Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. (2469 Views)

The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! / The African Phenotype Diversity Thread / The Hidden History Of White Slavery! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by huxley(m): 9:40am On Jul 14, 2008
I had some friends round my home last weekend for a little party, friends mainly from Nigeria, South Africa and Cameroon; I am from Cameroon myself. In the ebb and flow of conversation I made a comment to the effect that in some parts of Africa the selling of children into slavery is still rife and that the consciousness from the centuries of trans-atlantic slavery appears to have been forgotten and that desperation and destitution is compelling people into acting like they did centuries ago. Granted, this is not a practice unique to Africa, but you would have thought that the memories of the trans-atlantic trade would have strengthen the African resolve against this vile practice. Just like memories of the holocaust have united and strengthened the Jews.

Now, guess what response I got!

It was like the whole crowd turned against me, led my a Cameroonian friend I shall refer to as Mr. R. Rather that dealing with the main thrust of my comment, they rushed headlong into a long and bitter salvo of anti-White diatribe. I have know Mr. R for some time now, and I also know that this is his favoured line of reasoning (if it can be called such). He has got this tendency of blaming Europeans for all of Africa's woes - corruption, slavery, diseases, lack of development, etc, etc.

In an earlier conversation with Mr. R with respect to slavery, I had suggested the following analogy to him. Supposing a visitor walked into your family home and managed to caused discord between yourself and your wife and children. Would you say that you had a "strong and united", happy and well-balanced home to start with? Why are we Africans so vulnerable to foreign manipulations? When these relationships with the foreign party goes sour, rather than blame ourselves for our naivity, we blame the foreign party? About time we begin to take responsibility for our failures and stop pointing the finger at other people.

Most of Africa today is being sold to Chinese investors who are going round the world buying huge tracks of mineral-rich real-estates. For instance, the problem in Sudan today is complicated by the Chinese economic interest in the country. Are succeeding African generations going to start "Chinese bashing" if this dalliance with the Chinese turns sour?
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by OrumbaS89(f): 3:39am On Jul 15, 2008
We are already Chinese bashing now.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lucabrasi(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2008
ok,will you rather have us feeling sorry for the whites then?or will you rather start campaigning that
the agricultural rebate and food shortage in africa is not the whites fault?
divide and rule at independence is not the whites fault
racism is not the white's fault, i could go on and on,
you r hinging all your argument on a single african ill,slavery of children and then going on and on about white bashing without looking at the underlying causes of that particular malaise,whats with the chinese bashing??
irrespective of the chinese's political ideals,they gave us dirt cheap goods,they r pumping money into our economies,yes they take a lot from africa interms of oil and other resources but they certainly give a lot back as well,and the average chinese multi millionaire will work side by side with an african man no matter how dirty the job is, so pls get your facts right before condemning africa and the chinese
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by huxley(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2008
lucabrasi:

ok,will you rather have us feeling sorry for the whites then?or will you rather start campaigning that
you r hinging all your argument on a single african ill,slavery of children and then going on and on about white bashing without looking at the underlying causes of that particular malaise,whats with the chinese bashing??
irrespective of the chinese's political ideals,they gave us dirt cheap goods,they r pumping money into our economies,yes they take a lot from africa interms of oil and other resources but they certainly give a lot back as well,and the average chinese multi millionaire will work side by side with an african man no matter how dirty the job is, so please get your facts right before condemning africa and the chinese

Where are the facts you build your arguments on?
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lucabrasi(m): 1:17am On Jul 16, 2008
huxley:

Where are the facts you build your arguments on?
are you having a laughif you are really serious with that question,then i give up
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

irrespective of the chinese's political ideals,they gave us dirt cheap goods,they r pumping money into our economies,yes they take a lot from africa interms of oil and other resources but they certainly give a lot back as well,and the average chinese multi millionaire will work side by side with an african man no matter how dirty the job is, so please get your facts right before condemning africa and the chinese

No way. They will not even work with the kids in their sweat factories.
The chinese are after their own interest. The US is also gaining from these chinese goods without having to oppress its citizens for it.
By buying goods from china, you are not pumping money into their economy, they are taking from yours. Same thing occurs when you give them a contract to build you a stadium. but then they offer your government a few million dollars and you believe the economy is getting a lift.
Some of these "cheap goods" from china are just plain substandard and dangerous (healthwise). These dangerous goods are even sent into western nations, countries that have the infrastructure in place to detect these things. African nations do not have that and so we receive these goods happily, killing our people in the process. That is just evil.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Queenisha: 2:47am On Jul 16, 2008
OrumbaS89:

We are already Chinese bashing now.

Truth be told without fear
Chinese are heartless.
They'll do anything for money.
If they had the guts to import tainted food and toys laced with lead paint into the USA despite all the regulations.
Believe me they'll have no problems importing arsenic flavoured chewing gum into Africa.
Where do you think all those their deadly products are now heading?
you guessed right
Straight into Naija and sorroundings

When I went home recently and saw the number of Chinese all around Naija I was appalled
It's just a matter of time when all those indomie eaters begin to drop dead like flies and as usual, we'll blame it all on juju. grin
How many Nigerians care about MSG which is synonymous with Chinese commercial foods?
Anybody that has dealt with Chinese folks closely will understand me.
How on earth does anyone expect people who are products of generations of heartless communist regime to have anyone's interest at heart but theirs?
I will kiss a million white men before accepting "good morning" from them people
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by SeanT21(f): 3:01am On Jul 16, 2008
Queenisha:

Chinese are heartless.
If they had the guts to import tainted food and toys laced with lead paint into the USA despite all the regulations.[/b]Believe me they'll have no problems importing arsenic flavoured chewing gum into Africa.
you guessed right

When I went home recently and saw the number of Chinese all around Naija I was appalled
[b]It's just a matter of time when all those indomie eaters begin to drop dead like flies and as usual, we'll blame it all on juju.
grin
How many Nigerians care about MSG which is synonymous with Chinese commercial foods?
How on earth does anyone expect people who are products of generations of heartless communist regime to have anyone's interest at heart but theirs?
I will kiss a million white men before accepting "good morning" from them people

Wal-Mart buys it from them.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Queenisha: 3:05am On Jul 16, 2008
Not anymore.
Their tricks have been found out here and they are properly regulated.
All Chinese made toys are now off the shelves in the USA and onto those in Balogun
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Ijiji1(m): 3:10am On Jul 16, 2008
Queenisha:

Not anymore.
All Chinese made toys are now off the shelves in the USA and onto those in Balogun

所、查藥名】
頭條》聽力減退 影響人際關係
新訊》一次解決白內障及老花
眼睛》雷射手術的最佳年齡
新訊》大腸癌 經過調養可痊癒
研究》子宮頸癌年輕化
懷孕》黃體素 助胚胎著床
找中醫》 中時健康 院所導覽
angry angry angry angry
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by SeanT21(f): 3:14am On Jul 16, 2008
Queenisha:

Not anymore.

so if i go to wal mart right now i will not find any chinese toys? where is the source?

Ijiji1:

所、查藥名】
頭條》聽力減退 影響人際關係
新訊》一次解決白內障及老花
眼睛》雷射手術的最佳年齡
新訊》大腸癌 經過調養可痊癒
研究》子宮頸癌年輕化
懷孕》黃體素 助胚胎著床
找中醫》 中時健康 院所導覽
angry angry angry angry

How U doin boy? U found your african princess yet?

African
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by onyinye2(f): 3:16am On Jul 16, 2008
Queenisha:

Not anymore.

Not necessarily. you will find significant reduction of Chinese made toys but there are still toys made by China being sold in the U.S.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by OrumbaS89(f): 5:36am On Jul 16, 2008
yup

I don't trust anyone. Especially when money is involved. Whites have a bleeped up history with most non-white people. Of course we'll bash them. And frankly, we're going to do the same to the Chinese because we know that their intention for Africa is only to increase their pockets while we deplete ours. It's captialism. But what most people are scared/mad about is how Africans will benefit from it.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by londoner: 9:23am On Jul 16, 2008
Poster, dont worry. White people in their own little groups are probably "Black bashing" also.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by huxley(m): 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2008
londoner:

Poster, don't worry. White people in their own little groups are probably "Black bashing" also.

Absolutely true. There are pockets of "XXXX Bashing" everywhere (where XXXX maybe White, Black, Chinese, Igbo, Yoruba, Zulu, etc, etc)

The goal of the humanitarian egalitarian (ha) is to eliminate these various forms of bashing, principally thru education. The fact that there are some who Black Bash does not mean that the appropriate response is to bash them too. That would just be insane.

Shall I suppose that from your username you reside in London? How would you feel if you had an employer or boss who was a Black-basher?

Alas, I already see typical stereotypical comments about Chinese on this post
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by SeanT21(f): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2008
Its a white mens world. Wasting Your time bashing White Men will not hurt them. After You are done bashing them, You will turn around log on to your apple computer made by the white man. Rent a movie made by the white man or Drive in a car made by the white man.

So instead of still blaming the white men for slavery which you already should have cleared your mind off, YOU SHOULD FIND WAY OF MOVING FORWARD. DO YOU THINK IF BILL GATES READ SOME WHITE BASHING COMMENTS IT WOULD BOTHER HIM or Some White Boy from Australia?

The bashing of white man is childish and makes no sense. Same goes for black bashing also. Its time For the world to renew their mind of hate and stupidity.

If a white boy would have made some of those comments, He will have been called racist.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2008
SeanT21:

Wal-Mart buys it from them.

Alot of top quality goods are manufactured in china for american companies. E.g HP, Apple.
But we are also bothered  by the lead tainted toys and substandard toothpaste.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lucabrasi(m): 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2008
khai_khai:

No way. They will not even work with the kids in their sweat factories.
The chinese are after their own interest. The US is also gaining from these chinese goods without having to oppress its citizens for it.
By buying goods from china, you are not pumping money into their economy, they are taking from yours. Same thing occurs when you give them a contract to build you a stadium. but then they offer your government a few million dollars and you believe the economy is getting a lift.
Some of these "cheap goods" from china are just plain substandard and dangerous (healthwise). These dangerous goods are even sent into western nations, countries that have the infrastructure in place to detect these things. African nations do not have that and so we receive these goods happily, killing our people in the process. That is just evil.
of course they are,any country always puts their interests first,if our country and other african countries decide to embezzle the money the chinese give then whose fault is it?
yes we might be strenghtening their economy but ,what is the alternative for us,isnt it better to have dirt cheap products than nothing at all,there was a gap and they came along to fill it up and cheaply too
of course,they will offer millions of dollars bribe to build stadiums because our government officials ask for it,i heard about something that happened when virgin was coming to nigeria,
heard when virgin listed standard gifts and stuffs that will be included in the planes and stuffs,that our nigerian officials told them not to bother because of the bribes, is that patriotism??look at the 16billion power probe,the aviation probe e.t.c our leaders always teach these foreign contractors to give bribes and because they dont want to lose the contract,like any smart business person they promptly give it,how is that their fault
well,that is why there are trading standards,if they dont meet your standards you ban them,america too shipped tainted beef to korea e.t.c years back and they banned it when they discovered,that is why there was an ongoing protest when the president lifted the ban
the chinese dont set out to kill anybody,they make cheap goods,to cater for the poor  and as for killing people with their goods,i dont know about that but i know we africans kill more of each other than chinese goods
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by SeanT21(f): 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
khai_khai:

Alot of top quality goods are manufatured in china for american companies. E.g HP, Apple.
But we are also bothered by the lead tainted toys and substandard toothpaste.

whose fault is it? Wal-mart or China?
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2008
Queenisha:

Chinese are heartless.

If they had the guts to import tainted food and toys laced with lead paint into the USA despite all the regulations.
Believe me they'll have no problems importing arsenic flavoured chewing gum into Africa.
you guessed right

It's just a matter of time when all those indomie eaters begin to drop dead like flies and as usual, we'll blame it all on juju. grin

take it easy -  a lot of your kinsmen do the same thing . ask dora akunyuli.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lucabrasi(m): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2008
i tire o, fake drugs,and all the fakes in our markets before the chinese came is now being blamed on them and we talk and complain about racism look at a black person,supposed minority making these kinds of statements
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

i tire o, fake drugs,and all the fakes in our markets before the chinese came is now being blamed on them and we talk and complain about racism look at a black person,supposed minority making these kinds of statements

No one has stated "all the fakes" are caused by the chinese. We bash nigerians who do these fakes, so why shouldn't we do the same to any other group? Some chinese create lethal fakes, that's a fact. making comments about it has nothing to do with racism.
By the way, fake drugs also originate from eastern Europe, and they are also sent to the US were most are intercepted and sent back (there is a law against destruction of drugs).
Since when did the black person become a minority? Because the term minority you've used is relative.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lazy(m): 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2008
khai_khai:

Since when did the black person become a minority? Because the term minority you've used is relative

This is a great question/Statement!
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lucabrasi(m): 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2008
khai_khai:

No one has stated "all the fakes" are caused by the chinese. We bash nigerians who do these fakes, so why shouldn't we do the same to any other group? Some chinese create lethal fakes, that's a fact. making comments about it has nothing to do with racism.
By the way, fake drugs also originate from eastern Europe, and they are also sent to the US were most are intercepted and sent back (there is a law against destruction of drugs).
Since when did the black person become a minority? Because the term minority you've used is relative.

check the comments that was highlighted above my comments before this one,isnt it racist for someone to say they were apalled at the amount of chinese in nigeria?we blame the whites for saying blacks are too much in their countries and call them racist dont we?
yes we do but the rate at which the chinese are being bashed is as if they carried drums of poison and imported it into nigeria without looking at the positives of them being in the country
of course the chinese create fakes definitely,so do the indians,whites,ibos,yorubas e.t.c
im not disputing fake drugs come in from elsewhere,im saying that its an endemic problem we have had before the chinese even came into nigeria and as for using the word minority,are you now saying the blacks are not a minority in the western world?i know its relative but i used it in the context of my own comments,the right thing u  should have asked is what i meant
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lucabrasi(m): 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2008
lazy:

This is a great question/Statement!
seeing as thats the only contribution you seee fit to make in the thread,i hope my use of the trem minority wont be an issue that will overshadow the discourse here,
thats the answer to your great question

lucabrasi:

as for using the word minority,are you now saying the blacks are not a minority in the western world?i know its relative but i used it in the context of my own comments,the right thing u should have asked is what i meant
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lazy(m): 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2008
lucabrasi:

seeing as thats the only contribution you seee fit to make in the thread,i hope my use of the trem minority wont be an issue that will overshadow the discourse here,
thats the answer to your great question

If my statement came across as an inconsiderate statement then I apologize. I just read the response and I am so tired of the minority label because of its relativity. You use of that word didn't overshadow the discourse.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by lucabrasi(m): 11:23pm On Jul 16, 2008
lazy:

If my statement came across as an inconsiderate statement then I apologize. I just read the response and I am so tired of the minority label because of its relativity. You use of that word didn't overshadow the discourse.
its ok,nuifn personal bred,guess i should have said coming from an african/black person,would have made it clearer
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Queenisha: 12:51am On Jul 17, 2008
oyb:

take it easy -  a lot of your kinsmen do the same thing . ask dora akunyuli.

Yes they do but that doesn't give foreigners the right to kill us before our time and we welcome them with open arms.
Your kinsmen and mine do ojoro but they realise they and their families may become victims of the fake products but we're talking about people exporting things to a group of people they term subhuman.
Chinese racism against blacks is unequalled in case you don't know.
I am not comfortable with their influx into Nigeria especially since we don't have any regulations.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Queenisha: 12:56am On Jul 17, 2008
lucabrasi:

check the comments that was highlighted above my comments before this one,isnt it racist for someone to say they were apalled at the amount of chinese in nigeria?we blame the whites for saying blacks are too much in their countries and call them racist don't we?
yes we do but the rate at which the chinese are being bashed is as if they carried drums of poison and imported it into nigeria without looking at the positives of them being in the country
of course the chinese create fakes definitely,so do the indians,whites,ibos,yorubas e.t.c
im not disputing fake drugs come in from elsewhere,im saying that its an endemic problem we have had before the chinese even came into nigeria and as for using the word minority,are you now saying the blacks are not a minority in the western world?i know its relative but i used it in the context of my own comments,the right thing u  should have asked is what i meant

I don't understand your point at all.
We come from a country with absolutely no regulations and we are dealing with a country that have churned out dangerous and deadly products including edibles and you call it bashing? shocked shocked shocked
Away with your political correctness.
That's how people will be politically correct straight into a wooden coffin.
If you like don't warn your relatives and loved ones about Chinese food including indomie.
Call me a basher but you can't disprove what I just said.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 17, 2008
lucabrasi:

check the comments that was highlighted above my comments before this one,isnt it racist for someone to say they were apalled at the amount of chinese in nigeria?we blame the whites for saying blacks are too much in their countries and call them racist don't we?
im not disputing fake drugs come in from elsewhere,im saying that its an endemic problem we have had before the chinese even came into nigeria and as for using the word minority,are you now saying the blacks are not a minority in the western world?i know its relative but i used it in the context of my own comments,the right thing u  should have asked is what i meant

No comment was highlighted about being appalled by the number of chinese in Nigeria.
Now,  do you know that appalled means "shocked" or "suprised" or "dismayed". The poster might be shocked or suprised at the number of chinese in nigeria. Which is not a being racist, it is an observation.
By the way, there have been positives from the white mans' presence in our countries. but when we bash a group we are refering to the negatives.
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Queenisha: 1:05am On Jul 17, 2008
Tainted Chinese Imports Common
In Four Months, FDA Refused 298 Shipments

By Rick Weiss
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, May 20, 2007; A01

Dried apples preserved with a cancer-causing chemical.

Frozen catfish laden with banned antibiotics.

Scallops and sardines coated with putrefying bacteria.

Mushrooms laced with illegal pesticides.

These were among the 107 food imports from China that the Food and Drug Administration detained at US. ports just last month, agency documents reveal, along with more than 1,000 shipments of tainted Chinese dietary supplements, toxic Chinese cosmetics and counterfeit Chinese medicines.

For years, US. inspection records show, China has flooded the United States with foods unfit for human consumption. And for years, FDA inspectors have simply returned to Chinese importers the small portion of those products they caught -- many of which turned up at US. borders again, making a second or third attempt at entry

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/19/AR2007051901273_pf.html
Re: The Phenomenon Of "white Bashing" In The African Community. by Queenisha: 1:08am On Jul 17, 2008
TOKYO — The Japanese government said Friday that at least 175 people had been sickened by insecticide-tainted dumplings from China, prompting supermarkets to pull Chinese-made meat products from their shelves while Tokyo pressed Beijing to improve food safety.

Newspaper headlines warned of a national panic as hundreds more people complained of dizziness and nausea after eating dumplings and other Chinese-made foods. As of Friday, a dozen Japanese food processing companies said they had issued recalls for at least 59 meat products imported from China.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/02/world/asia/02japan.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Tribe Do My Looks Resemble / Yoruba Land Is Landlocked Fact And Pics / Do You Like An Edoid Nation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.