Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam (2089 Views)

Ex-oyo Governor, Victor Omololu-olunloyo’s Last Wife[ronke] Replies Stepdaughter / EFCC Arrests Speaker Of Kano House Of Assembly, And 11 Others / Presidency Defends N5.6bn Paid To Ex-militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by FreeGlobe(f): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
Former Head of Service in Oyo State, Mrs. Kudirat Iyabo Adeleke and eleven others
were yesterday ordered to be remanded at the Agodi prison in Ibadan after being
docked at an Ibadan High Court for allegedly stealing N5.6 billion local government
pension fund.
Others in the dock were Muili Hakeem Aderemi , Iyabo Giwa , Adesina Jimoh Ayoade,
Oguntayo Banji, Adebiiyi Monsendiq Olasunbo, Muili Adedamola, Adeduntan Johnson,
Johnson Bosede, Kareem Rasheed, Olujimi Adebayo and Adewale Kehinde.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had charged the accused
persons before the court where they were slammed a 213 count charge of stealing,
forgery and conspiracy to obtaining money by false pretence contrary to Section 8(a)
1(3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and other fraud related offences Act Number 14 of
The prosecution accused all the 12 accused persons of committing the offences
between September 20, 2010 and March 2011 when they allegedly forged the
treasury receipts of virtually all the 33 local governments of the state with intent to
defraud. The court took the plea of all the accused persons for about six hours at
the end of which they all pleaded not guilty.
Their defence counsel pleaded with the court to admit them to bail, arguing that they
did not jump bail when earlier granted bail by the Magistrate’s court at Iyaganku on
February 26, 2013. In the alternative, the defence counsel prayed that they be
remanded in EFCC custody. The trial judge, Hon. Justice Bolaji Yusuff while adjourning
the case to November 14 for hearing of all the application for bail urged the defence
counsel to file bail application for their clients.
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/9586-court-remands-ex-oyo-hos-11-others-over-n5-6bn-pension-scam

1 Like

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by FreeGlobe(f): 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
This is exactly my problem with Lagos/Ibadan tribalistic media, they are now feigning ignorance of this fraud, the Punch's, PremiumTimes and thier likes. oh I forgot, "a bulletproof car was bought for Stella oduah" and must be scrutinized and sanctioned to the finest detail. smh

9 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by biafranqueen: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2013
31 million dollars is pocket change to these guys they've been looting this country for decades with out interruption or media coverage, this will never see the light of day on the front page of NL. I never noticed how biased the media was until coming to NL the only way to deal with them is too not support those agencies or websites that cater to one sided bigoted interpretations of current events. The choice is ours imagine how boring NL would be without us cool

5 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by abes(m): 7:10am On Nov 12, 2013
One region punish the bad eggs among them, the other region praise the bad eggs among them, that's why the net migration to one region is far greater than the other region.

NB: don't feel bad if you don't understand my comment, it's not meant for dullards.

10 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by geeez: 9:13am On Nov 12, 2013
In Yorubaland, we do not celebrate crime or criminals

I can bet no Yoruba man, woman, boy, girl, student, activist or politician will ever queue on the streets with banners in support of these suspects

God bless the Yoruba race

God bless Yoruba land

FreeGlobe: This is exactly my problem with Lagos/Ibadan tribalistic media, they are now feigning ignorance of this fraud, the Punch's, PremiumTimes and thier likes. oh I forgot, "a bulletproof car was bought for Stella oduah" and must be scrutinized and sanctioned to the finest detail. smh

You're dull and must have hit your flat head as a kid, it's in the Punch and Tribune newspapers if you can afford to buy copies or at least check online

8 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by FreeGlobe(f): 9:29am On Nov 12, 2013
geeez:
In Yorubaland, we do not celebrate crime or criminals

I can bet no Yoruba man, woman, boy, girl, student, activist or politician will ever queue on the streets with banners in support of these suspects

God bless the Yoruba race

God bless Yoruba land

You're dull and must have hit your flat head as a kid, it's in the Punch and Tribune newspapers if you can afford to buy copies or at least check online

olodo, punch disabled the comments and later deleted the news from their website. why are they not giving this news premium like they are currently doing with Stella oduah?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by abes(m): 9:35am On Nov 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
olodo, punch disabled the comments and later deleted the news from their website. why are they not giving this news premium like they are currently doing with Stella oduah?

you are a liar, you lie for a living, that's not cool.

http://www.punchng.com/news/n5-6bn-pension-scam-ex-oyo-hos-11-others-arraigned/

5 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by freezy(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2013
abes: One region punishes the bad eggs among them, the other region praises the bad eggs amongst them, that's why the net migration to one region is far greater than the other region.

NB: don't feel bad if you don't understand my comment, it's not meant for dullards.

Heavy words there.

1 Like

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by omonnakoda: 9:40am On Nov 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Liar

2 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by omonnakoda: 9:42am On Nov 12, 2013
Yes this thread is about the relative hypocrisy of Yoruba when one of their own is accused of graft in public office. In short an ethnic thread waiting to see it moved by the EBOE MODS
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by FreeGlobe(f): 9:43am On Nov 12, 2013
abes:

you are a liar, you lie for a living, that's not cool.

http://www.punchng.com/news/n5-6bn-pension-scam-ex-oyo-hos-11-others-arraigned/
Not so fast, I see they have reposted the article after removing all initial comments. Why have they not given premium coverage to this news, frontpage headlines etc like the witch hunt of Stella oduah whose case has not been established. hypocrites
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by geeez: 9:44am On Nov 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:

How come you chose not talk about Tribune?

The truth remains that Punch broke the news before your lazy copy and paste media talked about it

Flat head

Flat brain

Flat battery

4 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by ballabriggs: 9:45am On Nov 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Not so fast, I see they have reposted the article after removing all initial comments. Why have they not given premium coverage to this news, frontpage headlines etc like the witch hunt of Stella oduah whose case has not been established. hypocrites

You need to visit Father Ejike Mbaka to do adoration for you.

This your case is beyond Father Ede.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by FreeGlobe(f): 9:49am On Nov 12, 2013
abes: One region punish the bad eggs among them, the other region praise the bad eggs among them, that's why the net migration to one region is far greater than the other region.

Tinubu, Fashola, Bode George (received from prison to tumultuous celebrations) are all good eggs I guess.
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by biafranqueen: 9:49am On Nov 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
wow so they are going to hang the messenger and ignore the message no outcry to lock them up and throw away the key just insult the messenger to run away from commenting on the actual crime interesting strategy!
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by FreeGlobe(f): 9:53am On Nov 12, 2013
geeez:

How come you chose not talk about Tribune?

The truth remains that Punch broke the news before your lazy copy and paste media talked about it

Flat head

Flat brain

Flat battery
I don't blame you, I blame Aregbesola for distributing opon imo to you riffraffs.

1 Like

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by FreeGlobe(f): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2013
biafranqueen: wow so they are going to hang the messenger and ignore the message no outcry to lock them up and throw away the key just insult the messenger to run away from commenting on the actual crime interesting strategy.
Nne, only a blind bartimius that cannot see through the hypocrisy and tribalism of these folks. This juicy news has never even graced the homepage of nairaland.
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by geeez: 9:57am On Nov 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I don't blame you, I blame Aregbesola for distributing opon imo to you riffraffs.

Opon Imo is not internet Enabled

You've been dumb enough for one month

Save the rest for your next village square meeting

3 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by justplainpaul(m): 10:19am On Nov 12, 2013
geeez:

Opon Imo is not internet Enabled

You've been dumb enough for one month

Save the rest for your next village square meeting

Shut up, okpa, you talk too much. you're just another yoruba idiott that will cause jeopardy to the Nigerian economy if allowed power.
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by flexeey: 10:25am On Nov 12, 2013
FreeGlobe: This is exactly my problem with Lagos/Ibadan tribalistic media, they are now feigning ignorance of this fraud, the Punch's, PremiumTimes and thier likes. oh I forgot, "a bulletproof car was bought for Stella oduah" and must be scrutinized and sanctioned to the finest detail. smh
cant u read what u post ? it was during the era of akala (former governor) that the fraud took place
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by Ewarrior: 10:26am On Nov 12, 2013
freezy:

Heavy words there.

Real Heavy!

1 Like

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by Nnewi1stSon: 11:15am On Nov 12, 2013
Some people's medulla is just so clogged with red oil! Smh. FreeGlobe you'll do well to stay out of the parts of those leatherheads b4 they infect you with their oily virus!
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by geeez: 11:19am On Nov 12, 2013
justplainpaul: Shut up, okpa, you talk too much. you're just another yoruba idiott that will cause jeopardy to the Nigerian economy if allowed power.

I'm already there

So do your best to take me out na

1 Like

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by omonnakoda: 11:26am On Nov 12, 2013
flexeey:
cant u read what u post ? it was during the era of akala (former governor) that the fraud took place

Which Akala are you talking about,this one?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:36am On Nov 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
they reposted? grin grin why not retweeted? LoL..

Flat head!
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by a1solution: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2013
Their families will claim is a witch-hunt
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by khamas19: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
abes: One region punish the bad eggs among them, the other region praise the bad eggs among them, that's why the net migration to one region is far greater than the other region.

..hahahaha see sliding tackle..

...this is probably why there was a recent cabinet cleanout in Oyo state...

well-done to Ajimobi...hope the investigations/prosecutions are carried out in a forthright and above-board manner so that the convictions or acquittals, as the case maybe, cannot be questioned..
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by omonnakoda: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
Fee Dee Fee Again!!
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
biafranqueen: wow so they are going to hang the messenger and ignore the message no outcry to lock them up and throw away the key just insult the messenger to run away from commenting on the actual crime interesting strategy!
You lack reasoning skills. The message, since you don't know what it is, is that yorubas fail to condemn their own when found wanting, and yoruba people have come here refuting that allegation. Read and understand, and don't edit through hate-coloured lens.
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
khamas19:

My brother, Cannavaro has nothing on that tackle. grin
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
khamas19:

...this is probably why there was a recent cabinet cleanout in Oyo state...

well-done to Ajimobi...hope the investigations/prosecutions are carried out in a forthright and above-board manner so that the convictions or acquittals, as the case maybe, cannot be questioned..

No sir, this fraud pre-dates ajimobi.
Re: Breaking... Ex-oyo Hos, 11 Others Remanded Over N5.6bn Pension Scam by gratieao: 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Why this fraud hasn't makes front page calls for some question

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Owns Osapa? / Saw This Smwhere..had To Share! USA WHY!!!! / Boko Haram: We Will End Their Reign Of Terror – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.