Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows (852 Views)

The New PDP Campaign Pattern (Photo) / PDP Vows To Recapture Rivers, Edo In 2015 / PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 08, 2013
The New Peoples Democratic Party  on Thursday said it would storm the Wadata Plaza national secretariat of the party to ensure that one of its core members, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, was inaugurated as the national secretary of the PDP.

It said the Bamanga Tukur-led National Working Committee of the party had no reason to delay  Oyinlola’s  inauguration in compliance with  Wedneday’s judgment by the Court of Appeal  in  Abuja  affirming Oyinlola as the authentic national secretary of the PDP.

The New PDP which  has Oyinlola as one of its promoters and current national secretary,  added in a statement by   its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Chukwuemeka Eze, that the verdict had    corrected  part of the anomalies it  had been  complaining  about in the PDP.

It therefore advised the   National Legal Adviser of PDP, Mr. Victor Kwom,  to stop further studying of the judgment   and  ensure  that Oyinlola,  resumed duty  latest by Monday.

Although  the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the PDP , Mr. Ibrahim Jalo,  said   the party would  abide by the court’s   verdict,  its National Legal Adviser, Victor Kwom,   told our correspondent that  the judgment was still being studied.

But Eze, in his statement said, “We received this historical judgment delivered yesterday(Wednesday)  by the appeal court in Abuja through Justice Joseph Tor, with great joy and gratitude.

“We once again commend and congratulate the judiciary for taking a firm stand for the truth in the face of the plot by some unpatriotic elements to cause confusion in the PDP with a view to destroying this great institution which some of us have laboured for many years to build.

“The PDP National Legal Adviser, Mr. Victor Kwom, should stop further studying  of the  judgment which was very clear even to a layman and set in motion, the machinery for the immediate swearing-in of Prince Oyinlola by next week Monday,  November 11, 2013, as he is in a hurry to start the rebuilding of the party.

“Kwom,  who saw to Prof Wale Oladipo’s inauguration as national secretary   within 24 hours after his own court victory should apply the same treatment to the authentic National Secretary of the PDP and stop portraying our party as lawless

by attempting to delay his Oyinlola’s    inauguration  .

“We thank some of the Bamanga  Tukur’s NWC members and most of the members of  staff of the  PDP in the Wadata Plaza national secretariat of the party,  who have called to congratulate Prince Oyinlola and want him to be inaugurated  today(Thursday).

“However,   we have already told them privately  that  that would not be possible as Prince Oyinlola is presently not in Abuja.  Monday,   November 11 , 2013 is okay as the  inauguration  date and we are preparing to storm the PDP national secretariat to claim what rightfully belongs to us.”

He added that  the court of appeal  judgment had shown that the days of  Tukur as the  PDP national chairman  and other NWC members of the  party,  were numbered.

Eze  said that  the  New PDP  hoped  that very soon, its other court cases asking for the dissolution of the Tukur-led NWC would be given   serious attention to enable  its members to  take over the reins of the party and restore it to the path of honour, justice and democratic norms.

He  added  that Oyinlola was ready and determined to rebuild  the party.

Athough   Jalo  said   the PDP would   abide by  the judgment, it would still appeal it.

He   said, “We are still studying the judgment and we are definitely going on appeal. The PDP is a  law-abiding party and we have the utmost respect for the Judiciary.

“The court  has taken a decision and you will agree with me that since this thing began, the President and the National Chairman of the PDP have always respected the position of the law on all issues.

“For now, there is nothing we can do other than to respect the judgment of the court while we go on appeal.”

Before Jalo spoke , Oyinlola had  said the judgment had  vindicated him.

Oyinlola added in  a text message to our correspondent in Abuja,  that  the  verdict had  further reinforced  his belief in the  saying  that “the path of truth may be long; but    its destination is  definite.”

He said,  “’I give glory to God that my stand that I was unjustly removed has been vindicated by the appeal court. The position of the law and the constitution of the PDP on this matter is very clear.

“I don’t want to pre-empt anybody but you would remember that the PDP immediately complied with the judgment of   Justice Abdul  Kafarati which removed me from office, claiming to be a law-abiding  organisation.

“I don’t know if there will be a variance of stand now that the appellate court has ruled in  my favour. But let’s leave other issues for consideration as events unfold.”

Oyinlola said he would resume office as soon as he returned to Abuja from his  Okuku home in Osun State probably next week.

http://www.punchng.com/news/judgment-oyinlola-must-resume-on-monday-new-pdp-vows
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 08, 2013
What this clearly infers is that the nPDP have admitted that they are usurpers. Ewu Mpamas.
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by RoyalRoy(m): 4:22am On Nov 08, 2013
PDP and its bunch of confusionists

So will the nPDP appoint a new Secretary or they will both share Oyinlola?

####****i laugh in gangnam style****###
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by oluakadinma: 4:53am On Nov 08, 2013
this judgement is rather a coy! Will you accept what you rejected? Its just a test of stand to npdp but with their acceptance, it goes a long way to show that they are helpless. Oga Jona, they call you clueless because your method is like futher maths to an art student.
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by xGun: 5:19am On Nov 08, 2013
grin sure †ђξ oldPDP knws wat dey r doin
Nw dat Oyinlola wil b †ђξ national sec. Will †ђξ nPdp stil leave †ђξ party 4 anoda 1?
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by Tolexander: 5:28am On Nov 08, 2013
It said the Bamanga Tukur-led
National Working Committee
of the party had no reason to
delay Oyinlola’s inauguration
in compliance with
Wedneday’s judgment by the
Court of Appeal in Abuja
affirming Oyinlola as the
authentic national secretary of
the PDP.
and the new PDP members have the reason to delay the court's judgement, still parading themselves as the new PDP.
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Okoro2015: What this clearly infers is that the nPDP have admitted that they are usurpers. Ewu Mpamas.

I bet you read the story upside down. Ewu Cameroon
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by lonelydora: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2013
Nigeria! I hail thee.... una no dey fail ooooo.....
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by gbadexy(m): 7:44am On Nov 08, 2013
The new pdp obviously doesn't want to leave pdp.
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2013
teeo:

I bet you read the story upside down. Ewu Cameroon

So far, ur miserable comment is the only dissenting one on this thread. Have you ever seen a fool? Look at the mirror.
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by gerald09(m): 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
Those this show that dey have decided not to join APC again so it time to drop the "New pdp" n "G-7" BS. By monday dat iz!
Re: Judgment: Oyinlola Must Resume On Monday, New PDP Vows by tomakint: 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
The truth is, Oyinlola can only operate under that capacity on the pages of newspaper but in reality he can never be absolved into the REAL PDP this is too sure.

(1) (Reply)

PTF Vs Sure P / Muktarl Should Be Elected The Governor Of Abuja-pix / Asari Dokubo Writes Letter To Obasanjo,calls Him Chief Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.