Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters (15036 Views)

Clara Chime Packs-out Of Enugu Govt House, Opens Up / "Imprisoned" Enugu First Lady, Clara Chime, Hires Falana To Secure Her Release / Clara Chime Under House-Arrest Imposed By Gov. Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by In2systemsTech(m): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
Clara Chime, the estranged wife of Enugu State’s Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State, has expressed disappointment about the report of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) about its investigation of her complaint, and asked for it to be withdrawn.

“Apart from the fact that the information was largely false, it showed lack of sensitivity in publishing sensitive medical detail,” she said today in a letter to her lawyer, Femi Falana. “This has the effect of tarnishing and damaging my reputation. It is as though the Commission set out to ridicule me.”

On Friday, the commission, led by its executive secretary, Bem Angwe, travelled to the Enugu State Government House to investigate the alleged forcible detention of Mrs. Chime. Following the visit, the NHRC published an interim report on its website in which it described the issue as a disagreement between the governor and his wife “over the procedure for the treatment of her health challenges, which border on occasional hallucinations and depression.”

In the letter to Mr. Falana, she said, “I made it clear to them that I had a nervous breakdown and found it inexplicable as to how hallucinations featured as part of my symptoms. It is important to make this clear so that the public should be made aware of this and that the Commission should recognise part of her ethos in protecting human dignity.”

Noting suggestions that that the Commission appears biased already because of the profile of the person whose reputation is at stake, she said, “I want to believe that the Commission would approach my case with open mind and in particular recognise me as a victim of crime. I hope that common sense would prevail and that the Commission should now retract the damaging publication and stop stigmatising me.”

In her first response yesterday, Mrs. Chime accused members of the commission of accepting a bribe from Governor Chime to write the misleading report about her illegal detention in Government House, Enugu.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/clara-chime-tells-nhrc-withdraw-report
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by strangest(m): 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Na wa o... Some people for just destroy someone's family...
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by wablet(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hmmm yeye dey smell. If possible, can we see the letter

1 Like

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by egift(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
strangest: Na wa o... Some people for just destroy someone's family...

NO. Some people for pride and what they are benefiting from their in law are ready to force their sister to keep silent in bondage.

@strangest: Why can't you support the growing call to have Mrs Clara Chime get a good medical treatment for whatever health issues she may be having - Instead of locking her up in the Government House?

7 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by werepeLeri: 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sahara Reporters will soon start saying she has cancer of the bottom, uterus malfunction, jaundiced grotto, malfunctioned lesterian all at once. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by strangest(m): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
Double post sad
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by strangest(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
egift:

NO. Some people for pride and what they are benefiting from their in law are ready to force their sister to keep silent in bondage.

@strangest: Why can't you support the growing call to have Mrs Clara Chime get a good medical treatment for whatever health issues she may be having - Instead of locking her up in the Government House?

Marriage has ups and downs... If your marriage is ONLY sweet then there's something wrong somewhere... The best thing is for them to solve things amicable... I wonder what makes you think that Chime is not in a position to look after his wife very well... My culture doesn't always allow third parties into marriage

3 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by egift(m): 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
strangest:

Marriage has ups and downs... If your marriage is ONLY sweet then there's something wrong somewhere... The best thing is for them to solve things amicable... I wonder what makes you think that Chime is not in a position to look after his wife very well... My culture doesn't always allow third parties into marriage

Stop beating about the bush. Do you support that your sister, your wife, someone you know or Sullivan's wife to be lockup/confined in a house instead of taken to a decent health facility for treatment?

14 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by strangest(m): 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
egift:

Stop beating about the bush. Do you support that your sister, your wife, someone you know or Sullivan's wife to be lockup/confined in a house instead of taken to a decent health facility for treatment?

The fact that she is confined to a house does not mean that she doesn't have access to good medical treatment... Taking her to a decent health facility doesn't mean that she won't be confined to a house... Yaba Left occupants are they not confined to a house?

6 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Odikwa risky
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Jelo4kul(m): 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
Rt
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by drdams: 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
Die in Silence u hear.. For every 'falsification' there is always an iota of truth.
It cant just come spontaneously...

2 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by freecocoa(f): 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Nairalandisdead: 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nawaooo

www.howudey.com
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by chi4ik(m): 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
I don't even believe this story, 2moro we will hear another Story. RUBISH

1 Like

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
strangest:

The fact that she is confined to a house does not mean that she doesn't have access to good medical treatment... Taking her to a decent health facility doesn't mean that she won't be confined to a house... Yaba Left occupants are they not confined to a house?

i do not want to believe this line of thought never crossed the mind of those opposed to her being treated in govt house

4 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Amya(f): 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
It' just really sad that some people can justify the act of the governor. It really sad that at this day and age, we are still a chauvinistic country. It doesn't end at chauvinism, but illegal confinement and emotional abuse all because the other party has the money and power to do whatever he chooses to and go scot free.

Yeah she married him. I'm sure if she had an inkling to what her future would be like, she wouldn't marry him. Since she's realized her mistake and in the process now knows that money isn't everything, she should be allowed to go in peace. All these is enough to drive someone insane.

6 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Twinflakez(m): 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
I hope these Sahara reporters are not reporting frm sahara desert grin grin grin grin
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Amya(f): 10:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
strangest:

Nonsensical logic here. It's people like you just like Clara's brother that will take money and turn a blind eye to the truth. Chauvinistic hypocrite!

13 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by sigba(f): 10:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
strangest:

What is this one saying?

@Topic; It's clear that all is not well with the couple, quite unfortunate it got into the ears of the public.

IMHO, Mrs Chime has a right to adequate medical treatment.

3 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by FunnyPikincom(m): 10:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
k
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by eluquenson(m): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
So who dey lie undecided
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Sijo01(f): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
strangest:

The fact that she is confined to a house does not mean that she doesn't have access to good medical treatment...

What are you saying. youngman when did the Government house become a certified medical outlet

strangest:

Taking her to a decent health facility doesn't mean that she won't be confined to a house... Yaba Left occupants are they not confined to a house?

Yaba left is a certified health institution; stop compering it to Enugu Government House. Why was Chime not confined to Government House when he has health challenges

4 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Madamspeaker(f): 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mtshewww......na dem sabi, big man!woman....big wahala
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Madamspeaker(f): 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
Mtshewww......na dem sabi, big man/woman....big wahala
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Sijo01(f): 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
In2systems_Tech: Clara Chime, the estranged wife of Enugu State’s Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State, has expressed disappointment about the report of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) about its investigation of her complaint, and asked for it to be withdrawn.

“Apart from the fact that the information was largely false, it showed lack of sensitivity in publishing sensitive medical detail,” she said today in a letter to her lawyer, Femi Falana. “This has the effect of tarnishing and damaging my reputation. It is as though the Commission set out to ridicule me.”

On Friday, the commission, led by its executive secretary, Bem Angwe, travelled to the Enugu State Government House to investigate the alleged forcible detention of Mrs. Chime. Following the visit, the NHRC published an interim report on its website in which it described the issue as a disagreement between the governor and his wife “over the procedure for the treatment of her health challenges, which border on occasional hallucinations and depression.”

In the letter to Mr. Falana, she said, “I made it clear to them that I had a nervous breakdown and found it inexplicable as to how hallucinations featured as part of my symptoms. It is important to make this clear so that the public should be made aware of this and that the Commission should recognise part of her ethos in protecting human dignity.”

Noting suggestions that that the Commission appears biased already because of the profile of the person whose reputation is at stake, she said, “I want to believe that the Commission would approach my case with open mind and in particular recognise me as a victim of crime. I hope that common sense would prevail and that the Commission should now retract the damaging publication and stop stigmatising me.”

In her first response yesterday, Mrs. Chime accused members of the commission of accepting a bribe from Governor Chime to write the misleading report about her illegal detention in Government House, Enugu.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/clara-chime-tells-nhrc-withdraw-report

Not far from the truth. smh @what people do for money.
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by zopaks: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
Wait oooooooo, I taught she denied ever contacting Femi Falana over her illness?
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Deijay(f): 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
Y hz dis newz nt appeard in any of d nigerian top newspaper?
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Azedplus(m): 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
the whole story of this woman seems annoying, was this not the woman that refused to speak at the press briefing. So she now found her voice, God know what and where she has did all in the name of being the 1st lady. enjoy the Downs of it and stop disturbing our sensibility
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by egift(m): 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
De-ijay:
Them no get liver. To much bribes eaten in the past.
Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by Urine: 11:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
If you saw the visit of the NHRC on television, it was obvious that team was compromised. Why will a team investigating something serious as this pay a courtesy call to the governor? They lost their credibility as a result of that action.

3 Likes

Re: Clara Chime Tells NHRC To Withdraw Report | Sahara Reporters by shynerd(m): 11:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
De-ijay:
Check The Nation On Saturday, i.e. today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Despite Producing Most Oil, Akwa Ibom Has No NNPC, DPR Offices - Governor Udom / Months After Condemning Ajimobi’s Model Schools, Makinde To Construct 5 More / Buhari Honours Izuchukwu, Winner Of National Scientists Presidential Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.