Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147616 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 11:09am On Dec 07, 2013
stefikal:

tnks n welkm back...as 4 riding...i nid to buy fuel, make i fit zoom with speed
Don't bother yourself by buying fuel. Mr Akinola has sent Segun 1000 naira worth of fuel, so you can use it.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:12am On Dec 07, 2013
D9ty7:
Don't bother yourself by buying fuel. Mr Akinola has sent Segun 1000 naira worth of fuel, so you can use it.

ermmm...i 4 use am oooo bt dt Segun stubborn, make e no go insult me
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 11:28am On Dec 07, 2013
stefikal:

ermmm...i 4 use am oooo bt dt Segun stubborn, make e no go insult me
hin no go insult you, hin go beat you.[i]
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 11:40am On Dec 07, 2013
D9ty7:
hin no go insult you, hin go beat you.[i]

ah!shocked make him n him fuel park well den
Re: Meant To Be by Dchiefpriest(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
***appears on the tread***hmmm my queen am so impressed,astonished,flabergasted and bewildered at your lexical composture, i say keep it up as i devour your intellectual ingenuity. More blood to ball pen and i urge nd implore you to employ figurativ nd idiomatic expressions to ur work of art, as it spices it up....remeber ama follow follow***walks out of the tread wit back***
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 12:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
Stef,Felicia s a sista to 1 guy lyk dt
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
Dchiefpriest: ***appears on the tread***hmmm my queen am so impressed,astonished,flabergasted and bewildered at your lexical composture, i say keep it up as i devour your intellectual ingenuity. More blood to ball pen and i urge nd implore you to employ figurativ nd idiomatic expressions to ur work of art, as it spices it up....remeber ama follow follow***walks out of the tread wit back***

tnks ChiefPriest, I'll try 2 work on d idioms n figurative expressions as suggested..but e go hard small....since I'm nt rily gud with it...tnks 4 following

D.Ella.luv:
Stef,Felicia s a sista to 1 guy lyk dt

1 guy E no get name...c d gal wan use omo Igbo sense 4 me
Re: Meant To Be by DEllaluv(f): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
stefikal:

tnks ChiefPriest, I'll try 2 work on d idioms n figurative expressions as suggested..but e go hard small....since I'm nt rily gud with it...tnks 4 following

1 guy E no get name...c d gal wan use omo Igbo sense 4 me

wink
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
I want to update, but I need you guys to attempt my question now...na only Ella attempt am...even though she no really answer.

Who do we think Felicia is?
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
Cant remember now
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2013
kingphilip: Cant remember now

we didn't mention her b4 now...just make a rough guess...n tnks 4 endorsing my story...FP tinzzz...we'll get dere

@evrybody: update is ready bt u guyz shld jst make an attempt 2 d questn now...abii shey na because I no include prize
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
She should be the wife Femi is going to marry at the end
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
kingphilip: She should be the wife Femi is going to marry at the end

u see! U've made an attempt, make odas sef cum tlk...#I'm Still Waiting
Re: Meant To Be by Dchiefpriest(m): 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
stef come update ooooo before i cast a spell on u ooooo no dey use dat ur question as excuseooo if i come bk nd u never updatei will .........***disappears angrily***
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
Dchiefpriest: stef come update ooooo before i cast a spell on u ooooo no dey use dat ur question as excuseooo if i come bk nd u never updatei will .........***disappears angrily***

tongue
Re: Meant To Be by chade(f): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
kingphilip: She should be the wife Femi is going to marry at the end
oh oh ooo.....why u talk wetin i wan talk na.......*storms out in tears**
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
chade: oh oh ooo.....why u talk wetin i wan talk na.......*storms out in tears**

awwwww... Kip d answers coming...dere r stil so many options
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
*continued*

“When I got back from school, you kept me waiting, remember?” she asked while he nodded, “so I dialled your number again but it was a man that picked the call.”

my bad!
I hv 2 re-update
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
*continued*

“When I got back from school, you kept me waiting, remember?” she asked while he nodded, “so I dialled your number again but it was a man that picked the call.”

“A man? Why couldn’t it be a chick?” Chuks questioned.
Princess shook her head, “could you be serious for once? He claimed that his nephew stole it from you while you were about to board a bus, I had to go to Mushin to get the phone.” she laughed and continued, “from the explanation he gave, it appears that his nephew is a kleptomaniac and they were just returning from a deliverance session that afternoon.”

“But you were able to locate him easily, right?”
“Not really, I burnt my call credit that day ehn. And I equally had to compensate the man with ₦1500.”

Chuks chuckled, he knew the direction his sister was heading to, “so the long and short of the story is what? Just tell me how much I owe you jooor,” he said.

Princess placed her hands on her chest while acting like she was hurt, “Now thats mean, so you think its only money I know, abiii?”
“I didn’t say such,” Chuks countered, “I’m just taking it to the next level, since I know you’ll still demand for the money.”

“Not even a thank you,” she shook her head, “since you insist ₦5000 is your bill.” she replied while stretching her legs on the table.
“You think I have a job?” he asked, “let me give you ₦2500 jooor.”

“₦2500? No way, make it 4k,”
“Princess, why are you charging me like this now, you are suppose to help me considering the fact that I’m your brother.”
“I’ve tried now, if it were somebody else, I’d have demanded ₦8000.” she shrugged.

“Lets stick to ₦3000, consider the fact that I don’t have a job just the small change Dad and Mum leave behind, abeg now.” He pleaded.
“Oyaaa, 3k it is, when do I get the money?” she asked

“I have just 1k here, I’ll balance you.”
“I resemble mumu?” she asked, “go jare, when you withdraw give me the complete money, no play me wayo.”
“Okay oooo, but thanks. Can I have the phone now?” he placed his hands together in a pleading fashion.

“Sure,” she took the phone from the pocket of her baggy jeans and gave it to him.
“Oh my God! See messages and missed calls in just how many hours.” Chuks shouted, he nudged Princess on her shoulder, “It pays to be a star ooo, see now.” He said while placing his phone screen in her view.

She shoved his hand away, “thats your problem.”

———————

Dami scrolled through her phonebook, she was convinced she had Tinu’s contact. It was strange that she could not find it anymore.

She never really had any mutual friend with Tinu, how would she get the phone number? Tinu had been the leader of a cult back in secondary school, all the members of the cult had been lesbians.

The cult had members within the age brackets of fifteen and fifty. Tinu’s mother was the founder of the cult and Tinu had taken the position of leadership as the eight leader since the cult was established.

When Evelyn and her mother had troubled Dami back in secondary school, Tinu had then come to her rescue. She had been shocked as to why Tinu helped her without demanding for anything but her shock had vanished when Tinu came back months later with her own demands.

They had finished their SSCE exams when Tinu called Dami, she had informed her to help her get the phone number of a lady who worked in a hospital in Dami’s locality.

Dami had gone through thick and thin to get the phone number. Nurse Feyi was a goddess in all respects, the short skimpy gowns she wore at work did not help matters. She had male colleagues swooning over her, even patients that were admitted were not left out. Rumour had it that some people pretended to be sick so she could attend to them.

The problem however was that she was full of herself, even her colleagues did not have her contact. Dami had pretended to be her friend but was not able to get the number till about six weeks after she began her scheme.

When she got the number, she had sent it to Tinu who had then informed her that her debt was fully settled. She had then avoided nurse Feyi as the guilt was killing her, but each time she felt guilty she consoled herself over the fact that Tinu had helped her get out of a bigger mess.

Evelyn and her mother were the biggest problem she had encountered in nineteen years of her life, even her parents never got to know about it.

She had borne the burden on her young shoulders until Tinu and her cult members came to her aid, from the latest developments however it seemed she was destined for trouble with Evelyn and her mother.

She cursed the day she met Evelyn, she cursed the object that brought them together. People wondered why she hated using black pens when writing, the reason was not far-fetched.

The object was a black pen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meant To Be by chade(f): 6:52am On Dec 08, 2013
*Just passing by**
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 12:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
So are we gonna knw the object of dispute in nxt update?
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
kingphilip: So are we gonna knw the object of dispute in nxt update?

Maybe...#shrugs
And btw philip tnks...u knw wat I'm thanking u 4 ryt?
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
stefikal:

Maybe...#shrugs
And btw philip tnks...u knw wat I'm thanking u 4 ryt?
i should i knw soonest we'll get there
Re: Meant To Be by sconp: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
*observing* cool
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
scon-p:
*observing* cool

srzly! Make I pop limca, scon-p
2day way u decide 2 comment, beta go dey ground be dt oooo...tnks

@chade: i sight u jawee... Api new week evrybody
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
Beautiful pple, u guyz shld 4give me oooo...I've bin lazy all day... I just dey comment frm 1 thread 2 d oda,
I tried to write bt my head no gree draft d next chapter...plzz 4give me, I'll update 2mrw.

Meanwhile I'm feeling generous, so back to my question...d 1st persn 2 get Felicia's identity gets recharge card from me...

Note: Offer valid while stock lastgringrin
Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 5:37am On Dec 09, 2013
^^^
do come update sharperly today don reach and as per ur recharge card if nobody get am jst pm me the pin make i load am
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:20am On Dec 09, 2013
kingphilip: ^^^
do come update sharperly today don reach and as per ur recharge card if nobody get am jst pm me the pin make i load am

just finished typing...am gonna update now... I go keep my recharge card oooo frm d situation of tinzzz
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2013
-11-

"Oga we don reach," the passenger seating beside Osagie woke him up.
He woke and joined the other passengers alighting from the bus.
He took a bike that would lead him to his house.

The red coloured sand on the roads were not helping his ride on the bike as his clothes were bent on changing their colours. When the okada rider passed by the government primary school Victor attended, he noticed the changes in the school. The government had changed the gates, painted the school walls brown and yellow, with flowers planted outside the school gate.

He prayed Victor was still doing well in school, he would play with his son when school was over, he probably would come pick him from school. His goal now was to get home and settle whatever scores he had with Omoye.

"Oga, just drop me here. He don do," he said to the okada rider.
The man parked his bike while Osagie got down, he paid his bill and walked into his compound. He looked around his compound with trepidation, something was not right? He wondered what it could be, usually his neighbours sat outside. There was no way one would enter the compound to find it isolated, had the landlady evacuated all the tenants?

He looked at the area where the clothesline was, the line was filled with clothes. He felt relaxed, if there were clothes on the clothesline, that meant the compound was not isolated as he initially thought.

He knocked on his door, on getting no response he concluded that Omoye had gone to her tailoring shop. He brought out his key from his bag and unlocked the door.

Were they robbed? Had the landlady eventually carried out her threat of chasing everybody out? These were some of the questions he pondered on as he unlocked the door, he knew something was wrong from the almost empty room he met.

---------------------

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:27am On Dec 09, 2013
---------------

Princess lay on her bed, the colours of her bedspread were grey with black triangles embedded in the design. She knew it was a weird colour for a girl.

But it was her decision, she wanted to delete anything that reminded her of being a girl, but there was one thing left, she stood and walked towards the standing mirror in her room. Her mum had gotten her the mirror on her eighteenth birthday, she had claimed a woman needs a mirror that can show you who you are, your beauty and your flaws.

Her mum had kept on ranting about the importance of a mirror while Kenny had spent almost two hours checking herself out in front of the mirror. The girl had even got unclad claiming she wanted to see how curvy she was.

Princess hissed, how come she never really knew who Kenny truly was, she mistook her as an angel but learnt the hard way that she was a wolf in sheep clothing.

She brought her mind back to the issue at her hand, she could not discard the mirror since it was her mum's gift to her. Even if Kenny had damaged her girly nature, she would not give her the honour of damaging the bond she shared with her mum.

However the coloured stickers she stuck to the mirror could be eliminated, she tore off a pink sticker of Hannah Montana, it came out after great difficulty but left a white patch on the mirror.

If she continued to remove the stickers, the mirror would have white patches all over and that would give a gruesome sight.

She walked back to her bed and sat on it, she missed her gowns, blouses, pants, skirts, heels. Her mum had packed them into her room when Princess had insisted on burning them. Looking back, she was glad she did not destroy them.

She sighed, her life would not have been messed up. But it was all thanks to Kenny her supposed best friend and Princewill her first love.

--------------------

Femi rearranged the folders in his office, he had to round off with whatever work he had left. He had filled the form and sent it back to the manager.

He would miss his office, his male pals, Sandra even though he had avoided her like a plague ever since he saw her making out with her boyfriend in the office. Halima was equally on the list, the girl was just a wonderful secretary, in the past secretaries that had been assigned to him were not as efficient as Halima was.

He had informed her of his supposed absence from work starting from tomorrow. She had panicked initially wanting to know if something was wrong since she knew of his meeting with the manager, but he had calmed her fears by explaining to her that he was going for his leave which was long overdue. Halima was glad, even though she still had to report for duty, her work load would reduce.

Starting from tomorrow, his journey into boredom would begin. If only he knew what lay ahead of him.

*to be continued*

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by kingphilip(m): 7:03am On Dec 09, 2013
So hope we'll knw wat lay ahead of him later today
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:56am On Dec 09, 2013
kingphilip: So hope we'll knw wat lay ahead of him later today

patience is a virtue dearsmiley...one step at a tymgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.