Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? (18580 Views)

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / How Many Languages Do You Speak Fluently? / How Many Languages Do You Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by chukxie(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2013
Joshpet1: I can speak igbo Yoruba English n pidgin fluently But Chinese Japanese partially undecided undecided

So you speak a little of both Chinese and Japanese. Awesome! I speak Ekpon, a language quite similar to but slightly different from Ika language spoken in Agbor. Also, i speak a little Esan, Ibo, Yoruba and Efik. Other languages I can speak quite well are Chinese and Korean. Although my Korean is really diminishing because there's nobody around me to practice speaking it with. I'm looking forward to learning Japanese smiley
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lacicrips(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's not weird cos what you call Igbo is actually Central Igbo that most people from the Igboid speaking tribes understand but most of them have their own dialect. For example, what you call Igbo is actually not my dialect. There are people from my town that find it hard to communicate in Igbo(central). What i've noticed is that people from Ika, Ukwuani and some parts of Anioma always think the Igbos in the South-East speak the same language. We just addopted that Igbo for easy communication with other Igbo groups. I'm sure you won't understand my dialect easily just as i won't understand Ika or Ukwuani easily.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lacicrips(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2013
OPIA jesus: ok be specific na the place cheesy
Umusadege -originally from Utagba-uno, Etua, but grew up in Ndemili.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Kinterez(m): 7:46am On Nov 10, 2013
I speak english, ibo, yoruba, pidgin, french, latani,dutch fluently and slight spanish n swahilli.. ;DI speak english, ibo, yoruba, pidgin, french, latani,dutch fluently and slight spanish n swahilli..
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by ghaniyu456: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Arabic English pidgin & Yoruba

y
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by solacec4t(f): 7:59am On Nov 10, 2013
English, Hausa, Igbo, Ika, Pidgin and Italian
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Sangarara: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2013
Zairois: a decent amount of Swahili ( Shaba Swahili) and a couple words in french loool
shaba swahili ndio kiswahili gani
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Sangarara: 8:02am On Nov 10, 2013
Kinterez: I speak english, ibo, yoruba, pidgin, french, latani,dutch fluently and slight spanish n swahilli.. ;DI speak english, ibo, yoruba, pidgin, french, latani,dutch fluently and slight spanish n swahilli..
kiswahili umejifunzia wapi
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Wilson10(m): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2013
I speaks Idoma, Igala, Igbo partially, a lil bit Hausa, Nigeria pidgin nd Jamaica patual.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Joshpet1(m): 8:18am On Nov 10, 2013
chukxie:

So you speak a little of both Chinese and Japanese. Awesome! I speak Ekpon, a language quite similar to but slightly different from Ika language spoken in Agbor. Also, i speak a little Esan, Ibo, Yoruba and Efik. Other languages I can speak quite well are Chinese and Korean. Although my Korean is really diminishing because there's nobody around me to practice speaking it with. I'm looking forward to learning Japanese smiley
really!!! I almost forgot to mention korean....Co's i lived all ma young age in Korea also dutish But just baby dutish.. undecidedWhat I'm I saying
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Joshpet1(m): 8:19am On Nov 10, 2013
chukxie:

really!!! I almost forgot to mention korean....Co's i lived all ma young age in Korea also dutish But just baby dutish.. undecidedWhat am i saying
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by laughterclub(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2013
I SPEAK IGBO,CHINESE AND ENGLISH.KEDU=NI HAO OMA=HOW ARE U DOING?
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2013
I cant speak any language grin
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by seangy4konji: 9:16am On Nov 10, 2013
English,Yoruba,Pidgin(But not a fan of it..i only say u deh craze or something deh worry you)A lil hausa,a lil German,Enoo,And one language i speak wen am having sexxx..One language comes frm my mouth.dont know the name but will ask IFA and get back to you.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by richfaxy: 10:17am On Nov 10, 2013
English, yoruba, Hausa, pidgin and French
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2013
I can speak English, pidgin English, Francais fluently, bt ibo n hausa, am nt that fluent with them.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Afam4eva(m): 10:24am On Nov 10, 2013
Castroii: I can speak English, pidgin English, Francais fluently, bt ibo n hausa, am nt that fluent with them.
I want to believe you're Igbo.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2013
ctrl+alt+del:
Anglais,francais et yoruba cheesy
. Ma chérie, comment vas-tu
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
I want to believe you're Igbo.
what makes you think so?
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Afam4eva(m): 10:46am On Nov 10, 2013
Castroii: what makes you think so?
You're probably an Igbo who live or probably grew up in the North.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by djosh4(m): 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
Igbo,English and Russian (Русский)
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by lyricalz: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
Urhobo 85%, yoruba 65%, igbo 25%, hausa 15%, english 100%, warri pidgin 95%, normal pidgin 100%, french 10%, spanish 5%. N dats all.
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're probably an Igbo who live or probably grew up in the North.
nice guess tho, I speak ibo cos am ibo, hausa cos my partenal grand mum is from the north, francais cos my mum is french, so am a product of only God knows...
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Arrow18461(m): 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
Yoruba, English plus my native language. Jst like 'Mr Brown' in 'Meet d Browns', i speak 'GIBBERISH' too grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by chukxie(m): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
westcodes:

Wow, look at the big brains on this fellow... Grammer Nazi

....to look forward to doing sth is correct.
look forward (transitive verb) + preposition 'to' + gerund ( verb +ing).
Eg. I look forward to learning Chinese soon.
I look forward to hearing from you again.
I look forward to hear from you ( is wrong )
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by chukxie(m): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Joshpet1: really!!! I almost forgot to mention korean....Co's i lived all ma young age in Korea also dutish But just baby dutish.. undecidedWhat am i saying

Wow! I hear it's beautiful there. Where did you live in Korea?
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Beey(f): 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sangarara: kiswahili umejifunzia wapi
Naona we Sangarara ni wa kwetu au labda we ni jirani yetu.Haya basi pokea salamu zangu kibao!

1 Like

Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Chamackh(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dominiquez: English, Igbo, French, Nenwe, Zulu and Pidgin
See my bro for here. From Agbada Nenwe
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by ladenz(m): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
English, Spanish and yoruba fluently
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Atyodos: 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
english, hausa, igbo, tiv, pidgin
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by ignis: 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Donpoker9: How many languages can you speak fluently? Even partially. Mine is Igbo and english and pidgin...
Is pidgin a language?
Na wa 4 u oooo
Re: How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? by Fulaman198(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
ignis:
Is pidgin a language?
Na wa 4 u oooo

Nope it is not, but it is funny how many people consider it to be one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Quit Secret Societies - Oluwo Of Iwoland, Akanbi Tells Yoruba Monarchs / Videos And Pictures From Igbo Cultural Festivals. / Emir Sanusi Wants To Stop Poor Men From Marrying More Than One Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.