Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do (2257 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / No Girl Should Be Married Before 17 –aisha Buhari / It ended in praise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by teetee2(f): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2008
I av missed many relationship by too holy. I used to turn down many proposals immediately i perceived it was not healthy as 'not a believer or have a wife at home' but now age is not on my side and pressure everywhere. I'm confused. My social life is now zero becos i try to run away from anytin presume as sin. I need your advice
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by KarmaMod(f): 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2008
Find an equally "too holy" guy?
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by gangling(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2008
it is never late to mend goes an adage.Yours is not a case beyond repair, it only needs a sense of seriuosness on tour part now. You know what you want and what is good for you. When next you have the opportunity dont miss it because this is not the best time for you to make unnecessary excuses to be your albattross to get what you want. You have to sacrifice and compromise where necessary because there several ladies in your shoee whereas guys that are ready for marriage are few in circulation.

Be humble but not without choice in your search and be prayerful too. Give a sincere man that comes your way a chance and dont set a standard that is too high as that might scare prospective suitors. This is my own advice for you
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by Seun(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
You're desperate to sell yourself into slavery? Don't you know that desperate people are easily conned?
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by CH3COO(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2008
That's true seun, but please don't scare the man with the comparison to slavery.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by Gamine(f): 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2008
Sorry o

Awon Desperado.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by princessk1: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2008
you can only know a man trully loves you when you stop being desperate,desperation will make all men will look good to you.
are you sorry for being holy?
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by brownbonno(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2008
Seun:

You're desperate to sell yourself into slavery? Don't you know that desperate people are easily conned?

Since when is marriage synonymous to slavery ?I cannot comprehend your insinuation.

@poster,
There is no need to be desperate because you know the reasons for your late marriage(holy holy).You are half way to your solution,let your holiness be in your heart.face life with a realistic approach and enjoy the benefits of it.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by CH3COO(m): 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2008
Gamine:

Sorry o

Awon Desperado.
Desperation for Gamine's love smiley
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by cold(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2008
Desperate times require Desperate measures,this looks like a job for Antonio Banderas or better still Stone(Cold)call if u're not just fooling around.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by janami(f): 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2008
@poster
first things first: neva get desperate.
dnt worry things will work out well for u. Is it not thesame God u r serving? but u dnt have to run away from havin a social life sha, man is not an island.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by manmustwac(m): 9:13pm On Jul 15, 2008
well i hope this is a lesson for all the young holy babes in da house oh TIME WAITS FOR NOBODY! so nobody should wait for time.

If am standing by oshodi bus stop waiting for bus i go reject this bus because the insides no look healthy or the bus no look fine etc till daylight go turn to dark and i begin to get desperate now willing to take a chance and risk the consequences in order to complete my journey

So teetee2 am not yabbing u but u just get to take a chance now cry cry cry and pray for the best
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by benincitys(f): 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2008
please don't be desperate to get the first one that come your way.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by chika98: 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2008
Pls don't be desperate to get hitched! Marriage isn't all it is cracked up to be.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by fellybabe(f): 3:33am On Jul 16, 2008
just be calm my dear,when it's God's time for you to locate your bone, you will surly get married.

AMEN
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 16, 2008
Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!

Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee.

Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty,

God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by CH3COO(m): 5:18am On Jul 16, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!

Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee.

Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty,

God in three Persons, blessèd Trinity.
omode yi, who is asking you to recite hymns from sop?
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 17, 2008
Hush and sing along jor
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by deprof1(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2008
madam ,you are never old until you believe you are there4,do not be desperate at all. is it well with you and sou,l all you need to do is that relax ,pray,watch,and be careful cos many are called but few are chosen, of course your man will come at the right time.
Meanwhile you need to know how loosen up and manage yourself and pple you come across at any given time or place ,hello babe teetee 2 you are too much ,you are meant for a man that you are yet to see but definitely youwill laugh at the end

stay cool
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by zeal500: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2008
you have a fault which you have failed to deal with
examine your life cos pride and other related disease might be there
do not be desperate cos the one you are looking for might just be where you are and you are not looking
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by ifyalways(f): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2008
One thing u gat to do,throw away the desperation NOW.
desperados rarely make it
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by CrazyMan(m): 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2008
You said you’re holy how come you haven’t met bother John or Brother Peter?

Stick to your faith and believe since you claim to be a born again; I would suggest that you engage and commit yourself to the things of God; move closer to God and become a regular face in church activities.

Am sure that in less than two years some nice guy might just notice you and who knows, you might just get married.

But please and please don’t be desperate like you stated in your post; if you ask me, I would say it is better to be a single girl than to be married to a monster.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by abujabooks(f): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2008
@Poster,

Don't be desperate. Men can see desperation and they run.

Pray and[b] fast[/b] and ask God to send your own husband. The bone of your bone and the flesh of your flesh.

He will come.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by unit(f): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2008
@ poster

I really understand how you feel cos am also waiting for a man who has his focus on God and ready to settle down the Godly way.If you have waited this long that means you trusted God to take care of this marriage thing for you so why do you now want to take it from Him just when your breakthrough is around the corner and handle it your way,after all He said we should be anxious for nothing. I know that we see ladies with less faith and who are not not as devoted to God getting married and being happy but my dear all that glitters isn't gold o.
There is a time and season for everything including your marriage.Please remain holy and hold on to God cos He that started this good thing in your life will surely see it to the expected end.
If i may ask what do u think your desperation can achieve? You will just end up sleeping around and they will still not want to settle down cos they'll think you cheap.How many men do you think you will have to sleep with before you get The One.
Stay strong jere there are so many like yourself keeping the faith,remaining holy and still waiting cos we serve a God that doesn't disappoint.I'm still waiting hard as it is sometimes but I now i will make it whole n happy. I wish i could talk to you one-on-one if u are interested tell me know so my friends n i will encourage you.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by 74071688(m): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2008
My gateman is looking for a wife!

interested?
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by lucabrasi(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2008
@poster
its not too late for you,like some have said,you have to lower your standards and have a realistic check list,girls always have admirers and guys ready to settle down with them but more often than not ,they always want someone richer,more handsome,taller,better educated e.t.c
give yourself clear cut and realistic benchmarks and then keep an open mind and you ll be hooked up before you know it,make sure you dont look oract arrogant(you know what i mean with the naija girl look)good luck
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by skyline(f): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2008
There are issues in life one need not be desperate about and marriage is one of them.
You said you have been playing holy holy and i commend you for that because the scripture says "Marriage is honorable with the bed undefiled" and if you have been able to keep this law, why then do you regret doing so when the reward is just by the corner?
I advice that if the pressure is too much on you or you no longer feel comfortable around your folks please do relocate to another place were you are not much known.

Try to free your self and ensure you look your best at all times. I see your miracle right beside you if only you persevere a little more.

Please do share your testimony with us when it happens. Good luck.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by chocogurl: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2008
stop paniking an just asess the guys that have liked u in the past, where they bad 4 u or were u just w8in 4 sum 1 better. imnot saying u shoul just settle 4 any1. but give guys a chance if it dont workout its not the end of the world. an also b patient, the right guywill eventually find u!
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by teetee2(f): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2008
I really appreciate everybody's advice. God bless you all. Unit, Skymit I luv you all. As a lady when u get to certain age pple think u are not plan for your life at all which i did but fortunately or otherwise God has His own way for me. I still believe Him but devil is trying to show some funny picture when u see someone around you going to church and PROPHETIC THEME of every year is fulfiling in her life despite her relationship with 'Big men', you too will try to think otherwise. Yoruba would say 'Ti o ba je oba wa je eba' i.e if one doesn't work, others will work. I know God is too faithful to fail or deny Himself
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by ayomifull(f): 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2008
  I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do
« on: July 15, 2008, 05:50 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I av missed many relationship by too holy. I used to turn down many proposals immediately i perceived it was not healthy as 'not a believer or have a wife at home' but now age is not ,

Imagine how funny life can be, my male cousin 36 tall, handsome, good job, 100% single, xtian, clean guy in same situation. His isnt due to holy holy but being too careful because he is an only child of a very lovely parents who are still together in a very superb and peaceful marriage, the guy is looking for bamidale (stay with me till old age) wife like his mum and is wasting time being careful. Well, God will answer everyone.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by efosanice: 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2008
one mistake people make is that they let the world fool them that marriage is compulsory and it must be at certain ages for women, as long as you are civilised and enlighten then being holy is not a fault ( even though you did not tell us what you meant by that) , but being desperate is a very wrong thing to say or be, marriage is not a bed of roses and when you marry there would be a lot of challenges so it is not what you rush into.

moreover only truly holy men( that is men with the heart of GOD) can actually make you happen and make marriage work and sweet, others would mix it with all kinds of worldly vices and stuff and make it as bitter as vinegar be wise.
Re: I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do by saha(f): 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2008
Appreciate yourself 1st,know urself shape ur destiny to the best of your ability.Things done in desperation aren't d best.remember marry in haste repent at leisure.Being religious isn't a crime just learn to love who u are & don't pressurise urself

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Those Things U Can't Imagine Urself Doing? / Should A 9 Year Old Kid Be Able To Do Chores Without Being Told ?? / PHOTO: Mother And Daughter Gives Birth Same Week For The Same Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.