Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,345 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:50 PM

A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! (38893 Views)

My Experience With The Super Natural / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire / True Ancient Tales Of The Mermaids And Merman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by PurpleHouse(m): 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
This is in response to a similar thread on Mermaids:::::::::::
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but i guess the mods can fix it, hoping too that it makes front page so as to convince many of us still not sure if Mermaids actually exist! Ok, lets get this started!

I'll start with my Mum's Night Of Terror!!!! Yes! It was a Night of Terror indeed! One that got her to never ever go to a River again even up till this very moment!

Many years ago, mum was in the village for some holiday with granny and also for her care as she had just delivered!
it was a very beautiful Morning like every other ones, i was just months old, still a baby! Me and mum was still fast asleep when suddenly in her sleep she heard the sounds of beating kegs and footsteps heading towards the river to fetch some water. It is a common thing in villages to go to the river early enough so that u can get back home on time and do other house chores!!!!!

So, my mum head the people heading towards the river and got up to too. I was still asleep and being a sturbon lil lad that cry all the time, it was a great opportunity for her to go to the river and get back early while i was still asleep! So she thought. She grabbed her keg and ahead she went! She went very fast so she could catch up with the people ahead of her but never really caught up with them. On the point of entering the bushy path that led to the river, she still saw no one!

It was still very dark for a morning. But she went ahead now slowly, hoping to meet them soon. Not far from there, she could see what looked like a light ahead of her, hoping that could be people, she went faster, but soon lost the light! This time around, fear gradually crept into her, she was filled with so much fear that she started shivering and took off her slippers! But on gettin towards the final steps that lead to the river, she overhead women washing cloths and gossiping about other women.

They were slamming their cloths to woods and rocks inside the river and with such a loud voice, talking and gossiping, mentioning names of mama this; mama that. My mum was like, so i've been here walking slowly and being scared, when the river was already filled up! She put on her slippers again, walked very fast and slammed it with her feet to produce the kind of noise u get when u walk fast with a slippers, and that was what saved her life! Just as she walked out of the bush path and towards the river, everything and everyone jumped right into the river with such a rush, laughing with some witchy tone of voices, laffing at my mum!
Realizing what was happening! My mum burst into tears, fell on her Knees and begged her hearts out! "i did't know it was still late, please, i have not come to test you, i am an innocent women, please let me go, Please i mean no harm, please."
s
he crawled towards the river and dipped her gallon into the river, begging, crying, pleading and regretting! All the while, she was just being laughed at from corners and under the river with some tiny, witchy voice!

Alas, the keg was filled, she walked backwards, still begging for her life and for mine back home (using me as why she needed to live). She came home finally, and it was just 2:30AM in the morning! She cried, she smiled, she laughed, she held me tight and vowed never to visit the river again whenever she was in d village for holidays, Never ever, ever again!

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by PurpleHouse(m): 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
It was holiday again, and i was just 14Years old! Dad had droped us the previous day with granny for some hard knocks for being sturborn and too playful at school! It was a market day in the village! As we all know, the village has a day set aside for selling stuffs gotten from the weeks of farm labour and hard work! A day to eat well and make some money. On this day, no one is supposed to go to the river or farm, but not me, haaa, i was a bad a****s kiddo! Bad boy from town with a fancy Bike, every village girl's delight! I tool my lil bro and we headed to the river to get some urgent water as the house was virtualy empty! Granny had no knowledge. We walk and got toward the river path, no more houses around here, we were about entering the bushy path when a thought of wisdom crossed my mind! I stopped, and pulled my lil bro back, the road was still very clean, no foot steps on the ground. No drops of water or signs to show that people had passed through heading to the river! I decided to sit down there and wait for till someone came along, so we could go together! Not long after that, a young boy and girl of about my age was heading towards us and walked past us, we got up and followed them instantly! But on getting to tje river, wow, the river was as silent as a graveyard! Dry! But something was strange? There were drum beats and chantings of many things comin up from under the river! Drum beats like the ones u hear when folks are serving their gods, low tempo, but very persuasive, it makes u nod your head like u like the beats and the sound! I was scared! Very scared! Didn't know what was going on, and equally tryina figure out where the beats were coming from! It was indeed under the river! The other guys seem not too bothered, they just fetched their water, took some swimming, and was about heading home! I asked them what was happenin, but they simply replied "Have you forgotten that today is a Market day?" it was there that it downed on me that there was a general meeting going on! But why we could hear the drums and other stuffs was what surpprised me! Aren't they supposed to be spiritual beings? We grabbed our galons and head home as soon and as fast as we could! Believe me, that was the day i feared GOD!
-----------------------------------------
NB: not very long after my mum's incident, the chief priest of the village cried around the village that the gods of the land are complaining that they don't enjoy their quality time, their privacy. That they are being disturbed by people coming to the river at night, when they were supposed to have their break!
Believe this or not! It's ur own palava, but it all happened live and not in Nollywood! Mum told me all she went through, but when i experienced mine, i feared God, the Sea, and All thats in it!

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Saraben(f): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
God is in control

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by PurpleHouse(m): 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
Saraben: God is in control
Truly He is!
There is a God! There is a Satan, Mermaids as well as Demons!

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by packman: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
[size=30pt]WAS THE MARMAID LIKE THIS OR MAY BE THE FATHER grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by drnairalov: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
loool ok..lens gist u this story ma mom told me some yrs bck..i really found it hard to blive. she. claimed. there waz a snake day entered inside a well!! nd as a result people abandoned d well saying d snake waz an abomination.

well she waz still in pry school..waz yet to pay her skull fees; so she waz home alone.. she decided to go save d snake. she put a Long stick insyde d well so d snake cuddle grab hold of it. she brought it out nd let d snake escape

ok to cut d story short..she went to d river nearby with her friend nd while playing in it she saw shinning coins inside..d more she picked, d more it came...she got scared picks only 8 coins nd ran..bfore she got home she nd her friend spent it all. on telling her parents ...d parents went to d river wit her to see how TRUE but dey found nothing ...dey tried getting d money off d peeps she gave but d money had disappeared.. d town elders said. maybe it was as a result of saving d snake...nd d snake wanted. to reward her.

of course am yet to believe dis story..even if its my mom who told me..looks more like tales by moonlight. Ciao!!!

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Vivly(f): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Why don't you move out of that village and go to a city

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
no picture? didn't happen

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by kekakuz(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
i remember my encounter with a mermaid very well like it was yesterday
mostly because it was yesterday

it was a cold night,the breeze was freezing so i hid under my blanket
then i heard a wisper in my ears
"come come with me" at first i refused because she look like tonto dike
then she changed into tiwa savage.so i followed her. we followed the bush part and reached the river.
although i noticed that the legs were joint but i felt it was just a custume to spice things up.
she called on her fellow friends to come out of the river.nadia buhari toolz rihanna beyoncy and mercy j. they all carried me and finished with kisses
i grabed beyoncy from the front and start to suckle on her thing then i recieved a dirty slap from my roommate i woke up to see myself suckking on his dry igbo chest.emeka slap bad

160 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by laivwire(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nna bia, shey yu see am with your korokoro eyes? If not, mbanu, i no believe

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by kaeto(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Na wa oh..

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by slightlyMad(f): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
OP, you didn't go with ur camera phone?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by toskut(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by FoxyOsamadeen(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
grin
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by OmolodMilkman93(m): 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
wonderful?
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by MissSUPREMO: 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Na wah ooo
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pass us the Igbo bros.

Stop smoking alone angry

15 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by femi4: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Liar.....Such thing doesn't exist
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tales by the moonlight
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by DICKtator: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Dyslexic

grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Lilimax(f): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Waiting for the Part Two of this stories grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by shikenosa: 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Abeg u see any of dem..shey dem sexy?? Make I find my caro go dere sharp sharp..
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by networkgenuis: 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
angry angry grin grin grin cry cry

Wetin person no go hear! Chai!

Next thread please!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Caspian22(m): 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Wait! U did nat see or any woman with tails of fish.. And the women in stream dint introduce demselves 2 u as mermaid so y re u labellin dem mermaids... Na so craze dy strt!?
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by 49cents(m): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Victor waifo confessed that his hit track 'if you see mami water eh never you run away...." Was sung to gim by a live mermaid at the Bar beach

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by SisiKill1: 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ OP

Tales by Moonlight....Yes?!

Gosh!! Used to enjoy watching that show and the stories. . .well just the stories with real people part oh, the animal stories always pissed me off because the animals didn't look real. Seriously, the fact that the show was for children did not mean they should play with our intelligence angry angry.

Then again, the story with real people made no sense either....I mean mermaids, mami-waters, thunder striking gods?! Gimme a break!! angry

Anyhoo, I thought after a certain age....people kinda figured out it was all fake?!!

Say....OP, how old are ya?! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Odunharry(m): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mammy water tinx
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Booked
Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by PassionD(f): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
A fisherman won't tell U̶̲̥̅̊ all that he sees when he goes fishing. Strange things exist under d water and a lot happen there too

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! by martin1772(m): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
K

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Desmond Tutu: Body Of South African Hero To Be Aquamated / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Arrives Benin, Set For Higher Life Conference 2017(PICS) / Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.