Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

What Are Your Intellectual Influences? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are Your Intellectual Influences? (3738 Views)

Economic Globalization Has Influences On Mining Industry / Media That Influences Your Purchase / Protecting Intellectual Property In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Intellectual Influences? by pisces20: 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
Someone asked me the same question but it took me much time to give an answer.
So i've decided to forward the same question to my fellow Nairalanders.
What are you intellectual influences?
Lets hear your opinions.
Re: What Are Your Intellectual Influences? by larez(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2008
Hunger could be the best intellectual motivator, especially in Nigeria where many find it hard to get 2 meals a day. Any other suggestions?
Re: What Are Your Intellectual Influences? by babyx(f): 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2008
@Larez
I think i agree with u. But there is more to intellectual influences. Hunger spurs some people to do things( negative or positive), for some others it could be the need to break IGNORANCE( some people like to know what is new, what is going on around them, what new innovations they can project and other stuff that separates them from the crowd). Nigeria is tough but people are breaking new grounds, hunger or no hunger.!! smiley
Re: What Are Your Intellectual Influences? by Femtex(m): 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2008
For me, part is exposure. I think it’s difficult for people to think above their imagination. The more exposed we are, the more we are able to convert and modify our surroundings / resources based on our experience.

@ Larez,

I do agree with you. Hunger will take you places you never imagine.
Re: What Are Your Intellectual Influences? by larez(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2008
Femex, It is indeed saddening that Nigeria has turned out as it is today. Considering that we started (Independence) about the same time Singapore did, we have to realize there is something fundamentally wrong with the general state of mind in Nigeria. The rich do not seem to care about the poor, and the poor are actually their own worst enemies. A poor guys steals food in the market, and he is lynched. But the same poor are happy to be associated or seen with the people stealing them dry. They hail them and will die for them in political campaigns.

We should all do everything we can to create jobs, so people can begin to get their dignity back. It is my goal by God's grace to create at least 1000 jobs in the next 3 years. We should all invest in redeeming a Nation that is currently on the verge of being a failed State in the world community.
Re: What Are Your Intellectual Influences? by naijacutee(f): 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2008
My major intellectual influence is the difference between where I'm from and where I am.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Get Farming....................................................... / #MMM. How To Cash Out Released Mavro... / Century 21 Freedom Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.