Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington (22469 Views)

Denzel And Huddah First To Be Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase / Who Is The Better Actor?odunlade Adekola Or Femi Adebayo? / Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by A40(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
Ok i was watching Hancock the other day with a few friends and the debate began on who was the best black male actor a few names flew around Will Smith,Denzel,Cuba Gooding,Samuel L,Terrence Howard,Jamie Foxx,Wes Snipes,Eddie Murphy,Ving Rhames,Don Cheadle amongst many it went down to Will and Denzel i went for Will because he could act as a beggar and still make a good movie, he is a bit more versatile Denzel is good too but his roles are just too similar and niche at times. So who do y'all go for Will, Denzel or any other black male actor out there
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2008
it got to be denzel washington he is such a telented and gifted actor, and he
do not do shits movies his movie are great
will smith is also a very good actor
but denzel is a classy actor,and his acting is just amazing.
I love watching his films
hat off to him.
I rank he as an excellent first-class actor
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by Sisikill: 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2008
First of first, Hancock should never, ever, ever be used to judge anyone's acting skills. All the freaking actors looked like they phoned their performance in.

Second of first, It's Mr. Denzel Washington, thank you very much.

Third of first, Will Smith to Denzel Washington? Willy boy to Mr. Denzel Washington? Fresh Prince to Mr. Denzel Washington? What an insult on Mr. Denzel Washington!!

When Mr. Denzel Washington was dazzling us in movies like Cry Freedom and Glory, Willy Nilly was still in his multi-colored knickerbocker whining about how parents just don't understand.

When Mr. Denzel Washington was captivating us in movies like Malcolm X, Willy Willy was moving to a town called Bel-air

Then there was Training Day, Antwone Fisher, John Q, Remember the Titans, Mr. Pinkett was busy fighting Aliens and Aliens and more Aliens.

Secondly. . . There is no secondly! Comparing The Fresh Prince with Mr. Denzel Washington is sacrilege!

For me to even put their names in the same sentence, I feel I must pay penance.

*Gets down on Knees*

Oh Forgive me Mr. Washington. I was led astray by OP.
Oh Forgive OP Mr. Washington, for he knows not he is doing.
Hum! Hum! Hum!

*Gets up*
OP be more careful next time. Seriously.

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by chiogo(f): 1:02am On Jul 15, 2008
Umm, that was a force!!^^^^

@topic, they act different roles entirely. Will smith does the comedy part while Denzel does the whatchamacallit, heroic/disciplinarian thingy. Denzel is no doubt very talented and classy, he doesn't do the childish thingy but sometimes, childishness appeals to some people. I respect Denzel a lot but if his movie and a movie by will smith comes out at d same time, I would wanna see will first. . . Cuz he's funny. Denzel is umm. .lemme not call him boring. .his movies are meant for older minds, would not really appeal to a teen. But over all, I think Denzel is a better actor probably cuz he's older, will is like a son to him.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 1:30am On Jul 15, 2008
Denzel Washington.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by mohawkchic(f): 3:55am On Jul 15, 2008
~I'll PIck Denzel Anyday . . even thu am slightly biased tongue . . i love hiim to bits!!
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 15, 2008
chiogo:

Denzel is umm. .let me not call him boring. .his movies are meant for older minds, would not really appeal to a teen. But over all, I think Denzel is a better actor probably because he's older, will is like a son to him.
meant for older mind? hmmmmmmm I guess am a teen with a older mind grin
cause i really do enjoy his films grin
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by grandjedi(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2008
I agree with Chiogo that there is a certain appeal to Will Smith esp. with people like me who love comedy. But when it comes to who the better actor is, well, I would say undoubtedly Denzel. This guy's skills have been outstanding all through the years.( Remember the first time I saw him: in " Carbon Copy " alongside George Segal back in the day ).
         Don't think I've seen any flick in which Denzel's acting wasn't top notch.

Still, thumbs up to the others - Samuel L. Jackson, Eddie Murphy, Chris (Tucker & Rock), Lawrence Fishburne, Jamie Fox, T. Howard, Martin Lawrence, The Wayans bros, Wesley Snipes, Cuba Gooding Jnr., Morris Chestnut, Shemar Moore, Taye Diggs etc
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by Seun(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2008
Denzel Washington is always convincing in his roles, but that could be because he always acts the same characters (1) a righteous man of impeccable integrity. (2) More recently, an arrogant and persuasive master criminal. Will Smith is similar, but he's beginning to show some range by playing atypical roles in movies like the Pursuit Of Happyness really well.

As an actor, Denzel Washington is probably very slightly better because of his age. As a movie star, Will Smith wipes the floor with Denzel Washington. Will Smith is the hottest movie star right now, black or white.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by saintkola(m): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2008
Its obviously Denzel Washington, Most of Will Smith's movies are over hyped, mediocre & don't always live up to expectations!
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by HRhotness(f): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2008
saintkola:

Its obviously Denzel Washington, Most of Will Smith's movies are over hyped, mediocre & don't always live up to expectations!

Chei

na my boyfriend u dey cuss like this oh
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by Esss(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2008
My dad is a better actor o!!

And yes I am talking about Denzel. tongue
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by rubi(f): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2008
HR.hotness:

Chei

na my boyfriend u dey cuss like this oh
saintkola:

nice input
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by saintkola(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2008
Thanks rubi
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by rubi(f): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2008
saintkola:

Thanks rubi

You welcome
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by Sisikill: 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2008
saintkola:

May the Almighty God Bless you more and More. I'll go one further and say his movies NEVER live up to the hype.

Sure Will Smith is a Movie Star and can wipe the floor with whomever but Mr. Denzel Washington is an actor. . . an artiste if you please. I'd take the glory of the latter over the former any day, thank you very much!

Oh one more thing. . . you know what's forced? Will Smith's Comedic talents (and I use the word talent in the loosest term possible). Put him in the league of Martin Lawrence and Chris Turker. . . then we'll have a valid comparison.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2008
Denzel Washington for the win.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by naijadiva2(f): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2008
i don't care too much about denzal but i like will smith
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2008
CH3COO:

Denzel Washington for the win.
for sure always
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2008
What a question

If I were Denzel I'd be insulted to even be compared to Will Smith

Will is a cool person but hardly a great actor
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2008
KarmaMod:

What a question

If I were Denzel I'd be insulted to even be compared to Will Smith

Will is a cool person but hardly a great actor
thank u
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2008
Lmao SiSiKill I just read your post and I completely agree hahaha grin

I hate martin Lawrence though, I dont find him amusing at all.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by saintkola(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
Well said karma!
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by A40(m): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2008
Seems like i am the only Will Smith fan here oh well although i find some posts rather amusing some say Will only does comedies? shocked Gosh whats comedic about Enemy of the State? Ali,Independence Day,I am Legend,The Pursuit of Happyness

Denzel is too stereotyped for my liking all his films are just too damn similar

saintkola:

Besides Tom Cruise i dont know of too many other actors who's films have smashed box office records not even Denzel i think you should stick to Nollywood or is it Igbowood
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by saintkola(m): 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2008
Don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of Will Smith but the fact is Denzel Washington is way better! Whoever told you Will's movies smashed box offices? rofl
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2008
A-40:

S
Besides Tom Cruise i don't know of too many other actors who's films have smashed box office records not even Denzel i think you should stick to Nollywood or is it Igbowood

Obviously you don't know that many actors

as for smashed box office. So what? Adm Sandler also has smash hits in the box office, that doesnt mean he's a good actor.

It's about Quality not Quantity.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by A40(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2008
@saintkola
I would not even argue this please go and do your research and compare Will's films to Denzel's film and come back and tell me who sold more

@KarmaMod
Please rewind THAT!! You dont know squat about movies to compare Will Smith to Adam Sandler in the box office what an outlandish comparison!!
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2008
A-40:

@KarmaMod
Please rewind THAT!! You don't know squat about movies to compare Will Smith to Adam Sandler in the box office what an outlandish comparison!!

Not even gonna take your ridiculous posts seriously. Obviously you;re a typical Nigerian that believes once someone sells alot more than the other it's because they are a better actor than one.

Ice Cube's movies makes alot of money as well. Are you gonna start comparing him to Denzel too? Abeg go and sit down.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by A40(m): 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2008
@KarmaMod
Trouble dey sleep yanga come wake am tongue.Are you american or what does where i come from have to do with anything? you are obviously retarded because if you are not you would respect my opinion and state yours instead of talking smack.I rate Will higher than Denzel because of his versatility and ability to play any role perfectly if you have a problem with that then who cares? tongue
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by saintkola(m): 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2008
Give yourself a break A-40! Itz OUTLANDISH to compare Will to Denzel.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2008
saintkola:

Give yourself a break A-40! Itz OUTLANDISH to compare Will to Denzel.

Poor boy is drunk

went even as far as mentioning Cuba Gooding Jnr. Lmfao. That retard whom the whole world believes should have his pity Oscar taken away from him.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 1:32am On Jul 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

Poor boy is drunk

went even as far as mentioning Cuba Gooding Jnr. Lmfao. That retard whom the whole world believes should have his pity Oscar taken away from him.

I recommend

Shadowboxer
Pearl harbor
Jerry Maguire
Boyz in tha Hood
Murder without motive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Over 3000 Fans Sign Petition To Bring Back Beauty / Top Nollywood Movie Directors By Domestic Gross Value - Statisense / BBNaija: Liquorose Wins Trophy, ₦100,000 In Bet9ja Task

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.