Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences (1266 Views)

ASUU Strike: Imsu ASUU Commences Strike / Edo APC Hails State CAN BOSS For Rejecting Jonathan’s Bribe / Osun Election: We Are Hunted For Rejecting N14m Bribe – DSS - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by websolvetech(m): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
After getting an annual payment offer of N220 billion for the next five years, from the federal government, following a marathon meeting that ended Tuesday, indications have emerged that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) may lose the sympathy of many and may make the government wield the big stick if it rejects the recent offer by the government, with a full blown implementation of the ‘no work, no pay’ policy likely to break the ranks of the union and cause disaffection among the members who ... Read more http://websolvetech..com

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by airclipse(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
Well,ain't dat a shame...
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by abdulg: 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
ha
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by psucc(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
GEJ showed the spirit of comradeship to have sat for over 13hours negotiating with his comrades. There is noway that strike is not going to be called off latest Wednesday next week. He deserves commendation.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Demdem(m): 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
websolvetech: After getting an annual payment offer of N220 billion for the next five years, from the federal government,

Bullshit.
Is this part of the 2009 agreement? ho cares if its 1 trillion naira monthly. ASUU isnt asking for anything more than the implementation of the agreement. Nothing more.
I dont expect ASUU back in classes till this is done.
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by duality(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
Demdem:

Bullshit.
Is this part of the 2009 agreement? ho cares if its 1 trillion naira monthly. ASUU isnt asking for anything more than the implementation of the agreement. Nothing more.

You are indeed a politician; A bitter one I must say. ASUU can't reject this. They can't be that stupidd.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by NnamdiN: 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
Demdem:

Bullshit.
why do you hate this man so much?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Demdem(m): 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
duality:

You are indeed a politician; A bitter one I must say. ASUU can't reject this. They can't be that stupidd.

If ASUU accepts this then shame on then. It simply shows that their strike was a total waste. Why collect crumbs when the potential to collect raw meat is there. It will only be stupid of ASUU to settle for less.
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by taharqa: 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
Demdem:

Bullshit.

Shee when I call you [size=15]HATER[/size] that day, you were arguing with me??

See ya life now??

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Demdem(m): 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
NnamdiN: why do you hate this man so much?

Was Jonathan under demdem curse when he willingly signed an MOU with ASUU last year promising to fulfill the 2009 agreement?
Even if I hate him ( which of cos I don't), what has that got to do with issue at stake?
U aren't making sense at all.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Demdem(m): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
taharqa:

Shee when I call you [size=15]HATER[/size] that day, you were arguing with me??

See ya life now??

Fool, call me whatever.
What is wrong in demanding for implementation of agreement? Are u Ok?
Because u don't honour agreement in ur miserable life doesn't mean we all don't
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by taharqa: 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, call me whatever.
What is wrong in demanding for implementation of agreement? Are u Ok?
Because u don't honour agreement in ur miserable life doesn't mean we all don't

[size=20]HATER[/size]......

No go kill yourself o.. Haven't you heard that HATERS die young?

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Demdem(m): 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
[s]
taharqa:

[size=20]HATER[/size]......

No go kill yourself o.. Haven't you heard that HATERS die young?
[/s]

Foool, deal with the issues at stake here. Not interested in the death of ur seeds.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 09, 2013
psucc: GEJ showed the spirit of comradeship to have sat for over 13hours negotiating with his comrades. There is noway that strike is not going to be called off latest Wednesday next week. He deserves commendation.
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 09, 2013
duality:

On the contrary, they can reject it if they want to. Do u think ASUU is NLC? Still, I pray ASUU resumes.
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by greatgod2012(f): 6:32am On Nov 09, 2013
All i'm interested in is that the strike should be called off. The students have suffered enough! Their time have been wasted enough! Haba! Do they want them to grow grew hairs before they are back to school The president tried and showed a quality of a good leader by negotiating, persuading and appealing the ASUU, yet, we haven't heard anything about calling off the strike! Sometimes, it's wise to shift ground because of a certain reason, wich they (ASUU) can do because of the students' life and time that are involved, but seems they aint concerned. This is not fair o.
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by greatgod2012(f): 6:33am On Nov 09, 2013
Leyin aponle, abuku ati ete lo kan, ASUU ma too te!
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Mynd44: 7:44am On Nov 09, 2013
greatgod2012: Leyin aponle, abuku ati ete lo kan, ASUU ma too te!
Aunty, it is a lot more prudent for ASUU to continue this strike than for them to resume and strike again in 4 months. That's when people will hate them. From the beginning of this strike the government has not shown sincerity.

They have been lying since 2009 so why should anyone believe them now? Maybe if they showed how they intend to implement the agreement, that will be a good step but meeting them for 13hours means nothing in my book.

How many hours did he seat for during PEJ's mother's funeral?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by eluquenson(m): 7:58am On Nov 09, 2013
ASUU need to shift ground asap
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by taharqa: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2013
If ASUU does not call off this strike next week, they shld be ready for what wud be coming to them; And not just from d Govt only...
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Mynd44: 8:14am On Nov 09, 2013
taharqa: If ASUU does not call off this strike next week, they shld be ready for what wud be coming to them; And not just from d Govt only...
From who? What will the government do? Sack them and empty new ones?

That's when you will learn than NANS can order a "seat-at-home"
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by taharqa: 8:18am On Nov 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
From who? What will the government do? Sack them and empty new ones?

That's when you will learn than NANS can order a "seat-at-home"
Which NANS?? You don't even know nothing. You don't know what is happening. So plz keep SHUT. K??
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Mynd44: 8:22am On Nov 09, 2013
taharqa: Which NANS?? You don't even know nothing. You don't know what is happening. So plz keep SHUT. K??
Well let FG fire the lecturers first na.
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 09, 2013
funnab acceptance fee is now 45,000, i pity Nigerian students and parents. Continue siding with this useless government.
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by duality(m): 10:01am On Nov 09, 2013
Obiagelli: funnab acceptance fee is now 45,000, i pity Nigerian students and parents. Continue siding with this useless government.

What was your response when the fee for LASU was astronomically increased. If Lagosians see nothing wrong in that, then nothing is wrong if that of UNILAG is increased.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by psucc(m): 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
ASUU may end up shooting themselves at the feet should they fail to call off the strike. No matter what, they must accept the proposals since it comes from the highest authority in the land.
Re: ASUU Strike: Rejecting Recent Government’s Proposal Will Have Grave Consequences by Mynd44: 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
psucc: ASUU may end up shooting themselves at the feet should they fail to call off the strike. No matter what, they must accept the proposals since it comes from the highest authority in the land.
So because it come from the highest authority they should ignore what they have been fighting for?

Nigerians.......

(1) (Reply)

Governor Lamido's Missing Passport Traced To PDP Office -- APC / PDP To Tambuwal: Declare Seats Of 37 Reps Vacant / Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.