Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! (1561 Views)

Dev Speak: Uncharted 2 & Final Fantasy Xiii Use 100% Of The Ps3's Power! / Microsoft Using Playstation 3 Footage To Promote Final Fantasy XIII On Xbox 360 / Final Fantasy Fans Boo The Xbox 360 At Final Fantasy XIII Launch Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by texazzpete(m): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2008
Square Enix just announced yesterday at E3 that final fantasy XIII will be released on the Xbox 360 in the US alongside the PS3 version.

Vowiski, any reaction?
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by justbones(m): 6:12am On Jul 16, 2008
if true then i have no need to get a ps3
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by vowiski(m): 5:22am On Jul 19, 2008
lol,
i knew that was going to happen, seeing the delay and lack of info from sony and square unlike MGS4.
we saw it HAppen to GTA4 AND DMC4. and there was no significant impact
dont forget: they will complete ps3 ffXiii on ps3 before porting to the 360.

MS also had timed exclusive for alone in the dark, which scored 3-4.5 in most review.
microsoft has lost the whole concept.

I wount be be getting ffxiii either cos m not a fan and i ve not played any.
like around 70% of ff sales are in japan. 360 version not coming to japan.

its timed exclusive to ps3 for almost a year.

FF vs. 13 is still exclusive and it completes the franchise.

sony has a small share in square enix.

these are the reasons why it will not hurt sony that much, it will still move ps3's (maybe not as many) but not that much less than it would have if it were still exclusive. i dont think the 360 version will sell as much copys as the ps3 version.

HOPE you saw HOW PS3 OUTSOLD 360 BY ALMOST 200K CONSOLES, FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE. lol
MGS4 TOPED THE CHART WITH OVER 700K COPIES SOLD.
GO! PS FANS
PS ROCKS
PLAYB3YOUND
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by texazzpete(m): 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2008
vowiski:

lol,
i knew that was going to happen, seeing the delay and lack of info from sony and square unlike MGS4.
we saw it HAppen to GTA4 AND DMC4. and there was no significant impact
don't forget: they will complete ps3 ffXiii on ps3 before porting to the 360.

MS also had timed exclusive for alone in the dark, which scored 3-4.5 in most review.
microsoft has lost the whole concept.

I wount be be getting ffxiii either because m not a fan and i ve not played any.
like around 70% of ff sales are in japan. 360 version not coming to japan.

its timed exclusive to ps3 for almost a year.

FF vs. 13 is still exclusive and it completes the franchise.

sony has a small share in square enix.

these are the reasons why it will not hurt sony that much, it will still move ps3's (maybe not as many) but not that much less than it would have if it were still exclusive. i don't think the 360 version will sell as much copys as the ps3 version.

HOPE you saw HOW PS3 OUTSOLD 360 BY ALMOST 200K CONSOLES, FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE. lol
MGS4 TOPED THE CHART WITH OVER 700K COPIES SOLD.
GO! PS FANS
PS ROCKS
PLAYB3YOUND

As usual, your information is flawed.
FF13 is an exclusive in Japan only. The US and Europe versions will release at the same time for the 360 and the PS3.
MGS4 didn't sell as many copies as Halo3, did not even constitute a major system seller for the PS3.

And i think it's pertinent to realise that a great many people are buying the PS3 just as a cheap Bluray player. it actually is one of the cheapest Bluray players on the market now.
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by vowiski(m): 4:14am On Jul 20, 2008
pretty sure you dont know what you are saying.
ff is not getting a simuteneous world wide release.
cofirm your claims first,
infact it would be comming in multiple disc for the 360.

LOL,
MGS4, not a system seller? i can now see your level of ingnorance. keep it up.
GTA4 MOVED only about 300k ps3 consoles in first month.
and MGS4 moved over 400k console in first month also, and you open your mouth to say its not a system seller.
keep talking,
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by texazzpete(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2008
vowiski:

pretty sure you don't know what you are saying.
ff is not getting a simuteneous world wide release.
cofirm your claims first,
infact it would be comming in multiple disc for the 360.

LOL,
MGS4, not a system seller? i can now see your level of ingnorance. keep it up.
GTA4 MOVED only about 300k ps3 consoles in first month.
and MGS4 moved over 400k console in first month also, and you open your mouth to say its not a system seller.
keep talking,

FF13 will come out on the 360 and the PS3 at exactly the same time in regions outside Japan. Check your information again.
There's no indication if FF13 will come in multiple discs on the 360. Square Enix made no mention of that.
Stop believing the propaganda Sony spews out. There's nothing evil about multiple discs. In fact, many people would prefer multiple discs to the installation to hard drive times on the PS3. For example, between each act inMGS4, there are install times.

I said MGS 4 was not a MAJOR system seller. I wonder how you missed that word? Major system seller would be something like Monster Hunter for PSP, which sold millions of copies in Japan, and turnd the PSP from selling 15000+ weekly, to outselling the Nintendo DS and the Wii for over 2 months now (55K + weekly sales of PSP hardware).
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by Gamine(f): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2008
Xbox for life baby!!!

Final Fantasy! oh hw ive missed ya! kiss
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by vowiski(m): 2:43am On Jul 21, 2008
texazzpete:

I said MGS 4 was not a MAJOR system seller. I wonder how you missed that word? Major system seller would be something like Monster Hunter for PSP, which sold millions of copies in Japan, and turnd the PSP from selling 15000+ weekly, to outselling the Nintendo DS and the Wii for over 2 months now (55K + weekly sales of PSP hardware).

THE MGS4 BUNDLE WAS NOT ADDED TO NPD THE CHART.
+25k ps3s

PS3 WAS selling about 40k a week in japan. the sales jumped to over 100k a week, with the release of MGS4. and its not a major system seller?
YOU ARE SIMPLE JUST UNIMAGINABLE.
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by McBrave(m): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2008
@ Vowiski
Hey, dude, wat the hell do u think u r sayin? U kip goin on threads tellin everyone the story's u cooked up over night. Always sayin ps rocks and that the ps 3 has outrun the 360 console in sales. Let me make it clear to u that has at when the xbox 360 came out it has sold more consoles than any other console, let me ask u a qustion, wen do think the ps 3 console came out? dat u are braggin abt its sales. Wit the mgs 4 at the date of release till date has never outrun Halo, and u kip sayin ps 3 rocks. Dat console is just there to fool the crowd and includin u. Jus because ps 2 made a mark dosent mean that sony is better than microsoft. U know wat u r sayin is not true, they are all false.
YOU ARE JUST WAISTING UR TIME ARGUEING ABOUT WAT IS NOT A FACT WHILE BOTH CONSOLES ARE MAKING AND EARNING THERE MONEY FROM UR SOLE CALLED CRITICS. Just because of Mgs 4 person no go hear word! Na wa ooOOOOH!
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by ogagusps3: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2008
THE wii has sold 32 million since lunch (in half the time the 360 used to sell just 20 million consoles)

The ps3 launched the same time the wii launched and has sold 16 million to date.

If calculate the amount of 360's sold in the first 23 months of its release (the amount of time the wii and ps3 have had to sell) it adds up to 14 mil consoles.

The ps3 is currently out selling the 360 monthly and with its line up of games in 2008 and 2009 its just amatter of time before it out sells the 360.

DO THE MATH

PS3 RULES
SONY RULES
PLAY B3YOND
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by texazzpete(m): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2008
ogagusps3:

THE wii has sold 32 million since lunch (in half the time the 360 used to sell just 20 million consoles)

The ps3 launched the same time the wii launched and has sold 16 million to date.

If calculate the amount of 360's sold in the first 23 months of its release (the amount of time the wii and ps3 have had to sell) it adds up to 14 mil consoles.

The ps3 is currently out selling the 360 monthly and with its line up of games in 2008 and 2009 its just amatter of time before it out sells the 360.

DO THE MATH

PS3 RULES
SONY RULES
PLAY B3YOND

Your Math and your logic is fatally flawed.
When the Xbox 360 was released, there were huge sections of the gaming community that were waiting for the release of the PS3 before making their minds up. Using the sales data from the first 23 months of the 360 release to compare the first 23 months of the PS3 release is a bad step.
Naturally, you fail to note that the PS3 is still one of the best Blu Ray players in terms of value, so millions of consumers have purchased PS3s simply as a Blu Ray player. As Sony takes a loss on each PS3 made, this class of buyers are unwanted by Sony.

Naturally, you fail to note that the Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 last month in the US. And that was before MS slashed the prices of 360s, with the cheapest version comin gin at $199. Guess what effect that'd have on the 360 sales?
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by gabelogan(m): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2008
i hope the combat system on the new final fantasy will not be turn-based. besides that, i think the only good feature of final fantasy is the stories. the gameplay is borin.
there was soooooooo much hype surrounding Final fantasy, when i got FF7 on the ps i was really dissapointed. the game was no where near as good as what they said it was. it was just like vagrants story (anybody played that game?)
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2008
cool, the game is good sha smiley
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by Shaz(f): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2008
Okay, for EX-boxers. . who cares?
Re: Final Fantasy Xiii Coming To The Xbox 360! by texazzpete(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2008
gabe_logan:

i hope the combat system on the new final fantasy will not be turn-based. besides that, i think the only good feature of final fantasy is the stories. the gameplay is borin.
there was soooooooo much hype surrounding Final fantasy, when i got FF7 on the ps i was really dissapointed. the game was no where near as good as what they said it was. it was just like vagrants story (anybody played that game?)

I'm sorry, but i'm gonna have to call you out on this one. FF7 has very little in common with Vagrant story. The only thing they have in common is turn based battling. Finito. And yes, i played Vagrant Story.

FF7 still remains one of the best games ever made. Why would someone who dislikes turn based games review a turn based game? I hate Tomb Raider, but you'll never catchj me saying it isn't a good game.

Shaz:

Okay, for EX-boxers. . who cares?

um. . .the millions of people who own Xbox 360s?

(1) (Reply)

Sony Announces A Slimmer Playstation 3 / 3d Phyno, Iceprince N Jimmy Jatt / PS4 Fifa 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.