Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint (14811 Views)

Adebanjo To Buhari : Stop Accommodating Obasanjo / Ex-pension Reform Boss Maina Offers To Assist Buhari Stop Corruption In Sector / Judge Tells Sanusi To Stop Parading Suspects In The Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by NOLONGTIN1(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2013
A member of the Nigerian Senators’ Forum, Yisa Braimoh, has asked former Military Head of State and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, to stop accusing the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, of institutionalising corruption in Nigeria.

Braimoh, who represented Edo North from 2007 to 2011 in a statement issued on Sunday, declared that Buhari was not a saint as far as corruption was concerned.

According to him, Buhari’s claim that PDP institutionalised corruption in Nigeria is incorrect, stressing that corruption is not about political platforms.

The statement reads, “General Buhari missed the point when he accused PDP of institutionalising corruption in Nigeria; PDP did not institutionalise corruption; rather, successive PDP administrations at the federal level have been fighting corruption scourge, which include individual politicians in public and private offices, since the military era.

“I am not surprised that Buhari would re-echo the opposition’s mantra whenever it is convenient to demonise the PDP even when it is quite clear that those politicians in the PDP who used their offices to corruptly enrich themselves are today in the same party with him.

“It is indeed paradoxical that Buhari, who presents himself to the world as one who hates corruption, would gladly co-habit with corrupt former Ministers, serving and former Governors in the APC, in a bid to wrestle power from President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Or can he vouch for the integrity of those questionable characters around him in the APC? If he can do so, he will sadly be putting his integrity to question and if he cannot vouch for their integrity, why would he be in bed with them? Is it for the sake of using them to achieve his quest for presidential power? is that not in itself dubious and corrupt?”, he asked.

Braimoh asserted that while he would not want to question the integrity of Buhari himself while in the saddle as Head of State, he believed that he (Buhari) is not a saint “as saints can only be found in heaven.”

“But to present himself as incorruptible while the rest of us are villainous politicians and individuals does not portray him as humble; and arrogance is corruption of the mind,” he said.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/11/corruption-stop-parading-yourself-as-a-saint-pdp-chieftain-tells-buhari/

13 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 11, 2013
He's right after all.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2013
Before opening the thread,I was hoping to read a scandal attached to the person of Gen Buhari only to be confronted with the same old,badly rehashed,well worn out rhetorics propaganda of questioning what Buhar is doing with some perceived corrupt APC members

And I ask again,are people now deemed corrupt based on perception,unsubstantiated and unproved allegation? Or rather than the Government to sharpen its Anti-corruption war to do a sendfortth for every corrupt individual so that saying someone is corrupt will be undoubtable

22 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 11, 2013
As long as he has no proof that Buhari is or was a corrupt person, he should shut the hell up and stop trying to be relevant by insulting Buhari. Bloody foool!!!! angry angry

33 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2013
berem: As long as he has no proof that Buhari is or was a corrupt person, he should shut the hell up and stop trying to be relevant by insulting Buhari. Bloody foool!!!! angry angry
Lemme not talk to u, I knw how emotional u get when sm1 gives u a taste of ur medicine.

44 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Rad1cal: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2013
The idiocy of Vampire Mujahid Buhari Shekau Bin Laden laid bare cool

11 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 11, 2013
NO LONG TIN: A member of the Nigerian Senators’ Forum, Yisa
Braimoh, has asked former Military Head of State and
chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC,
Muhammadu Buhari, to stop accusing the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, of institutionalising corruption
in Nigeria.

Braimoh, who represented Edo North from 2007 to 2011
in a statement issued on Sunday, declared that Buhari
was not a saint as far as corruption was concerned.
According to him, Buhari’s claim that PDP
institutionalised corruption in Nigeria is incorrect,
stressing that corruption is not about political
platforms.

The statement reads, “General Buhari missed the point
when he accused PDP of institutionalising corruption in
Nigeria; PDP did not institutionalise corruption; rather,
successive PDP administrations at the federal level
have been fighting corruption scourge, which include
individual politicians in public and private offices, since
the military era.

“I am not surprised that
Buhari would re-echo
the opposition’s mantra whenever it is convenient to
demonise the PDP even when it is quite clear that
those politicians in the PDP who used their offices to
corruptly enrich themselves are today in the same
party with him.

“It is indeed paradoxical that Buhari, who presents
himself to the world as one who hates corruption,
would gladly co-habit with corrupt former Ministers,
serving and former Governors in the APC, in a bid to
wrestle power from President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Or can he vouch for the integrity of those questionable
characters around him in the APC? If he can do so, he
will sadly be putting his integrity to question and if he
cannot vouch for their integrity, why would he be in bed
with them? Is it for the sake of using them to achieve
his quest for presidential power? is that not in itself
dubious and corrupt?”, he asked.

Braimoh asserted that while he would not want to
question the integrity of Buhari himself while in the
saddle as Head of State, he believed that he (Buhari) is
not a saint “as saints can only be found in heaven.”

“But to present himself as incorruptible while the rest
of us are villainous politicians and individuals does not
portray him as humble; and arrogance is corruption of
the mind,” he said

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/11/corruption-stop-parading-yourself-as-a-saint-pdp-chieftain-tells-buhari/
Mr.Braimoh, it's is clear ure jittery about a Buhari Presidency. He shouldn't move with crooks like Tinubu and Co, so what should he do? Try to campaign with meagre resources and lose again? Nah homie, if u can't beat Em, join em, then beat the shiyyt outta them; that is the mantra. Dont worry, in less than a year and a half you'll understand.

15 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2013
berem: As long as he has no proof that Buhari is or was a corrupt person, he should shut the hell up and stop trying to be relevant by insulting Buhari. Bloody foool!!!! angry angry
He never accused Buhari of corruption tho. He only said Buhari's party members should be in the mold of Jesus, Muhammed, Moses, John the Baptist, Mahatma Ghandi and Mother Theresa...as if such impeccable characters can be found in Nigeria.

You see, my friend, truth is people like this Mr.Braimoh think Nigerians are dumb, foooolish, ignorant and stupid. If they're not asking why APC is not fielding the likes of Utomi or Ribadu as Pres.Candidates (knowing fully well neither stands a snowball's chance in hell of winning again JOnacrook) they're criticizing him for choosing a Preacher as his running mate. Smh and you'll see some(as evidenced by the comments in this thread) supporting this obvious, thieving looney.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2013
Actually Buhari was wrong in saying that the PDP institutionalised corruption.

That "honour" undoubtedly goes to IBB's ruinous 8-year regime.

17 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Donmams(m): 10:40am On Nov 11, 2013
Wow! Is the PDP so concerned about the type of people Buhari surrounds himself with? I never knew the PDP cared about Buhari's integrity so much.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Donmams(m): 10:41am On Nov 11, 2013
HNosegbe: Actually Buhari was wrong in saying that the PDP institutionalised corruption.

That "honour" undoubtedly goes to IBB's ruinous 8-year regime.
And which party does IBB belong to? Care to elaborate? Idiotic mumu.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 11, 2013
kingoflag: He never accused Buhari of corruption tho. He only said Buhari's party members should be in the mold of Jesus, Muhammed, Moses, John the Baptist, Mahatma Grand and Mother Theresa...as if such impeccable characters can be found in Nigeria.

You see, my friend, truth is people like this Mr.Braimoh think Nigerians are dumb, foooolish, ignorant and stupid. If they're not asking why APC is not fielding the likes of Utomi or Ribadu as Pres.Candidates (knowing neither stands a snowball's chance in hell of winning again JOnacrook) they're criticizing him for choosing a Preacher as is running mate. Smh and you'll see some(as evidenced by the comments in this thread) supporting this obvious, thieving looney.
my bad! I got carried away. I despise anyone who makes provocative statement against the General. Buhari is free to associate with anyone he so desires. The fool Braimoh should learn to stick his nose where it belongs and face his corrupt party. angry angry

8 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2013
" Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are". The good book says so.
What kinda governmernt does Buhari want to run with the baggage he has been dragging around? In a democracy, decisions flow from the majority or the elected will lose support. I don't expect Buhari to know this because he is not a democrat.
Most of his party men are corrupt individuals who benefit from the rot in the system. They are ready to do whatever it takes to frustrate him should he get into office and plug their source of income.
Buhari should have formed a party of corrupt-free persons like Bakare, Utomi and Ezekwesili, win whatever seat they can and use it as a model of responsible government. The only CPC governor (Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa) has been a disaster and not in tune with the anti-corruption crusade of Buhari.
Everyday, I expect members of the defunct CPC in the National Assembly to protest against the jumbo pay of the legislators to no avail.

26 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Incrizz(f): 11:09am On Nov 11, 2013
kingoflag: Mr.Braimoh, it's is clear ure jittery about a Buhari Presidency. He shouldn't move with crooks like Tinubu and Co, so what should he do? Try to campaign with meagre resources and lose again? Nah homie, if u can't beat Em, join em, then beat the shiyyt outta them; that is the mantra. Dont worry, in less than a year and a half you'll understand.
Hm.
The grand master plan.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2013
Donmams:
And which party does IBB belong to? Care to elaborate? Idiotic mumu.

Actually that title belongs to you, for not knowing that there were no political parties when IBB ran the affairs of this country.

25 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by kingbang: 11:42am On Nov 11, 2013
HNosegbe:

Actually that title belongs to you, for not knowing that there were no political parties when IBB ran the affairs of this country.

You shouldn't have replied that APC motor park tout.

12 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Slizbeat(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ok......Buhari, have you heard
Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by donphilopus: 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
I thought it was coming from a plausible impetus, i never knew it was my former rep in the senate Yisa Braimoh, that was not heard all through his stay in the senate..

The only way we used to know he was in the senate those days, was his BB Cap, and he's here saying something else.

Can he boast of doing anything in Edo North?? Apart from one cage he built in Auchi..

Rubbish

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by bokohalal(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
sagombugo: Before opening the thread,I was hoping to read a scandal attached to the person of Gen Buhari only to be confronted with the same old,badly rehashed,well worn out rhetorics propaganda of questioning what Buhar is doing with some perceived corrupt APC members

And I ask again,are people now deemed corrupt based on perception,unsubstantiated and unproved allegation? Or rather than the Government to sharpen its Anti-corruption war to do a sendfortth for every corrupt individual so that saying someone is corrupt will be undoubtable

Me too. I was expecting to read the earthshaking corruption link to Gen.Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by ikeyman00(m): 1:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
@@@

oh yeah

can u imagine OJ simpson in Obama party?

i tire!

this people will never get it!

we are here!

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by teskyg: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
A friend( Buhari) of a thief( Tinubu,Akume,Udenwa and co ) is also a thief.

Those of you castigating Braimoh should tell us where the campaign funds for APC will come from.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
I am still waiting for someone to tell me that Buhari is NOT-a-Saint... not by beating about the bush but by pointing to something that he really did to make himself feel corrupt.

Buhari come 2015, you have my vote.

9 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by free2ryhme: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
All nigerian politicians are the same
Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by BrightCar: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
I PITY ALL THOSE THAT DILLY DALLY WITH BUHARI IN THE NAME OF GOOD MAN. ONLY THAT GIRL THAT BECOMES PREGNANT IS THE BAD GIRL IN THE CHURCH. YOU WILL SOON DISCOVER THAT BUHARI IS A GREEN SNAKE IN THE GREEN GRASS.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by wellmax(m): 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nna Buhari, you are not a saint yet, for now we can call you a Primate or Cardinal, but Saint…mba

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
PDP is right for once shocked
Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
buhari don't give f..ck about the SE, he wants to use amechi to win more votes from the SS, from the look of buhari's face you can smell wickedness.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by condralbede(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
who z this buhari that talks alot pls
Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by Emmysteve(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Tell him
Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by israel007: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
He's no saint. Don't we all know that
Re: PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint by greatgod2012(f): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
Everyone for himself.

PDP and APC are the same, let's stop working ourselves up.

Braimoh was defending his own party, and im sure that before this same time tomorrow, someone in APC will reply him.

And lest i forget, no one is actually a saint among all the politicians.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Bye Election: Oshiomhole, Others Cast Votes [PHOTOS] / PHOTOS: Amina Mohammed Tours Bama, Borno State / N-Power Beneficiaries Endorse Kolapo Olusola As Ekiti Governor (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.