Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (15395 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by gratieao: 8:46am On Nov 10, 2013
God is all powerful. Yet He allows Satan to carry out his deceitful and destructive activities
The Bible pictures the whole world under the sway of an invisible devil. Where did he come from? Did God create a devil to tempt us and to lead us astray?
IS THERE a devil? Many people talk about the devil and Satan. Others scoff and say it's just superstition and imagination.

If you ask me i will say that the fault lies with the manufacturer (God)! God allegedly created humans, yet he faults us for being guided by our desires, instincts, and natural tendencies. Since he’s supposedly omniscient, God realized how we were destined to turn from the beginning. He must also have realized that his lament would fuel the urge to destroy his precious creations, only to leave himself back where he started. Even so, he creates Adam, yet hundreds of years later, he drowns nearly all the men (time of Noah), women, and children on the face of the earth because he deliberately chose not to make us to his liking the first time.

9 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 10, 2013
Yeah, because the LORD is purifying his servants in the furnace of affliction! You can't just make it to heaven without being purified.

Isaiah 48:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Psalm 34:19 {King James Version (KJV)}

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

Psalm 66:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. 11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins. 12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

Zechariah 13:9 (New King James Version (NKJV))

I will bring the one–third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’” <<<<< This here is the affliction that will follow after WW3.<<<<<

Matthew 24:22 King James Version (KJV)

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. <<<<<< So, the days of the affliction would be shortened for the sake of the LORD's elect who are going to be the remnants after WW3<<<<<<

YAHAWEH BE PRAISED IN OBADIAH777's LANGUAGE grin!!

10 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2013
You are right joor .

The god-defenders will soon return from church ...*going back to my vodka *

4 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by obialfa: 9:52am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:53am On Nov 10, 2013
....you see the Filipinos are too sinful ; that is why the Christian god is allowing a v ;Dery terrible storm to ravage them right now & Vietnam is next!!!

God is in control and he does indeed love us his helpless creation! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by philfearon(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2013
Firstly,note that Satan does not influence anyone,You are only influenced by your Wants..If you want to have it all here,Well,you know who the ruler of the World is....correct that!
2ndly,Have you ever read the Book of Ecclesiastes in Your life before? If you have,you will know that there is time for everything!

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by philfearon(m): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2013
obi alfa: https://www.nairaland.com/1464743/god-powerless
You don go change username abi,Alfa Saltzer?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Iceman296: 10:12am On Nov 10, 2013
God Uses Such things to test our Faith and Trust In Him, Take a Clue from the Job's Story.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2013
doubleDx(m): Quote Post
Yeah, because the LORD is purifying his servants in the furnace of affliction! You can't just make it to heaven without being purified.

Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. 11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins. 12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

I will bring the one–third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’” <<<<< This here is the affliction that will follow after WW3.<<<<<

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. <<<<<< So, the days of the affliction would be shortened for the sake of the LORD's elect who are going to be the remnants after WW3<<<<<<

I just hope you are joking....maybe I didn't quite get your sarcasm.
Which earthly father will tempt the child he loves the way JEHOVAH/ YAHWEH tempts us ...mere humans! It just does not add up.
Only wicked and parochial minds have refused to see through the religion delusion in human history...

For example, if you have 4 children today you can be sure 3 of them can not pass the numerous "fire"-tests of God according to the criteria we daily hear of and as such are going to burn in hell for ever !!! Does this point to a just and loving FATHER?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 10, 2013
^

It's all there in the good book! It's no sarcasm.... I'm for real, serious and I believe in it so much, because the word doesn't lie! It is what it is, your creator knows what is best for you! In all, he is a God of compassion, mercy, truth, a righteous judge! He knows all your afflictions which is why he promised delivering you from all if you continue trusting in him (Psalm 34:19 ). A human judge would never acquit you if you break the law, you MUST serve your full sentence; but the LORD said you should repent and he will acquit you (forgive all your iniquities)!

Ezekiel 18:21-23

21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

His promises are true and they work miracles (Changes and rehabilitation)...But if you continue in your sins, he will let a wicked man AKA "The sword" visit you with a full bucket of judgement grin! Now, that is righteous judgement! I ain't no preacher....nor am I a Church goer but I believe in the WORD because it is true!

Psalm 109:6 King James Version (KJV)

Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2013
Who fire pass ferrari??
(a)lambogini
(b)power bike
(c)carol
(d)hummer
Happy sunday friends cheesy
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by free2ryhme: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2013
God never allowed the devil to influence mankind. God is the creator and controller of the universe and all that is in it, whether animate or inanimate. Any use or disposition He chooses to make of any part of His creation is His sovereign right. God is accountable only to Himself. He reports to nobody. He is not required at any time to give to any person any explanation for anything He says or does. He is the superpower above all powers in every area of His creation

4 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2013
because every one is subject to temptation. Jesus once was.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2013
An interesting topic. . .
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by tosingcfr(m): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2013
when God created man,man was endowed with freewill,that is,the ability to choose between good and evil. He could have created us lik a robot but He neva did.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Vicjay1(m): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2013
God knows the ending of a thing from its beginning. Therefore God knew i was going to comment on this thread today. He knows what the outcome will be if devil tempts me.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 10, 2013
He allowed devil to influence mankind,but still gave us freedom to choose,and know what's good,and bad.the choice is ours..man can't exist without trial,or difficulties in life,we only pray that the trial,and tribulation shouldn't be more that we can bear...God always come to aid when the chips are totally down.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Andyblaze: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Maximus85(m): 11:22am On Nov 10, 2013
doubleDx: Yeah, because the LORD is purifying his servants in the furnace of affliction! You can't just make it to heaven without being purified.

#trash

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by free2ryhme: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2013
Andyblaze: .

Is this how infinitessimal your intelligence is? And you choose to represent it a full spot or dot ? Pathetic

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by alotofgrace(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2013
has google stopped working.....nairaland sef
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 10, 2013
@OP

Nice Questions Raised..

I Just Hope that @ d end, This Religion of a Thing is not a Scam.. Cuz I have thousands of questions and even Pastors can't answer most of em..

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Ruq: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2013
Until you realize it's all part of the plan, haven't you pondered how living in an utopia would be somewhat senseless, a state of equilibrium would mean there's is no purpose, but because I can kill, you cannot, you can steal I cannot, gives us a sense of reason. what I think on is what we will do in heaven if we eventually get there because here it's painted like an utopian world. Which to me is a life of nothing, maybe I've been programmed to think like that about the place because of what's happening in life.

Sometimes I think the devil and God are two gods trying to gain dominance by winning souls. God can't You just kill the devil ?

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by iamteaser: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2013
Ruq: God can't You just kill the devil
The devil is God's servant.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Pukkah: 11:28am On Nov 10, 2013
Iceman296: God Uses Such things to test our Faith and Trust In Him, Take a Clue from the Job's Story.

Don't you think that a reasoning like this belittles the concept of 'God'?

Why should God be interested in testing the faith of anyone or the result of such a needless test? Don't forget, God is supposed to know the end from the beginning. What would it benefit God for anyone to pass or fail the faith test?

The truth is that no religion has been able to clearly and comprehensively explain, without contradictions, explain issues like Satan, Paradise, Hell, Original Sin, Forgiveness, Prayers, Predestination, etc.

The explanations are usually rooted in dogmas and are at best mere conjectures from the mortal minds of men.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by miqos02(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2013
@op, are u ready for this debate?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by ojoawo(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2013
undecidedanyone who told you there's a God or Devil...

SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 10, 2013
Iceman296: God Uses Such things to test our Faith and Trust In Him, Take a Clue from the Job's Story.
When he himself knew we would fall easily
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by free2ryhme: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2013
Maximus85:

#trash

Atleast you could explain what is trash without sounding insignificant
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2013
Djangocode: @OP

Nice Questions Raised..

I Just Hope that @ d end, This Religion of a Thing is not a Scam.. Cuz I have thousands of questions and even Pastors can't answer most of em..

Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye / 2015 Prophetic Prayers, Declarations And Confessions / "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.