Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,470 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:59 PM

100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo (18813 Views)

Nursing Students Rape 6-yr-old Pupil In Edo / Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by wEsOmE(m): 10:57am On Nov 11, 2013
Abeg How do I Post a topic on Nairaland.. Someone pls Help Me
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Reference(m): 10:59am On Nov 11, 2013
lorenzos1: 100 people to die that's a lot oof waste, why not give them life sentence with hard labour..u can't curb kidnapping through this,you have to address the cause of kidnapping. Unemployment,Poverty,Hunger..

Oga. Do you know how much an AK-47 costs??
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by wEsOmE(m): 10:59am On Nov 11, 2013
Abeg How do I Post a topic or an article on Nairaland.. Someone pls Help Me
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Coldsteel(m): 11:02am On Nov 11, 2013
Barbaric!
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Alfoasegh: 11:04am On Nov 11, 2013
Are they dead already? No need keeping those heartless criminals longer than necessary.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by lovat(m): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2013
coal_coal:

What about the lives these kidnappers have wasted?
Two wrongs don't make a right. Killing them won't stop kidnapping rather a more pragmatic approach like giving them longer sentences and those ones that show remorse on the long run will be paroled and reintegrated back to the society.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Ammanda(f): 11:05am On Nov 11, 2013
Whizkeey: Am not against it o, buh they re hum an beings, cut off their arms or legs...
No. They'll become nuisance to the society, u'll see all kinds of beggars along the street. They r better of dead considering the lives they've wasted and the pains they've caused to their victims.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Tbken: 11:06am On Nov 11, 2013
Some years ago....my skulmates was shot by d SARS....at a bustop in d evening after benediction...one died instanta cos d bullet pieced his skull,d oda was left wit a destroyed leg..
why because they were in search of sm common criminals they believed took d direction of d bustop.....After shooting the two innocent guys...they realised it was a huge mistake....whole skul of d area rioted 4 dat...goin 2 police stations nd vice versa....wen it became clear 2 d government that they made a terrible mistake they compensated d families...NOW WHAT AM I SAYING...100 kidnappers? Is a lie...only 30 will actually be kidnappers...30 are innocent...40 common thieves...datz ma MIND OO

2 Likes

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by COOLDUN: 11:07am On Nov 11, 2013
Justicemy: dis is pure jungle justice

Big lie, what do you call their kidnapping activities? You mean they should be pampered while they continue to waste innocent lives? Park your human right campaign one side.

Let those of you who miraculously escaped from the security personnel try to repent and sin no more. The next trial might not be so. Channel your human right campaign pretence towards advising your collegues to quit now. CRIME IS BAD, NO MATTER THE CAUSE!!.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by KingsJohnson(m): 11:09am On Nov 11, 2013
100 what Maybe na 100 cows for xmas celebration. However i blame ASUU/FG, also we are in a civilized society death penalty will never stop anything call it unemployment among our youths, corruption among our leader and unpaid salaries of our parents. Lastly, the validity of dat so called law should be questioned.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by nora544: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2013
The problem is the society in nigeria, and to kill then brings nothing.

Look in America they have also in many states the death penalty and did it bring something.

We here in europa didnot have it.

The people have to start to fight against corruption.
The pastor have to change what they preach not about getting rich quick with sowing seed and tithing and harvest money..... they have to preach about what it means to be a right christian, about don't steal, don't make kidnapping, don't rob but not preaching when you dinot tithe you will rob God.

When this will happen than nigeria can change, than the youth in this country will have a future.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by COOLDUN: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2013
lovat:
Two wrongs don't make a right. Killing them won't stop kidnapping rather a more pragmatic approach like giving them longer sentences and those ones that show remorse on the long run will be paroled and reintegrated back to the society.

Thank you very much, your suggestion is very good, but let us do that when you fall victim to them or any of your dearly ones, then we should send them to the skill acquisition centers at the Asians /European countries where they will be changed to pastors, imams,reverends ,and nuns, when they come back ok. But right now let the ones caught in action and proved beyond reasonable doubts to be KIDNAPPERS be killed.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Moukafoam(f): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2013
saintdeby: Edo state population don reduce b dat o

That will not stop our Government from doing the right thing so advise your people to stop the ugly act angry
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2013
kennyonthrone: 30yrz imprisonment would ve bin a beta option
Killlin no mata wat I jst dnt lyk d idea

And who's going to cater for their needs in prison? Lock criminals up and feed them with tax payers money?

3 Likes

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Moukafoam(f): 11:18am On Nov 11, 2013
lovat: 100 human lives to be wasted by govt. It reminds me of the word lawful genocide.

Monkeyyy tell your fellow apes to leave the jungle because the law will soon catch up with them grin

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Alfoasegh: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2013
Moukafoam:

That will not stop our Government from doing the right thing so advise your people to stop the ugly act angry
Abeg, na how much be your Moukafoam? cheesy
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Reference(m): 11:19am On Nov 11, 2013
lovat:

Look mister. Every society reserves the highest punishments for the offences that hurts it the most. Kidnappers, robbers and terrorists shed blood in Nigeria and we consider that vile.

America found terrorism so vile it broke its own laws of rendition, detention, interogation and warfare to contain it. Now that the threat is reduced everyone is becoming civil. There were hangings and execution throughout Europe right uptil the 20th century when capital crimes abated and thus punishments were similarly relaxed.

We are facing our dark age and need ultra tough laws to tackle our most vile crimes. When our society begins to develop we will relax these punishments. As for capital for financial corruption, it will surely come when we can surmount the obstacle of sectionalism or when we collectively view it as vile enough.

Today the kidnapper is state-less, tribe-less and mandate-less. We the people know him not and so he must die. Tomorrow the politician will become exactly that. We will get there. Then we will become civil and preach holiness. Only then.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by erico2k2(m): 11:20am On Nov 11, 2013
lovat: 100 human lives to be wasted by govt. It reminds me of the word lawful genocide.
Dnt worry,we would love to hear U say this when U are told to pay randsum to free ur kidnapped folks

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by COOLDUN: 11:21am On Nov 11, 2013
nora544: The problem is the society in nigeria, and to kill then brings nothing.

Look in America they have also in many states the death penalty and did it bring something.

We here in europa didnot have it.

The people have to start to fight against corruption.
The pastor have to change what they preach not about getting rich quick with sowing seed and tithing and harvest money..... they have to preach about what it means to be a right christian, about don't steal, don't make kidnapping, don't rob but not preaching when you dinot tithe you will rob God.

When this will happen than nigeria can change, than the youth in this country will have a future.

European tried it before they changed their laws; let us try it now maybe later we might change it like the Europeans, what failed in Europe might workout in Nigeria. After all many policies that succeeded in the European countries failed woefully in Nigeria when they were tried.

Nigeria, is opposite of the Western people, I believe killing the confirmed Kidnappers will succeed in Nigeria, enough of you these human right Campaigners on Nairaland forum.

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Alfoasegh: 11:22am On Nov 11, 2013
Viewing this topic:

wogor@paradise, Myiria, bamidell, walemike25(m), prodam(m), Victor Tobore, kambili999(f), Taiwo idowu, liyalla(m), The mind, ibusiness(m), lbotus(f), kaka88, SIR BANYE(m), elsehay04, wazobia_N9, saxy04, Godvilla(m), talktome, knick(m), noah24(m), obami007(m), segxyrema, ethicalUser, zeeayinita(f), rudedough(m), Moukafoam(f), Imo obot(m), Swaginton(m), Niggmatic, mayor007(m), oloba(m), muyeindaclub(m), sgd, xmileeasy(m), Ademola.A, dnard, EmeritusP(m), kcspark, nolper, deprince77, ojubi(m), AYODEJI4LOVE(m), kakakibuy, erico2k2(m), Chichi101(f), Ifeaka32, Amadioha123(m), cool318(m), marcjoe(m), iyeyemi, charlisco(m), Abujafood, millygilly, aguleog, Tiimmy(m), popsy007(m), osasjackson, asha 80(m), sambas(m), rotimy(m), burning_spear, Kings Johnson(m), Reference(m), COOLDUN, Hero10001, Chuckzy4u, Alfoasegh and 85 guest(s)
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Moukafoam(f): 11:25am On Nov 11, 2013
Alfoasegh:
Abeg, na how much be your Moukafoam? cheesy

Customer welcome o jare na which one you want buy grin
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by wogorparadise: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2013
igbeke: Dont we think its hightime we began to face d realities on ground instead of dis journey in futility?
do we really tink dis "genocide" will bring a lasting solution in face of starvation?
i'm only tinkin loud pls.
i begining to see the relatives of kidnapers......... Security be on the alert

1 Like

Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by COOLDUN: 11:31am On Nov 11, 2013
If any KIDNAPPER, is caught in action or proved beyond reasonable doubt to be a KIDNAPPER. HE/SHE, should be killed without wasting any single minute. Those clamoring for their right to live should use themselves or their loved ones to replace any caught kidnapper so that we shall have another Jesus that died for the sinners. Kill them one hand.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by sambas: 11:36am On Nov 11, 2013
if killing them will bring back the ransom and people they have collected and killed respectively #Kill them all, but if on the contrally enroll them to the army and post them to Yobe, Adamawa and Bor state..
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by jude33084(m): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2013
saintdeby: Edo state population don reduce b dat o

Always think before you say anything bro wink

Or read and don't comment, just try it I believe you will love it grin
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Novice1(m): 11:40am On Nov 11, 2013
igbeke: Dont we think its hightime we began to face d realities on ground instead of dis journey in futility?
do we really tink dis "genocide" will bring a lasting solution in face of starvation?

Are you one of them?
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by losvemous: 11:40am On Nov 11, 2013
As we enters a new week, i wish you all the best in your various endeavors... Do i need to define what corruption is again? won't that be like telling a fully grown man his neighbor's name whom they've been living together for as long as he has lived? corruption has one of the most negative effect on our political, economic, social, environment and our growth and development in general. We must kick out corruption in our society, but no one man can do it. Let us come together and preach corruption in our best way! .... The campaign is already on; Follow ma book; "Who will save James" on https://www.nairaland.com/1512703/wholl-save-james-book-corruption#19450690
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 11, 2013
good 4 dm /++??((
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 11, 2013
They should be shot one by one every week. That would serve as a deterrent to others.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by jude33084(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2013
sambas: if killing them will bring back the ransom and people they have collected and killed respectively #Kill them all, but if on the contrally enroll them to the army and post them to Yobe, Adamawa and Bor state..

[size=15pt] WICKED [/size] grin
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by esley: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2013
will it jst b those caught in d act dat shuld face d music, how about
d masterminds, d financiers et al? well i pity for d innocent souls
dat will perish for notin.
Re: 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo by Solankelekzy(m): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2013
wat Oda solution would you propose?:-|

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Conductor And Passenger Fighting Over N100 Change In Lagos / RRS Rescues Tanker Driver And His Assistants From Armed Robbers. / Plateau Killings: Death Toll Hits 130 As CAN Warns Against Reprisal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.