Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? (15251 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / '2GO Bread' Spotted In Asaba / Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by canalily(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
adaobi123: I've wondered this too. But nigerian bread is so sweet. Its cheap to buy though. cheesy smiley
Adaobi where have you been since?undecided huh? I hav been searching 4u. Hope you bought bread for me.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by oasis01(m): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hahahaha,funny question.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
begwong: Because bread is one of the cheapest goodies, quantity wise that can serve the entire household you are visiting.

#madam-giveme-agege-bread#
grin

u never jam cabin biscuit na
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
canalily: Adaobi where have you been since?undecided huh? I hav been searching 4u. Hope you bought bread for me.

I've been here

DonColz1: this una love tire me oh...

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by anselm791(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
It all began in the 19th day of April, 1989, somewhere in Ihiala, Anambra state, there a certain primary school teacher who was due to deliver a boy rushed home to her husband to take her to the hospital, why she didn't just go there straight I would never know. So the husband was somewhere in the village square drinking palm wine when the message got to him, he hurried back with his bicycle and met a very handsome boy who was delivered by a home nurse, he picked up the child, he felt happy but a little sad his handsome son was born at home instead of a hospital, so he blessed the child that he would take away hunger from the family and ever since I've been buying bread for them anytime I'm travelling home. Lol
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by luvlyblessing(f): 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
Everybody eats bread thats why.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
grin @Adaobi, u can get them brioche bread na , that bread na bomb
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by ignis: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
Because it has been a tradition and a custom.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Danhumprey: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
sexmachine6: plz help today I joined Nairaland beign November 11 . And Jay bee just banned me till 2033 in romance dating and meet up zone. which I,ve not even entered and till 2015 I'm sexuality for posting indecent images. But I didn't ,post indecent images in Any section of Nairaland it was in my profile picture and I didn't see any rule on Nairaland restricting people from posting pictures in your profile picture. I joined Nairaland today and I red the rules before posting I didn't post my Indecent pics in sexuality but in my profile picture.
Why should I be banned till 2033.
grin E be like say Jaybee do fap over ur pix tired,so him no fit control himself when he see ur pix. And him no wan make u become a nuisance do other people. Well,the rules say,"don't post indecent pix,whether on your profile or on any thread". undecided
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by delors(m): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
Because it is a composite demand. Apart from the fact that it is easily available everywhere, buyers and recipients can use bread to arrange the following:
- Aganyin beans
- tea
- egg
- soup/stew
- ordinary water
- Orobo coke
- groundnut
- butter
- Akamu (Yoruba-Ogi, english - pap)
- suya/kilishi
- etc etc
You see now, bread get many uses thats why people buy am wella...Those old toothless women for village, buy them bread, dem go soak am inside water, swallow am...Na prayers go follow grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
calebo101: grin @Adaobi, u can get them brioche bread na , that bread na bomb

Thats french na. Not English bread tongue
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by yetundeadioyah(f): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
people buy bread when visiting so that they get yam when returning.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by prettychic(f): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
Lol...
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by bastien: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
Make we buy motor na mumu!!

Abi u don see wey dem dey sell car or generator for Ore??
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by elsholz(m): 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Queens bake bread
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
anselm791: It all began in the 19th day of April, 1989, somewhere in Ihiala, Anambra state, there a certain primary school teacher who was due to deliver a boy rushed home to her husband to take her to the hospital, why she didn't just go there straight I would never know. So the husband was somewhere in the village square drinking palm wine when the message got to him, he hurried back with his bicycle and met a very handsome boy who was delivered by a home nurse, he picked up the child, he felt happy but a little sad his handsome son was born at home instead of a hospital, so he blessed the child that he would take away hunger from the family and ever since I've been buying bread for them anytime I'm travelling home. Lol

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided See case o!
At Topic: This is actually a very good question. I have also pondered this myself. When I do get to travel by road, I buy the damn things only to get home and not understand why! So I usually end up giving them out since I live alone. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by DonTim1: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
Whatever doesn't fit in my back pack I don't buy? No uneccessary stringing

When I show,we go groove...et all

I miss grand square bread though (for those dat knw it)
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Sike(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
Afam4eva:
No be Agege you dey live? Why u dey wait make person wey dey London bring Agege bread for you grin
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by anthony500(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
packman: [size=20pt]FIRST OFF aLL @ OP WHO TOLD YOU ITS ONLY BREAD PEOPLE BY IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD

SECONDLY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BUYING BREAD FOR THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO VISIT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed HA.... OK MAY BE MONEY NO DEY YOUR POCKET NI...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THIRDLY NO BE ALL KIND BREAD BE BREAD ..........@ cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN NOW

LASTLY AS FOR ME ANY BODY THAT IS COMING BACK FROM JOURNEY (DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF JOURNEY) I WOULD REQUEST DIFFERENT THING FAR FROM BREAD YOU KNOW................... LI...KE..... ASSORTED (IF POSSIBLE PRIVATE JET WOULD BE ON LIST OF EXPECTATION) HOPE THIS HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION ................. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [/size]

Ode!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by smart134: 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nonso23: Reminds me of the Legendary "ofoma" bread sold on the highways in onitsha grin
(Except septugenerians or above) no one can claim to know the reason why.
Speculations abound nonetheless, e.g bread was once seen as a commodity of the rich because bakeries were introduced by the 'whites' to us therefore anyone coming from far-away places (must have hit it big) must come with one or two as proof, etc, etc.
Even when i travel back to school, room-mates ask me for ''bread" and when the case is reversed i do same.
It's more cultural than rational sha..
All in all... I no know grin
abeg i dnt knw abt dat bread...was it in d 60s?
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Ayodimeji89: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
The fact is that bread is the most considerable snacks to buy cos no matter how many people u will meet,bread go reach all of them..even if na one one slice. One for u, one for me

1 Like

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by omanifrank(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
deejay_harry1: i just no know why.. but i prefer agege bread to any other existing bread
nor be small thing

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
packman: [size=20pt]FIRST OFF aLL @ OP WHO TOLD YOU ITS ONLY BREAD PEOPLE BY IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD

SECONDLY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BUYING BREAD FOR THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GOING TO VISIT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed HA.... OK MAY BE MONEY NO DEY YOUR POCKET NI...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THIRDLY NO BE ALL KIND BREAD BE BREAD ..........@ cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN NOW

LASTLY AS FOR ME ANY BODY THAT IS COMING BACK FROM JOURNEY (DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF JOURNEY) I WOULD REQUEST DIFFERENT THING FAR FROM BREAD YOU KNOW................... LI...KE..... ASSORTED (IF POSSIBLE PRIVATE JET WOULD BE ON LIST OF EXPECTATION) HOPE THIS HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION ................. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [/size]
so what's funny now? Di*k head

1 Like

Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by LadyH(f): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
na family food; food for all.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by BlackHuman(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
bread is cheap and it's big. it'll cover the whole of the family members. so it's cheaper if u look at the "utility per naira"...
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by LadyH(f): 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
deejay_harry1:

u never jam cabin biscuit na
papa n mama go jes balance chop cabin biscuit? na so e bad reach?
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
When i was still in skuul,i do buy family cabin biscuit for my hall mates,na four four for each person,if you come fry am,that thing sweet die....
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by LadyH(f): 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nonso23: Reminds me of the Legendary "ofoma" bread sold on the highways in onitsha grin
(Except septugenerians or above) no one can claim to know the reason why.
Speculations abound nonetheless, e.g bread was once seen as a commodity of the rich because bakeries were introduced by the 'whites' to us therefore anyone coming from far-away places (must have hit it big) must come with one or two as proof, etc, etc.
Even when i travel back to school, room-mates ask me for ''bread" and when the case is reversed i do same.
It's more cultural than rational sha..
All in all... I no know grin
Ofoma bread cake. iloved.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by breadplanet(f): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
Teebest82: When i was still in skuul,i do buy family cabin biscuit for my hall mates,na four four for each person,if you come fry am,that thing sweet die....
Sorry u fry cabin biscuit #Justasking#
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by ifyboi(m): 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Okay. I have seen your question.
The answer, my dear, is that we travellers buy bread because it is a commodity majority of d population will eat. Thank you.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by LadyH(f): 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
canalily: undecided hav u forgoten that Jesus Christ called it bread of life?
lmao!! sicko.
Re: Why Do Travellers Buy Bread When Visiting? by Varagous(f): 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
adaobi123:

Which bread do you like ? I like chitis bread grin
.... ENUGU CHAP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Relaxation Drink And Recipe? / Baking Tips Everyone Should Know / Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.