Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? (22619 Views)

Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by qudreal: 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
To me there is nothing bad in it. Its a sign of honesty....

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by veave(f): 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
I dont use passwords on my fones. clean people do not use it either...
wetin you dey hide sef? someone like me wey sabi unlock fones you go just dey waste your time.
NB: ladies, run away from anyone who has a password... their heart black well well...
Abek r nor fit shat!

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Ogegod87: 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
yellowpawpaw: No time. Also no interest.
I also believe in letting ur spouse be. An unfaithful spouse will still be regardless of constantly checking and cross checking phones.
Just an act of insecurity.

1000 LIKES. Same goes for me. It doesn't occur to me.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Reincarnated(m): 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
Honestly, why not. As soon as I married her, we became entitled to each others things. angry
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by soulglo: 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
I don't think anyone should go snooping through anyone's things but the only reason why you would hide a thing like that from your spouse is because you are doing something you should not be doing

2 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
In marriage, the doctrine is 1 + 1 = 1.
My phone is her phone and her phone is my phone. Everything I have is our own and vise-versa. I dont think it's wrong for your patner to have access to your phone at will. No long thing.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by lyvin: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
Very interesting and funny responses here This issue is similar to Joint Account argument. I wonder wht proponent of transparency and trust will be saying.

Just follow what suits u and makes happy joor. The realty is there is no one cap fit all here.
If checking ur spouse fone and asking all the time who is this or tht, u call ur mother today etc good for u.

Btw infidelity is not all there is in a relationship. Once watch a crime investigation in which a spouse learnt about $200k life insurance policy and decided that the partner is better dead than alive. A spouse one saw a text from as family member of the partner requesting for money and suspected the partner have being giving money out to the family and that was y there is austere in the house despite explanation to the contrary.
Is more or less a checking and egg argument
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by expensive007(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
To me, d answer is YES! Havin access to each other's phones doesn't mean u r bias. If u r truthful & faithful with ur spouse, i don't see anythin wrong in that.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by expensive007(m): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
To me, d answer is YES! Havin access to each other's phones doesn't mean u r bias. If u r truthful & faithful with ur spouse, i don't see anythin wrong in that...
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by deols(f): 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ola def2: my dear, I can't argued with ur conclusion cuz that's what many says that unfaithfull men always feel suspiscous but don't mis-quote me .. Fisrtly I enjoy my partner company was why I always access her fone and her stuff even from there I have many of her friends that always wanna get down with me cus sometimes I use her bb to reply her pings I will just ask her like "*maybe she's in the bathroom* she say this.... What can I say... And she will tel me the kind of response she want me to deliver and all those things thrill her friends if she later tell em that she's not the one replying those pings... And I even like her bbm guys friends cus they are so funny with such funny BC.... So not as if I don't free my partner... She's so free ... But from experience u no some different kind of story when some wife later confess that their husband is not the real father of their children,,, u no in those case I blame those men for their carelessness" my dear some men are too lazy to give their partner attention cus they believe in making money and some other things like that... So I believe our future can be free from such problem if I have been taking my time to give proper care and attention to my partner, women change everyday!!!

Nothing wrong with having access to your wife's phone but using it with the hope of finding out some secrets is what I dont agree with.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by deols(f): 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
HARDDON:

you sound like a play gurl of the western world ..a word of warning, they rarely get hooked up..sorry to say

low lives quoting me these days...
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
deols:

Nothing wrong with having access to your wife's phone but using it with the hope of finding out some secrets is what I dont agree with.
exactly wink
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Shiningmama(f): 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
It is advisable to stop checking your partner's fone, the last time I did that I saw what made me up to dis day not to trust my hubby. Infact, I saw a text he sent to a friend that he miss his ex p---y. So they both planned to hook up with them for the weekend.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by pappyoshow: 7:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
Its nt neccessary cuz it leads 2 disaster.talking 4rm experience.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
veave: I dont use passwords on my fones. clean people do not use it either...
wetin you dey hide sef? someone like me wey sabi unlock fones you go just dey waste your time.
NB: ladies, run away from anyone who has a password... their heart black well well...
Abek r nor fit shat!
looool wait!
Teach me how to unlock or hack phones wink
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by creativemusic: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin why not? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by luluosas(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
Why not, especially if you are a true born again Christian? If your wife or husband cannot access your phone at any time, with or without your consent, where then is the love and trust you have for each other?
Why are you pretending that you love him or her, when there are still secrets you are hiding from him or her, which has to do with your phone?
Mutual trust and understanding should therefore be exhibited by both parties to keep the marriage union going and for a better bonding. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by johnwell(m): 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ennyhollar: I don't see anything bad in checking ur partners phone since you re one.

God bless you!!!
Only the unfaithful ones sees this as a taboo. It's a pity that many couples don't even know the mystery of marriage, they're just bunch of adulterous partners parading themselves as married couples, am so disappointed in what am seeing here.
Nigerians, even marriage is failure, what a shame!!!!
(spit)

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by johnwell(m): 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ennyhollar: I don't see anything bad in checking ur partners phone since you re one.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by dammytosh: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
IF YOU ARE NOT A CHEAT.

YOU GUYS ARE MARRIED ISN'T IT ?

NOT SOME GIRLFRIEND AND BOY FRIEND ONLY GOD KNOWS THING.

check his / her phone at will. One surest way to protect him / her from infidelity

warning : Act maturely when u see anytin not palatable. and talk about it.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
In a marriage, yes. Like Byvan said, that's the way it should be. You should be open and free with each other.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
Abek r nor fit shat!

My phone is encrypted, how u wan take unlock now grin
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by ktpkool: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nothing is wrong in accessing ur spouse's phone except when infidelity comes in.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by khattab02: 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
Abek r nor fit shat!
Hahahaha...lol! These people eh
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by khattab02: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
soul_glo: I don't think anyone should go snooping through anyone's things but the only reason why you would hide a thing like that from your spouse is because you are doing something you should not be doing
Gbaam!!! U korrect. Straight on point.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by smartg(m): 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
joel lala:

That means from your experience it is better to ignore each others phone in order to avoid disaster.
exactly
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by prymetex(m): 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
wink[color=#006600][/color]

personally, I'd say there's no wrong in checking your spouse's phone, even though it shouldn't be done on occasional basis of no importance. privacy counts too, I'd freak out of insecurity if you_ being my wife checks my phone occasionally, I'd be like "seriously, what's up?"
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by khattab02: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
deols:

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by khattab02: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
deols:

Lol.. U eh!
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by bongolistik(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
in conclusion of d mater, spouse shuld nt pasword or lock dier phones 4 each oda. Even if any of dem pick each oda phones, let it nt be 4 spoofing sake or CIA purpose. Let it be 4 dt same pupos dey use dier own fone.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Abek r nor fit shat!
I don't have a password on my phone either.

@bolded, for sure!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery / Should A Man Be Forced To Marry A Lady He Impregnated By Mistake? / My Wife Nags A Lot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.