Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? (863 Views)

Satan Called A Worldwide Convention Of Demons / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
Why is Satan called "the god of this age"?

In the Bible Satan is called “the god of this age” (2 Corinthians 4:4) and “the prince of this world” (John 12:31; 16:11), which begs the question: In what sense is Satan a god and a prince? First, Satan is not God’s equal. Rather, according to Scripture, Satan is a finite, created being (Colossians 1:16). He was the first sinner (1 John 3:8; Revelation 12:7–9) and will one day be cast into the lake of burning sulfur for all eternity (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10; cf. 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6). Thus, Christians need not fear the god of this age, for “the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world” (1 John 4:4). Furthermore, Satan, whose name means “adversary,” is the god of this age in that he is the supreme exemplar of evil. In the words of Jesus, “He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies” (John 8:44). Indeed, all the sin of the world is patterned after Satan: “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning” (1 John 3:8 ). It is he “who leads the whole world astray” (Revelation 12:9). Finally, Satan is the de facto ruler of all who willingly subject themselves to his masterful deceit (2 Corinthians 4:4; 11:3). If we do not belong to the God of the ages, then we are of Satan—the god of this age.
--Hank Hanegraaff | The Complete Bible Answer Book

For further study, see Hank Hanegraaff, The Covering: God’s Plan to Protect You from Evil(Nashville: W Publishing, 2002). http://www.equip.org/bookstore/the-covering-2/

"This is what the LORD says––Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God" --Isaiah 44:6.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by teniyi(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
Another junks from the Biblos!
The God that I serve is a God of all ages.
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
God keeps losing. grin one day angel Michael go knack am for dat heaven. grin
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
teniyi: Another junks from the Biblos!
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Your god, satan, had been defeated 2,000 years ago on the cross. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Your god, satan, had been defeated 2,000 years ago on the cross. shocked

All that one na for cartoon. Try am for real life make we see.
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Dare mention the name of JESUS when next you see your master and see what will happen. cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
teniyi:

Another junks from the Biblos!

Can you throw more light into what you've stated above?
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2014

Why have you gone from aManFromMars to a nobody? undecided
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2014

As you can see, aManFromMars is no more. tongue
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

As you can see, aManFromMars is no morel tongue

Just like the rest of them 'lld be no more....

The list is too long. So I'll spare writing out their names.
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Ajuaya reminds me of the orientation camp back in the days. grin
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Ajuaya reminds me of the orientation camp back in the days. grin

Yeah!... NYSC.. we'll name's gonna change soon..; Talkin' 'bout the one you saw..
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

OLAADEGBU:
As you can see, aManFromMars is no more. tongue

Una papa!!!! tongue
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Yeah!... NYSC.. we'll name's gonna change soon..; Talkin' 'bout the one you saw..

It took me time before I discovered that those rookies meant to say, "As you were." cheesy
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
musKeeto:

Una papa!!!! tongue

Are you saying that you are the last man standing? undecided
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that you are the last man standing? undecided
Same manfrommars. I see you still take that storybook serious. Grown man in love with his toys and imaginary friend.
Re: Why Is Satan Called "The God Of This Age"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27am On Sep 16, 2014
musKeeto:

Same manfrommars. I see you still take that storybook serious. Grown man in love with his toys and imaginary friend.

What happened? Did they kick you out of Mars only for you to come back reincarnated as a mosquito? shocked

(1) (Reply)

SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION TB Joshua’s Special Message To Pastors Facing Hard Times / Branch Of Mfm Where Pastor Is Not Afraid Of Witches / Censoring GOD In Subtitles On DSTV As Gxx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.