Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget - Art, Graphics & Video (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget (64661 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of The Sky (Taken In Nigeria) / Best Ghost Pictures Ever Taken / Powerful Photos That Tell A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ccollins(m): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Pictures that touches the heart but I still know there are more powerful ones which we have not seen or the photographers involved was not fortunate.....

The vulture and the starving boy plus the no.30 makes me think a lot of things about this life
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by BanevsJoker(m): 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
It just dawned on me how ungrateful I've been all my life. Please God forgive me.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by 50calibre(m): 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
These pictures stick out for me

This really depicts the horrors of the deadliest conflict in human history.

This is touching, an old man reunited with his tank more that 60 years after he took on the fearsome Germans. His mates are probably all dead, life is indeed a journey, this man's is coming to an end.

A dog is indeed a man's best friend, it's loyalty is touching

18. “The Falling Man.”

This image has been seen around the world, it's one of the long lasting images from that day, I recall seeing this pic one day after the attacks, the photographer probably made loads of money

The beautiful side of humanity.

This guy is probably dead, the Egyptian revolution was a failure.

The brilliance of mankind, this surgeon & his assistant deserved a break

The failures of Africa & the black race
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by DonaldGenes(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Harbosede02: *sobs*

Show us tears or it didn't happen
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by DonaldGenes(m): 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=mykindofperfect] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[/quote

This sort of photos can cause me insomnia, gosh! wish i could be of immense help
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by toocoded: 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
No. 12 did touch me. The depressed dog seems to be very attached to its owner, how sad!
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Monarchmindset(m): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
At one point I thank GOD that I was not born in the 90s(the Biafran war)
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nomso007(m): 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
Definitely the Sunset/Sunrise on mars
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by beau49: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Touching photos....was so moved!

Can sum pls explain dat gas chamber photo 2 me cus I did nt understand it.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by alotofgrace(m): 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
hope for naija

ZOMBIES IN THE BIBLE?
http://abume4life..com/2013/10/zombies-in-bible.html
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by 50calibre(m): 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
beau49: Touching photos....was so moved!

Can sum pls explain dat gas chamber photo 2 me cus I did nt understand it.

Adolf hitler used that gas chamber & many like that across Europe at the time, to murder an estimated millions of Jews.

Jewish men, women & children were ushered inside, & zyklon B pumped in through the vents.

Those lines you see there, were probably made by the fingernails of dying people.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by DonaldGenes(m): 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
Elantracey: Sorry o but ah dont see anythin touchin or powerful in dese pictures

This one probably doesn't have blood flowing in her veins
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by nagoma(m): 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
No 2 and no 9 suggest love as substitute for war. But it no 26 that touched me deeply.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by joelenesleek(f): 12:01am On Nov 29, 2013
The most interesting and heart touching post I have seen and read on this NL.
Me likey 3,6,8,9,12,19,21,22,28,30, the heart- surgeon assistant sleeping @ d corner got me LOL.
@ Op more Power to ur Battery, more Mb to ur Data and high Wifi to ur TECno grin
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nostalgia21(m): 12:17am On Nov 29, 2013
Ediss: What of this
lolz..u funny die
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Tijay90(m): 1:16am On Nov 29, 2013
Honestly,i can't stop crying...
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by petreli08: 1:24am On Nov 29, 2013
madridsta007: A small girl named Ula from Biafra's Igbo people, uses a stick to support herself as she walks in the outskirts of Owerri in Nigeria's rebelling province, Dec 3, 1998. Ula is estimated to be about 6 years old and is one of hundreds of thousands of Igbo children suffering from advanced malnutrition caused by the Starvation Policy of the Nigerian Government. Her weakened body rejects nutritious food.

This picture hangs in the Oxford University War Memorial, United Kingdom.

Image: Dennis Lee Royale

Feel like crying...am deeply sorry
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by youngice(m): 2:34am On Nov 29, 2013
Strange but none of them got me.. Maybe I don't have a heart
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 29, 2013
the dying soldier.

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Unluvable(f): 6:15am On Nov 29, 2013
youngice: Strange but none of them got me.. Maybe I don't have a heart

You should be proud and strive for a medal
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by boss1310(m): 6:25am On Nov 29, 2013
the female soldier that reunites with daughter after serving in iraq and other war pictures
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by yommyuk: 6:30am On Nov 29, 2013
delors:
This was the picture i was looking for. Surprised it doesnt feature on the OP's top 30.
This is one of the most devastating pictures ever taken. Reports had it that the photographer committed suicide few months later because she was haunted by the picture - the thought of a vulture patiently waiting to feed on the dying boy. Good God the boy made it to the food camp.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by yommyuk: 6:31am On Nov 29, 2013
very moving! cry

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 29, 2013
The gas chamber cry. imagine the pain for humans to scratch the walls that way. Hitler angry

1 Like

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by ponana(m): 7:18am On Nov 29, 2013
Really emotional moments except the condom picture which just tried spicing it all up with a bit of humour.
Photography sure depicts awe momentt
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by bank2k4real(m): 7:31am On Nov 29, 2013
Now I know where nokia took their logo...

Can u see dat hand shake?...
Nokia...Connecting people...even the death...

Btw check my signature for the latest xmas PROMO on Nairaland

Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by tempest01(m): 7:59am On Nov 29, 2013
the boy paying violin at his teachers funeral got me the most...then wait for me daddy...and also the man who found out his brother was dead.
Would av been touched by the dead couple in the rubble if I had not seen it before I think.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by farolee(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2013
i fine it difficult to leave this page very emotional and inspiring pic.Inspite of
all our trials and travails in life,seeing this photos will humble one.this what i describle as a talking images.
It's only a fool that will opt for war in any Africa nation.
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by doingreat(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2013
these pics got not a few tears out of my eyes. the world is just a small place all we have to do is make it a better place for every one
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by naffysa(f): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2013
Oh my God
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by doingreat(m): 10:36am On Nov 29, 2013
these pics got me so emotional that i couldnt hold back the tears. we all just have to make this world a better place for you and me
Re: 30 Most Powerful Photos Ever Taken. The Kind You Never Ever Forget by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 29, 2013
FOR THOSE WHO WAS NOT REALLY TOUCHED BY THE PICTURES, I THINK THERE IS A BIG DIS-CONNECT BETWEEN THEM AND THE REAL WORLD. I HAVE SEEN MORETHAN WAS PASTED HERE, I HAVE LIBERIA AND SUDAN CIVIL WAR DOCUMENTARY VIDEOS(I NEVER AGAIN TALKED ABOUT WAR AFTER WATCHING IT), THAT WAS WERE I SAW THE BOY AND THE VULTURE PICS AND MANY MORE. I FELT FOR THE AGONY OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER AND THE REACTION FROM UN, AS FOR THE BOY WHO FOUNDOUT HIS BROTHER HAS DIED,I KNW WHAT HE FEELS because JUST A FEW MONTH AGO I WAS IN HIS SHOES, BEING IN A FAR AWAY INDIA ON A TRAINING AND GET THE NEWS OF MY ELDER BROTHER BEING KILLED BY THE POLICE STRAY BULLET NEARLY RUINED MY TRAINING. ALL THE PICTURES ARE TOUCHING WITH VARYING DEGREES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Studio Where 'Island Fakers' Go To Pose Like They Are In A Private Jet / Your Dope & Unique Graphic Designs @Affordable prices / Amazing! See How A Makeup Artist Transformed This Woman Into An Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.