Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency (16520 Views)

Dakuku Peterside Appointed As DG Of NIMASA / Aliyu Yahaya-Gusau Appointed As DG Budget Office / Amaechi Tipped As DG Buhari Presidential Campaign Office As Party Zone VP To S/W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by ocelot2006(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
Røtten_egg: Not a tribalist but when it comes "intelligence", i'd give it to the yoruba dude anyday...

So other tribes are dummies, abi?

An Igbo man, Lt. Gen Ihejirika, who by the way graduated among the top 3 in his graduating class at the prestigious National War College, is reposible for transforming the Army to a proffessional COIN and Counter-Terror force. But I guess he's a mugu.

An Efik man currently heads the SSS, one of Africa's most seasoned domestic intelligence service/agency. But hey, he's a dummy.

A hausa man, Maj. Gen. Sarkin Bello, is the brain behind the nation's counter terrorism effort, but I guess he is a buffoon in your books compared to your yorubas.

Yes a yoruba man currently leads the NIA, but so did a South-South man, Diette Speif, who not only lead the NRO and the NIA later, but equally the SSS. Hell, I consider that man a living legend in the intelligence services. But I guess his intelligence won't stand that of a yoruba man, abi?

You, sir, are a tribalist.

4 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
nutty_hnic:

My Dear.......Nigeria has attracted to much attention with regards to our security.

What has been prevented??

They enter SCHOOLS, CHURCHES, MOSQUES, even UN Building the other time...Attacked Eagles Square.
What is left?

Whatever they do now wouldnt shock any one......they ve Killed Children, babies, mothers, hundreds of them.
What has been prevented??

Infact, even OUR president believes we have to pray and its Nigeria's Turn.
blame the political class not security Operatives, azazi's case is a clear example. You need to speak with these guys (SSS) to feel their frustrations on where reports and intel ends up,TRASH CAN
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by mkoabiola: 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
Obiagelli:
i have got to agree with you on the bolded, our institutions are near dead except for a few like the SSS, if the SSS works then i guess the NIA should be as effective. Question is what happens to the intel gathered? They end up like every white paper committee, simple as ABC.
U seems to knw abt d intelligence/security agency.
D truth is dat dey ar very secretive,
Also,d security instituitons has been polticised,jus lik azazi dd.
He spoke d truth and he was fired.
He told gej to arrest buhari for questioning but gej bt was afraid ,it is 1 of d leakages in intelligence agency.
But do u knw wen dey will b recruiting ,
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
Obiagelli:

I am not sure we want this to happen, if you remember how much effort it took the kennedys to clip the wing of the CIA ( they bay of pigs invasion) comes to mind. There has to be a balance.

this is our exact problem.
Hmm, One day is gonna be one day when we gonna make our nation proud and sing a song of Real Joy !!

Twas great here !!
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by NigerianAsshole(f): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
we have an intelligence agency? or is there another country called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Diasporan(m): 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
mko abiola:
U seems to knw abt d intelligence/security agency.
D truth is dat dey ar very secretive,
Also,d security instituitons has been polticised,jus lik azazi dd.
He spoke d truth and he was fired.
He told gej to arrest buhari for questioning but gej bt was afraid ,it is 1 of d leakages in intelligence agency.
But do u knw wen dey will b recruiting ,
The NIA hardly recruit openly.Before though don't know if the system has changed the best way to get in is to have a real backing of a strong politician who will give the DG a direct call and introduce himself before making him know his request.Various factors will aid you to get in.First is to get the personal phone number of the DG which is not easy to get.If you or your high wired politician can get his number you are a step close to getting the job.secondly is the ability for the politician to put real pressure on the DG cause there is every likelihood he would tell him they are not recruiting but he will let him know whenever they are but this he will never do.so much pressure and networking can make him eventually change his mind.Thirdly you must be intelligent and a critical thinker.Their pay and incentives will make you almost go mad.It's indeed a nice agency to work in.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Dpeacemaker101: 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
yemmy_tee: Jonathan Again
what is your reason for the abuse now?
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by ocelot2006(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
Diasporan:
The NIA hardly recruit openly.Before though don't know if the system has changed the best way to get in is to have a real backing of a strong politician who will give the DG a direct call and introduce himself before making him know his request.Various factors will aid you to get in.First is to get the personal phone number of the DG which is not easy to get.If you or your high wired politician can get his number you are a step close to getting the job.secondly is the ability for the politician to put real pressure on the DG cause there is every likelihood he would tell him they are not recruiting but he will let him know whenever they are but this he will never do.so much pressure and networking can make him eventually change his mind.Thirdly you must be intelligent and a critical thinker.Their pay and incentives will make you almost go mad.It's indeed a nice agency to work in.

Guy, it's not that good. Yes you get to see the world and the pay may be decent, but the risks exceeds the reward, particularly for field officers. And I'm not sure most people may want to make the sacrifices demanded by the NIA.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by baby124: 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
NigerianAsshole: we have an intelligence agency? or is there another country called Nigeria
grin grin grin
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
Capnd143: are u daft or ur just ignorant? Have you ever seen a military man being a director of CIA, cia of all organisations? Yet you want a warhawk or military dude with perhaps no diplomatic sense to head a diplomatic intel agency? Anyone must be daft to think you are not daft.

The problem with you is that you think you are well exposed but you are the biggest fo.ol on Nairaland.... Must you talk, when you you know what you say will expose your stupidity. Mind you, you are so ignorant and too daft to know that the last director of CIA was a gallant US army general. His name is Gen David Petraeus. You dont even watch news. you are one of the product of a failed education system. My kid sister in Primary 5 knows that Gen David Petraeus was the past director of CIA, but an old f.ool like doesnt know, and you are here talking rubbish. i.diot
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by mkoabiola: 12:24am On Nov 09, 2013
I understand ,d jjob involve a lot of risk.
Dere's no job(s) dat doesn't invlove 1 rsik or d othere,it all abt determination and committment.
As for me ,if I can get d link am gud 2 go,
Leave d risk for me,God is my guard and guidance.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Diasporan(m): 1:47am On Nov 09, 2013
ocelot2006:

Guy, it's not that good. Yes you get to see the world and the pay may be decent, but the risks exceeds the reward, particularly for field officers. And I'm not sure most people may want to make the sacrifices demanded by the NIA.
Bro you are right as pertaining the risk involved in the job but there are a lot of jobs that involves huge life threatening risk but that won't chide one from taking up such job provided he or she really knows what the job entails and have passion for such job.BTW You seem to know much about the system.... cool
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by cuteboy2: 3:58am On Nov 09, 2013
cheesy

@yemmy ode: it takes a daft to spot one. Deal with your low self esteem and don't project it on others. Mtcheeeew.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by ocelot2006(m): 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2013

slowpoke.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by cuteboy2: 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
nutty_hnic: Wow...this is good to know. We have a National intelligence Agency.

where do they get their "intel" from? Newspapers?

Even a newspaper vendor has more intel about the happenings in this country than these bunch of clowns.

And how did you come to this infantile conclusion? Why do we have this deep seated proclivity to disparage everything local, whilst idolizing everything foreign?
The fact that you are ignorant about what they do doesn't mean they are not doing useful work.
You have just read in this thread confession of many people that they didn't know this agency exists. This is a very good sign because the activities of this agency should be clandestine. Until recently Israel did not even admit the very existence of MOSSAD. It's Director is never publicized. Please educate yourself about things you have little knowledge about. If you don't know, ask. There is no shame in asking.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by gabng(m): 12:02am On Nov 10, 2013
crackhaus: What exactly is the job description of the NIA, and why is an ambassador with no experience in military, logistics or intelligence being made its DG

A very complicated reason which at the end makes no sense at all.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by SaintEddie: 1:05am On Nov 10, 2013
NIA is an intelligence organisation responsible providing intelligence of security interest about the happenings in the outside world for the country Nigeria. An ambassador is given because they work as either ambassadors or attachee to high commissions or embassies. They are like the US CIA. They work like the SSS but mainly outside Nigeria.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 10, 2013
cute-boy:

And how did you come to this infantile conclusion? Why do we have this deep seated proclivity to disparage everything local, whilst idolizing everything foreign?
The fact that you are ignorant about what they do doesn't mean they are not doing useful work.
You have just read in this thread confession of many people that they didn't know this agency exists. This is a very good sign because the activities of this agency should be clandestine. Until recently Israel did not even admit the very existence of MOSSAD. It's Director is never publicized. Please educate yourself about things you have little knowledge about. If you don't know, ask. There is no shame in asking.

NIA wouldnt admit their existence cos they do nothing!!
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by ocelot2006(m): 9:42am On Nov 10, 2013
nutty_hnic:

NIA wouldnt admit their existence cos they do nothing!!

Secrecy is their watchword, dumba$s. You dont expect them to operate the same way the police and SSS do. When the NIA was busy hunting down Boko Haram militants in the deserts of Mali and partook in reppelling the Islamic militants onslaught in Bamako before the French arrived, was that nothing? When the same NIA exposed the French's involvement in the Bakassi crisis, was that also nothing.

This agency operates in the shadows, slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 10, 2013
ocelot2006:

Secrecy is their watchword, dumba$s. You dont expect them to operate the same way the police and SSS do. When the NIA was busy hunting down Boko Haram militants in the deserts of Mali and partook in reppelling the Islamic militants onslaught in Bamako before the French arrived, was that nothing? When the same NIA exposed the French's involvement in the Bakassi crisis, was that also nothing.

This agency operates in the shadows, slowpoke.

you really couldnt prove your point without insulting me, whats the point then?
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by ocelot2006(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
nutty_hnic:

you really couldnt prove your point without insulting me, whats the point then?

My point is simple: little airheads like u without any clue of their own nation's security services should refrain from posting garbage on nairaland. kapish?

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
ocelot2006:

My point is simple: little airheads like u without any clue of their own nation's security services should refrain from posting garbage on nairaland. kapish?

Went thru your post and realised that you probably are one of gej's lapdog.
I dont expect you as his lapdog to see a problem with the nations security......havent i made my self clear enough id.iot....

NIA or not, the country lacks security...but of course you dont see this... your justification and glorification of mediocrity will take you lot no where...f.ucking a.sswhipe
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by ocelot2006(m): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Went thru your post and realised that you probably are one of gej's lapdog.
I dont expect you as his lapdog to see a problem with the nations security......havent i made my self clear enough id.iot....

NIA or not, the country lacks security...but of course you dont see this... your justification and glorification of mediocrity will take you lot no where...f.ucking a.sswhipe

So you've gone through my profile. Clap for yourself. Now a question for you Mr buffoon: did I at anytime mention that our security services are perfect or even near-perfect? Feel free to respond with proof. If not, I suggest you stick to what you know best......you know, skelewu, nollywood movies and other things that attracts you kids. Ewu gambia.
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
ocelot2006:

So you've gone through my profile. Clap for yourself. Now a question for you Mr buffoon: did I at anytime mention that our security services are perfect or even near-perfect? Feel free to respond with proof. If not, I suggest you stick to what you know best......you know, skelewu, nollywood movies and other things that attracts you kids. Ewu gambia.

Seriously?? Did you just insinuate that cos thats what you do, nollywood nd all...u are just a fu.c...ing perverted m..oro.n who thinks every one else is d.um.b cos of d insignificant info u stuff your septic skull with.....get to the real world dude......soon u would stop leaving with ur daddy, tell me were you will get all ur "classified info" from...id.iot
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by ocelot2006(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Seriously?? Did you just insinuate that cos thats what you do, nollywood nd all...u are just a fu.c...ing perverted m..oro.n who thinks every one else is d.um.b cos of d insignificant info u stuff your septic skull with.....get to the real world dude......soon u would stop leaving with ur daddy, tell me were you will get all ur "classified info" from...id.iot

Awwwww.....lil buffoon is butthurt grin . Why dont you take your broke-a$& home and go cry to your mommy? Also ask her to book an english class for you, dimwit.

Btw, you read my profile and think you know jack about me? Now most people claim to be what they're not online. But one thing's certain boy: I'm more than capable of paying for your upkeep (school fees including) over and over. Now buzz off dimwit. Go on....off to mommy..

Idiota grin
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
ocelot2006:

Awwwww.....lil buffoon is butthurt grin . Why dont you take your broke-a$& home and go cry to your mommy? Also ask her to book an english class for you, dimwit.

Btw, you read my profile and think you know jack about me? Now most people claim to be what they're not online. But one thing's certain boy: I'm more than capable of paying for your upkeep (school fees including) over and over. Now buzz off dimwit. Go on....off to mommy..
q
Idiota grin

only a fooo..oool will boast about his financial status online..for a second i thought you were smarter than this..

...your $75 is deceiving you bah??

you have got no idea
Re: Ayo Oke Appointed As DG of National Intelligence Agency by Kponkwem(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
This is one of the worst choices our President have made. Why appoint someone from same zone, state and LG with his predecessor in a sensitive national security organisation? Is the President out to breed bad blood or to continue the pacification of south west? What happened to Mr Nwana, who is clearly among the most thorough professionals in the fold?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Challenges Opposition To Present Both Buhari And Atiku Against Jonathan. / Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi Deworming A Child (Photo) / Nigeria School Food Scheme Revolutionising Education- Aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.