Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:13 PM

White Girls Dating Nigerian Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / White Girls Dating Nigerian Men (68570 Views)

Dating Nigerian Men / I Have A Fear Of Dating Nigerian Men, Help! Please? / White Woman Needs Advice On Dating Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2006
Hi. i am a white girl from UK and dating a Nigerian man. were very serious about each other and was just wondering what other Nigerians think about a Nigerian man dating a white girl. We've received some racism here from white and black i just don't get it. undecided undecided
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by 2fine4u(f): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2006
there's always this sayin bout white women takin our men, u kno. but black women get real pissed and insulted when black brodas date the ugly fat white girls. me personally i don't give a rats head who brodas date, if you two seem happy 2gether, forget what hatas say. treat your man right, aint nuffin wrong wit that!!! peace!

1 Like

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2006
yeah. good to hear. i treat my man good no worries there. it makes me laugh when i get the girls giving me the look maybe cause i gots maself a hot man grin i've even had a white guy come up and ask me what i was doing wit (well i aint gonna say it) while he was in the toilet the worlds a mad place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by idiotboop(f): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2006
' cucchi

Where abouts in the uk are you? i'm in London and such relationships are common place, yes you do get the odd ignorant scum turn their noses at interracial relationship. Just ignore it, hard to do if its a new relationship, but rise above it and ignore it. I know what you mean, you get the odd looks that say so much lol . Yes i know some Nigerians are ignorant about their men and white girls especially, same with other races too, i don't even want to get into the whole so called rationale behind the disapproval, cause it is inexcuseable and down right ignorant and its also about people's fear of the ''unknown''.

listen don't let anyone take the piss out of you, just ignore, afterall they are insignificant in your relationship, you can't base your happiness on what others feel is right and wrong.

tell you what Cucchi don't get hung up on this yourself, this white girl ,Nigerian man palavar. You not dating him cause he is Nigerian are you? well,  so fukum is what i say.
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2006
bettyboop

yeah know what u saying. where i stay is a small place so u could imagine there all stuck in the stoneages. my grandfather especially. But we just get on wit it. Were happy. Visiting Nigeria next year looking forward to it. Heard alot.

1 Like

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by desiree(f): 10:44pm On Jun 12, 2006
Funny enough i use to get cynical looks when I go out clubbing with my white and Asian mates, this time mostly from black male the worrying fact is that I don't date interracially but have a mixture of races as friends.

@cucchi

Just go on and enjoy your relationship with your man don't let the close-minded people bother you; at the end of the day it is you in this relationship and not them. Wish you all the luck girl.

1 Like

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by hotangel2(f): 1:23am On Jun 13, 2006
Once white girls go BLACK. They aint going BACK.

Anyways, i have no problems with that.

3 Likes

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by LiquidMind(m): 8:12am On Jun 13, 2006
Do what you get to do baby cucchi
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by dokey2g(m): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2006
Well, just go on and enjoy urself !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2006
Hot-Angel

yeah ur right there.

Black men are all good grin grin

1 Like

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by Reba(f): 9:31am On Jun 13, 2006
Well I realy have no problem with interracial relationships, but here they were not common then but now u can see it any where, but adding to that u still get those noisy pipo bagging on ur door questioning u,y r u dating a white guy or a black gal can'nt u find any from ur race its realy annoying u know, but u don'nt have to mind them at all because at the end of the day its u in the relationship not them.

So go ahead and enjoy every bit of ur relationship. I wish u all the best
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by beyunce(f): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2006
I dont think there is anything wrong wit dating a black, white, asian or nigerian man.

Well all i will say is that dont allow wat people say or think come b/w ur love
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by seeker(m): 10:37am On Jun 13, 2006
Go for it! After all it's your life not theirs.
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by food4tot: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2006
Did you know Moses in the bible married a black woman?

However, no great black communities were born in Northern Africa, comparable to the Atlantic slave societies. There were several reasons for this. First, slaves were mainly used in Northern Africa for domestic tasks, contrary to the plantations in the New World, and therefore no massive concentrations of black population could develop. Secondly, the vast majority of the slaves were women whose fertility was low, whereas male slaves were mostly eunuchs or soldiers whose ability to father children was limited. The mortality of slaves had to be replaced by importing new ones, and thus the overall amount of black slaves who were actually present in Northern Africa remained small. Thirdly, the offspring of black concubines by their Arab masters were free and they merged gradually in the local North African society: the Alawid sultan Mulay Ismail (1672–1727) of Morocco, for instance, was the son of a black concubine. And finally, manumission of slaves as an act of piety, or after a certain term of service, was quite common in the Islamic world [77]. Although most of the freed slaves remained in Northern Africa, some of them chose to return to their original homeland [78].

Considering the infrequence and irregularity of the caravans—the mere crossing of the Sahara took at least sixty days and it could be done in certain seasons only—news concerning the wider world reached West African interior surprisingly fast [96]. When Mungo Park arrived in Segu in July 1796, being the first European visitor in this city, he was told about the naval battles between the French and the British in the Mediterranean which were fought a year earlier [97]. When Hugh Clapperton visited Sokoto in 1824, he was surprised by Muhammad Bello, ruler of the Sokoto Caliphate, who asked him detailed questions concerning the British policy in India and the religious situation in Europe, though some of his inquiries in the latter subject were rather dated [98]. In December 1871, Gustav Nachtigal heard in Kukawa, the capital of Bornu, rumours concerning the Franco-Prussian war [99]. Although these reports were often rather perfunctory, as Nachtigal complained, they indicate that some nineteenth-century West Africans understood perfectly well that there is a wider world outside their own and they were interested in knowing about it.

There is much less data available concerning the flow of information from the Mediterranean into Western Africa in earlier times, apart from the Marinid campaigns, but it is reasonable to assume that the situation was quite similar to the nineteenth century; at least we know that already in the twelfth century, some Muslims from Ghana went to Spain [100]. Thus it is not entirely unrealistic to speculate that news concerning the remarkable events in the medieval Mediterranean, such as the battle of Hattin in 1187, the death of King Louis IX in Tunisia in 1270, the fall of Constantinople in 1453, or the conquest of Granada in 1492, were received in the capitals of Ghana, Mali and Songhai almost immediately.

Please note the text in bold

By the way, Sokoto and Bornu are in present day Nigeria, Europeans still didn't know about what lay beyond the River Niger. They heard rumours about powerful cities but it was risky to go further.

Race was not a big issue until people started distinguishing themselves. Blacks bore the brunt of it because slave trade made people associate slavery with any black person.
Black only became stupid and on equal level with monkeys in the 19 century.

Like I've mentioned somewhere its always good to give a dog a bad name before you kill it or else some people would think you are cruel. Slave traders were only attempting to make a justification of slavery and the inequality it brought.

This is the stigma that exists today, when you feel something is wrong you begin to resent it. The same reason that now makes biting nails or smoking a no no.

3 Likes

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by Natalie(f): 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2006
I'm white and I also have a Nigerian boyfrend also, We 2gether already for 1 year and couple of month,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2006
Natilie

do u face any racism.

We've been together 10 months and its going great.

u been to nigeria yet
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by mrtee(m): 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2006
@cucchi
You know wat! keep ur head high and go on with ur love life,cos i know u really love the black brother.Dont let any sentimental race stuff about color bother u.One thing i know about white girls are that once they are in with u they stick like glue,i am saying this from wat i am seeing btw my big brother who is married to a white lady from Uk and its been 5yrs now with two kids and the 3rd one coming and truely she loved my brother to a fault.
i wish i could find one like that,cos i have really gone thru hell with Nigerian girls.i have been thru 2 relationships both crashed,cos of greed, lust for money and material stuffs. Not that all Nigerian girls are greedy, some are good and the good ones are always hooked.
keep it up girl stick to ur man

3 Likes

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by idiotboop(f): 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2006
[/quote][quote author=cucchi link=topic=15107.msg423367#msg423367 date=1150184517]
Hot-Angel

yeah your right there.

Black men are all good grin grin

Dont fall into the generalisation trap, you'll just be as guilty as some of those close minded ppl out there, not all Black men are studs in Bed, , dont know about that ''once you go black, never go back'' nonsense. Same way some white men are good, and some are bad, if you going to judge by their penile size then you will have to sample every black man out there in scotland and beyond grin.

Its not how big but what you do with it that matters lots of women who are true will tell you this. I think you like who you like right? wink smiley

1 Like

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2006
i aint just on about sex i'm on about in generak with my experience of both black and white i've been treated better by the black men.

if we were to generalise about sizes then all white men are small, but that aint true either

Bettyboop

1 Like

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2006
mrtree

thanks for the comment. i know i'll stick wit my man i've been married to a very horrible man. but now i'm the happiest i've ever been, he's brought me above all of that.

the boys stuck wit me now grin

2 Likes

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by Natalie(f): 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2006
No, we didn't face any racism, thank God,
I haven't been in Nigeria yet, but my boyfriend is there now 4 holiday, I miss him sssoooo muchhh!

2 Likes

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2006
natalie

good to here.

My man was supposed to be going but not sure if he's going now (costs to much)
Know what u mean i would miss my man as well hehe
so where in uk are u?
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by Natalie(f): 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2006
I'm not from UK, I'm from Israel,
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2006
soz natalie i'm going crazy the heats gettin to me not used to it here in scotland grin
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by Natalie(f): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2006
Hehehe, grin Well, what u thought,
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2006
Natalie

so where in nigeria ur man from
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by Natalie(f): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2006
Lagos and yours, ? So have u been in Nigeria already? Or plannin 2 go?
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2006
Hes from Lagos too. Think were gonna go next year. Gonna go meet his family. what about u are u going soon
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by Natalie(f): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2006
We haven't plan this yet, Wow ! You r so serious about him?? Would u like 2 marry him, ?
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2006
i've been married before but my ex did not treat very nice well basically he was just a nasty person. But yeah were really serious and he's met most of my family. I would never rule out marriage because of one bad apple. He makes me very happy. we've talked about so who knows what will happen smiley

1 Like

Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by Natalie(f): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2006
Wish u well wink !!
Re: White Girls Dating Nigerian Men by cucchi(f): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2006
Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'You Are A Selfish Bastard One Minute Man'- Unsatisfied Lady Curses Guy / “I Found Out My He Has Slept With 3 Of My Bridesmaids Few Days To Our Wedding” / "Stingy Women Association Of Nigeria" Launched To Counter The Men's Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.