Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! (726 Views)

5 Signs Buhari Will Soon Dump Bola Tinubu / Jonathan’s Campaign Security Chief, 3,000 Others Dump PDP For APC In Edo / How PDP/APC Rig Elections: Ekiti Rigging Meeting Leaked Audio - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! by wales(m): 1:15am On Nov 10, 2013
The Interim National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Lai Mohammed, on Saturday, said the party was optimistic that the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, and other rebel Peoples Democratic Party governors would join APC.

Mohammed told SUNDAY PUNCH that they were still waiting for Amaechi to get back to them after consulting with President Goodluck Jonathan as he promised.

“Amaechi told us to give him time to consult with the President. We are still waiting for him. For now, we can say we are happy with the reception we got in all the states that we visited. We believe that soon we will be reaping the benefits,” he said.

Also a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State, Mr. Esuku Esuku, has expressed optimism that the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, will soon dump the Peoples Democratic Party for the APC.

Esuku, who said the visit of the APC leadership to the state would not be in vain, added that the party would soon take the South-South geopolitical zone by storm.

Describing the APC as formidable, Esuku stated that every person that was of voting age was also an asset to the party.

“By the grace of God, I am a Christian and I work with faith. I remained in the ACN up to the day it merged with the CPC and ANPP to form APC. The visit of the APC leaders to Rivers State can never be for nothing.

“Governor Chibuike Amaechi will move to the APC. The signs are there and we know that every person that is of voting age is an asset to the APC, not to talk of a governor of a state,” he said.

He pointed out that the opposition party had demonstrated that it had the capacity to change the fortunes of the country with sacrifice and good government.

Esuku observed that the PDP failed as the ruling party because it refused to make sacrifices for the improvement of Nigerians’ living standard.

He said the merger of three political parties to form the APC was a sacrifice made by the leaders of the affected political parties in order to save Nigerians from the maladministration of the PDP.

He said, “The APC has demonstrated that it has what it takes to change the fortunes of Nigerians. APC has love for Nigerians and that explains why three political parties collapsed into one to form a formidable party.

“What the country needs is sacrifice. The PDP does not want to sacrifice for the country. The problem we have is that the PDP thinks it will stay in power forever. But the APC is saying the time has come for it to bring the desired change to the country.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/amaechill-soon-dump-pdp-apc/
Re: Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! by wales(m): 1:18am On Nov 10, 2013
tongue
Re: Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! by Gboliwe: 2:38am On Nov 10, 2013
He won't be the 1st nor the last to do that. So, kini big deal?
Why make it seem like a feat? Mchew

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! by Marotzke(m): 5:21am On Nov 10, 2013
Nasir El Rufai APC
Femi Fani Kayode APC
Dino Melaye APC
Rotimi Amechi, you are in good company.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 10, 2013
cheesy
Amaechi we dai wait!
Re: Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! by tmtech: 6:13am On Nov 10, 2013
I don't know y pple jst turn on there political parties in a split second....I keep wondering.....
Unlike football fans eg. Chelsea-no matter what happens whether they continue to lose Or win , they always maintain their status quo......its lyk football fans are much more patriotic than politicians
Cos politicians turn on the pple they represent and even their party that serves as their springboard to limelight............
I hope he know that APC like ACN do have a unique trend , a stratification(queue)....u av to wait till it gets to u....
Re: Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! by frankyychiji(f): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
LMAO! I tot Buhari said d other day that they had captured d rebel G7?? Which one is Lair Mohammed saying again?
Re: Amaechi’ll Soon Dump PDP – APC ! by Abagworo(m): 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
I believe APC will change Nigeria going by what I've seen in the various States under them. Nigeria in itself is not doing badly under Jonathan but he lacks the zeal to accelerate growth by dislinking himself from a bad company that seems to be the stumbling block of his best actions. Jonathan is good man but not strong enough to take personal actions ahead of party interest like Amaechi did by refusing to share money to PDP godfathers in Rivers State.

(1) (Reply)

If Our Under 17 Team Was Disgraced, What Would APC Had Said About GEJ? / Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano / A Boy Found Dead In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.