Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People (45098 Views)

Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? / Christian Couple Spread The Word Via Wife Swapping / Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nbright: 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ishilove:
And I pray God in His infinite mercy gives you the grace to serve Him with all your heart, soul and spirit smiley
Amen...

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by fleps(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
I even know of a case
between two young youths. They got engaged (Not officially though)
but the wedding preparations and/or official introduction is to
commence in 1 year six months time or two years time at most. They
are Christians, born again and filled with the spirit. At one time the
sister visited the brother and his family and stayed with them for
some time. That's when the brother discovered that he could not fully
control himself being alone with the lady. The guy was always the
problem. he would fight with the scriptures and prayers but still find
himself weak in the sister's presence (THEY DID NOT HAVE SEX.
According to him, he romanced and cuddled her). He confessed to his
fiancee how weak he finds himself in her presence. Now I came to
understand that your bolded statement is true of the brothers (But
not all sha) and could cause a problem between two dating
Christians who truly love each other. Well, today, they are not
together. The lady decided to stay apart from the said brother
(Possibly foreseeing something) for some time. She decided to be
friends with him for the now.

Yes! She deserves to wear the white dress. But
that does not mean ladies WHO ARE NOT VIRGINS do not deserve to
wear the white dress. In my opinion, ladies who have not defiled and
did not defile themselves with their to-be husbands or any other man
during courtship or dating, deserves to wear the white dress. This is
because some may have met Christ after they defiled themselves
(Which means they are no virgins but now made pure) while some
may have been Molested!
TITUS 1:15 Unto the pure, all things are pure; but unto them that are
defiled and unbelieving is NOTHING pure; but even their mind and
conscience is defiled.
Now to the romance and cuddling and kissing part. Most times,
Christian couples to be engaged in this but do not have sex. Can
these be considered be pure and eligible to guiltlessly wear the white
gown? I was in a conference at Nassarawa during the NCCF national
confab in 2012 and the lady speaking on the Christian dating and
finding a life partner was asked whether kissing during courtship is a
sin and she said 'NO' if one can control himself/herself not to lead to
sex. She received a "booooooooo" from the crowd who were
apparently not satisfied with the answer. That could only show that
she engaged in such during her time (She's married). So as
Christians, where do we actually draw a line when it comes to these
things EXCEPT having sex: Can this praised couple as pictured above
confidently say they did not kiss or romance or sexually cuddle(BUT
DID NOT HAVE SEX) before this wedding day?
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by debeey87(m): 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
I am thankful to God so many of us have been blessed by this article. For those of you who are still virgins - male/female thank God for you and may God give you the grace to keep it and as a special gift to your charming prince that special night.

Let me just point out that Virginity is not a criteria for a sucessful marriage. I read that comment of that person who mentioned about the lady who married as a virgin and the husband absconded after some years. The big question should have been, WERE THEY MEANT FOR EACH OTHER. Keeping our purity will be worth it if only we give it to the right person.

Some of us have criteria for the kind of man we want. Criterias like he must have tribal mark, he must be tall, handsome, rich,have a car and a whole lot. Bro Gbile Akanni shared the story of a lady who all she wanted for a husband was a pilot which is not a bad thing to desire. She got one but the marriage was hell. The man turned her to a punching bag and she even lost one of her sight in the marriage.

Friends, Its not about who He/She is today but who He/She will become 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now. Your marriage is not for today alone but for eternity and only God knows that tomorrow.

Commit your choice into the hands of the Lord and he will do that which is perfect as regards your choice of who to marry.

On a final note, When we accept Jesus into our lives, our purity is restored and we are once more fit to wear that white bridal gown.

If you can, I will encourage you to go to youtube and download Bro Gbile Akanni's messages on courtship and choice of a life partner, I know it will bless your soul.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by yetseyi(f): 3:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
@deebey well said

I m inspired by their story @ least there's comfort in knowing d@ people still do d right thing

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by easy345(m): 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
[quote author=debeey87 post=19473863]

This is Josh and Bre Curtas, a devout Christian couple, minutes before their wedding ceremony, now living in Virginia. Josh wanted to be sure they started their marriage off right, so without seeing the bride before the ceremony, they sat around the corner from one another, held hands and prayed.

Photographer Kimberly Burke snapped this photo of Bre and Josh holding hands and praying before their wedding in August 2012. Burke told HuffPost Weddings that the photo went viral back in January when Bre wrote a blog post about it.

This week, this photo went viral for a second time on the internet after the New York Daily News wrote about the photo on Wednesday.

Bre wrote in her blog post recently that she wanted to share the story behind the photo for the hundreds of thousands of people who found inspiration through this sweet moment she and her husband had.

Below is the story behind the Photo worte and posted by Bre (originally available here)

Moments before I was to walk down the aisle my soon to be mother in law came in the dressing room where my bridesmaids and I were all gushing with giggles and fluttering about finishing last minute details.

"Sweetheart, your groom has called for you!".

In a nervous tizzy I said, "What?! I'm not ready! I have to get my shoes and..."She had already taken my hand and led me to a corner, where my groom was waiting. I barely sat down; I was filled with so much anticipation! So much excitement! So many nerves!

"Is he going to like my dress? Does my hair look pretty? Can he see me?!"

Right around the corner sat my soon to be husband, I so was nervous he might see me yet secretly hoping to catch a glimpse of him. In my excited state I was the first to speak,

"Hi sweetie! We're getting married today!"

"I know baby and I want to pray with you before we do."

There we sat around the corner hand in hand, and together we bowed our heads. People were rushing about; the wedding coordinator directing people here and there, the photographers snapping photos and the bridal party enjoying each others company. Yet in that moment, in the quietness of our hearts and minds, my husband and I were alone in the presence of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

My husband prayed that God would bless our marriage, that through thick or thin together we would never lose hope in one another. That instead of focusing on each others imperfections we would always rely on Christ's perfection. That we would wake up every day and chose to love one another not through our own strength but by the power of Christ's perfect love.

With our hands clenched tightly to one another together we said "Amen", both with shaky voice and just like that I was whisked away to blot the tears off my face and put on my veil.

After my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and every other girl in the room had finished zipping, curling, tucking and blushing me up I looked in the mirror. There I stood wearing my pure white wedding dress, ready to walk down the aisle to my Prince Charming.

See, he is not only my Prince Charming because of his incredibly handsome looks, or wonderful humor, or the fact that we have so much in common. He is my Prince Charming because he helped me protect the most precious gift that I owned, my purity.

Soon after we had started dating I nervously told my Prince that I was a virgin and planned to be until the night of my wedding; to which he replied he would have it no other way.

Throughout our dating relationship and engagement we constantly fought, what at times felt like a losing battle. We fought temptation with prayer, scripture and accountability. I had friends checking up on me if they knew we were together late at night and he regularly met with other Godly men to pray for strength. At times, especially as the wedding grew closer, we thought we were attempting to do the impossible.

"Why are we doing this?" I would ask in my weakness, and he would remind me, that it's because God had told us too.

"I can't do it, I can't... this is too hard!" he would confess to me and I would pray for his strength.

When I walked down the aisle in my white dress, I looked straight into the eyes of the man that had laid himself down to protect and honor the wife that God had given him.

When his eyes first caught mine he looked into the face of the woman that had waited for him, the woman that would support him and love him for the rest of His life, through good times and bad.
I love this it is very inspiring indeed. Yes because. There is nothing better and infact the best is to start with GOD,and also end with him to him be all the glory forever more!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) / What Has The Lockdown Opened Your Eyes To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.