Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39126 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:

JW is full of error see how the man cleverly avoided the truth,
From this passage; there nothing hidden about the heaven and those that will be in heaven but they look for reason to believe error.

Revelation 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

If you care for the truth read this. JW have already resolved to believe what they want to believe. Only God’s mercy will deliver some of them. Note that Thessalonians are not Jews but see what Paul told them.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

JW looks for places to use to confuse some ignorant and unfortunate once.
Thanks again dear....
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Dee235: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
Christmasdon: Hello my friends, what are you all saying? Can church lead you to heaven? The answer is a capital 'Y'es. The (only) church that can guarantee you easy salvation is the CATHOLIC CHURCH. Simple, through baptism and other sacramentals offered by the living church(CATHOLIC CHURCH) Why am i saying this. Jesus said to peter "on you i will build my church the gate of hell will not prevail over it" A very clear portion from the bible passage. Of which peter was the first pope the key of heaven was being given to him and his successors. you see! What ever the pope binds here on earth will be bound in heaven. What ever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.(Mt. 18:18) Open your eyes and see clearly.

Brother, no church saves! Only Jesus. In fact hell fire has got some church goers in it.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
rabzy:

For centuries Churches has allowed politicians to use them to propagate their wars...during the biafran war, 'xtians' in the Nigerian army were killing a predominately 'xtian' biafran army and it has been so in all major wars for the past hundreds of years. The bloody wars of Europe were fought by 'xtian' armies and were heavily supported by the different churches. Christians throwing away the bible and killing each other, Catholics killing catholics and protestants killing protestants because of some political gains.

Early Xtians were never interested in the wars of the Nations until apostasy came into Christianity, and JWs have never been interested in wars nor have they ever supported any war.
JW is just about 176 or a little more year old. Christians fighting war does not mean that they were sent by God to fight. There have always been wars and politics that affected Christians.
Christians have been mattered so many times before, God always know how to handle the devil and glorify Himself in the end. Don't accuse Christians about any war; war will always affect them in one way or the other.
If Christians should start to defend themselves; War will start in Nigeria. Many Christians are ignorant of devises of the enemy, which I'm sure you know if you are a Christian.
Christians have never fought any war as a Church, but as a country or tribe or politics.

That JW does not do those things doesn’t make them true bible preachers.
Yes Christian may support any action against any action that may affect them negatively. There by siding one party or the other in a war.

Christians can’t just support the Killing of other Christian by Boko Haram in the North. So, If war starts because Christians refuse to convert to Islam then they are now fighting war. Of course check this out yourself, JW will not join Christians in anything, but they can join Islam or other religion to destroy Christianity.
Find out about this.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by steppin: 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
italo:

You want me to face the truth? Okay accompany me in facing Jehovah's Witnesses "gospel truths."

First things first...did Jehovah's Witnesses teach those "truths" or not?

If they did, were those "truths" true or false?
Quite funny...when i read some posts here. This guy asked a question in bolded words in the first page, but the JW guys couldn't answer the question. Instead, they've been running their mouth and claiming to preach the truth and the kingdom of God.
Pls, answer his question and stop yapping!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
steppin:
Quite funny...when i read some posts here. This guy asked a question in bolded words in the first page, but the JW guys couldn't answer the question. Instead, they've been running their mouth and claiming to preach the truth and the kingdom of God.
Pls, answer his question and stop yapping!

I believe this was answered severally, maybe you failed to notice.

JW never claimed to be infallible. The Bible Students ( later JW ) have had wrong expectations before. They was a time they saw nothing wrong in smoking, celebrating birthdays and Christmas . As understanding of the Bible grew, they came to realize these practices and expectations were wrong and they promptly adjusted.

Really no different from Christ disciples who at one time thought that Christ would establish his kingdom at the time. ( Luke 19:11, Acts 1:6,7). Peter for a while just couldn't grasp why Jesus would have to die (Mark 8:31,32). Eventually he did. Key thing is willingness to make adjustments and continue to study the bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:
Don't misunderstand the thing, When you reference Jesus Christ you are actually referencing God (the same person). That is why if you honor Jesus you are honoring the Father.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

NB: God does not share His Glory with any man or anybody

JW doesn’t honor the Father because they don’t honor the Son.

If Christ is the one reigning now then does it mean that Christ is above God now;
ie So until Christ has finished conquering every enemy including death, Christ is equal/above God.
Or for now Christ is not under God or is above God until the last enemy is distroyed; see yourself.

That place (1 Cir 15:25-28) is referring to the end of time when after everything; Satan, his agents and sinners would have been judged, the new earth and new Heaven would have descended and God will now be all and all and will reign forever.
There will not be need for salvation, so the need for Christ name to be used then is not relevant after this. Let me ask you before Christ was born, it was only God’s name (Jehovah, Yahweh etc) that was been used then, So were was Christ.
Remember Christ said that before Abraham He was.
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

So it was after and for the purpose of salvation that Christ was made manifest. So when God has finished everything about salvation everything about Jesus Christ will be referred to God only.
Infarct, He is the same as God, subjecting Himself under God is what He has been doing even why He was in earth.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

So don’t be confused, Christ has been reigning since and He has always put himself below God, but He is the same person (God)

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

So if Christ is Alpha and Omega, then what is God? So If He is not under God now and He is resigning, where is He now?
Mr man He is the same person.
JW should drop their demonic doctrine; Repent or you perish.
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

There is nothing confusing in the Bible.

Don't misunderstand the thing, When you refrence Jesus Christ you are actually referencing the same person. That is why if you hounour Jesus you are honouring the Father.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Ok. So Jesus and his Father are one and the same person. Is this what you are saying?

Please explain this verse - does it mean the Son ( who is clearly said to be subject to God) is the same as the God he is subject to?

1 Cor 15: 25-28: "For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all".

Also was Stephen suffering from blurry vision when he saw Christ as a distinct and different person at God's right hand in this verse -

Acts 7:55-56 - “But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, 'Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!'.”

Also, Revelation Chapters 4 and 5 detail how the Lamb ( Christ) was the only one worthy to collect the scroll from God, seated on the throne. Another clear example of the distinctness of God and Christ - surely they are two persons.

Rev 5:6,7 - "Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne".

Was God collecting scroll from himself, his other half being seated on the throne?

Or in Psalms 110:1 "Jehovah said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put thine enemies as footstool of thy feet".

Was Jehovah talking to himself - telling himself to sit at his own right hand? ( Note that Jesus himself confirmed that this Psalm 110:1 scripture, written by David was about him - Matt 22:42-46)

You and I know, what you are saying is incorrect. Jesus is clearly a different person from God. He is God's foremost messenger, and represents God, but he is not same as God nor equal:

John 12:49 "I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it".

Malachi 3:1 ""Behold, I send my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me; and the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to his temple; and the [b/] messenger of the covenant, [/b] whom you desire, behold, he comes!" says Yahweh of Armies". WEB

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
Even dou itz a personal decisn.I dnt xpect ny jw 2 reply.Xince in HIS organizatn al tinz takz place orderly nd by arangemnt,d best way 2 answa deir questn z by goin owt 2 preach nd nt reply.Cos reply wld only mak dm misquote us some mre.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by zarrina1200: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hello My Dear,
Please pardon me if I busted into you in a wrong way, but i like to say this
truth in my heart.
I must confess that you are handsome and I would like you to know that this
handsomeness i see in you is the heart of every woman. I would like to know you
better as I am searching for a long lasting relationship.

I am a woman and my name is Miss zarrina and I just saw your profile and
sincerely i like you and would like to have a good relationship with you.
Also please tell me more about yourself, what is your Nationality, what is your
job and your position in your working place and everything you think I need to
know about you as your good friend.

Sorry if I ask too much Question just want to know you better and as I said
above my name is zarrina isako and I will tell you more about myself too when
I get your reply Do have a pleasant day and stay blessed. and here is my email
address (zarrinasaabira602@yahoo.co.uk) to write and send me an email I wait for
your reply. (zarrinasaabira602@yahoo.co.uk)
I will send my picture if i hear from you.
zarrina.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
thinkdip:
Please read the prophecy about him in isaiah 9:6
so Isaiah says He is God abi grin !!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
zarrina1200:
Hello My Dear,
Please pardon me if I busted into you in a wrong way, but i like to say this
truth in my heart.
I must confess that you are handsome and I would like you to know that this
handsomeness i see in you is the heart of every woman. I would like to know you
better as I am searching for a long lasting relationship.

I am a woman and my name is Miss zarrina and I just saw your profile and
sincerely i like you and would like to have a good relationship with you.
Also please tell me more about yourself, what is your Nationality, what is your
job and your position in your working place and everything you think I need to
know about you as your good friend.

Sorry if I ask too much Question just want to know you better and as I said
above my name is zarrina isako and I will tell you more about myself too when
I get your reply Do have a pleasant day and stay blessed. and here is my email
address (zarrinasaabira602@yahoo.co.uk) to write and send me an email I wait for
your reply. (zarrinasaabira602@yahoo.co.uk)
I will send my picture if i hear from you.
zarrina.
@zarina,u b scammer,al ur 9posts,itz d xame tin u xay in evry topic...God wld hlp u...Smh
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:
JW is just about 176 or a little more year old. Christians fighting war does not mean that they were sent by God to fight. There have always been wars and politics that affected Christians.
Christians have been mattered so many times before, God always know how to handle the devil and glorify Himself in the end. Don't accuse Christians about any war; war will always affect them in one way or the other.
If Christians should start to defend themselves; War will start in Nigeria. Many Christians are ignorant of devises of the enemy, which I'm sure you know if you are a Christian.
Christians have never fought any war as a Church, but as a country or tribe or politics.

That JW does not do those things doesn’t make them true bible preachers.
Yes Christian may support any action against any action that may affect them negatively. There by siding one party or the other in a war.

Christians can’t just support the Killing of other Christian by Boko Haram in the North. So, If war starts because Christians refuse to convert to Islam then they are now fighting war. Of course check this out yourself, JW will not join Christians in anything, but they can join Islam or other religion to destroy Christianity.
Find out about this.
You were the one that mentioned that if Christians are peace lovers and that if Xtians were interested in wars, Islam and Jehovah's Withnesses would have all perished.
The truth Jesus taught was that we should not engage in warfare but history has shown that 'christians' or christian nations has been interested in wars as much as anybody else which is not what Jesus taught. Whereas the Jehovah's Witnesses you mentioned have been known to refrain from all forms of warfare.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by emekatny: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
Am happy wit d way dis post was addressed. Y?in a situatn lik dis wen dere are no critics,d truth wil neva b heard. 10anks my broda 4 stressing d fact"God's kingdom" is d only solutn 2 mankinds problem. The signs of d end proves Gods rule has began.2tim 3:1-5 shows d time we live in, as man has proved to continued 2 dominate his fellow man to his injury. JW do nt celebrate xmas is simple as ABC(no record in d bible shows dat jesus christ a man who live 4 30yrs+ did it 4 once no matter how happy he was and neva ask his follower 2 continue to do dis after his gone).how com ur rcc see it fitting 2 celebrate. Critics:where were u wen rcc bless weapons of mass destruction and also bless same sex marriage contrary to bible doctrine.stil followin suit abi.(u are saint father of theological school and lecturer of same sch of thought.more verse dan dem in knowledge of bible abi...) Face d truth rather dan critizing odas wen u are nt fit urself.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:
Don't misunderstand the thing, When you reference Jesus Christ you are actually referencing God (the same person). That is why if you honor Jesus you are honoring the Father.

NB: God does not share His Glory with any man or anybody

JW doesn’t honor the Father because they don’t honor the Son.

If Christ is the one reigning now then does it mean that Christ is above God now;
ie So until Christ has finished conquering every enemy including death, Christ is equal/above God.
Or for now Christ is not under God or is above God until the last enemy is distroyed; see yourself.

That place (1 Cir 15:25-28) is referring to the end of time when after everything; Satan, his agents and sinners would have been judged, the new earth and new Heaven would have descended and God will now be all and all and will reign forever.
There will not be need for salvation, so the need for Christ name to be used then is not relevant after this. Let me ask you before Christ was born, it was only God’s name (Jehovah, Yahweh etc) that was been used then, So were was Christ.
Remember Christ said that before Abraham He was.
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

So it was after and for the purpose of salvation that Christ was made manifest. So when God has finished everything about salvation everything about Jesus Christ will be referred to God only.
Infarct, He is the same as God, subjecting Himself under God is what He has been doing even why He was in earth.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

So don’t be confused, Christ has been reigning since and He has always put himself below God, but He is the same person (God)

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

So if Christ is Alpha and Omega, then what is God? So If He is not under God now and He is resigning, where is He now?
Mr man He is the same person.
JW should drop their demonic doctrine; Repent or you perish.
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

There is nothing confusing in the Bible.

Don't misunderstand the thing, When you refrence Jesus Christ you are actually referencing the same person. That is why if you hounour Jesus you are honouring the Father.

Jesus christ was a messenger from God and the Jews refused to accept him but they claim they worship, honour and love God, But Jesus was telling them that if you dont honour me who God sent then you are not honouring the person that sent me. That does not make Jesus his father, what he said is that if you disrespect me you disrespect who i came to represent. Even in the human diplomacy, it is the same. The ambassador represents the country, the messenger represents the king that sends him, if you attack the embassy of a country, you are attacking the country. JWs honour Jesus christ very well, but if you think making him God almighty is honour....it is not, it is blasphemy.

Christ is reigning with the authority of God, he derives his legitimacy, power and authority from God, So how can he be above him that gave him the authority...there is nowhere in the scriptures where God placed himself under Christ...he is always depicted in a lower position to God in all references to him...He is always seen at the right hand of God, never on Gods throne.
Before Abraham..before the the creation of anything else....Jesus christ has existed for uncountable number of years with his father in heaven...(islam does not teach any of these, so please stop lumping us with islam)

I Have to go now i will talk on the alpha and omega expressions later
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by khaleb(m): 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Maximus85:

I'll just ask you a very simple question. If Jesus was God in the flesh, Who was he praying to all the times he prayed? and at his Baptism, who said those things about Jesus being his son and that we should listen to him?

You knw John 3:16 sooooo well. Jesus is God abi? And he sent himself to earth, he called himself his own begotten son abi?.

I pray that someday, God will OPEN ur mind eyes
jesus is the son of God very simple! Don't you ever open your bible?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
rabzy:
You were the one that mentioned that if Christians are peace lovers and that if Xtians were interested in wars, Islam and Jehovah's Withnesses would have all perished.
The truth Jesus taught was that we should not engage in warfare but history has shown that 'christians' or christian nations has been interested in wars as much as anybody else which is not what Jesus taught. Whereas the Jehovah's Witnesses you mentioned have been known to refrain from all forms of warfare.

You are no better yourself then....So,what of the Israelites that God do give war plans to fight? So,God is now contradicting himself right?
So,if someone takes a fight to your doorstep,and u have the means to wad them off,yet u are just there and die like a fool? And u think God will clap 4 u and say welldone my child 4 committing suicide right?
Yet u forget that some people must fight in War right?
It all still falls back to the Fact that Jw's want the world to be destroyed as soon as possible so that they will inherit the new earth!! Programmed set of people they are,JW!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
rabzy:

Jesus christ was a messenger from God and the Jews refused to accept him but they claim they worship, honour and love God, But Jesus was telling them that if you dont honour me who God sent then you are not honouring the person that sent me. That does not make Jesus his father, what he said is that if you disrespect me you disrespect who i came to represent. Even in the human diplomacy, it is the same. The ambassador represents the country, the messenger represents the king that sends him, if you attack the embassy of a country, you are attacking the country. JWs honour Jesus christ very well, but if you think making him God almighty is honour....it is not, it is blasphemy.

Christ is reigning with the authority of God, he derives his legitimacy, power and authority from God, So how can he be above him that gave him the authority...there is nowhere in the scriptures where God placed himself under Christ...he is always depicted in a lower position to God in all references to him...He is always seen at the right hand of God, never on Gods throne.
Before Abraham..before the the creation of anything else....Jesus christ has existed for uncountable number of years with his father in heaven...(islam does not teach any of these, so please stop lumping us with islam)

So,you have made a Point now right? Smh!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Bigmadam1(f): 9:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
hardbody: The reason is simple, Jesus said if they treated him like sh.it, so also will they treat his followers. For the truth seekers, if you find time to listen to them, they will answer all your question, citing your own bible. It appears to me that they are basically the only people that say it the way it is hence a lot of the other religous propagandists do not want to hear them telling them the gospel truth.

By the way i like your moniker @ booty
Mayb u ar a member dat's y u talk dat, if nt,do dey practice wat dey preach?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by kid7soccer(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
They preach love, care, heaven, but don't practise it. Most of them are very wicked, they are know were they live. D once that live close to me can't even greet u gudmorning, they don't even care about anyone that live near them, wether fire is burning in our enivorment e no b der business. When it time to preach they will not come to us since we know dat they fake, they will go to a place were people don't know them and preach while they will send others to my house. Most of them dat com to my house i no them wela. The truth is i don treat them bad, i let them preach to me, collect their books(shikina). me go folow wertin dey my bible.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by thinkdip(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:

JW is full of error see how the man cleverly avoided the truth,
From this passage; there nothing hidden about the heaven and those that will be in heaven but they look for reason to believe error.

Revelation 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

If you care for the truth read this. JW have already resolved to believe what they want to believe. Only God’s mercy will deliver some of them. Note that Thessalonians are not Jews but see what Paul told them.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

JW looks for places to use to confuse some ignorant and unfortunate once.
God bless you so much my bro. For that piece of spirited words,i wish they'll go and read how JWs came all about..and they'll be stunned...they hate singing any other christian gathering songs..(Praise,worship)..but worldly songs sound great in their hear and they sing it with utmost joy. They are like the priest of the old days who oppose Jesus teaching. They know the best in their eye..they are the ones the bible prophesied about carrying false teaching..they Don't also believe in resurection.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by docadams: 2:26am On Nov 22, 2013
budusky05:

Christ said we would pass tru tribulation to enter the kigdom, nd ur churches preach its not ur portion to suffer, Jesus humbled himself nd went from door to door to preach nd ur church leaders can't even go to VI to preach not to talk of visiting the poor, now them and christ who is greater?
I have devoted a lot of hours to following this discussion. The above submission really jolted me and got me thinking about our commitment to what we claim to be. I live close to the residence of the president of CAN. The security detail is quiet astonishing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by docadams: 2:36am On Nov 22, 2013
lisasonesis: More so, do u not believe that THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT ARE ONE? if yes! ok let's see some references;
1 John 4:4 .......greater is HE that's in u
qtn: who is this he that's in u? is it Jesus or is it the Father or the holy spirit?
like I said, the father never leaves his throne .we are told in the bible that THE HOLY SPIRIT is the angel of God's presence. in other words He is the conveyor of God's presence.I said the HolySpirit is the doer of God's work.
God was in heaven yet he was in Jesus "....THE FATHER IN ME DOETH THE WORK" say Jesus.
qtn: is the Holy Spirit the Father? Yes! Has God the father left his throne? no. is the holy spirit another hierarchy of God? no. God cannot function without His spirit. (remember, Two persons in one God)
the father is in heaven but sends his spirit. it's a mystery.
John 16:13 Howbeit when he the spirit of truth, is come, he will guide u into all truth. for he shall not speak of himself..
GREATER IS HE THAT'S IN U.....is it talking about Jesus or the Holy ghost? if it's talking about Jesus ok let's see;
John14 :16 And I will pray to the father, and he shall give u another comforter that he may abide with u forever.
17 Even the spirit of truth who the world cannot receive because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him; for he dwelleth with u n shall BE IN U.
can there be manifestation of the spirit if there is no word of God(Jesus)? no.
Jesus is not complete without the church so also is God Almighty without THE FATHER, THE WORD(JESUS) AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.

CHRIST IN U THE HOPE OF THE GLORY
Qtn: is Jesus not Christ? if he is how come Jesus is living inside of me and the Holy ghost is also living inside of me? does that mean two personalities are in me? hmm
this will begin to explain to u that these 3 are one Godhead.
This is 'confusionism'.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by docadams: 3:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Ozichim:

Answering your questions:

1, The Christian God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is three in one. Human being was made in God’s Image.
There was never a time when there was no God because when Christ was death, He was still in charge, according to the bible Christ descended into hell to liberate the souls in there.
There was never a time when there was no God because when the body of a man sleeps, the man is till there and still exists. (man is made of Spirit, Soul and body). So when the spirit is sleeping the man is still there. Christ rose from the death and returned to His Glory.

2, When Christ was baptized the father said this is my beloved Son. It was God the father that said that.
You can liken God the father as the soul of man.
ie For God: For Man:
God the Father, ------------------- Soul of Man,
God the Son (Jesus Christ), ------ Man’s body man’s flesh (The visible body),
God the Holy Spirit----------------- Spirit of man

3, Jesus always refer to God the father as “Father” because that's the best way man can understand His personality, if you understand what “I am the Son of God” imply you will also understand what “My Father” mean.
John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Joh 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Joh 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Let me say something here, If you know that your son is a human being then just know that God’s Son is God. Otherwise your son may be goat or monkey.

When Jesus call God His Father they and when He say He is the Son of God they try to kill him because they understand that He is telling them that He is God. John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
JESUS CHRIST!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Contactman(m): 3:49am On Nov 22, 2013
try69: They should go and preach in the places where the good news has not been heard, it's good for christianity. What more do they want to tell me that I don't know OK, this is what I know

i liked those amazing facts you just mentioned about Jehovah's Witnesses. Could you please mail them to me @ mandavoo@yahoo.com thanx
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 7:43am On Nov 22, 2013
Contactman: i liked those amazing facts you just mentioned about Jehovah's Witnesses. Could you please mail them to me @ mandavoo@yahoo.com thanx

Those are not facts, they are orchestrated lies engineered by the leading clergymen using the press to repeatedly hound CT Russell.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 7:55am On Nov 22, 2013
Those stories and outright lies you called 'amazing facts' are just wicked lies used to malign CT Russell. I am going to shed more lights some of those cases cited so that sincere people can see the true story. i am not going to bother with the doctrinal issues because those have been discussed a thousand times..even though some things we never teach are also mentioned there just to discredit us.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2013
Flawed Character
Rev. J.J. Ross published a pamphlet that exposed Russell's false claims and doctrines. He revealed that Russell "never attended the higher schools of learning; knows comparatively nothing of philosophy, systematic or historical theology; and is totally ignorant of the [biblical] languages [i.e. Hebrew and Greek]". Ross concluded that Russell's teaching was "anti-rational, anti-scientific, anti-Biblical, [and] anti-Christian." Russell unsuccessfully tried to stop circulation of this damaging information by suing Rev. Ross for defamatory libel. However, he not only lost the suit, but in the process perjured himself in court when he lied under oath about his knowledge of the Greek language. In the end Russell admitted the statements about himself in the pamphlet were true.[color=#550000]

Now let me state that CT Russell is a man that was seeking the truth of the scriptures and he consulted with several people, clergymen and others of his time so that they can all gain a better understanding of the scriptures....They got a lot of things right and some they were wrong about but they still kept on studying the scriptures to gain a better understanding....till today....the study of the scriptures continues and the light still keeps getting brighter and brighter until the day becomes firmly established....Prov 4:18
The Man himself has the frailties of all humans but lies and lies and lies were said about him to discredit him.

The Ross Libel

Rev. J. J. Ross, of Hamilton, Ontario, published a libelous pamphlet against Pastor Russell. A warrant was issued for the arrest of Ross. He evaded the officer for some time and even failed to keep his appointment at his church to prevent the officer from taking him into custody. Finally, he was taken before George E. Jelfs, Police Magistrate, on the charge of criminal libel. Upon a hearing he was committed for trial. Upon motion, the Superior Court quashed the commitment because of a technical error the proceedings. Ross was again taken before the Magistrate.

When the case came on for hearing the second time Pastor Russell, who was a necessary witness, was away on an extended trip in Panama and other parts of the South, filling appointments previously made, and had no notice of the date of hearing. Ross and his counsel tried to make it appear that Pastor Russell was evading the trial. As soon as Pastor Russell returned to Brooklyn and heard that he was wanted he immediately notified the Magistrate that he was ready to come to Canada. He did go and gave his testimony. Again the Magistrate committed Ross to appear before the high court to answer an indictment to be preferred by the Grand Jury. When the case came on in that court the Judge of the court in charging the Grand Jury relative to its duties, among other things, said to the jury: "Unless the jury finds that this alleged libel would cause a breach of the public peace in Canada then no indictment should be returned, but the parties should resort to civil suit for damages." The jury returned "no bill," and it is manifest that they could not have done otherwise under this charge of the Court, for the reason that Pastor Russell lived in Brooklyn, New York, and Rev.

Ross lived in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and it would be physically impossible for the libel to cause a breach of the public peace when the parties were so far apart.

Thus it will be seen that the issues were never tried and never determined. Pastor Russell did not resort to civil action for damages, for the reason that he was advised that such an action would be useless, since Ross is irresponsible financially and could not be compelled by such a proceeding to publish a retraction.

SOME OF THE WITNESSES Row 1—J.A. Robinson, M.D., Taunton, Mass.; J.W. Doane, Supt., Truro, N.S.; M.S. Davis, Teacher, Orange Cal.; A.M. Zimmerman, Mfr., Lancaster, Pa.; G.W. Evans, Halifax, N.S.; A.F. Oberg, Mcht., Cromwell, Ct.; C.W. Stambaugh, Mfr., Demorest, Ga.

Row 2—I.I. Margeson, Pomologist, Boston, Mass.; A.B. Landrum, Photographer, Waco, Tex.; J.F. Davault, Mfr. Anna, Ill.; W.H. Meneray, Rancher, Winnipeg, Man.

Row 3—W. Hall, M.D., Wilmington, N.C.; F.G. Mason, Ins., Springfield, Mass.; E.B. Douglas, Undtkr., Chelsea, Mass.; H.R. Smith, Mfr., Wichita, Kas., D.E. Dilts, Frederick, Okla.; M.S. Workman, Rep., Boston, Mass.; E.W.V. Kuehn, Mcht., Toledo, O.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 8:39am On Nov 22, 2013
In 1906 Russell ' s wife successfully sued for divorce because of "his conceit, egotism, domination and improper conduct in relation to other women," and won a settlement of $6,036. The court severely censured Russell and called his conduct "insulting," "domineering" and "overbearing" to a degree which made life intolerable to a sensitive Christian woman.

This is another distortion of what happened between CT Russell and his wife by the same Rev Ross. This is what Rev Ross said:
"He (Pastor Russell) sought to evade payment fixed by the court by fleeing from one State to another, making it necessary for his wife to get an extradition order, which she did, and which led to the condemnation of the cunning pastor by a third court, and the increase of the alimony."

This is what happened.

Rev. Ross probably did not know that extradition proceedings cannot be resorted to enforce a money judgment. No "extradition order" was made, nor were there any extradition proceedings. Upon the hearing of the question of alimony, the Court adjudged that Mrs. Russell should receive from her husband the sum of $100 per month. This order was made March 4, 1908. The amount of alimony was never increased.

In the early part of the winter of 1908 arrangements were made to transfer the main office of the Bible Society’s work to Brooklyn, New York, for the reasons heretofore stated. Some time was required to accomplish this work, but the removal, which was open and above board, was completed in March, 1909. The Pittsburgh papers made mention of the removal. Pastor Russell remained in Pittsburgh until everything was removed that was to be removed, himself being the last one of the office force to leave Pittsburgh. No attempt was made to interfere with the removal, as indeed there could not have been any successful attempt.

In December, 1908, Mrs. Russell filed certain suits to set aside the transfer of property made by her husband to the WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY, and to enforce the payment of alimony.

Prior thereto, at a hearing of the testimony on the alimony branch of the separation case, Pastor Russell had testified that before the organization of the WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY, both he and his wife having consecrated their all to be used in the religious work in which they were engaged in serving the Lord, it was agreed between them that all of his property should be turned over to the WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY, FOR THAT PURPOSE. The property was his and he had the right to do with it as he pleased. That after their separation, acting in good faith and in harmony with their said agreement, he had transferred his property to said Society, and that he had not the means with which to pay the amount of alimony allowed by the Court. The personal property had already been exhausted by the Society.
Early in April, 1909, and after said Society and Pastor Russell had removed to Brooklyn, the aforesaid cases came on for hearing on motions, Mr. Carpenter and myself appearing on behalf of said Society and Pastor Russell. After hearing the motions, the Court took the matter under advisement and afterwards decided it, holding that Mr. Russell’s transfer of the property to the Society was a fraud on his wife and that the alimony must be paid. As it is well understood, a man’s act may operate as a legal fraud against another, even though he acts in absolute good faith. Besides, court decisions are not infallible, as we all know, because rendered by imperfect human beings. At the time of the rendition of this decision, Pastor Russell’s residence was in Brooklyn, but he at the time was in Europe, on his semi-annual lecture tour of Great Britain. He had not been advised of the decision of the Court upon this point. He stated to me prior thereto that he would be glad to pay Mrs. Russell, but he had no money, which fact I knew to be true.

During the absence of Pastor Russell in Europe, as aforesaid five men, his personal friends, without his knowledge, ascertained the amount of money required to meet the judgment of alimony. They raised more than the necessary amount among themselves, placed it in my hands and sent me to Pittsburgh to pay this judgment. I went to Pittsburgh and with Mrs. Russell’s attorneys settled all the litigation, paying to her every cent, interest included, which the court had allowed her, together with all the court costs. These facts appear from the court records. Mrs. Russell has never been cheated or defrauded out of one penny by her husband, but has received everything that the court allowed her.

We submit that the furnishing of more than $10,000 by his five friends to relieve him of a judgement as above mentioned, and that without his knowledge, is a strong testimony of the high esteem in which Pastor Russell is held by those who know him.

So these personal of properties of Russell were long pledged to be donated by Russell and his wife to the work of God, and after their separation, he donated the properties, his wife on hearing about it later sued for alimony. She was awarded a settlement of 6000 dollars which Russell could not even pay because he had given out all his properties, it was his friends that gathered the money and paid for him and then a monthly payment of 100 dollars was also awarded which he kept paying from his allowance. He acted in good faith and was not an attempt at defrauding his wife.

This was what led to their separation.

DOMESTIC TROUBLES

Pastor Russell was married in 1879. For the first thirteen years of their married life he and Mrs. Russell lived happily together. They were both engaged in religious work, and had been even before their marriage. A semi-monthly religious journal, THE WATCH TOWER, was published, of which Pastor Russell was and still is the editor. She became dissatisfied with his manner of conducting this journal and attempted to dictate the policy thereof. Being the head of the house, Pastor Russell would not submit to his wife’s dictating the manner of conducting his business affairs. Without notice, she voluntarily separated herself from him in 1897, nearly eighteen years after their marriage. For nearly seven years she lived separate and apart from him, he furnishing her a separate home.

In June, 1903, she filed in the Court of Common Pleas at Pittsburgh a suit for legal separation. They had been actually separated for nearly seven years. In April, 1906, the cause came on for trial before Justice Collier and a jury.

It has been remarked by a number of lawyers who have read the record in this case that "no court has ever before granted a separation upon so slight testimony as appears in this case."

The record discloses nothing except a misunderstanding between husband and wife, and which at one time was adjusted, by mutual consent. The issue being submitted to the jury they evidently concluded that, being already actually separated for a period of seven years, a legal separation might as well take place.

That Mrs. Russell herself did not believe and never has believed that her husband was guilty of immoral conduct is shown by the record in this case where her own counsel (on page 10) asked Mrs. Russell this question: "You don’t mean that your husband was guilty of adultery?" Ans. "No."

There never has been an absolute divorce of either of the parties.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Vicky2k(m): 9:12am On Nov 22, 2013
Personally, I don't Treat them in a bad way. I can Tolerate them and hear their teachings and they go off. I Never Miss to Collect their Monthly Magazines- Awake and Watch Tower. They are very Informative as they often Provide some good statistical data concerning the 21st Century Life

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2013
rabzy:

Can't you see you have decided to believe what you believe? You said you believe in Jesus Christ but you don’t agree to what Jesus has said and you believe what people that don’t believe said about Him.

We are not into comprehension competition here. So, stop analyzing that your human childish login. Be a man. Christ Called himself son of God so you will know that God is not two, so you will know that It is the same God in flesh.

JW is antiChrist spirit. Jesus said He is the Son of God and it means that He is making Himself God and He did not deny that, but you want to explain to the crowds what Jesus mean by "He is the Son of God". Thus believing you understood more that the crowds that were physically present during t He teaching.

Mr. Man stop hiding and pretending; the spirit behind JW is Spirit of antichrist almost every mature Christian is aware of that fact.

John 9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
John 9:36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
John 9:37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talked with thee.
John 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. [/color]And he worshipped him.

What I’m telling you is for everybody to see how far you people have gone to accept deception and stick to it. However it is only God that can open your eye.
From above passages you can see Jesus even receiving worship from a believer. Christians doesn’t worship two God. They worship only one God, So if Christ is not God then there is a serious confusion. Check the entire Bible it is only God and Christ that received worship from People. I’m not telling you to believe, but for everybody to see that JW stubbornness is deliberate, it is spiritual.

Take a look again:
John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30 .I and my Father are one.
John 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

You still have option to believe or not to believe the person of Jesus Christ, you need to believe so you can be saved.

Sorry I will show you more, As I said It is not by force, take what I’m showing you to your JW study let them confuse you the more; or you can just check them in the scripture yourself and believe.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
God is always the first in everything He first create HIMSELF (So He is the first born)
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (If Jesus Christ create everything; then He is God, God created all things)
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
(If Christ is before all thing then He is God, It is only God that existed before all things; Alpha & Omega first & Last, beginning & End),
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

More:
Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

More:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (JW turned this “God” to god “small g”, to confuse people)
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
“Joh1:3” is saying that if not for Christ nothing would have been created; hence If Christ is not the same God that creates that statement would have been false; Because God would have found another way to create things.”

You can go ahead to deceive yourself, but I have told you to run away from JW or you wait for damnation.
I’m taking time to explain this for people to see not that JW will accept Christ personality, But I know this believe is very important to Christian faith. That's why Devil is attacking it(antichrist).

JW witness is not Christian Church; they have a different purpose against the Church (Christians) and against Human soul.
JW was formed almost the same time with Islam find out, they are operating with the same spirit with the same goal but with a different face and style.
Islam is clear and operating outside the Church but JW hides within the church and looks like Christian Church

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by iamdsam: 11:52am On Nov 22, 2013
hardbody: The reason is simple, Jesus said if they treated him like sh.it, so also will they treat his followers. For the truth seekers, if you find time to listen to them, they will answer all your question, citing your own bible. It appears to me that they are basically the only people that say it the way it is hence a lot of the other religous propagandists do not want to hear them telling them the gospel truth.

By the way i like your moniker @ booty
BIG LIE!!! They aren't preaching the real truth. They don't support joining the military and other arms attached to it but the same military protect them. Their preaching is too hypocritical and that's why I don't like them.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
JMAN05:

So stop lies about NWT please.

That publication you quoted. After some research on this subject, I doubt if Russell stated that 1914 will be an end to times of trouble. I just cant lay hand on that publication you quoted.

But let me quoted secular source of what the witness spoke about. First they preached that that year will be the end of the gentile times, though not having full knowledge of what really was going to happpen. the time of the gentiles did end in that year and we ve not changed that belief till today cos we saw the visible manifestation of it.

Though some began to have uninscriptural expectation that they were going to receive their reward in heaven that year, this was not included in the chronology which gave rise to the prediction of the end of the gentile times. it was just an expectation arising from there not knowing fully what will happen after 1914. If this wrong expectation is what you mean, then you are correct, that however, never meant that what they said about 1914 failed.

But they did indeed saw that that year will mark the beginning of troubles NOT end of it according to Matthew's account. Lets see the local Newspaper report.

“The terrific war outbreak in Europe has fulfilled an extraordinary prophecy. For a quarter of a century past, through preachers and through press, the ‘International Bible Students,’ best known as ‘Millennial Dawners,’ have been proclaiming to the world that the Day of Wrath prophesied in the Bible would dawn in 1914. ‘Look out for 1914!’ has been the cry of the hundreds of traveling evangelists.”—The World, a New York newspaper, August 30, 1914.

Hello mr jman05, i have seen you have been having a field day. I created a new thread where i want us to handle the following

1. Equating of jonah's warning vs russell 1914 prediction

2. On which "bible", did russell use to come up with the chronology that culminated with 1914 as the end of trouble.

3. What does this mean, end of the gentile time?

Looking forward to seeing you here => https://www.nairaland.com/1525969/jman05-bernimoore-jonahs-warning-vs#19687289
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
There are some churches you should not waste your time with, JW, Deeper Life (and many protestant churches) etc. Their doctrine is totally contradictory to the bible they carry as logo wherever they go. One man will wake up one day, formulate his own doctrine, come out with his own teachings and fallible interpretations of the scripture, he will deceive many other gullible people and make them his disciples, start a church and call themselves the "true Christians". In short, many will miss heaven because they are gullible and their founders will not be speared on judgement day either because it will be better to tie a stone round their necks and thrown into the sea for letting their followers derail from the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) / This Dream My Fiancee's Mother Had Is Bothering My Fiancee And I. / Chris Okotie: Social Distancing In Church Is Like Blasphemous Infidelity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.