Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,189 members, 7,807,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off (9009 Views)

Senator Dino Melaye And His Vintage Car Spotted In Maitama [photos] / Adamawa Govt House In Abuja Sealed-off / Micheal Adebolajo Father's House Sealed-off By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Unblockable: 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2013

Only the conference room of the hotel was sealed-off.

Scores of armed police officers, on Tuesday sealed off a Nicon Luxury hotel conference room where an anti-corruption conference was planned.

The anti-corruption conference was planned by an organization promoted by former House of Representatives member turned anti-corruption campaigner, Dino Melaye.

The police arrived in the early hours of the day with combat officers, including anti-terrorism squads, to carry out the seal-off of only the conference room the anti-corruption campaigners rented for the conference.

It is still unclear why the conference room was sealed. The police authority responsible for Abuja, the FCT Command, denied ordering the operation.

“I am not aware of it,” the spokesperson of the command, Altine Daniel, said.

But Mr. Melaye believes the seal-off was ordered by the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar.

“The hotel management said the police officers brought an order from the IG,” he said.

The spokesperson of the Nigeria Police headquarters, Frank Mba, is yet to respond to inquiries.

“We will never give up, the conference must go on,” Mr. Melaye said.

“We already know that when you fight corruption, corruption fights back.”

The former lawmaker has, recently, had a recurring battle with the police over anti-corruption protests including that organised to demand the removal and prosecution of Aviation Minister, Stella Oduah, over the N255 million armoured car scandal. Mr. Melaye was briefly arrested, then released, during the protest.

SOURCE: www.premiumtimesng.com/news/149445-breaking-police-seal-dino-melayes-anti-corruption-conference.html

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by MANGAM(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
All to save d neck of madam minister

5 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by agbameta: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
This aso rock rretard is worse than abacha and fast becoming idi amin. Talk about a democratic nation on paper, but a repressive dictatorship and police state in reality...

24 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by funnyx(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
GEJ is fighting corruption as promised undecided

12 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Elueme: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
What are those primitive NGOs for other than use their noise to exploit money from desperate politicians, hoodwink foreign agencies to supporting their course and gain undue popularity from our teaming bt gullible population?
DINO Delayed should first protest against the under development he brought upon his people on Ayetoro Gbede and the source of his opulence then I ll take him serious but for now let me siddon n look.
N.B ; I don't subscribed to corruption but when I see an dishonest struggle, I need no prophet to decipher

12 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by wablet(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
The police made a mistake! The IG instructed them to go and supports Dino. Nigeria...what a country lipsrsealed
Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by donphilopus: 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan is becoming unbecoming. Like I've always been saying, Goodluck is a man known to be the most corrupt leader of this nation.

When his former Bayelsa Boss was arrested in overseas, was GEJ's wife(umblerela) not caught with a huge amount of money in the airport??

Did GEJ not grant pardon to his former corrupt boss?? Just to mention a few!!!

19 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by MRWHINNIG: 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
Dino Meleya is corruption typified.

6 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by johnmartus(m): 1:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
infact i dont understand dis goverment again this is a democracy not dictatorship in where the right of poeple can denial them by speak against the goverment how can a president of the country can use ordinary paramilitary to treat the life of poeple gej is very crude enough is enough
Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Mynd44: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
And people wonder why we call most Nigerian leaders silly

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by gratieao: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
Melaye himself is a corrupt politician, they are all birds of the same feather. he is a drowned man, we are not fool, he is doing this because he himself is not done with the looting of Nigeria, he is a pretender, he wants to come back in 2015 Melaye is not sincere about his anti corruption crusade, he is just shedding a crocodile tears. He is a shameless man, he was calling for the probe of oduah while he himself was supposed to be probed .
I don't blame him and his co clowns

8 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by donphilopus: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
gratieao: Melaye himself is a corrupt politician, they are all birds of the same feather. he is a drowned man, we are not fool, he is doing this because he himself is not done with the looting of Nigeria, he is a pretender, he wants to come back in 2015 Melaye is not sincere about his anti corruption crusade, he is just shedding a crocodile tears. He is a shameless man, he was calling for the probe of oduah while he himself was supposed to be probed .
Anachronism

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Controversy: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
today Dino is not different from the one in house of reps (2007-2011), or the one during school days- he is vocal; you dare not take such stand if you are not smart or clean. if he is as dirty as you are painting him to be; why are the people he is digging up their filth protecting his dirt? shut him up by showing us his dirt. you cannot fight what sustains you. can president Jonathan even pretend like this young man in the voice against corruption? he CAN’T!

11 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by VICTORCIZA(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
The early they send malaye to jail the better for us.imagine a corrrupt man fighting corruption

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by superior1: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
I fear [size=15pt]Cluelessness [/size] than [size=15pt]Death[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by 9jahubcom(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
wat a country

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
Why is the government hell-bent on making Dino Melaye appear as a hero?

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by ochukoccna: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
Seems Jonathan doesn't know the constitution grants Nigerians freedom of association undecided undecided
Jonathan is so weak that he thinks strong arm tactics will portray him as no nonsense grin grin grin
When a man reminds and impresses it on his wife that he's the head of a household, you know he has lost the plot already
As the indefatigable Fela talk, NA SHAKARA, e no fit do nothing

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
gratieao: Melaye himself is a corrupt politician, they are all birds of the same feather. he is a drowned man, we are not fool, he is doing this because he himself is not done with the looting of Nigeria, he is a pretender, he wants to come back in 2015 Melaye is not sincere about his anti corruption crusade, he is just shedding a crocodile tears. He is a shameless man, he was calling for the probe of oduah while he himself was supposed to be probed .

How does this epistle explain why his conference was shut down?

11 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by idlaw2k3(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
VICTORCIZA: The early they send malaye to jail the better for us.imagine a corrrupt man fighting corruption

And another corrupt man sends him to jail

5 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
Major general jonadoom a.k.a "most corrupt" at work! Foul air till 2015!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by BabaEleko(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
This fresh air oozing out of Nigeria is just too fresh. The air too fresh soteyyyy e fit kill pesin. If you're outside Naija and need some of this fresh air in your life wherever you are just follow me on my profile, I'll export you some unadulterated fresh air. #FreeFreshAirForAll

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by dridowu: 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
Unblockable:
Only the conference room of the hotel was sealed off
for only the conference room only to sealed off shows that the govt directly goes for Dino Maleaye in order to prevent him from holding the press conference
Unblockable: " i am not aware of it " the spokesperson of the command Altine Daniel Said
how will he know , since he did not give the order but the order was from Oga Nla himself
VICTORCIZA: The early they send malaye to jail the better for us.imagine a corrrupt man fighting corruption
wit ds ur comment u can NEVER make a good leader, a good leader listen to both wrong and right comment, if d leader is innocent of alleagation against him, then let him clear him/herself from all allegation so that he can come out " PURE"
So if u are the leader a lot of your followers will surely rot in jail. #smdh4u#

7 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
gullible Nigerians! so Goodluck sent policemen or whoever to seal the venue? must we 'blame Goodluck for our own badlucks'?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by skeletine(m): 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Elueme: What are those primitive NGOs for other than use their noise to exploit money from desperate politicians, hoodwink foreign agencies to supporting their course and gain undue popularity from our teaming bt gullible population?
DINO Delayed should first protest against the under development he brought upon his people on Ayetoro Gbede and the source of his opulence then I ll take him serious but for now let me siddon n look.
N.B ; I don't subscribed to corruption but when I see an dishonest struggle, I need no prophet to decipher
It is obviously obvious that you support corruption Oga, we don't need no prophet to decipher that as well. Regards

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by everyday: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
He will end up like his predecessors
Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by realsuigeneris: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
agbameta: This aso rock rretard is worse than abacha and fast becoming idi amin. Talk about a democratic nation on paper, but a repressive dictatorship and police state in reality...

Good for you..........I thought you people said GEJ is weak and a coward? ok nah!!

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by BabaEleko(m): 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
realsui-generis:

Good for you..........I thought you people said GEJ is weak and a coward? ok nah!!

Maybe God prove that he is not weak and not a coward in ur life they way GEJ is proving to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by saintgh: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
ppl who re blind 2 d truth kip on attacking this man because of his past as if they re all saints. he dat has no past let him cast d 1st stone. d fact remain he is doin a gud job presently & must b commended.melaye continu d gud work & let notin deter uuu ..allegations re dat h is corupt but there re no evidence 2 suport dier claims...nigrians wit bad mentality dat if u re in gov automaticaly u re corupt..

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by oluwashaddow(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
Controversy: today Dino is not different from the one in house of reps (2007-2011), or the one during school days- he is vocal; you dare not take such stand if you are not smart or clean. if he is as dirty as you are painting him to be; why are the people he is digging up their filth protecting his dirt? shut him up by showing us his dirt. you cannot fight what sustains you. can president Jonathan even pretend like this young man in the voice against corruption? he CAN’T!
sometimes I disagree with ur comments,bt on dis one,I throw u lot of kisses

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by Texykool: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
Controversy: today Dino is not different from the one in house of reps (2007-2011), or the one during school days- he is vocal; you dare not take such stand if you are not smart or clean. if he is as dirty as you are painting him to be; why are the people he is digging up their filth protecting his dirt? shut him up by showing us his dirt. you cannot fight what sustains you. can president Jonathan even pretend like this young man in the voice against corruption? he CAN’T!

Spot On!

A friend of mine once attacked Dino on Twitter, calling him a corrupt politician. He responded by asking him for proofs. He told him to go to ICPC and EFCC, if he finds anything incriminating, he can make it public.

The truth is, Dino has always been vocal, even in the Lower Chamber of the House. I am sure that if he has any records of wrongdoings, it would have been used to keep him quiet. His affront of Miss Oduah shows that 'the top echelon' has nothing on him...

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye’s Anti-corruption Conference Sealed-off by agbameta: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2013

The fact that in your own irrelevant opinion you think he is corrupt means he has not right and freedom in his own country and he must be hunted and intimidated everyday?

This oppressive act is a major threat to you and Nigeria, but of course, definitely not expecting you to see this from your low and shallow vantage point..

Btw, if the man is corrupt as you ranted, why is he not in jail? Because the same corrupt and incompetent federal government is incapable of prosecuting and sending him to jail or there is just no truth to your rubbish? Pick one...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Must Commend Buhari On The Quality Of Enugu - Onisha Express Road / Osinbajo: Appointment Of Judges Should Be Rigorous Not ‘Take A Bow’ Process / Budget Padding Controversy: Step Aside Now, PDP Tells Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.