Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse (838 Views)

How Can Instal Peachtree Software On My PC / Java Devs, Which Do You Prefer? Eclipse Or Netbeans? / Netbeans Vs Eclipse Vs Jboss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse by jboy01(m): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2013
Pls am using eclipse in coding a small application that involve connection to database, pls how will I instal jdbc mysql driver on my eclipse?
Re: How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse by talk2hb1(m): 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
If the database involved is MYSQL just google for jconnector, or google for other java database drivers. its an installer on its own it has nothing to do with eclipse for otber
Re: How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse by codeaddict(m): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
jboy01: Pls am using eclipse in coding a small application that involve connection to database, pls how will I instal jdbc mysql driver on my eclipse?
Still need directions?
Re: How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse by jboy01(m): 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
codeaddict:
Still need directions?
Yeah because I already have mysql installed for my vb.net, I also have jcreator( about 5.1 megabyte) installed. But it is still not working
Re: How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse by codeaddict(m): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
jboy01:
Yeah because I already have mysql installed for my vb.net, I also have jcreator( about 5.1 megabyte) installed. But it is still not working
Get the sql connector for java, preferably the zip archive.
Whenever you need to connect to a database in Eclipse IDE, you'll need to include the mysql-connector jar file (could be found on the zip archive) in the Build path for your project.
Or you could copy the jar file and paste on the lib/ext folder where you installed your jre.
Re: How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse by Nov1ce(m): 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
jboy01: Pls am using eclipse in coding a small application that involve connection to database, pls how will I instal jdbc mysql driver on my eclipse?
Hiya!
The way you use MySQL with Java is slightly different from VB.NET. You don't perform installation of drivers like you do in VB.NET (e.g. MySQL-Connector-NET).
In Java you use the MySQL-Connector-Java.jar file as an API in your project (so you physically have to copy this file to your "lib" folder in your project folder).
Attached is an image of a Java class showing how you use the library to connect to your DB and run queries after you've successfully added the MySQL jar file to your classpath.

Re: How Will I Instal Jdbc Mysql In Eclipse by jboy01(m): 2:53am On Nov 09, 2013
Thank you very much guys! I followed the step stated by codeaddict by copy d com-mysql-jdbc.jar into the jre lib/ext. And now I can connect to my database.
Thank you once again.

(1) (Reply)

The Rockefeller Foundation Invests $500,000 Into Ajegunle.org Project In Nigeria / How To Runs Code And Project ? / Here Are Top Ways For A Mobile/Web Programmer To Build Passive Income Streams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.