Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,550 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 - Sports (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 (118561 Views)

Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by katcy4christ: 12:26am On Nov 19, 2013
For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever beliveth on Him should not perish but have evelasting life.The time of the Lord is here,give your life to Jesus and be save.Tomorrow may be too late.
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by Aksimple47(m): 12:27am On Nov 19, 2013
Great game......our nxt match is england
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:33am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by Tinucrown(f): 12:46am On Nov 19, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by AndreUweh(m): 12:46am On Nov 19, 2013
WOW, great atmoshere at the stadium. But Italians outnumbered us. We were even joining their Mexico waves. It was also interesting seeing two Afrcans play for Italy (Ogbonna and Balotelli).
Am sad that Nigerians did not fully fill up the Putney end.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by maclatunji: 12:47am On Nov 19, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: times like this i'm proud to be naijan!! jus read this article http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/italy-2-nigeria-2-two-potential-england-world-cup-opponents-give-hodgson-plenty-to-think-about-8947921.html

I have read this and I think it is a fair report. Nigeria is beginning to have strength-in-depth. The defence's inexperience showed in Italy's equaliser but those boys played their hearts out. Welldone to them.

Shola Ameobi was excellent, he brings a new edge to our attack and I think he should start games against non-African opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by Diasporan(m): 1:01am On Nov 19, 2013
I just wish NFF can set up a friendly date with the England national team.That will be one hell of a disgrace to be given to the Three Lions by the Super Eagles.But i know the English FA won't agree cause they don't want to be messed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by ckc(m): 1:12am On Nov 19, 2013
kay-one:
guys, give it to them. our boys tried by not losing, even taking the lead at some point through spectacular goals. the only place i dont have confidence in is their defence. Yobo might just have to be recalled for WorldCup. Omeruo is injury-prone and shouldnt be relied upon that much. maybe Nedum Onuorah too need a look-in. Oduamadi doesnt deserve making to the worldcup squad
Will Yobo play for ever for Christ's sake? Didnt we all see him at Afon 2013?
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by ckc(m): 1:15am On Nov 19, 2013
kay-one:
guys, give it to them. our boys tried by not losing, even taking the lead at some point through spectacular goals. the only place i dont have confidence in is their defence. Yobo might just have to be recalled for WorldCup. Omeruo is injury-prone and shouldnt be relied upon that much. maybe Nedum Onuorah too need a look-in. Oduamadi doesnt deserve making to the worldcup squad
Nedum Onuoha ke? Sometimes we just mention names arbitrarily.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 1:49am On Nov 19, 2013
Aksimple47: Great game......our nxt match is england
Where u hear dat 1? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by Nobody: 2:02am On Nov 19, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: times like this i'm proud to be naijan!! jus read this article http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/italy-2-nigeria-2-two-potential-england-world-cup-opponents-give-hodgson-plenty-to-think-about-8947921.html

Spot on. I have always been a big fan of Onazi and I'd say his performance today was out of this world. I'll put him in the same class as some of the best midfielders in the world. People are sleeping on that guy.

However, we still need a creative midfielder and add Nacho from under 17 won't hurt that team. He can play infront of Onazi and Mikel, with Mikel playing the same role he plays at Chelsea. Rooney was England's biggest star at Euro 2008 and he was just 17.

Oboabana is a hell of a defender. And I believe the defence should be alright when the young Chelsea lad returns.

Lastly, like I said on a next thread a few weeks ago. Ameobi would add something different to that team. And he proved the doubters and haters wrong today. One assist and one striker's goal despite dropping deep.

They played well overall but people shouldn't get carried away yet. They were only tested in last 30mins when the Italians unleashed their full strength and we all know what happened - our midfield collapsed. And the South Americans would provide something different. We all saw how Chile destroyed England a few days ago.

Anyway, I like this team - just a few improvements here and there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by Nobody: 2:06am On Nov 19, 2013
Diasporan: I just wish NFF can set up a friendly date with the England national team.That will be one hell of a disgrace to be given to the Three Lions by the Super Eagles.But i know the English FA won't agree cause they don't want to be messed.

I honestly doubt England is scared of naij. The three lions always play the strongest African team, before every world cup. It's like a ritual and I believe they will play naij before next year's world cup. I guess that was why Roy was at the stadium.

Naija vs England at Wembley would be epic!!! Looool!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by moonraker(m): 2:23am On Nov 19, 2013
shymexx:

I honestly doubt England is scared of naij. The three lions always play the strongest African team, before every world cup. It's like a ritual and I believe they will play naij before next year's world cup. I guess that was why Roy was at the stadium.

Naija vs England at Wembley would be epic!!! Looool!!!

Lol i concur!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 19, 2013
The 2 goal keepers were absolutely top class.

The full-backs, especially Kwambe, need to defend better. There were many times in which the Italian wingers got past them too easily.

The wingers should be tracking back too. They left the full backs exposed to the rampaging runs of the Italian wingers and full backs.

All in all, the SE performed creditably yesterday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by caprini: 4:36am On Nov 19, 2013
;DAmeobi has answered his critics very well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by Sike(m): 6:26am On Nov 19, 2013
We're Super. We're the Eagle. Hence, we must Fly.
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by abdulahi001: 6:26am On Nov 19, 2013
Who noticed dat d italian coach made 5 substitutions(3 at a time) against a team dat played 2 matches within 72hrs and flown in air 4 6hrs and also use dere Team B to drew 2-2
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 6:29am On Nov 19, 2013
Limaoscar:

no 17 na ogeyi onazi one of the guns that didn't fire tonight,
Huh ?.Guy which match u watch ?.Onazi was one of d best players on d pitch.My man-of-the-match .Na him dey run things 4 dat midfield,mikel has been poor recently.Or are u judging him just 4rm dat miss ?.
He was superb all through.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 6:40am On Nov 19, 2013
If keshi doesnt have any attacking midfielder,he should use Ogu instead of that oduamadi.I swear down ogu na good attacking midfielder with physical presence.That him left foot wicked !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by underscore: 6:40am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by 3ace(m): 6:42am On Nov 19, 2013
ndidibabe: Must you quote the sky sports commentator?
Oopss! Busted!
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2013
naija noni: If keshi doesnt have any attacking midfielder,he should use Ogu instead of that oduamadi.I swear down ogu na good attacking midfielder with physical presence.That him left foot wicked !
Spot on!! Ogu has been impressive so far with the Super eagles. In the world cup, Keshi could field a midfield trio of Mikel, Onazi and Ogu.
Mba should be on the bench, at best. However, where would Igiebor, Azeez or Haruna fit in, if they are invited?
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by babyboy3(m): 6:58am On Nov 19, 2013

England's next match (after today) is Denmark then USA
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by sheylarhh(m): 7:34am On Nov 19, 2013
naija noni:
Huh ?.Guy which match u watch ?.Onazi was one of d best players on d pitch.My man-of-the-match .Na him dey run things 4 dat midfield,mikel has been poor recently.Or are u judging him just 4rm dat miss ?.
He was superb all through.
but he kept misplacing simple passes
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by peter2real: 7:49am On Nov 19, 2013
the match was.entertainin our boys played wat we call football dey were great 3 kudos for naija

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by drealdoc89(m): 7:51am On Nov 19, 2013
safarigirl: yes now, anywhere Naija play, I dey
You like football sha!
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by drealdoc89(m): 7:52am On Nov 19, 2013
safarigirl: yes now, anywhere Naija play, I dey
You like football sha! cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by naijanoni(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2013
sheylarhh:
but he kept misplacing simple passes
Only twice or thrice,which is not bad.He had 85 % pass completion.Mikel was worse.If u should call somebody that was misplacing simple passes,it was MIKEL not ONAZI.
Re: Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 by jimmyroger: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2013
Guys check dis jersy dsigned by a Nairalander for the super eagles. www.nairaland.com/1515935/amazing-super-eagles-jersey-created

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Reply)

How To Fund Bet9ja Account Instantly Without Going To The Bank / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Man United Gets Willian From Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.