Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA (6959 Views)

Just Discovered. Dino Melaye Denies Supporting The Social Media Bill On Twitter / BIAFRA: MASSOB Denies Involvement In Onitsha Violence / Fayose Denies Supporting Kashamu------vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Youngzedd(m): 1:08am On Nov 09, 2013
From EMMANUEL UZOR, Onitsha, GEOFFERY ANYANWU, AwkaThe Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has denied claim that it has adopted All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) ahead of the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State.

MASSOB leader, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, who spoke through the Director of Information, Uchenna Madu, debunked earlier assertion that the movement is supporting APGA candidate, Chief Willie Obiano, as its preferred candidate.

The group was reacting to a statement credited to one Nnaemeka Okeke who signed off as its Director of Communication, that MASSOB is backing APGA as a show of respect for the late Chief Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.

However, the leadership of the self-determination group said there was no time it declared its support for APGA or urged Ndi’gbo to throw their weight behind the party for whatever reason and on whatever guise.

The MASSOB spokesman further disclosed that, in fact, there is nobody in its fold known as Nnaemeka Okeke, adding that the office he claims to be representing does not even exist in the MASSOB structure. He, therefore, warned the public to disregard the statement credited to the said Okeke, as he is not one of them and so cannot represent them.

“MASSOB sees the statement published in some national dailies credited to one Nnaemeka Okeke who purportedly said that MASSOB is supporting APGA and as such, has urged Ndi’gbo to support the party, as a tissue of lies from particular desperate politicians who want to drag the name of MASSOB to the mud and for ridicule because of their selfish interests,” Madu clarified.

He further said: “We neither have anybody known with that name nor have the office he claimed he is representing, as the only office authorized to speak for MASSOB is Director of Information and not Director of Communication. Therefore, the statement couldn’t have come from MASSOB”

Madu, therefore, said that, any moment from now, the movement will unveil its candidate to Ndi-Anambra, stressing that they have not adopted a particular candidate.

“MASSOB has not made its choice of who becomes the governor of Anambra State known to anyone, but we shall do that in due course and that is why we saw the need to put the records straight as it concerns who becomes the next governor of this state.

“We still have not lost respect for our great leader, Ikemba Nnewi and Ezeigbo Gburugburu, whose legacies included but not limited to APGA. However, as it stands now, MASSOB is not in any way giving a definite answer or stand on weather it is supporting the party or not but that will be made soon,” he added.

He further tackled the said Okeke for allegedly asserting that the group has said that the need for Ndi-Anambra to root for APGA cannot be over-emphasized because Ojukwu is the founder/national leader of APGA, and that besides, APGA is one of Ojukwu’s legacies that must be jealously protected.

“MASSOB has not called on Ndi’Anambra and Ndi’gbo in general to continue to support APGA to uphold Ojukwuism and Ojukwu’s legacy any where they may find themselves on the ground that Ojukwu, as the father and oracle of Ndi’gbo, must be respected, honoured and appreciated without reservation”

He said the Okeke statement, which earlier contended that every tribal region in Nigeria has its own political party that protects their cultures, traditions, pride and social values did not come from MASSOB fold and therefore should be disregarded.

Early in the week, beside the claim that MASSOB had picked APGA as its party for the Anambra election next week, Nnaemeka Okeke had said in a press statement published in some national dailies that: “Any political party without Igbo root and blood is anti-Igbo. We can never sacrifice the pride, culture, identity, language and traditions of Ndi’gbo to Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani just to satisfy few Igbos who sold their conscience to our enemies.

“Enough is enough to those who secretly opened our doors to our enemies who can never allow our Igboism to flourish in their own land”.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/massob-denies-supporting-apga/
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by 6cence: 4:30am On Nov 09, 2013
Really?
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Mynd44: 7:50am On Nov 09, 2013
This keeps getting interesting
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2013
Bunch of Confused nitwits!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by fingard02k(m): 10:14am On Nov 09, 2013
ok
Mods please make my day by moving this thread to front page https://www.nairaland.com/1510817/today-birthday-please-wish-me

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by dridowu: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2013
Who are they now supporting ?
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Tonniey(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2013
Pls who is MASSOB, a boi or a girl
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by AMAKAVIOLA: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2013
Confusd Individuals... Why r U guys telin us ds nw? secondli I knw dey only knw hw 2 mak noise. Sinc d death of Ojukwu Masob wz went under ground nw dey r surfacin 2 tell me crap
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by FreeGlobe(f): 10:20am On Nov 09, 2013
I would be surprised if after killing over 2000 massob members, ezu river saga etc, massobs still turns around to endorse Apga!
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Garrithe1st: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2013
Another of Peter Obi's lies exposed...

grin

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by excell12go(m): 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
This is getting more interesting.
The last few sentences revealed that he was referring to Ngige. But I want to ask dis question. How do d Ndigbos intend to rule this country if they do not want to form alliance with the oda ethnic groups?
I am not a fan of APC, but I think d Igbos should find a way of alligning themselves with other political or ethnic groups...even if it's just for them to rule this country.
Anyway, I support Ngige but dislike his party...
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Kingsley1000(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2013
FreeGlobe: I would be surprised if after killing over 2000 massob members, ezu river saga etc, massobs still turns around to endorse Apga!
7days...counting down to apga's funeral

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2013
excell12go: This is getting more interesting.
The last few sentences revealed that he was referring to Ngige. But I want to ask dis question. How do d Ndigbos intend to rule this country if they do not want to form alliance with the oda ethnic groups?
I am not a fan of APC, but I think d Igbos should find a way of alligning themselves with other political or ethnic groups...even if it's just for them to rule this country.
Anyway, I support Ngige but dislike his party...

Thos last few sentences were made by the same man whom MASSOB is claiming does not exist in their ranks.
I can bet Peter Obi's camp invented the guy to garner in support from brainless ethniscists. Expect a counter claim from Obi's camp before this election is over.
It would seem Anambra's politics is now about telling a new lie everyday and waiting for one to stick.
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by greall1: 10:30am On Nov 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by ichommy(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2013
Really?
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2013
The fear of Ngige is the beginning of wisdom! Onye nwere nti, ya nuru ihe cheesy

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Domaro: 10:36am On Nov 09, 2013
hnmm
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by boniflex(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2013
#TeamWinnerTakesEarth#
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by 9inches(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2013
What is massob? They should not support/implicate apga biko. I'm sure Ngige will need their endorsement.. oh I forgot it's Tinubu and Bwari's party

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 09, 2013
I feel sorry for Peter Obi, did he really think Obiano could beat Ngige. Since they disqualified Soludo, they buried themselves

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Nnamdini(m): 10:43am On Nov 09, 2013
'OJUKWUISM' I love that!!!
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by chocopearl(f): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2013
Ghen ghen......Anambra politics getting more interesting each day
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by gbadexy(m): 10:56am On Nov 09, 2013
What massob means is that the candidates should do the needful.
Anyone one that does the best "needful" would be adopted.
No free endorsement.
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by ACM10: 10:59am On Nov 09, 2013
Which cause is MASSOB fighting for? Nigeria or Biafra?
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by profvic3: 11:09am On Nov 09, 2013
even if efcc.support dem.no level,cnt jus c past a landslide victory 4 Ngige
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Jeel: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2013
The easterners sometimes behave like the northerners.
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by SUBMARINE: 11:28am On Nov 09, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Jeel: The easterners sometimes behave like the northerners.
Pls explain.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by lovelymind(m): 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
However, as it stands now, MASSOB is not in any way giving a definite answer or stand on weather it is supporting the party or not but that will be made soon,” he added. Pls help me ask them, will they tell us who their supporting after the election
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by mekaboy(m): 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
gbadexy: What massob means is that the candidates should do the needful.
Anyone one that does the best "needful" would be adopted.
No free endorsement.

On point. The useless insignificant group of jobless pple r looking for a handout. Who cares who dey endorse? Will they endorse Ngige of APC after threatening to wage war against the north for killing igbos?

Why r they interested in who governs a state in Nigeria? I thought they will only vote when it is biafran election. Ndiara.
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by creativemusic: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
[size=16pt]MASSOB IS ILLEGAL

NO VOTERS CARD EVEN[/size]
Re: MASSOB Denies Supporting APGA by Ammanda(f): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
Apga lost after filing a wrong candidate
Soludo would have earn mass vote for them
But alas

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Knew Babangida Was Plotting To Overthrow Me / Can You Imagine What This Picture Will Cause In Nigeria Politics? / See What Olamide Did Inside Headies Green Room (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.