Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,120 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget (64652 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of The Sky (Taken In Nigeria) / Best Ghost Pictures Ever Taken / Powerful Photos That Tell A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Numbers 10&26 really speak volume. I can easily connect and feel the boy's sorrow, and the man's story.
The vulture boy... Good God! These and a lot more are really thought-provoking. Why ll some folks insist it is the will of God for evil of these magnitude to befall mankind?! No! They must have erred.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Where do I even start?!
I am an emotional wreck right now.
The "Father and the son before and after" got to me deep. The thought of ageing and losing my mom is one of my biggest fears.
"The Child and the Vulture" always gets to me whenever I see it.
"Wait for me daddy", the "Firefighter and the Koala", the "dog at the graveside of his owner" and of course the "Falling Man" at the world Trade center. I kept seeing video images of that on CNN at the time.
God help us all.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by captcochrane(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
so nobody saw d surgeon??
cant really blame u ppl, u dont know wat happens in theatre
anyway he stood for dt long hours, 23!!!
THAT MAKES HIM A LEGEND

5 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Just Plain Beautiful And Touching Pictures...expert photography, beautiful works of art with poignant messages, **teary eyed**
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by nerodenero: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
The picture are thought-provoking. It made me reminisce about life and happenings.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ajanaku2(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
These Pictures would definitely melt the stoniest of Hearts!

And they tell Me there's a most-loving, caring, benevolent, All-knowing, kind "God" up there!

I still think that "God" exists only in their subjective imaginations! In reality, he's non-existent!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ZE: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Starving Biafra children (Nigerian-Biafra war)

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by izzyD(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
these pictures are jus so sad....the faces on those guys on the condom pics is jus priceless
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by gulfer: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
I am deeply touched by the 'VULTURE and the starving child', the vultre is only waiting for the child's last breath.....cry cry cry . LORD have mercy
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
captcochrane: so nobody saw d surgeon??
cant really blame u ppl, u dont know wat happens in theatre
anyway he stood for dt long hours, 23!!!
THAT MAKES HIM A LEGEND
seconded!
plus the dog beside the grave touched my heart!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ZE: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
13 year old Biafran Boy battle ready to defend his father land

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by obi123: 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
chai who dey slice onions for here now

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by niceeric(m): 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Did anyone see d Christians guarding d muslims while praying pic?Dat should normally put an end to d blasphemy and arguments d fanatics of d other religion spew on NL but...well sha..and oh...pic 26....niceeric wept...
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ZE: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
start from nigeria
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Orikinla(m): 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
The most powerful photographs ever taken were the ones in BIAFRA.

Cinematographer Raymond Depardon Biafra, Nigeria August 1968 by Gilles Caron - See more at: http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2013/11/biafra-untold-story-in-pictures.html#sthash.wTU9hI6W.dpuf

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by nutarious(f): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Op Thank you sosossoso Much! Your post was Timely. away from all this tribal things that we are all Guity of. My Heart hurts seeing most of this PICS and just felt like HOW CAN I HELP.sosososo Touching.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ZE: 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Result of starvation policy imposed on Igbos by Nigerian forces 1967-1970

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by vivalavida(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Bookmarking this thread. This must be the best thread i have come across on nairaland. I connect with some of the pictures here

The dog @ the owners grave - When they say the dog is a mans best friend,it is not an exaggeration. I have had a dog as a pet before and untill u do,u will never know the bond a man and his dog pet has. Travel for long and come back,u will witness the unbridled joy with which the dog will welcome u

The father and son - Seeing that pix touched me. I lost my dad last year. A man i loved so much despite all our squabbles and bickering. That picture should have been me and u dad. I love u daddy.Miss you

The doctor in the theatre - yeah my dad was a medical doctor. I have been with him certain times in the theatre when he operated on my 2 younger ones. He was so good that he couldn't entrust his sons to another doctor for mere apendicitis and cushion of the testes. Doctors are heroes

The boy playing that violin also brought a lump in ma throat. He was really in tears. The soldier hugging her daughter after 7months,the man shedding tears @ the news of da brothers death,infact all the pix

Thank you Seun for Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by obi123: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
lets try this guys- when you look at each picture , whats the one word that it describes(to you)

picture 12- Loyalty
picture 30- Hope
Picture 28-Heroic
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by BloggingIq: 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
touching
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by oluwamikkie: 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
Its sad memories!!!!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by CyrusLevi(m): 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
sadI swear i cried. embarassed
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by matnx: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Great and Beautiful post!!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by matnx: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Great and Beautiful post!! Appreciate!!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Infomizer: And we shouldn't forget Kevin Carter's "The Vulture and the Starving Child".
@informzer
U ar a real buzz killer. I tell ya.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
kudos to u@op.this is an awesome post.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ZE: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nigerian solders not bortherd about dying biafra children

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by passionate88: 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Infomizer: And we shouldn't forget Kevin Carter's "The Vulture and the Starving Child".
Heard the photographer committed suicide after he took the picture and went to New York.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ZE: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
You guys are looking for most powerful photos? Start from happenings in nigeria during the biafran war

2 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Malakh: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
why una mind weak like this, e no move me at all, the sorrow of the world worketh death....the most powerful motion picture will have the whole world in awe,fear,dread,joy

2 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Omoaiye(m): 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ema damiduro

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
obi123: lets try this guys- when you look at each picture , whats the one word that it describes(to you)

picture 12- Loyalty
picture 30- Hope
Picture 28-Heroic

Picture 26- sorrow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Studio Where 'Island Fakers' Go To Pose Like They Are In A Private Jet / Your Dope & Unique Graphic Designs @Affordable prices / Amazing! See How A Makeup Artist Transformed This Woman Into An Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.