is confusing. Do you mean to say that: You can't find a husband sueing his wife for r.@pe?
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by EfemenaXY: 7:04am On Nov 10, 2013
Chillisauce:

Some don't only have everyday, they go up to 3 to 4 rounds per night. grin
They other time someone was complaining on why his partner don't like giving him 3 rounds per night.
Chai

Orishirishi

Lol! Probably for newly weds na! Or those without kids (yet). cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 10, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Lol! Probably for newly weds na! Or those without kids (yet). cheesy cheesy

He got a baby already, that's why he was complaining.

As per post, no one will treat her case in Nigeria. EOD
Re: Can A Wife Sue Her Husband For Rape? by EfemenaXY: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2013
^^ Lol!

Even if they were to take her seriously and rule in favour of her in a court of law, how will they enact it?

Will they assign someone to keep watch over the couple at night in their bedroom? Or will they device and attach a Konji-meter to the man's abuna? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Sisters Harrased By Men On A Public Bus In India Fight Back. / Should She Call Of The Wedding? / Benefits Of Scent Leave To Your Spiritual Life....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.