Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? (18405 Views)

The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / CBN Bank Verification Number Is The Antichrist's Number / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by TheMadame(f): 1:14am On Nov 10, 2013
Good day everybody.
This passage of the Bible has always bothered me. Lots of Men of God are silent on it. What does this passage mean to us as Christians? How does it affect women in the Church in the modern ages?

1st Timothy Chapter 2 verse 12 KJV.
12.But I permit not a woman to teach.
Nor to have authority over the man.
But to be in silence.

Brothers and sisters how can we explain this passage in relation to the number of women who will stand on the pulpit today and teach the gospel?
Are they going against the word of God?
Can a woman preach the gospel or Pastor a church? What is/are the role (s) of women in the church and the home in relation to this passage?

2 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Agishon: 2:12am On Nov 10, 2013
acts 18:26 Priscilla. and Aquila explained the Scripture to Apollos who was a man. this might help us.

2 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by clip: 3:27am On Nov 10, 2013
Some interpret this passage to mean that women should never teach in the assembled church. However,others commentators say that Paul's word "I suffer not"( I never let) can be more literally translated"I am not allowing" Paul did not forbid women from ever teaching men. Paul' s commended co-worker, Prisilla,thought Apollos,the great preacher ( Act 18:24-26). In addition,Paul frequently mentioned other women who held positions of responsibility in the church. Phebe worked in the church ( Romans 16:1) Mary,Tryphena were the Lord's workers (Romans 16:6,12) as were Euodias and syntyche (Philippians 4:2) Paul was here prohibiting the Ephesians women, but not all women from teaching.

6 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 10, 2013
The text does not forbid a woman to speak in any assembly or bible class but authorizes her to do so in a submissive,non leading way.

5 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by okeyxyz(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2013
Agishon: acts 18:26 Priscilla. and Aquila explained the Scripture to Apollos who was a man. this might help us.

clip: Some interpret this passage to mean that women should never teach in the assembled church. However,others commentators say that Paul's word "I suffer not"( I never let) can be more literally translated"I am not allowing" Paul did not forbid women from ever teaching men. Paul' s commended co-worker, Prisilla,thought Apollos,the great preacher ( Act 18:24-26). In addition,Paul frequently mentioned other women who held positions of responsibility in the church. Phebe worked in the church ( Romans 16:1) Mary,Tryphena were the Lord's workers (Romans 16:6,12) as were Euodias and syntyche (Philippians 4:2) Paul was here prohibiting the Ephesians women, but not all women from teaching.

The fact that one is a worker in church or that he/she introduced someone to christianity or relayed a doctrine does not make such a person an authority. A person of authority is one who creates doctrine for the church. It is malpractice to go about conferring authority on women(or anybody for that matter) just because they were workers, servants and disseminators of the christian doctrine.

3 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Dantedasz(m): 7:37am On Nov 10, 2013
The passage is self explanatory-women are to be SILENT in all issues related to Christianity,they are to be seen and not to be heard. Any woman preaching on a pulpit in church is a sinner and has gone against the doctrine of the church-simple.
Stop trying to put a gloss on what the Bible says!

39 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by TheMadame(f): 8:23am On Nov 10, 2013
Hmmm.
57 views and only 6 comments?
This certainly is a controversial topic.
Big thank you to those who have commented so far. Knowledge is power.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Jayses(m): 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
My pastor is a female @ does that takes away my manly hood ?

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
yes they are

6 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
Christianity issues....

Here we go again *sigh*

2 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Decapo: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
I dunno o
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Secularist: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
CONFUSED people.

tongue tongue undecided lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by MrAboki: 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
All female pastors will go to hell... #Period!

angry

4 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Secularist: CONFUSED people.

tongue tongue undecided lipsrsealed

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by moscobabs(m): 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: yes they are
Thanks jare... they are But these so called MOG will not say anything concerning it

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by rexbuton: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
In The church where apostle paul declared that women should be silent, is It not possible that The women were known to be rowdy? And considering that It was The only instance such a declaration was given.. We should also look a jewish tradition at that time, women played a nominal role in The society, lets leave it at that... But the same scripture states that, " in the end time, i'll pour my spirit upon all flesh", so it doesn't really matter who works for God as long as your works are acceptable and you dont work in error.. The ultimate goal is winning as many souls as possible

5 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Sijo01(f): 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Aboki: All female pastors will go to hell... #Period!

angry

Who are you to make such declaration.
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Femistico(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
I don't think xo bcuz God can call anybody be it man ot woman....

first page thinz nooni
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Those were words of Paul ....,,,not Jesus. These apostles were humans like us....they also made mistakes. It's your duty as a christian to learn from their mistakes and also copy their right ways. You shouldn't take everything hook, line and sinker! Only the words that came out of Jesus mouth is devoid of any errors.

My opinion

16 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Just face it, its quite clear no religion condones women... cool

4 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Fasholu: 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
Well..That was then, you can't compare that age with this age..To me, Why not?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by ocheejemb: 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dantedasz: The passage is self explanatory-women are to be SILENT in all issues related to Christianity,they are to be seen and not to be heard. Any woman preaching on a pulpit in church is a sinner and has gone against the doctrine of the church-simple.
Stop trying to put a gloss on what the Bible say!

Because of one single verse taken out of context, you are saying this? Is this even logical to you sir
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by djeezy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is
neither bond nor free, there is neither
male nor female: for ye are all one in
Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28). There is no discrimination in the house of God. Anyone led by the holy spirit can preach and teach the gospel, be it male or female. If I may ask, why can't women preach?

8 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Laslim(m): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
Wahala dey. Oya,, continue i dey hia?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by mrphysics(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
[quote
author=Agishon]acts 18:26 Priscilla. and Aquila explained the
Scripture to Apollos who was a man. this might help us. [/quote] its nt in d church brother, apostle paul said they shud ask dia husband questions @ home and nt to teach where men r in d church, also women can preach when they have women meeting like C.G.I.T, bt in d church pls and pls its nt biblical and it was never recorded in d bible
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
moscobabs:
Thanks jare... they are But these so called MOG will not say anything concerning it
the MOG are all a part of the beast system as well as cozy orjiakors balloons. i like that your joke. hilarious. i laugh no be small grin

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by MrAboki: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sijo01:

Who are you to make such declaration.

An Aboki that has read the Bible..

Women are not supposed to preach in Church and should infact be silent in church. And also cover their hair.

A man is the head of the woman and no woman has the right to lay hands on a man in Prayers.

Study the bible, not your Pastor..

Allah be praised.

3 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Smallville4live(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
TheMadame: Good day everybody.
This passage of the Bible has always bothered me. Lots of Men of God are silent on it. What does this passage mean to us as Christians? How does it affect women in the Church in the modern ages?

1st Timothy Chapter 2 verse 12 KJV.
12.But I permit not a woman to teach.
Nor to have authority over the man.
But to be in silence.

Brothers and sisters how can we explain this passage in relation to the number of women who will stand on the pulpit today and teach the gospel?
Are they going against the word of God?
Can a woman preach the gospel or Pastor a church? What is/are the role (s) of women in the church and the home in relation to this passage?

My dear, this is a very good question you have asked. Thanks.
The woman can teach, but not as a head in the assembly. Example is Pastor. Any woman who is a pastor is going against the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by rexbuton: 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mr Aboki:

An Aboki that has read the Bible..

Women are not supposed to preach in Church and should infact be silent in church. And also cover their hair.

A man is the head of the woman and no woman has the right to lay hands on a man in Prayers.

Study the bible, not your Pastor..

Allah be praised.
mr . Aboki you be clown sha.. Which one come be " Allah be praised" ?
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Domaro: 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
depends on ur belive
Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by MrAboki: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
rexbuton: mr . Aboki you be clown sha.. Which one come be " Allah be praised" ?

grin

Bros, Na Allah dey reign o!!

#Team:: No God but Allah..

8 Likes

Re: Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: the MOG are all a part of the beast system as well as cozy orjiakors balloons. i like that your joke. hilarious. i laugh no be small grin

grin missed you, bro. where have you been?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.