Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39139 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 20, 2013
obadiah777: cuz they are wicked. they go around with tracts showing heaven and not one single black person is there. cheesy the ones i have encountered anyway

We do not teach that only whites will be in heaven.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 20, 2013
Double post
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @hisblud

im not a jw! but you have forced 'warning' on jonah's issue,

a, where is Gods message of warning to jonah in the bible that suggest warning? quote the verse here please, dont fail to do that!

b, did jonah added warning to his message to the nineveh? if yes, quote the verse here please

c, did nineveh return to the same bad ways after God decides to change his mind? and was the prophecy of destruction fufilled on ninevites later on? answer

im waiting for your reply
thanks, good that you aint a jw, let me ask you a simple question. Say you were in 1894 and a prediction came that in 1914, troubles will end becos Yahshua will return. Now some people repented and some did not, will the repentance of people cause God Who knows the day and hour to delay/postpone the return of Yahshua becos some of them repented?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2013
JMAN05:

that is not the question. give me reasons for calling NWT false. I will take your refusal to provide a prove as a deceitful lie.

1914 is not a lie. I wonder who fed you with that.
me been deceitful. Ok oh, did this occur? Answer me yes or no, long grammar not needed.
"But bear in mind that the end of1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble. Zion's Watch Tower 1894 Jul 15 p.226
are we still seeing trouble?

Secondly, which bible did the prophet use to come about the chronology that culminated in trouble ending in 1914 ? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lisbon007: 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
The god of this system (satan)has blinded the minds and eyes of the unbeliever so that the glorious illumination about the 'the goodnew' might not shine through..

Who on earth today preach that Gods kingdom is the only solution to mankinds problems as Christ Jesus said we should in Mtt 6:9,10...?

This same people that knock on our doors...Jehovahs witnesses

im glad my studies is progressing...

All im begging Jehovah is to open peoples eyes like he did mine..i've been to 7 churches including catholic and methodist, non has lasted for 18months because all they teach is tradition of men and philosophy and wealth..

May Jehovah keep me in his Love..

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
Lisbon007: The god of this system (satan)has blinded the minds and eyes of the unbeliever so that the glorious illumination about the 'the goodnew' might not shine through..

Who on earth today preach that Gods kingdom is the only solution to mankinds problems as Christ Jesus said we should in Mtt 6:9,10...?

This same people that knock on our doors...Jehovahs witnesses

im glad my studies is progressing...

All im begging Jehovah is to open peoples eyes like he did mine..i've been to 7 churches including catholic and methodist, non has lasted for 18months because all they teach is tradition of men and philosophy and wealth..

May Jehovah keep me in his Love..

please open another thread on the kingdom of God which according to paul is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. EOD

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by OgologoDimkpa: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by josazee: 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
who said they are plagues?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lilimax(f): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
I call them 'Ndi Uka akpa' grin (if you understands what I meant to say)
They preach heresy so to speak and argues a lot undecided

I don't like involving myself in arguements involving the Word of God
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Clemzy16(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Those people are worst than a plague. If they can't convince you they'll confuse you. If they can't confuse you, they'll brainwash you.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Sknda(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
A daily devotional for you www.gospelshower..com
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Revolva(m): 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
i remember one guy had to use a gun to chase a witness out of his house in america...lol

i prefer their teaching to all this business making pentecostals..n follow follow catholics...witness has a clear philosophy...no heaven no hell which is true...we will inherit this earth as our own heaven...n the bad muthwrfucker will be casted away not burn in eternity.i like their preaching

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by babaireti(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Booty butt chic: Like why do people treat the jehovah witnesses like a plaque whenever they come to people houses.like dis sunday and also last sunday too,I wuz at a freinds place(christians oo) and the jehovah witnesses came,before dey could even open deir mouth 2 say who dey were after greeting while stAndin at the entrance door,my freinds elder one just came and banged the door at their faces like Dafuq....is dis forreal...I wuz like wat wuz d reason, dey were like don't mind dem johr.... So Nlanders do u do it too,and if u do,wat makes avoid dem weneva dey come 2 your house

Happy sunday.

Your English,abbreviations and Message is disgusting and irritating,please go back to school
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by anselm791(m): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Cause I don't think you can convert anything by talking and arguing to death, but by the life you live. A clear case of 'actions speak louder than words'.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by deebrain(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
They are nice people but they should know that there is a difference between preaching to people about the gospel and pestering people with the gospel. Anyone that does not want to receive your message should be left alone... Another person will always be available.....
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by hadleyk: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
because they are straight up annoying
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nwaoguta(m): 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
hardbody: The reason is simpl

Jesus said if they treated him like sh.it, so also will they treat his followers. For the truth seekers, if you find time to listen to them, they will answer all your question, citing your own bible. It appears to me that they are basically the only people that say it the way it is hence a lot of the other religous propagandists do not want to hear them telling them the gospel truth.

By the way i like your moniker @ booty
you've said it all just d same way the hated Jesus without a course.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lovine: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
Well from my careful study of this group for many years all I can say is that they preach the word of God (letters)but lacks the Spirit of God and His righteousness. In the last day or when Jesus comes again which they say he will come in the secret not in glare of everyone, He will not ask you which church, watchtower, or synagogue you attended, but will only care for those WHO WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH. Do you worship God in Spirit and truth? Jn 4: 21-24.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by sirrinky: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo: What do you mean by gospel truth?

That Jesus came in 1914?

That heaven got filled in 1935?

That Abraham, Isaac and Jacob came to earth in 1925?

All these Jehovah's witnesses prophecies (and many many more) are what you call "gospel truth?"

It is absolutely unfair for you to spread deception in such a way.When was the last time you stopped to listen to a Jehovah's witness?All those things you just said are not from Jehovah's witnesses so pls stop with the lazy blackmail.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by AreaFada2: 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
Jesus never said that true Christians will be popular or be friends with presidents, politicians or have big worldly positions.

Instead true Christians would the loathed and persecuted.

I am no JW but if there are any Christians that at least try to practice what they preach, it's JWs. Of course there would be some black sheep among them, even Jesus couldn't prevent ONE EVIL one among the twelve.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ceejayluv(m): 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
Iceman296: I Receive Them Politely But Sincerely Not Interested in their Preaching. Sometimes it can Be Confusing and Contradicting to what you already Know as a Christian. Meaning Their Ideologies are Quite Different!

So what i Normally do is Outrightly Demand their "Awake" and "Watchtower" Because they are Quite Enlightening and informative!

Off I go
Likewise me. I don't think I've missed any of their publications for 4 years now
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Copee: 3:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Because they move from house to hose disturbing peoples lives.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by sirrinky: 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
deebrain: They are nice people but they should know that there is a difference between preaching to people about the gospel and pestering people with the gospel. Anyone that does not want to receive your message should be left alone... Another person will always be available.....
Jehovah's witnesses do not pester people with their message,they do not force anyone to listen to them either not everyone listened to Gods own son so they do expect everyone to listen to them either.If you tell them to leave they do not force you to listen but they may definitely come back because circumstances change people's opinions and they may become receptive later.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lovine: 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
No body hated the JW but they just preach a contrary gospel which is of works and never believed that Christ is the Almighty, Alpha and Omega, etc, Rev. 22:13 called Jesus Alpha and Omega, who is coming back to rule and to judge? JESUS, Rev.1:8 called Him Alpha and Omega, Jesus is the only one who came and will come again. But JW don't believe this, unless they have now. Read more Isaiah 44: 6, Rev. 4:8, etc
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by anitank(f): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
Becos they come to ur house, unannounced, on a Sunday afternoon after u have obviously been to church and heard the word of God....then they want to impose their doctrine on you undecided

I enjoy reading their watchtower and Awake magazines tho
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Synthase(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
That satan was banished to earth in 1914 and this was why the first world war happen! See advanced brainwashing wonder who had been behind all those other major wars in the earlier centuries grin
however, I thoroughly enjoy their publications like awake and watchtower, well researched articles.
italo: What do you mean by gospel truth?

That Jesus came in 1914?

That heaven got filled in 1935?

That Abraham, Isaac and Jacob came to earth in 1925?

All these Jehovah's witnesses prophecies (and many many more) are what you call "gospel truth?"

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lovine: 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
Iceman296: I Receive Them Politely But Sincerely Not Interested in their Preaching. Sometimes it can Be Confusing and Contradicting to what you already Know as a Christian. Meaning Their Ideologies are Quite Different!

So what i Normally do is Outrightly Demand their "Awake" and "Watchtower" Because they are Quite Enlightening and informative!

Off I go

Can you now see why some people welcome them, for knowledge sake but not for spirit filled life.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by InvertedHammer: 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
/
JW members are in it for two reasons:

To pass judgment on you OR to annoy the living be-Jesus out of you.

All based on their interpretations of the bible

//
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by nickz(m): 3:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
anitank: Becos they come to ur house, unannounced, on a Sunday afternoon after u have obviously been to church and heard the word of God....then they want to impose their doctrine on you undecided

I enjoy reading their watchtower and Awake magazines tho
the only thing i enjoy about their visits angry angry
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
If you want to know the truth about Jehovah's witnesses go here http://www.jw.org/en/

You can find pdf, epub and audio downloads of Awake and Watchtower Magazines in many languages here http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/

You can see short videos of Jehovah's witnesses and even download them from here http://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by maxdozie(m): 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dia bibles are different from our own.. They said dia is no hell... Chai!!!... Etc 2much confusion... Would be sincere i lock my door when they knock...
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
JMAN05:

You are just pointless. I dont know what you mean by Jesus came in 1914. is it visible or invisible? beware of allegation.

1935, I ve explained that to you. 1925, changed. We do not say we are infallible just like your pope.

Catholics have made wrong predictions too, even though they claim infallibility and inspiration.

All those things you mentioned above, are not now taught by the witnesses. I wonder how you do your refuting. Is it not this one I see in nairaland?

You don't have to listen to the Jehovah witness people if you don't know your bible.
Reason is that they will capitalize on your ignorant and confuse you with their crammed Bible passages.

Personally I don't avoid them at all; the Jehovah witness people try to avoid me.
As for me I don't have anything to discourse with manipulators. Jehovah witness people should not be called Christians, as they don't believe in Christ’s teaching, and most teaching of the New Testament.
Infarct Jehovah witness people could be more dangerous than Islam, even though they are the same.
Islam is clear on their stand, they are open to be against Christianity but Jehovah witness hinds amongst Christians but they are operating with the same spirit as Islam.
Any Christian that knew himself and what is happening should know that Jehovah witness are not to be called Christian group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again ! / Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.