Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. (9526 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:

Examples of these doctrines:

These are the major ones that majority go after as you rightly said.

and others like:

- Flogging of Church members
- Not wearing shoes to Church
E.T.C

The shepard- The Holy Spirit/ Christ wants us to speak the truth In LOVE.

.....Not everyone coming up with his doctrine.
We must all seek (and know) the truth.

Congratulations!

Jehovah's Witnesses also think you're doomed for not believing that Jesus is Archangel Michael.

Pastor Chris thinks you are in error for regarding masturbation a sin.

Many Christians think you and Kumuyi are retarded for preventing people from watching TV.

Why should I believe you or take you serious when your fellow Protestants think you're crazy?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:
I can't believe all what I'm seeing here.

Italo, can you see your brother?

Don't make me believe you were taught all these at church because what the bible teaches is:

"Bless them that curse you, and pray for them
which despitefully use you."
Luke 6:28

So where did you learn all these?
Cos It's not Christ-like.

Perhaps he learnt it from your fellow Protestants who make it their occupation to curse Catholics day and night.

Hypocrites!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adsonstone: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Congratulations!

Jehovah's Witnesses also think you're doomed for not believing that Jesus is Archangel Michael.

Pastor Chris thinks you are in error for regarding masturbation a sin.

Many Christians think you and Kumuyi are retarded for preventing people from watching TV.

Why should I believe you or take you serious when your fellow Protestants think you're crazy?

Excuse me,
May I know the reason you carefully removed all the doctrines concerning the catholic church?

In addition to all is quoted;

ukuts gp:
1. The daily mass-394 A.D.
2. The doctrine of purgatory(pope
Gregory)-593A.D.
3. Prayers to the virgin, Queen of
heaven-600A.D.
4. The first pope(Boniface 3)-610A.D.
5. Kissing of the pope's foot began in 709 A.D.
6. Temporal power of the pope declared in
750A.D.
7. Worship of images, relics and cross, this
began in 788 A.D.
8. Holy water blessed by a priest-850 A.D.
9. Veneration of st. Joseph-890A.D.
10. Canonisation of dead saints(pope John
the 15th)-995A.D.
11. The mass declared to be a sacrifice of
christ-1050A.D.
12. Celibacy of the priesthood and
nuns-1050A.D.
13. The rosary introduced by peter the
Hermit in 1090A.D.
14. Selling indulgencies began in 1190A.D.
15. Doctrines of transubstantiation adopted
in 1215A.D.
16. Confession of sins to human priest-1215
A.D.
17. Adoration the water(pope Honorius)-1220
A.D.
18. Interpretation of bible for laity-1229A.D.
19. Scapular declared a charm against
dangers-1287A.D.
20. Communion under one kind-1414A.D.
21. Seven sacraments declared in 1439A.D.
22. Superstitions of the Ave Maria(pope
sextus)-1508A.D.
23. Tradition established as infallible
authority.-1545A.D.
24. Apocryphal books added to the bible in
1546A.D.
25. Infallibility of the popes-1870A.D.
26. Mary declared the mother of God,
1931A.D.
27. Assumption(translation) of the virgin
Mary, 1950A.D.

Likewise, the catholics believe that if you don't practice/believe in these (and many more similar ones), you're in error, out of the true church and perhaps- lost.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adsonstone: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Perhaps he learnt it from your fellow Protestants who make it their occupation to curse Catholics day and night.

Hypocrites!

....and why did He not follow this;

"Bless them that curse you, and pray for
them

Perhaps, You (personally) need to teach him how to be obedient to lessons in the bible if He cannot learn it directly from the bible or from your Church.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:

I can't believe all what I'm seeing here.

Italo, can you see your brother?

Don't make me believe you were taught all these at church because what the bible teaches is:

"Bless them that curse you, and pray for them

So where did you learn all these?
Cos It's not Christ-like.

HYPOCRITE!! WHY DIDNT YOU ADVISE YOUR PENTECOSTAL BRETHREN NOT TO JUDGE PEOPLE

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned:

Luke 6:37.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Hypocrites!
u see how u are deceiving urself. The guy learns it from the catholic church. And the thing is in his blood
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
chukwudi44:

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned:

u did not see the scripture i quoted for u i think. Where did u learn how to curse and insult at the same time? Well, i think u know. But know that Nobody condemned ur so called church. I am just pointing out some of its human traditions and pagan practices that are contrary to the bible's teaching. Is that what is called judging in ur dictionary? Why are u crucifying me for speaking the truth. I thought u will even be thanking me for bringing those things to ur notice which ur myopic eyes fail to see but u are doing otherwise. It ought not to be so my friend. I want ur eyes to be open that's all. Nothing more
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adsonstone: 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
chukwudi44:

Do you want me to scold him again for what he had already been scolded for?

Of course, your brother quoted this verse for him and said nothing about your words (you, of course, the culprit; did not accuse your brother of being hypocritical on that issue)....and that's why I brought it to his attention (not yours) and He showed the right attitude towards it.

Here you are again with your usual 'abusive' words.
If I may ask you; why are you unwilling to learn (and change)?

Ukuts gp:

The guy
learns it from the catholic church. And the
thing is in his blood

Pls, Don't make me believe these words about you especially the bold.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:

Excuse me,
May I know the reason you carefully removed all the doctrines concerning the catholic church?
Dummy, when you quote an already quoted piece, it doesnt appear.
adsonstone: In addition to all is quoted;

Likewise, the catholics believe that if you don't practice/believe in these (and many more similar ones), you're in error, out of the true church
and perhaps- lost.

The bold is very correct.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:

....and why did He not follow this;

"Bless them that curse you, and pray for
them

Perhaps, You (personally) need to teach him how to be obedient to lessons in the bible if He cannot learn it directly from the bible or from your Church.

Perhaps you need to mind your business and remove the speck in your own eye first...

...then you might see the beam in Chukwudi's eye.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:

Do you want me to scold him again for what he had already been scolded for?

Of course, your brother quoted this verse for him and said nothing about your words (you, of course, the culprit; did not accuse your brother of being hypocritical on that issue)....and that's why I brought it to his attention (not yours) and He showed the right attitude towards it.

Here you are again with your usual 'abusive' words.
If I may ask you; why are you unwilling to learn (and change)?

Pls, Don't make me believe these words about you especially the bold.
u can believe
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ukuts gp: u see how u are deceiving urself. The guy learns it from the catholic church. And the thing is in his blood

The way you reason ehn...

You wont talk like a human being...

...and you wont let someone talk to human beings.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adsonstone: 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo: Dummy, when you quote an already quoted piece, it doesnt appear.

I expected you to copy and paste in a new quote.

italo:
The bold is very correct.

It has to be.....because that's what you believe.....it is not necessarily true (the truth).

Like you said "what is true/correct to you doesn't mean a thing to the next person"
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ukuts gp: u did not see the scripture i quoted for u i think. Where did u learn how to curse and insult at the same time? Well, i think u know. But know that Nobody condemned ur so called church. I am just pointing out some of its human traditions and pagan practices that are contrary to the bible's teaching. Is that what is called judging in ur dictionary? Why are u crucifying me for speaking the truth. I thought u will even be thanking me for bringing those things to ur notice which ur myopic eyes fail to see but u are doing otherwise. It ought not to be so my friend. I want ur eyes to be open that's all. Nothing more

You have already judged and condemned us to hell.

Yet you wont let us walk to hell in peace.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adsonstone: 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Perhaps you need to mind your business and remove the speck in your own eye first...

...then you might see the beam in Chukwudi's eye.

Likewise you towards Ukuts gp.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ukuts gp: u did not see the scripture i quoted for u i think. Where did u learn how to curse and insult at the same time? Well, i think u know. But know that Nobody condemned ur so called church. I am just pointing out some of its human traditions and pagan practices that are contrary to the bible's teaching. Is that what is called judging in ur dictionary? Why are u crucifying me for speaking the truth. I thought u will even be thanking me for bringing those things to ur notice which ur myopic eyes fail to see but u are doing otherwise. It ought not to be so my friend. I want ur eyes to be open that's all. Nothing more

I am also not insulting you but only saying you are an i*mbecile because of the garbage you have been spewing on this thread.The reasoning behind your posts only show your intellect is far behind that of a mumu.I am not insulting you but rather telling you the truth.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:
I expected you to copy and paste in a new quote.

It has to be.....because that's what you believe.....it is not necessarily true (the truth).

Like you said "what is true/correct to you doesn't mean a thing to the next person"

That's why I'm not heckling people to believe as I do... I mainly react when my belief is attacked.

I know what I believe is true, but I understand that not everyone would feel that way.

So I propose the truth i know when I can, when they refuse, I let them be.

I dont set out to attack other people's faiths because I am not a Pentecostal.

Now, what part of that is biting your body?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

You have already judged and condemned us to hell.

Yet you wont let us walk to hell in peace.

not me but that's what d bible says. Or u think the bible is lying abi. Or u think that God is a respecter of persons. I shake my head in pity for you.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
adsonstone:

Likewise you towards Ukuts gp.

What have I done wrong to Ukuts?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ukuts gp: not me but that's what d bible says. Or u think the bible is lying abi. Or u think that God is a respecter of persons. I shake my head in pity for you.

Why should I take your interpretation of the Bible?

Are you Jesus?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

That's why I'm not heckling people to believe as I do... I mainly react when my belief is attacked.

I know what I believe is true, but I understand that not everyone would feel that way.

we must compare what we believe with the bible. We must follow what is wholesome and true. We all can distinguish between what is right and wrong, good and evil. When we see what is wrong let's label it as dat. Let's call a spade a spade and not agricultural implement. We must not cover the truth. GOD will help us.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

Why should I take your interpretation of the Bible?

Are you Jesus?
is the bible not clear enough to understand? It is not a riddle that may be difficult to figure out.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
Ukuts gp: is the bible not clear enough to understand? It is not a riddle that may be difficult to figure out.

You believe the Bible is easy to understand?

Let us see what the one whom Jesus made our shepherd thinks:

2 Peter 3:15 - And account the longsuffering of our Lord, salvation; as also our most dear brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, hath written to you:16 - As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

You see that you and St. Peter are not practising the same faith?

You see that your interpretation is different from that of St. Peter?

So what religion are you practising?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:07am On Nov 13, 2013
It seems oga enigma forgot d topic at hand.
@enigma, it seems u speak with a bit hate hidden under d tongue, for some time now all u see among catholic are liars and fraudsters, even in a thread with d above topic ur accusations seem more important than addressing d op, it gives d impression dat u hate.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adsonstone: 3:30am On Nov 13, 2013
italo:

Perfect, well said.

Nothing bites me at all.....

I also believe what I practice is true and God-approved (just as so many other people....even Hindus do).....and I, of course, do not/cannot force it on others, though, I try to make them see truth because I can't see my brother practise what I believe to be 'wrong'....and if they refuse, and rather condemn me by calling me 'a liar' or 'false teacher', I just mind my own business as 1 Thess 4:11 teaches me.

However, I don't also support it when someone tries to claim 'primacy'/'authority in Christianity with half-truths.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adsonstone: 3:39am On Nov 13, 2013
italo:

2 Peter 3:15 - And account the longsuffering of our Lord, salvation; as also our most dear brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, hath written to you:16 - As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

If the catholic church believes the Catholic Church believes the bible to be hard, Fine.
The Apostles Paul and Peter do not believe this. Their positions are clear.

Similarly, I (personally) don't believe that the bible is hard to understand because it is not a piece of riddle neither is it a pair of puzzle....though there are some parts that may be difficult but with proper study, it becomes easy.

We'll analyse this with reason....

Ephesians 3:3-4

Apostle Paul said:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto
me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand
my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Here, the Apostle Paul shows He believes that you'll understand His writings to the Church.

Let's examine Apostle Peter's words.
1 Peter 3:16

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of
these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Here, He believes some things (not all) are hard to be understood in the 'bible' (see the first bold), He further says that they that are 'unlearned and unstable' (which I believe no Christian is....perhaps atheists and some other mischievous people) wrest....not all the scriptures and epistles (Bible) as Italo suggested.

Wrest according to Merriam Webster dictionary means:

1. to pull, force, or move by violent
wringing or twisting movements
2. to gain with difficulty by or as if by force,
violence, or determined labor

So, in that context of the Apostles message (wrest simply mean 'understand with difficulty') so, we can conclude that only the 'unlearned and unstable' misunderstand or understand the scriptures and epistles with difficulty. as Apostle Peter did.

....and if there's any Christian that is 'unlearned', here's apostle Paul's message of advice.

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Chikena!

If the apostles believe (and say) you can do it (understand the bible), then you truly can (don't be deceived you can't).
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 5:07am On Nov 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: It seems oga enigma forgot d topic at hand.
@enigma, it seems u speak with a bit hate hidden under d tongue, for some time now all u see among catholic are liars and fraudsters, even in a thread with d above topic ur accusations seem more important than addressing d op, it gives d impression dat u hate.

It seems to me that you are a quite dishonest person or you are selectively blind. You did not see that I was responding to a specific post and the specific point made in the post. And you did not see the post I responded to as off topic even though my post was in respect of the point made in the post. You are not honest enough to recognise that if my post was off topic, then the post I responded to must have also been off topic.

But of course I know why you are blind or choose to be blind: because the post I responded to was spreading the same lies and fraudulent claims that Roman Catholics are trying to hoodwink people with.

You are also blind to the fact that Roman Catholics also abandon the topic of the OP on several threads to spread the lies and fraudulent claims. You only see the people who counter the lies and fraud as going off topic.

I do not mind one bit if you accuse me of going off topic. If Roman Catholics spread lies and fraud, these should be countered and in my case I counter the lies --- with facts. wink

By the way, you are also blind to the hatred shown by your fellow Roman Catholics and accuse me of "hate"! Well, I have "hate" of course ---- for lies and fraud. I have NO "hate" for Roman Catholics as people; my hatred is for falsehood and fraud.

And of course you also conveniently forget all the time I was begging you Roman Catholic people that we should try to remain cordial --- except that inability to face the truth made some of your fellow Roman Catholics turn to crybabies spewing hatred.

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2013
italo:

with the help of the holyspirit u can understand the bible perfectly. I know u are nt an unlearned person, the only thing is dat u always twist scripture to cover the truth. If nt, u know the truth but u are bias.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2013
chukwudi44:

I am also not insulting you but only saying you are an i*mbecile because of the garbage you have been spewing on this thread.The reasoning behind your posts only show your intellect is far behind that of a mumu.I am not insulting you but rather telling you the truth.
u are like a child learning how to talk. U know that i am saying the truth, if u like u can break ur head for it or rather hug a transformer. Just make ur choice small boy.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2013
2 Peter 3:15 - And account the longsuffering of our Lord, salvation; as also our most dear brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, hath written to you:16 - As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

Peter and I never said Scripture cannot be understood, like you are trying to make sound.

We say there are certain things hard to understand.

It seems, even this, is hard for you to understand, much less scripture.

adsonstone:

If the catholic church believes the Catholic Church believes the bible to be hard, Fine.
The Apostles Paul and Peter do not believe this. Their positions are clear.

Similarly, I (personally) don't believe that the bible is hard to understand because it is not a piece of riddle neither is it a pair of puzzle....though there are some parts that may be difficult but with proper study, it becomes easy.

We'll analyse this with reason....

Ephesians 3:3-4

Apostle Paul said:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto
me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand
my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Here, the Apostle Paul shows He believes that you'll understand His writings to the Church.

Let's examine Apostle Peter's words.
1 Peter 3:16

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of
these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Here, He believes some things (not all) are hard to be understood in the 'bible' (see the first bold), He further says that they that are 'unlearned and unstable' (which I believe no Christian is....perhaps atheists and some other mischievous people) wrest....not all the scriptures and epistles (Bible) as Italo suggested.

Wrest according to Merriam Webster dictionary means:

1. to pull, force, or move by violent
wringing or twisting movements
2. to gain with difficulty by or as if by force,
violence, or determined labor

So, in that context of the Apostles message (wrest simply mean 'understand with difficulty') so, we can conclude that only the 'unlearned and unstable' misunderstand or understand the scriptures and epistles with difficulty. as Apostle Peter did.

....and if there's any Christian that is 'unlearned', here's apostle Paul's message of advice.

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Chikena!

If the apostles believe (and say) you can do it (understand the bible), then you truly can (don't be deceived you can't).
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 10:52am On Nov 13, 2013
Get a brain, then we can discuss.

Ukuts gp: with the help of the holyspirit u can understand the bible perfectly. I know u are nt an unlearned person, the only thing is dat u always twist scripture to cover the truth. If nt, u know the truth but u are bias.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adsonstone: 10:54am On Nov 13, 2013
italo: 2 Peter 3:15 - And account the longsuffering of our Lord, salvation; as also our most dear brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, hath written to you:16 - As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

Peter and I never said Scripture cannot be understood, like you are trying to make sound.

We say there are certain things hard to understand.

It seems, even this, is hard for you to understand, much less scripture.

Not you and Peter.
You alone....because Peter believes that its some parts.

The bold in what I quoted in your statement reads
"You believe the Bible is easy to understand?"

Did that refer to some parts in your understanding?

Thank God you now agree that itz some parts.

So, who did Peter say will not understand?
....and how can it be understood?

Honest answers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pilgrimage To Badagry Where Christianity Was First Preached In Nigeria. / Pastor Adeboye Retires Retires Four Senior Pastors / Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.