Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State (19208 Views)

Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit / Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! / Motorcycle Pictures From 2014 Bikers Convention In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by NadiaSA1(f): 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
Nice
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Timcy2(m): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
So na una just the disturb person 4 Akwanga, Nas. State.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by moshino(m): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
Big4wig: No comment on ur topic for now buh life has thought me dat beauty without intelligence is just a display of cosmetic foolishness.
#ladiestakenote #BIGWIG

Big4wig, thanks for saying this out loud, and please keep saying it out loud. It is people like you that restore my innate belief that there're still sensible Nigerians out there, thank you!
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by cnwamo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
Early this year i toured lagos to abuja on my SUZUKI GSX1300R (Hayabusa) grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chai.......

To lie sweet o!!!!!!!!!!

I Love bikes but i dont think i have the heart to ride, i feel safer in a car
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Akshow: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
This na real ebi olokada.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by kandiikane(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
Are okada drivers members?
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
wescoBaba: Good evening everybody,pls I need your help on how to get to calabar,have not being to that state before and am planing to go there,even stay there to watch super Eagle game against Ethiopia on Saturday,am currenty in ondo state,how much is T-fee from lagos,akure,benin to calabar? which transport company is good for the state and how many hour jounery.
Also how mush is accommodation there for an average nigerian like student and pls recommend names of hotel.thanks alot

T.fare to calabar is between 5 and 6k. You can go with these transport companies; the young shall grow, calculux, abc etc. Calabar is about 11-12hrs from lagos, so u can estimate how many hours that woukd be from ondo. As a student I do not see the likelihood of you affording the big hotels like mirage, metro, channel view, le chateau, pyramid etc. But you can afford places like hyde out, essien inn, etc which are close to u.j esuene stadium with average price of 4k per night.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by akinladejo: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls tell them not to come to edo state o cos oshio baba go destroy all of them o.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by 9jahubcom(m): 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
creativemusic: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
na wa

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by oiseworld: 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
flexible1:

I dont think you'd be wrong if you call them Power Bikes. It's a slang (perhaps coined in Naija).Just the way we call cars by slangs such as ''Ride".As for your interest in Biking , before starting you may wish to consider some factors - for instance how far out do you wish to ride mostly - long or short distances ? What type of roads would you be riding on most of the times ? Would you be riding everyday of the week ? etc.
There are various types of Bikes each designed for a purpose.Not to say they cant serve other purposes but best suit a particular purpose. eg in cars we have the SUVs, Sedans, Coupes, Estates, Heavy duty etc. Now imagine buying a heavy duty truck for your everyday commuting ! Driving it to and from work everyday. Not that it wouldnt serve your purpose.But it just was not designed for that !
You can easily categorise Bikes based on purpose or engine capacity. There are Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Dirt Bikes etc. Then the 250CCs, 500CCs, 600CCs, 750CCs,1000CCs, 1100CCs, 1400CCs etc. The 1000CCs and above are called Super Bikes. They can hit 0-160 KM/H in less than 5 Seconds !! If you are a fan of accelaration ! Needless to say - these are the Bikes to avoid if you are just starting.

How about the BMW made bikes, they are very fast too. Saw one last week in Abj it was official and a soilder rode it. The soilder came down from the bike to harass a woman who insulted him. After people came to beg for the woman he climbed the bike, started the ignition and on gear one he had overtaken almost every car on the road, by the time he put it on two, he disappeared.

The power of that bike should be among the 1000cc and above.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
Interesting... One thing i know is that to own a power bike in Nigeria, you must be rich. Let us classify your gathering as a gathering of the rich.

But the risk you guys take on the road is unclassifiable... Some of you guys lose your lives over the fun. And i have observed that bikers activities are on the increase on our interstate roads. My last abuja trip i saw a convoy of 4 bikers doing their thing from abuja through kogi to the east...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by tucee31: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
That means it was your fellow bikers I saw @ d filling station in Jos returning en-mass to Abuja, that was on sunday 8th.

Is there a "spirit" that comes upon u guys once u get on dat bike? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by tucee31: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
That means it was your fellow bikers I saw @ d filling station in Jos returning en-mass to Abuja, that was on sunday 8th.

Is there a "spirit" that comes upon u guys once u get on dat bike? lipsrsealed
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by enigmang: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
Dr. Wise:

T.fare to calabar is between 5 and 6k. You can go with these transport companies; the young shall grow, calculux, abc etc. Calabar is about 11-12hrs from lagos, so u can estimate how many hours that would be from ondo. As a student I do not see the likelihood of you affording the big hotels like mirage, metro, channel view, le chateau, pyramid etc. But you can afford places like hyde out, essien inn, etc which are close to u.j esuene stadium with average price of 4k per night.

mirage, metro, channel view, le chateau, pyramid these ones are 10-14k...As a student i'm sure he can afford it .....i'll advise you to get one of these.... esp as its your first time and your are going for FUN...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by sweetsmalsis(f): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
My future husband must have one!
I love sport bikes!
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by soulglo: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
I don't know much about bikes but there is just something about a Harley that none of those Ducati or the other bright colorful ones can even come close to. The sound alone just makes you quiver. It's like it's saying Bow Down Bitches to the bright colored Honda bikes LOL. You will always know it's a Harley before you see it. Bikes are kind of like men. Harley Davidson's gives of a mature and confident vibe so in my opinion are just generally more sexy to look at.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
wescoBaba: Good eveningtq everybody,pls I need your help on how to get to calabar,have not being to that state before and am planing to go there,even stay there to watch super Eagle game against Ethiopia on Saturday,am currenty in ondo state,how much is T-fee from lagos,akure,benin to calabar? which transport company is good for the state and how many hour jounery.
Also how mush is accommodation there for an average nigerian like student and pls recommend names of hotel.thanks alot

Lagos to calabar is possible via Peace Mass Transit.. Akwa Ibom Mass transit will drop you at Uyo then you board another bus to calabar... Budget N5,000 + (N1,000) for transport. There are cheap hotels inside calabar just like in every city. Ask around for cheap hotels from park guys when you arrive calabar... You can get rooms of N3,000 a night even as it is in lagos, kaduna or abuja..
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
sweetsmalsis: My future husband must have one!
I love sport bikes!

If that is your condition, then keep waiting... Note that you wont find a suitor with a sports bike in your village except big cities like abuja, kaduna, enugu or lagos...
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
sweetsmalsis: My future husband must have one!
I love sport bikes!

Nice one wink You could get on one yourself ! We have lady Bikers . As a matter of fact we have a ladies'-only- Motorcycle Club called D'Angels based in Lagos. Some of them rode all the way to Jos for the Convention.Two are pictured below.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by 01mcfadden(m): 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Is there no conference for people using sport bicycle?
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by mastro: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by funkybaby(f): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Niceeeeeee.

An interesting but very dangerous hobby.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by iyatrustee(f): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
I am still not that strong a biker to join on such long distance rides.. Hopefully, would be one of those next year! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bike to bike again
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nosyke(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
01mcfadden: Is there no conference for people using sport bicycle?

This got me laughing real hard.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
WHERE OKADA PEOPLE?
DEM SUPPOSE DEY THIS CONVENTION
ABI NO BE MOTORCYCLE?
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by spinna: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
loving this post. i love OP's bike as well ..classic cbr not too delicate or tecchy, and i think i'm seriously in love with that beautiful biker chick wink
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by victorazy(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
chukxie: Nice! I love power bikes especially Harley and Kawasaki brands. I hope to get one in the future.

BMW remain the best
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
Our Hotel -Steffans..... really nice place .

Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by vislabraye(m): 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hope the roads are safe of BH.
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
ABEG I GET LIFAN
SHEY LIFAN OWNERS GO GET ENTRY
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by litaninja(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
Too bad I couldn't make the convention this year. Would have been on my Katana. That yellow Hayabusa is the ish. Lol! Nice!
Re: A Nairalander's Bike Trip To The Annual Bikers' Convention @ Jos , Plateau State by flexible1(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
By the way , we started out on the trip @ about 4.30pm and got to our Hotel in Jos @ around 8PM on Friday.
I rode the ' Cane while my lovely wife drove herself & our beautiful daughters ......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With A Roadside Mechanic / Samuel Eto'o Shows Off His New Car Worth Millions Of Dollars - Bugatti Veyron / The History And Evolution Of Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.