Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated (1394 Views)

Online Registration Process For Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment 2013 / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by Jayclinics(m): 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nigerian Immigration (NIS) - Minister of Interior, Mr Abba
Moro, has clarified issues concerning the controversy
generated by the imposition of N1,000 processing fee on
the applicants, in the ongoing recruitment exercise into the
Nigerian Immigration (NIS).
This is coming as some aggrieved personnel within the
parastatal questioned the rationale behind the fee, alleging
that about N6 billion should have been generated with an
estimated six million or more applicants.
Moro, in a statement signed yesterday by his Special
Assistant on Media, Mr George Udoh, said the fee was
charged by the consulting firm handling the recruitment
exercise for administrative purposes.
The minister, in the statement titled: "Setting the Record
Straight", said there were some misrepresentations about
his position on the N1000 processing fee charged for
every applicant applying for a job in NIS, which is one of
the para-military outfits under the leadership of the
Minister.
He said the response has "become necessary to set the
records straight by informing members of the public that
the Ministry of interior does not charge any fee for job. I
have chosen to set the records straight and to correct the
misleading reports in some National Newspapers lately
because in spite of spirited efforts some sections of the
media are still hell bent on dishing out falsehood and half
truths to gullible members of the public."
According to him, "this piece is likely going to be our last
attempt to join issues with those who deliberately want to
distort records, adding that these explanations will correct
the misrepresentation being peddled by mischief makers
to discredit the good intentions of the Minister of interior.
Moro further explained that the N1,000 charge "is the
charge by the consulting firm to defray cost of accessing
the website to fill forms. This is also intended to save the
applicants the cost of travelling to Abia to submit their
application forms, as well as avoid other inherent risks,
including unauthorised middlemen activities and other
abuses."
"It is also against the backdrop of an earlier exercise that
was carried out some years ago during which applicants
converged on a common place and there was a stampede
resulting in the loss of some lives.
"As a responsive and responsible Minister who believes in
the rule of law, I have the greatest respect for the laws of
the land and would not if any circumstance breach any
provision of an existing law. The N1,000 charge was
approved for the consultant after due consultations with all
relevant government agencies," he added.
However, some insiders within the service who spoke on
the condition anonymity wondered why such fee should
be charged from jobless applicants in the first place.
According to them, its like impoverishing further Nigerians
by taking away the little they have without even assurance
of the job they were seeking.
"A lot of money will be made by this so called processing
fee and if over six million Nigerians were to apply for a
vacancy of not more than two to five thousand, while
generating over N6 billion at their expense," a source
noted. - Thisday News
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by dadebayo1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
Space reserved.. Can't believe I contributed to the 6billion F2C..

Special thanks to everyone.. Ifediran
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by feeekey(f): 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Its so sad to knw dt d rich are gettin richer n d poor gettin poorer SMDH for naija[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Happy to hear this
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by babskerbo: 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dis thread is sound unethical bt i av it in my mind one day ! one day ! We r going 2 REMOVE WATER 4RM D BLOOD
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by Jayclinics(m): 7:35am On Nov 12, 2013
why is everything in Nigeria awkward?
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by kessiah: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2013
Mehn, cant believe I enriched them, 6 billion naira for which kind of processing fee, after we r nt going 2 see anything, then when is the date for screening
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by Socrates05(m): 8:49am On Nov 12, 2013
I wept 4 dis country, God u are d only 1 dat can help me in dis unemployment thread. Let my help locates me. I went to go and service builders to b4 i can pay d moni. Over 6milions aplicant just image; and they need no more than 5000 candidates. God on ur Rock i build my hope. Any1 with useful informatn on exams date call my line 08030588641
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by Swiftlee(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2013
Yah! N6B, kai..see better lie o..I think there is help somewhere;till we discover it..i am afraid..things would remain as the are!
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 12, 2013
Nigeria is finished
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by bioye(m): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
Why do some Nigerians love to misinform others? That is why I am skeptical of the media at times. The number of applicants that applied is not even up to 1 million so how can someone come here to say N6 billion was generated? Haba!
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by olamisegbe(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
Nooooooo, it cant be up to that amount, well hope alive, God is on the throne.
Re: Nigerian Immigration N1000 Application Fee - Over N6 Billion Generated by Jayclinics(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
bioye: Why do some Nigerians love to misinform others? That is why I am skeptical of the media at times. The number of applicants that applied is not even up to 1 million so how can someone come here to say N6 billion was generated? Haba!

did you pass elementary 3 maths at all Or did you miss some part Of the post while reading it?

(1) (Reply)

Workforce Assessement Test 01/08/2014 / Account Officer With Tally Knowledge / Vacancies @ The Maternal Newborn And Child Health Programme (MNCH2) - Feb.2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.