Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves (19626 Views)

50 Contractors In Kano Detained, 40 Die Over Kwankwaso's Failure To Settle Debt / APC Moves To Stop Pdp’s Plot For Senate President / Kano State Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
The Kano State Commissioner for Education, Alhaji Farouk Iya, has resigned his appointment in protest against alleged moves by Gov. Rabi’u Kwankwaso to join the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking to newsmen on Thursday in Kano, Iya said he was not ready to dump the PDP for APC.

“It is true that I have submitted my resignation letter to the state governor, because the government is trying to or has joined APC and I am not interested in the APC.”

The governor is my leader and there is nothing wrong between me and him but I will remain in PDP, he said.

The resignation letter, made available to newsmen by the commissioner, reads: In view of the government’s decision to join the APC, I hereby resign from the executive council.

I will no longer be in a position to give you my honest contribution when I have no allegiance to the party.

“This letter comes from my greatest respect.”

It will be recalled that Kwankwaso, recently received leaders of the APC in Kano, who were wooing him to dump the PDP and join the new party.

(NAN)

http://www.punchng.com/news/commissioner-resigns-over-kwankwasos-apc-moves/

3 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by opalu: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
When d 3 biggest economies are with APC (lagos, kano and PH), then i pity the PDP.
I think real advisers who can look Mr president in the face and tell him the truth are lacking. What we seem †̥☺ have are food-is-ready advisers who tell him what he wants †̥☺ hear.
Or else Ђ☺w would U̶̲̥̅̊ allow kano †̥☺ slip out of your hands just less than 2 yrs of getting it frm the same APC (anpp)?
Why shld d political jobbers say Ameachi can decamp when he has openly showed sign of returning †̥☺ mainstream pdp: he welcomed mr president, flew in his jet, danced at d funeral of madam fyneface etc. Bad counsel may cancel GEJ's return

26 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by jmaine: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
Interesting stuff . . . The so called wooing rituals by the big wigs of the APC was a well acted script after all grin.

I wish all the renegade G-7 governors the very best in APC cool
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by jmaine: 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
opalu: Why shld d political jobbers say Ameachi can decamp when he has openly showed sign of returning †̥☺ mainstream pdp: he welcomed mr president, flew in his jet, danced at d funeral of madam fyneface etc. Bad counsel may cancel GEJ's return

Damn!! You are so naive to the politics of our time grin

20 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by opalu: 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
jmaine:

Damn!! You are so naive to the politics of our time grin

As a sensible person that I assume you are, you would have given your viewpoint rather than just resorting †̥☺ name-calling.
I grew up in politics OF OUR TIME - mind u

7 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by taharqa: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
opalu: When d 3 biggest economies are with APC (lagos, kano and PH), then i pity the PDP.
I think real advisers who can look Mr president in the face and tell him the truth are lacking. What we seem †̥☺ have are food-is-ready advisers who tell him what he wants †̥☺ hear.
Or else Ђ☺w would U̶̲̥̅̊ allow kano †̥☺ slip out of your hands just less than 2 yrs of getting it frm the same APC (anpp)?
Why shld d political jobbers say Ameachi can decamp when he has openly showed sign of returning †̥☺ mainstream pdp: he welcomed mr president, flew in his jet, danced at d funeral of madam fyneface etc. Bad counsel may cancel GEJ's return
Why is it bothering you? Why are you taking APC capsule for anoda pesin wahala??

4 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by tosin2013: 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
opalu: When d 3 biggest economies are with APC (lagos, kano and PH), then i pity the PDP.

True talk! Some ppl are hellbent on pushing gej to d self destruct button. All those who dismissed ameachi after he won d NGF elections saying he's dead must b scratching their heads as of now!
Do not underestimate d power of these Guvnors

3 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by jimmysho(m): 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
hmmmmm. He is doing so in order to become a strong stakeholder in PDP. Nothing like courage but I see him a political opportunist who is trying to climb high on the ladder. This seem to me as a perfect timing because other people will join him in the crusade and he will be seen as a arrow head of rebellion against his former boss.

5 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by opalu: 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
jimmysho: hmmmmm. He is doing so in order to become a strong stakeholder in PDP. Nothing like courage but I see him a political opportunist who is trying to climb high on the ladder. This seem to me as a perfect timing because other people will join him in the crusade and he will be seen as a arrow head of rebellion against his former boss.

U̶̲̥̅̊ nailed d point!
Another Wike in the making

3 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by opalu: 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
taharqa: Why is it bothering you? Why are you taking APC capsule for anoda pesin wahala??

♏Ɣ broda, what happens in our country shld concern us all because if wahala D̶̲̥̅̊εy 9ja (God forbid), everyone everywhere will be affected !
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by dridowu: 7:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
Soldier go Soldier come
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by jmaine: 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
opalu:

As a sensible person that I assume you are, you would have given your viewpoint rather than just resorting †̥☺ name-calling.
I grew up in politics OF OUR TIME - mind u

Dude, if you have been following the recent drama you won't say Amaechi welcoming the President, entering the same craft and show boating in the church in form of deft dance step means loyalty. grin

Amaechi even bragged 2 days ago that despite the threat by Okrika people to stone him, he went , danced very well and came back with nothing happening to him.

So you see, posing and doing the "needful" for the camera doesn't mean they are at peace.

Afterall, during the peak face off, Amaechi still went to welcome GEJ at the Airport before tongue lashing him in an interview in UK.

Look beyond the public stunts of association and under study the ensuing battle of wits among them.

6 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by ibadanfinest(m): 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
If they eventually capture kano I mean the APC, its more like game over for PDP cos of the population of kano+Lag+ph is more than population of more than 10 states, giving that the south west is apc dominated, the east divided some part of the north for buhari, I don't see any miracle here for pdp

5 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by jmaine: 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
ibadanfinest: If they eventually capture kano I mean the APC, its more like game over for PDP cos of the population of kano+Lag+ph is more than population of more than 10 states, giving that the south west is apc dominated, the east divided some part of the north for buhari, I don't see any miracle here for pdp

Lolz . . .E no dey work like a,b,c . . .

11 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
jmaine:

Lolz . . .E no dey work like a,b,c . . .
this one go work like 123

11 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by taharqa: 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
ibadanfinest: If they eventually capture kano I mean the APC, its more like game over for PDP cos of the population of kano+Lag+ph is more than population of more than 10 states, giving that the south west is apc dominated, the east divided some part of the north for buhari, I don't see any miracle here for pdp
You KIDS shld stay off d internet more often, abeg... Take dis to d Bank: GEJ will Win Rivers, with a landslide even (whether there are 1000 Ameachis or not); GEJ would very like Win Lagos, cos of many factors including 'migration' (although with a far lesser % than say Rivers); GEJ would Lose Kano anyday, anytime (even if he likes let him share #1m each to everybody in that state). This whole current Political shenanigans and maneuvarings changes little...

17 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by jmaine: 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
teeo:

Lolz . . .Your dream strong pass Joseph own for bible, only say e no go work . . . grin

3 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by samilo88(m): 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Kano+lag+ph greater than 10 states. Ibadanfinest or whatever pseudonym you give yourself, go to bed you are drunk on fermented ibadan palm wine..

3 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by gramci: 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
We de laugh
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by IGBOSON1: 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
teeo:

^^^Bros, this one no be doh reh me!
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
k
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by israel007: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
Every reasonable person should know this iss a lost cause.

You can't drag GEJ out
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by princeilcity(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
We shall all live long to witness the end of this saga...APC-(Old and New PDP)
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Phee dee phee, phee dee phee, pheee deeee pheeeeeee......how many times did i call you? [size=20pt]Your time is over[/size]!! Nigerians are much wiser now!!

1 Like

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
samilo88:
Kano+lag+ph greater than 10 states. Ibadanfinest or whatever pseudonym you give yourself, go to bed you are drunk on fermented ibadan palm wine..

Actually, by bare numbers alone, Lagos, Kano and Rivers put together have a combined population greater than the populations of the ten least populated states in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by patriotic007: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
PDP has a lot of youths waiting on the bench to get on the political pitch to play,....this G7 has presented an oppotunity for them to play if those Governors dare leave the party for APC,....Even though i hate PDP with a passion i still know they are the biggest party in Africa and i love GEJ,....7 gov leaving will only creat space for others it wont shake the party

8 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by ichommy(m): 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
Am Speechless, 2015 will be hot,
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by Fazhy: 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
Okay ooooo.

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by seunfly: 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
tosin2013:

True talk! Some ppl are hellbent on pushing gej to d self destruct button. All those who dismissed ameachi after he won d NGF elections saying he's dead must b scratching their heads as of now!
Do not underestimate d power of these Guvnors
Pdp people are still naive, this is the time they are supose to restrategise and gear up their game, but them are still carried away with the naive calculation they will win Lagos base on migration ( lagos don't vote base sentiment of Yoruba, igbo or hausas, they are enlithen voters) it is ur work/achievement that will make them vote you. I just laugh with many asumption that many people do. Kano is gone already and i know PH can't vote Apc. All i want pdp to do is step up their game by comisioning laudable project, but all they are doing now is to asume and calculate base on asumption of migration.
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by orobopasiosio(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
i dey watch una.....
Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by theking5: 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2013
Weldone for standing up and telling ur governor what he did was wrong, as for those who say Gej will loose lagos and Rivers, wait till 2015 come and you will see, Amechi is only grandstanding, why all this noise b4 moving to another party, we have seen many governors move b4 to other parties and they didnt make noise about it, D rebel governors are only looking for bargaining tools to get some concessions from d president, bcs they dont want to loose all, but they are making a mistake for even allowing opposition to visit them, bcs now they stand to loose all bcs PDP will not take them serious again. this same apc that is begging kwara gov to join them were cryin few weeks ago that pdp rigged them out in kwara lga election. which means they dont believe in what they say.

6 Likes

Re: Commissioner Resigns Over Kwankwaso’s APC Moves by patriotic007: 10:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
All this fight is just to become president,....Let me ask six simple questions 1.How many states did GEJ fly to consulting before he became president? 2.How many rebel governors group did he form before he became president? 3.How many regional alliance did he form before he became president? 4.How many times did he abuse constituted authority like that of a nations president before he became president? 6.How many times did he clash with the law before he became president?,......YOU SEE GOD MAKES MEN WHO THEY ARE,...up GEJ

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Sacks Ropo Ogunjobi, Arrests Two Others Over Fraud / Herders Registration Begins, NGF, Miyetti Allah Back Akeredolu’s Order / Twitter An Agent Of Division In Nigeria – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.