Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan (1405 Views)

Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / I’m Under Pressure Over Buhari’s Cabinet - Joda / 2015 Election: I’m Under Pressure To Join Kano Guber Race – Gen. Murtala ‘ S Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by JECBOSS: 4:55am On Nov 08, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan
yesterday, admitted that he was
under pressure to seek a second term
in office, saying, over 1665 campaign
groups have volunteered to work for
his re-election in 2015.
The president however said the
pressure notwithstanding, he would
have to wait until 2014 before making
his decision known to Nigerians.
The president’s presumed second
term bid has been the thrust of the
festering crisis in the ruling People’s
Democratic Party (PDP).
He has also consistently reminded
Nigerians that talks about 2015
elections were distractive and would
not comment on such.
But the leadership of the opposition
All Progressives Congress, APC, has
restated its determination to wrest
political power from the PDP.
There will be a change of guard in
2015, the party said yesterday.
Besides, the APC said it was putting
all efforts to ensure that rigging was
stopped at all cost even as the party
raised the alarm that its members
were being deregistered in Anambra
state ahead of the November 16
governorship election.
Regardless, President Jonathan who
spoke through his special adviser on
political matters, Ali Ahmed Gulak
said, even Nigerians abroad are
“burning in unquenchable desire to
return to the country and cast their
votes for the ruling PDP come 2015”.
Speaking yesterday in Abuja at a
meeting of the Elders’ Advisory
Council of the Goodluck Support
Group (GSG), Gulak said, despite the
pressure on his boss, Nigerians
would still have to wait until next
year for the president to decide, even
as he maintained that Jonathan’s
only concern for now was on fixing
the nation’s economy.
He said: “Since our last meeting, we
have received various support groups
being coordinated by the GSG. We
have, as of today, 1665. The last to
visit was the Ochendo Solidarity
Movement from Abia State.
About 150 (groups) of them came to
this office. We discussed. They have
called on Mr. President to declare his
intention. They said that they were
not flattering.
“The President had told the whole
nation that his intention would only
be known in 2014, as he would use all
these years to work for Nigeria and
work for Nigeria and work for
Nigeria”, he added, noting that
Nigerians in the Diaspora had been
enthusiastic about the organisation
when it launched its US branch.
“They told us that they would not
only stick to vote, but they would
mobilize themselves to come back
and register and also ask their
relatives to vote for PDP.
``There is no alternative to President
Jonathan come 2015, based on GSG
interactions with different political,
cultural and religious associations,’’
he said.
The Chairman, Council of Elders of the
GSG, Sen. Ibrahim Mantu, said many
politicians in the country want to be
identified with the good works of
President Jonathan.
He said “many Nigerians are indeed
happy with what is happening at the
moment, everybody want to be part of
the success story of the current
administration,’’ Mantu said.
There’ll be change in 2015 - APC
Reacting, the Interim National
Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Tijjani
Musa Tumsah told Leadership Friday
that “it is regrettable that in spite of
his dismal performance, Jonathan
still wants to run. We are not
bothered”, he continued, “Because we
are sure that there will be a change in
2015”.
http://leadership.ng/news/081113/2015-presidency-i-m-under-pressure-run-jonathan

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by ceo4eva: 4:59am On Nov 08, 2013
Alright..

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by eye4eye: 5:01am On Nov 08, 2013
We are waiting for Jonadunce to declare. Jonathan's Ph.D shows degree from Uni.Port must be cheap. His wife graduated from there too. SMH!
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:28am On Nov 08, 2013
I laughed in Ijaw grin grin grin angry grin grin grinangry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue embarassed
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:36am On Nov 08, 2013
We know Jonathan never takes responsibility for anything but for him to try to tell us even his decision to contest is at someone else's instance is just absolutely infradig. He may as well tell us he's not the president of this country.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by ochilikoko(m): 5:43am On Nov 08, 2013
eye4eye: We are waiting for Jonadunce to declare. Jonathan's Ph.D shows degree from Uni.Port must be cheap. His wife graduated from there too. SMH!
what are you insinuating? Goodluck was,is and will remain d President till Buhari seize to contest..case dismiss

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by IVORY2009(m): 5:45am On Nov 08, 2013
eye4eye: We are waiting for Jonadunce to declare. Jonathan's Ph.D shows degree from Uni.Port must be cheap. His wife graduated from there too. SMH!

o' boy to get admission with dat degree frm Uniport for masters degree na war, even if you make 1st class, if na lie, check world educational services website, na dem they help convert transcript, dey blacklist uniport oooh, for their site, d thing tire me, and most Universities nor wan take eyes see the degree frm der.
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Tolexander: 5:51am On Nov 08, 2013
All na wash!
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Desric(m): 5:57am On Nov 08, 2013
"The last to
visit was the Ochendo Solidarity
Movement from Abia State." "The Chairman, Council of Elders of the
GSG, Sen. Ibrahim Mantu," hahahahahahahahahaha, now I can see the kind of groups that make up the 1665 asking Mr President to run again in 2015. See the face and condition of Abia state and Mantu, then you can as well decide for yourself the significance of these groups being associated with the calling of Mr President to run for a second tenure.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Wsdm: 5:59am On Nov 08, 2013
Abacha's own was 2 million youths eventhough he had lost all goodwill from Nigerians.
Since you are shamelessly squandering our money, and shielding corruption by all might, you can mobilize 10 million youths by 2014.
Please do not ride on ethnoreligious divide again because it won't work..

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 08, 2013
When I saw Ochendo from Abia State, then I understood what presido was talking about.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by nofij(m): 6:14am On Nov 08, 2013
I guess its the same Jonathan that his wife(Patience) and Wike have assumed the duties of campaign managers for him that thinks he will fool us into believing he is yet to make his decision known.
I wish i had the cash, i would not be in Nigeria by even 2014. Bunch of thieves(including Tinubuhari).
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by kokoA(m): 6:28am On Nov 08, 2013
Mr. President , try and throw your doors open to groups who want you not to run and see.. E go be you like film trick dey way wey Aso villa go dey full 24hrs everyday till 2015.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by opalu: 6:47am On Nov 08, 2013
Politicians are never tired of using this same worn-out gimmick.
Must it be thousands of ghost groups, alliances and associations that will tell you what you want †̥☺ do as an adult?
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 08, 2013
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by funnyx(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Nothing new, even Abacha too was pressured and begged to run remember YEAA?

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by gbadexy(m): 7:50am On Nov 08, 2013
Well he wants to prepare our minds gradually.
He has already said he would contest in 2015 in not so much words.
Just that he wants to announce it formally next year .
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Sermwell(m): 7:50am On Nov 08, 2013
S
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by nairaman66(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2013
ceo4eva: Is this another futile attempt to
deceive Nigerians? With nothing on the ground but Ineptitude and Corruption, Mr President is under pressure to contest. I wonder what his campaign slogan will be in 2015? Perhaps, 'another breath of bad air'? Or will it be 'I had no jets'? My fingers are crossed!

The joker would name its 2015 slogan "Fresher Air"... Really funny how Nigerians have been taken for a long ride. I forgot how we got here!!
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by lertee(f): 8:42am On Nov 08, 2013
angry
Politicians be like....

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Omen100(m): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2013
End time Pressure which will at the end turn into a blood pressure if it is not properly manage, please nor ban me o, I am just happy because TGIF is today and I will be hanging out late since wiffy is out of town with the kiddies, although I missed themcry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry, but with all honesty, I need this day for myself. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Madawaki01(m): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2013
If he is been pressured to run,can't he walk?? grin
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Brimmie(m): 8:48am On Nov 08, 2013
Niqqa is a Pvssy.. Run for your Life while you can!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by 99100(m): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2013
More people are beginning to see reasons why come 2015, GEJ must be revoted for.
FRESH AIR TILL 2019!!
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by 3ace(m): 9:52am On Nov 08, 2013
ceo4eva: Is this another futile attempt to
deceive Nigerians? With nothing on the ground but Ineptitude and Corruption, Mr President is under pressure to contest. I wonder what his campaign slogan will be in 2015? Perhaps, 'another breath of bad air'? Or will it be 'I had no jets'? My fingers are crossed!
You wouldn't understand; he's telling the truth but he hasn't disclosed the real pressure he's facing. I've heard about this since January.
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by owobokiri(m): 9:54am On Nov 08, 2013
He must run! The ACN bokoharamic alliance is frightening and a big danger to our people..
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 08, 2013
i hear, i am pressured to go to the white house but i will make my decision before 2015. grin
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by RockMaxi: 10:41am On Nov 08, 2013
Only Yaradua was not under pressure even Obasanjo was under pressure to contest for the third term.
Re: 2015 Presidency: I’m Under Pressure To Run - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
If APC gives Mr Rochas Okorocha the Presidential ticket to run in 2015 there is a tendency that Dr Goodluck Jonathan may lose the election. Anything short of that na wash. In 2015, it's going to be either Mr Okorocha or Dr Jonathan....Aboki should go and shempe...no more born to rule till Jesus come.

(1) (Reply)

Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. / My Appointment Is A Demonstration Of Uduaghan’s Statesmanship —ogboru / Asari Changed To Islam To Be Trained In Libya Terrorist Camp – David West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.